Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:26:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain just announced the AntMiner A3 - 815GH/s Siacoin miner - Blake(2b)  (Read 12724 times)
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:26:49 PM

There are so many A3's on feebay, its crazy.

If you look at the computer hardware section of the forum you’ll notice plenty of A3s being sold too. There’s many people out there trying to sell the miners as of right now because some people see the miner becoming the D3, whether or not that actually happens is anyone’s guess.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:50:55 PM

Did anyone buy in the most recent batch? I dont know how long it has been available for but considering the much cheaper price than the 1st batch was sold for i would have expected more to be picked up by now... i mean of course you wont get the crazy profit that the 1st people managed but still $20-$30 a day should be possible when people who get the second batch start up their machines. Maybe the negative mood and slump in the market has discouraged people and the difficulty will hardly alter, consider that quite a few people just buy the miners to then sell on at a profit on third party sites so these machines wont be used for mining for a little while after so therefore wont add to the difficulty.

Looks like Bitmain didn't announce it so people aren't flocking to it, I too wonder how long its been listed.

There is a T9+ listed as well.
Been there 48 hours or so. It's really inefficient. At today's profit numbers it's not a good buy at all.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:52:29 PM

Just to give an idea of profitability, before the first batch was released, per day return was around $500, everyone jumped to buy it, hoping to have some profit, but the way Bitmain sold so many units(1st batch), within 2 weeks it went down to $20, even worst they announced second batch with such a low price, thinking that ppl are fool enough to cash on them, end of the day, Bitmain sucked on all the profit and leave the miner, who are the backbone of any crytocurrency functioning to suffer, i have no words. if truly Bitmain was concerned and be part of crypto world they should'nt have released in such huge quantity and made everyone suffer.

You are absolutely clueless.  What do you mean before the first batch?  No when the first batch was released it was $500 because there were a few lucky people who got their miners days before others.  As the hashrate started to rise to normal levels of course the profitability dropped.  No educated person bought an A3 thinking it was going to be making hundreds of dollars a day indefinitely.  Have you checked the bitcoin charts?  Every crypto has been in a freefall the past few weeks.  Profitability is down on literally everything.  I suppose that is Bitmain's fault too.
btc2017btc2017

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:40:29 PM

soon my poops package arrives at bitmain castle of dead souls. then see how difficulty has for bitmain bloodsuckers.
shutefight, I make a video to make you famous chicken coup guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xDKx_Prls4
BenRickert

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:03:00 PM

soon my poops package arrives at bitmain castle of dead souls. then see how difficulty has for bitmain bloodsuckers.
OMG!! LMAO!! That's classic.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
smithinoz

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:05:33 AM

Okay this has to be a send-up, as you can't overclock to 900 via the GUI to get more SIA.  Also #1 Rule of Cryto, spouse must not know about Crypto profits.

I thought I was at my mining limit, need to eat my chickens and reclaim the Chicken Coup.  Wife will leave with babies making more room for miners.
Eat 4 Sikies = 4 x A3.

Sleeping in the chicken coup, nothing like "fresh air" to clear the nose.

smithinoz

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:17:31 AM

so... a3 is a no go, I guess Tongue

Long term, A3 can be expected to do "as well" as L3 & S9 are doing at the moment.  L3 & S9 are in range of $250-350/mo at the moment.  Currently, the A3 looks like it will be doing $30/day for the next 50 days or so then maybe $10/day after March.  Still not bad.   

Long term, if the project is successful, I see SC at $0.20-$0.60 range within 2-3 years.  That part is speculation of course.

I can promise you that after the next batches hit the network, daily profit will be around $2.50. Like the D3 is today. People keep forgetting.....this is ONE COIN. The X11 network was already dangerously thin and it contains several coins. This one.....not so much.

my thoughts too.
I'm not surprised at all.
On a slight tangent, I see 148.83 Th/s of Blake 14r (Decred) on Nicehash.  While not Ph/s, seem quite large for GPU's, ASIC testing?
momitonkageru

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:36:28 AM

unluckily . Now it's only $ 4 per day.
http://sv1.upsieutoc.com/2018/02/01/Capture17bf0962d5c710f8.md.png
shutefight

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:38:33 PM

shutefight has saying this already. Man who throws poop on other man who cries in dirt is worst kind of man. you says these things for chieftan bitmain to be servant to devil. after death time you going hot place.
shutefight

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:47:27 PM

Okay this has to be a send-up, as you can't overclock to 900 via the GUI to get more SIA.  Also #1 Rule of Cryto, spouse must not know about Crypto profits.

I thought I was at my mining limit, need to eat my chickens and reclaim the Chicken Coup.  Wife will leave with babies making more room for miners.
Eat 4 Sikies = 4 x A3.

Sleeping in the chicken coup, nothing like "fresh air" to clear the nose.

I done for mining. I being punisher now. like movie guy. sleeping in barn having plans from movie to win victory over dead soul bloodsucker bitmain
oliver1975

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:31:38 PM

I'm happy with the rentability with tha A3... The difficulty plummet... that's smell very good...

Actually 1050 Sc per day, it's cool... I'm not interested in the price of siacoin

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/05/4/1517499076-siamininng-1.png
Pantoflascrypt017

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:39:13 PM

unluckily . Now it's only $ 4 per day.

No its not you still make $20 a day per machine where are you getting those numbers from!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
oliver1975

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:44:03 PM

No its not you still make $20 a day per machine where are you getting those numbers from!

don't think in $... the siacoin will increase in value... i do 1050 siacoin per day... and if you want talk in $... if the siacoin increase to 0.04 it's true value actually... you've got more than 40 $ per day... Siacoin miners will Hold their coin and don't sell to peanuts...
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:46:53 PM

Bitmain is pissing in everyone's crypto mining endeavors

$980 A3 Bitmain siacoin miner on the site..not selling out.they seem to have lots and lots

along with a fire sale of everything else they have

I am beginning to think that the siacoin miners will NOT survive as a network solution w/o a USAF fork vote....

the storage solution better work ...or we are beyond screwed, IMHO, the PRICE of siacoin vs the amount made by all this asic equipment

even BEFORE the obelisks hit...will not survive price wise w/o a working storage solution network

this could get ugly

Also, in fairness, I did DUMP all my 5 800 buck coupons to a buddy. He is getting 4 Decred miners and for the coupons I'm getting 1 Decred
miner for free..this was before 3rd batch price hike...so I could regret not keeping those coupons but PUNTED LIKE A SMALL CHILD..and ran away.

So again, be aware, I often have NO idea what I'm talking about!

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Gando
Copper Member

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:02:05 PM

I think the D3 debacle showed how early and underdeveloped crypto still is. Crazy to think of the power Bitmain (and other mining companies) has especially if their incentives don't fully match up with the devs. Long term I think the hope is for the price/volume of the currency to pick up exponentially to a point where the network needs all the hashing power.... But yeah got burned on some D3s but when in doubt either hodl or sell literally have only 2 options.

you literally only have 2 options in crypto (hodl or sell) DONT PANIC
shutefight

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:28:53 AM

I think the D3 debacle showed how early and underdeveloped crypto still is. Crazy to think of the power Bitmain (and other mining companies) has especially if their incentives don't fully match up with the devs. Long term I think the hope is for the price/volume of the currency to pick up exponentially to a point where the network needs all the hashing power.... But yeah got burned on some D3s but when in doubt either hodl or sell literally have only 2 options.

another sick person hodl. hodl mean touch pig penis in my home. how you are sick like this.
johnny_blaze

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:27:26 AM

According to SiaMining Stat, the difficulty recently has dropped from 12m TH to 7m+ TH.  Anyone knew why it dropped so fast?  One possible reason I could think of is be many A3 started to break down?

diff is being corrected after hardfork on 139000 block... so it will go down till reaching 10m block time
BenRickert

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:56:12 PM

According to SiaMining Stat, the difficulty recently has dropped from 12m TH to 7m+ TH.  Anyone knew why it dropped so fast?  One possible reason I could think of is be many A3 started to break down?

diff is being corrected after hardfork on 139000 block... so it will go down till reaching 10m block time

Not really understand what diff is being corrected mean.  Will this help on those A3 owner any?
Blocks can only be entered every ten minutes give or take a little. The current difficulty level is making them slower than the network dictates. So they adjust the difficulty "down" to quicken the block times. Normally that WOULD be better for miners, BUT, good ole Bitrmain just released NOTHER batch of A3's and is letting people buy 3 x more each than the last batches.

samm23

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:35:29 PM

Should be a month before that batch is shipped public
greenfailure

Activity: 145
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:33:39 PM

Not really understand what diff is being corrected mean.  Will this help on those A3 owner any?

Yes - means we are all getting more coins per day. I am up about 50% today in amount of coins per day my A3 is mining.

The first batch will ROI before the 2nd batch ships, no worries there. Than the second batch should have a similar ROI based off the lower price point.

Owner/Operator of LARGEST Greater Toronto Area mining operation.

BUY BITCOIN
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: