Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:05:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain just announced the AntMiner A3 - 815GH/s Siacoin miner - Blake(2b)  (Read 12712 times)
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:22:28 AM

so... a3 is a no go, I guess Tongue

Long term, A3 can be expected to do "as well" as L3 & S9 are doing at the moment.  L3 & S9 are in range of $250-350/mo at the moment.  Currently, the A3 looks like it will be doing $30/day for the next 50 days or so then maybe $10/day after March.  Still not bad.  

Long term, if the project is successful, I see SC at $0.20-$0.60 range within 2-3 years.  That part is speculation of course.

I can promise you that after the next batches hit the network, daily profit will be around $2.50. Like the D3 is today. People keep forgetting.....this is ONE COIN. The X11 network was already dangerously thin and it contains several coins. This one.....not so much.

It depends on how many they sell on batch 2. If they sell same amount of batch 1, I am pretty sure it will be way better than $2.5. More like $15-$20 or better if sia stays at 0.03 to 0.04.
So Batch 1 sent daily profit from $500.00 to $40.00 and difficulty from 650 TH to 11,561,001 TH, and you think another batch of the same magnitude will only knock $20.00 a day off the current profitability?Huh Um....ok.....if you say so.  Roll Eyes

Say there are 10K miners fighting for 144 blocks a day and make $40 worth coins a day. 20k miners will make $20. Why do you think I am wrong? Lol
I don't think you're " wrong " per say, I just think that, while I applaud your optimism, I have seen this movie before. Keep in mind that Bitmain runs one of the largest mining farms in the world. The 10k would indeed be nice. I'm just jaded and skeptical. I am 100% convinced that Bitmain has a "long game" plan here with SIA. Part of that is to control as much of the coin as humanly possible. E.g.; BCH. This little protocol fits very well into Bitmain's future plans in AI. Cloud Storage is a Holy Grail for their long term plans.

Your argument seems to support the mine and hold strategy. Mine and hold.
I am not mining it. I am just buying it. As much as I can. It's almost down to 3 cents now. I do mine a lot of other things but I also went through the D3 shitshow. Granted on a small scale but I just don't need the distraction. Those D3's have always been the highest power draw, lowest profit and most problematic mechanically in my farm. For 3 cents I can buy a metric shit ton of SIA and see if my theory plays out. I suspect it will take a long time but hey. Who cares.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
BenRickert

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:24:00 AM

Long term, A3 can be expected to do "as well" as L3 & S9 are doing at the moment.  L3 & S9 are in range of $250-350/mo at the moment.  Currently, the A3 looks like it will be doing $30/day for the next 50 days or so then maybe $10/day after March.  Still not bad.   

Long term, if the project is successful, I see SC at $0.20-$0.60 range within 2-3 years.  That part is speculation of course.

I can promise you that after the next batches hit the network, daily profit will be around $2.50. Like the D3 is today. People keep forgetting.....this is ONE COIN. The X11 network was already dangerously thin and it contains several coins. This one.....not so much.

You might be right. It sounds reasonable and within realm of possibility.  What do oldtimers say around here??......"Mine on".    I am relative newb, but I am sure BTC experienced the same thing multiple times.  Those that mined on and held their coins came out alright.
I feel that tha is the healthiest attitude one can have toward the A3. Forget ROI. Just keep the SC.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:35:51 AM

Selling 4 A3 miners on hand in NYC and Albany. $3k each.

Bitrated user: mikespax.
Tekno2020

Activity: 262
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:44:06 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 01:17:29 AM by Tekno2020

Long term, A3 can be expected to do "as well" as L3 & S9 are doing at the moment.  L3 & S9 are in range of $250-350/mo at the moment.  Currently, the A3 looks like it will be doing $30/day for the next 50 days or so then maybe $10/day after March.  Still not bad.  

Long term, if the project is successful, I see SC at $0.20-$0.60 range within 2-3 years.  That part is speculation of course.

It depends on how many they sell on batch 2. If they sell same amount of batch 1, I am pretty sure it will be way better than $2.5. More like $15-$20 or better if sia stays at 0.03 to 0.04.
So Batch 1 sent daily profit from $500.00 to $40.00 and difficulty from 650 TH to 11,561,001 TH, and you think another batch of the same magnitude will only knock $20.00 a day off the current profitability?Huh Um....ok.....if you say so.  Roll Eyes

Say there are 10K miners fighting for 144 blocks a day and make $40 worth coins a day. 20k miners will make $20. Why do you think I am wrong? Lol
I don't think you're " wrong " per say, I just think that, while I applaud your optimism, I have seen this movie before. Keep in mind that Bitmain runs one of the largest mining farms in the world. The 10k would indeed be nice. I'm just jaded and skeptical. I am 100% convinced that Bitmain has a "long game" plan here with SIA. Part of that is to control as much of the coin as humanly possible. E.g.; BCH. This little protocol fits very well into Bitmain's future plans in AI. Cloud Storage is a Holy Grail for their long term plans.

Your argument seems to support the mine and hold strategy. Mine and hold.
I am not mining it. I am just buying it. As much as I can. It's almost down to 3 cents now. I do mine a lot of other things but I also went through the D3 shitshow. Granted on a small scale but I just don't need the distraction. Those D3's have always been the highest power draw, lowest profit and most problematic mechanically in my farm. For 3 cents I can buy a metric shit ton of SIA and see if my theory plays out. I suspect it will take a long time but hey. Who cares.

By my calcs,,, by the time batch 2 hits in late March.... most batch 1 buyers will have ROI'd. What you do at that point is up to you.  One thing is for sure, Bitmain is not handing out any free lunches.  Will you have been better off buying the coin during this 2 months?.... if the price stays steady or goes down,,,, then No.   I think BTC needs to hit $8k, before it finds its feet again.

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
Tekno2020

Activity: 262

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:53:37 AM

Long term, A3 can be expected to do "as well" as L3 & S9 are doing at the moment.  L3 & S9 are in range of $250-350/mo at the moment.  Currently, the A3 looks like it will be doing $30/day for the next 50 days or so then maybe $10/day after March.  Still not bad.   

Long term, if the project is successful, I see SC at $0.20-$0.60 range within 2-3 years.  That part is speculation of course.

You might be right. It sounds reasonable and within realm of possibility.  What do oldtimers say around here??......"Mine on".    I am relative newb, but I am sure BTC experienced the same thing multiple times.  Those that mined on and held their coins came out alright.
I feel that tha is the healthiest attitude one can have toward the A3. Forget ROI. Just keep the SC.

Mine the A3 for a year and.... accumulate/hold what SC you mine.  Sell the hardware in a year or so for whatever you can get and upgrade.   Even D3s are selling for $900-1000 at the moment.

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:01:39 AM

This doesn't fit into any plans for AI.  They are a chip maker.  AI and deep learning requires extremely fast data networks, not latent, decentralized cloud storage.  There are also other alternatives to SIA such as Storj and Maidsafe.  People who got burned by the D3 have their own greed to blame.  They prepaid for batches way into the future.  To be frank it doesn't matter how many asic miners bitmain makes, they are like a metal detector company.  They will make them as long as people keep buying them, its not their job to institute some sort of artificial capacity control.  Obelisk tried to do this and look what happened.
tomwrx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 09:20:59 AM

and yet people are buying A3 like crazy. Must have really really short memory Cheesy

ALQO - A Decentralized, All-in-One Financial And Cloud Services Ecosystem.

https://alqo.app/
alpha-miner

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:07:09 PM

Anyone having issues sending siacoin to poloniex? I sent like 500 the other day and still no deposit. I opened a ticket and they said they are having problems with their wallet.
BenRickert

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:40:35 PM
Merited by mousehouse (1)

and yet people are buying A3 like crazy. Must have really really short memory Cheesy
I believe most these people are new to mining. That's what the D3 brought in. They do NO research and have NO idea what they're doing or getting into. Just read some of the questions and comments in the forum. It's mind numbing. Some crazy foreign dude burned down his chicken coop the other day running an overclocked A3 on 110v.

VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 04:12:40 PM

he's upset it didn't come with a powercable, so it's not making any money, his wife is pissed @ him because of all of this and now above all . . he's sleeping in his chicken coup (probably due to said mad wife) plotting his revenge lol

Well Vosk, you've really done it now.  Your suggested OC to 800+ made the A3 ignite and burn down the chicken coop.  Now the wife is really mad and Shute doesn't even have a roof over his head.
i'm worse than bitmain T_T lol

Disclaimer - I do not recommend or endorse overclocking your miner Cheesy

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 04:15:13 PM

Yes famous picture guy vosk works for devil bitmain. Devil bitmain promoted famous picture guy vosk picture tube L3+ videos for a while.
lol if I worked for them I'd make more money than I currently do!

VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 04:16:17 PM

he's upset it didn't come with a powercable, so it's not making any money, his wife is pissed @ him because of all of this and now above all . . he's sleeping in his chicken coup (probably due to said mad wife) plotting his revenge lol

Well Vosk, you've really done it now.  Your suggested OC to 800+ made the A3 ignite and burn down the chicken coop.  Now the wife is really mad and Shute doesn't even have a roof over his head.
famous picture guy vosk telling overclocking trick makes more sia. I tries this to make up quiet time and gets bad fire. he has happy face and looks nice guy but he maybe works for devil bitmain
I clearly state in the video don't overclock and I don't endorse it plus I'm not famous lol I'm just a dude with a doge mate //// I do show the difference w/ OC though

dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:30:08 PM

famous picture guy vosk telling overclocking trick makes more sia. I tries this to make up quiet time and gets bad fire. he has happy face and looks nice guy but he maybe works for devil bitmain
I clearly state in the video don't overclock and I don't endorse it plus I'm not famous lol I'm just a dude with a doge mate //// I do show the difference w/ OC though
Bitmain is a good employer, we shills have great benefits, see you at the Chinese new year's company party Vosk (and hey, you are famous, don't be so humble) Smiley
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:33:30 PM

Whelp,

The A3 is on Bitmain Site right now for $980 -- I just picked up one.

I'm curious to see if it'll break even before the end of 2018, even at that price.
Pantoflascrypt017

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:35:34 PM

Did anyone buy in the most recent batch? I dont know how long it has been available for but considering the much cheaper price than the 1st batch was sold for i would have expected more to be picked up by now... i mean of course you wont get the crazy profit that the 1st people managed but still $20-$30 a day should be possible when people who get the second batch start up their machines. Maybe the negative mood and slump in the market has discouraged people and the difficulty will hardly alter, consider that quite a few people just buy the miners to then sell on at a profit on third party sites so these machines wont be used for mining for a little while after so therefore wont add to the difficulty.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:43:22 PM

Did anyone buy in the most recent batch? I dont know how long it has been available for but considering the much cheaper price than the 1st batch was sold for i would have expected more to be picked up by now... i mean of course you wont get the crazy profit that the 1st people managed but still $20-$30 a day should be possible when people who get the second batch start up their machines. Maybe the negative mood and slump in the market has discouraged people and the difficulty will hardly alter, consider that quite a few people just buy the miners to then sell on at a profit on third party sites so these machines wont be used for mining for a little while after so therefore wont add to the difficulty.

Looks like Bitmain didn't announce it so people aren't flocking to it, I too wonder how long its been listed.

There is a T9+ listed as well.
Pantoflascrypt017

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:47:59 PM

Yeah i was wondering if that was the case or not, i just happened to be viewing their site earlier today and saw it at $980. I think even with the increase of difficulty that comes with a second batch there will still be room to make profit and breakeven in at least 6 months i think. Say the average payout per day halves from now so maybe $15-20 a day with the miner being so much cheaper than the first batch it should still be worth a punt for those who missed out on the first sale.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
achtung082

Activity: 358
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:48:29 PM

Looks like Bitmain didn't announce it so people aren't flocking to it, I too wonder how long its been listed.

There is a T9+ listed as well.
T9 has been up since yesterday.

Support sidehack projects: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
My Sales Wallet BTC:bc1qxtxsc86lessnrsm52gf7qgmqle75htdr03zdd7 - LTC:LNLKyKkGNCJakZudGjc2qg26yYz7oeo92k - ETH:0xDf1b17872D9Ff22F04270BbDA13556B3E1649E27
slpeter

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:00:33 PM

Just to give an idea of profitability, before the first batch was released, per day return was around $500, everyone jumped to buy it, hoping to have some profit, but the way Bitmain sold so many units(1st batch), within 2 weeks it went down to $20, even worst they announced second batch with such a low price, thinking that ppl are fool enough to cash on them, end of the day, Bitmain sucked on all the profit and leave the miner, who are the backbone of any crytocurrency functioning to suffer, i have no words. if truly Bitmain was concerned and be part of crypto world they should'nt have released in such huge quantity and made everyone suffer.
achtung082

Activity: 358
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:08:47 PM

There are so many A3's on feebay, its crazy.

Support sidehack projects: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
My Sales Wallet BTC:bc1qxtxsc86lessnrsm52gf7qgmqle75htdr03zdd7 - LTC:LNLKyKkGNCJakZudGjc2qg26yYz7oeo92k - ETH:0xDf1b17872D9Ff22F04270BbDA13556B3E1649E27
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: