Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:42:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *Failed*[Group Buy] 1070ti BULK BUY straight to OEM  (Read 4163 times)
ark02 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:59:32 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2018, 07:36:33 PM by ark02

Hey everyone,

Haven't posted on here much, I guess you can say I go for quality over quantity. I've been hobby mining since '11 and turned it into a business last year as ETH started to break $40. Before crypto I was a veteran Group Buy organizer and trusted member of laserpointerforums.com

I have an opportunity to order really well priced 1070ti's with a one month relatively fast lead time (8 weeks) but it needs to be minimum 10,000 units massive.

Wanted to feel out how many people would be interested in pooling cash together to put in an order as a group. I'm thinking ideally minimum order 100 or 300 units per person.

If we can get enough interest, I'll get the ball rolling and start getting operations ready to receive/ship.

I'm open to suggestions on how everyone thinks we should handle payment.

Best,
ark02

UPDATE 5-17-2018:

So, what happened?
1) No money was transferred or taken from those who committed
  • Soft commit was secured back in January through a reputable multi-national distribution company that has been working directly with NVIDIA, Foxconn, AMD, Samsung, and other component/chipset/module manufacturers for over 20+ years
  • Original quantity desired was 10,000 pcs
  • We were informed that we could hit our aggressive price target of $350 if we could put together a pre-order on the order of $100M
  • Group buy was started, with commits backed by proof of funds
  • We collected around $40M proof of funds in a short timeframe, and then took that back to the factory to move discussions forward
  • This put us into a rigorous compliance process that lasted over a month with NVIDIA. During this process, they grilled us for all kinds of questions related to the industry we wanted to work in, where the products would be distributed, whether or not they would be resold, etc
  • It quickly became evident that they no longer wanted us to buy the gaming cards. They wanted us to buy mining cards and mine, not resell
  • At this point, we pulled out of the compliance process with NVIDIA, allowing us to approach NVIDIA's factory customers (like GIGABYTE, ASUS, ZOTAC, etc) as well as distributors directly. While talking directly to NVIDIA, we are not allowed to purchase cards from these factories, which are considered NVIDIA's customers.
  • For obvious reasons, these factories/distributors could not meet the aggressive price target of $350, but with large buyers in hand we were able to secure good pricing and complete some spot orders.
  • We now  have even better relationships with a handful of suppliers, and can get products at good prices quickly from some major distributors.

Conclusion: We can't get the $350 1070ti, but we can get reasonably priced cards for group buys of 200pcs and up.

---- Leaving this in for historical purposes ----
Current milestone:
  • $20M Proof of Funds
  • $40M Proof of Funds
Progress: $40M Proof of Funds

updated 1-27-18 3:00PM PT
INTEREST LIST:

TOTAL: 3010

Comby: 300 - PoF: N
MarkAz: 500 - PoF: N
Nalex87: 500 - PoF: N
Cryoplex: 710 - PoF: N
caffinated: 1000 - PoF N

Sponsored:
Name: Qty - Sponsor - PoF
ariabtc: 100 - Revolux.io - PoF: Y

Needs a sponsor:
lbr: 102
redbarf: 100
gabriel0: 100
Rapidgator: 100
raidersforever01: 100
Valkir: 100
rope717: 50
Sjenja: 50
Dr.plastics: 50
EU:
Mitarbeiter: 50 - EU
Mariowot: 100 - EU
SergejDoe: 100 - Switzerland
Needs a sponsor: 1002

No hard commit:
Kapz786: ??
Jenia1:??

----

FAQs (so far):
Price?
$350 per card

Brand?
These are unbranded cards straight from NVIDIA.

Telegram
https://t.me/revoluxio

Minimum Order:
100 units
300 units minimum. Order

Payment Terms:
  • Escrow
  • Standby letter of credit issued by your bank, on your terms

Escrow seems to be the popular choice and so it is 100% available and accepted. As some of you pointed out it can get really expensive at scale. We would have to split the order into ~$10M chunks, and those people could work their own terms, own escrow, etc.  Typically, sites like escrow.com handle transactions in the tens of millions. The entire industry grosses somewhere in the single digit billions for annual revenue. Cost will be about 5% of the transaction, but you pay for the security.
Tl;dr escrow.com is no problem

(OR) The faster more standard option in this industry is something called a "Standby letter of credit". You and your bank set the terms, such as "upon inspection and approval, the money shall be released". The manufacturer then ships the products "FOB", they're taken into custody at the US border
Where they await inspection. At that point, you or a representative or someone you hire (like an inspection agency) will inspect the goods, and if everything checks out, your bank transfers the money out of your bank account. Until you have physical product in your (or your inspectors hands) the money never leaves your bank account.
This can be arranged very easily and cheaply, and each "syndicate" can delegate their own "inspector" or trusted third party. Possibilities are endless from there.

Delivery:
Lead time: 8-10 weeks
Factory ships "FOB", then goods are taken into custody at US border and await inspection/approval.
We then inspect the goods and if everything checks out, funds are sent to the factory ("COD")

What if I can't order 300?
Find a Sponsor.

A Sponsor is: Someone who meets the minimum order of 300units, and is willing to order more for people who can't make the minimum. This involves taking payment from those people and discussing terms with them: Payment terms (credit card? paypal? Escrow? crypto?), Shipping terms, Taxes, After-sales service, Warranty, Return Policy, etc.
DO NOT order from a sponsor unless you have read and agree with all of their terms. It helps if your sponsor is someone you know and trust.
If you would like to be a sponsor please make a post on this thread and spell out your terms, which will be recorded on the OP.
If you would like to sponsor, you will need to meet with at least three members of this thread in person, or have three other people on this forum vouch for you.*
We need forum veterans to audit the sponsors: Sponsors should be vetted out by people on this forum who are trusted.
Nobody should place an order from a sponsor they don't trust.
At the end of the "trust chain" created by the sponsors, is the final trustless transaction (escrow) to get the cards from the manufacturer.
____
*These terms are subject to discussion and change

Current Sponsor List:
(Listed in order of announcement on this thread)

- Revolux.io (that's us!)
total willing to do: 1000 cards
minimum order: 5 cards
We are sponsoring 1000 units @ 5pcs minimum order. We offer no additional warranty and accept no returns. If you experience issues with setup or have any questions we will offer 30 days of free phone + e-mail + text support to get you up and off the ground. We accept BTC/altcoin payments through coinpayments.net as well as all major credit cards. Payment is due upon placing your order. If this Group Buy does not succeed, all orders will be promptly refunded. Estimated ship dates for our units is April 15-30.
How: http://link.revolux.io/1070ti

- @Saj1420
total willing to do: 1000 cards
minimum order: 50 cards
How: PM directly on bitcointalk -or-
Skype/email: saj1420@gmail.com
telegram @saj1420
To discuss over the phone shoot me an email with your number.
Payment Terms: PayPal, Etsy shop, and Crypto. (see his post on pg3 for more info)
 - Terms are open to suggestions.

- Make a post on this thread in order to sponsor

What is the current Target GB size:
Right now, for this thread, we need hard commits for 10,000 GPU's.
As some may have noticed, $350 per card @ 10,000 cards is $3.5M
The total order required from the factory was on the order of $100M
The bulk of the $100M was to be filled by large mines placing bulk orders (the proof of funds we collected) 
The idea was to piggyback the bigger order with the GB from this thread, that way we could provide cards to the BT community but also leverage the thread as a means to get to the bigger buyers who would fill the entire order.

2) If you're ordering 1000+ units, we will fly out to meet with you in person, get to know each other before we do any business of this scale. If you're interested in a bulk order, it's better to reach out to us sooner rather than later so we can start to build this trust.

Can we get multiple types of cards?
We have the flexibility to order whatever card we want, but whatever we settle on that's it. Only one model for the entire run. Based on our own ROI calculations, the 1070ti at this price point is the best choice. Feel free to suggest any better candidates, we would love to run and compare the numbers!

How how can I trust you?
- We're actively working on accreditation by third parties like the BBB to establish trust and make this as easy as possible.

Podcasts we've appeared on:

How do I reach you guys?
- If you can make it out to any of the following cities, book a time to drop by and have some coffee: http://vyte.in/amir
  • NYC
  • SF/Bay area
  • Los Angeles

Telegram: @amirofcrypto
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amir-khazaieli-a7822a2b/
e-mail: GROUP BUY E-MAIL COMING SOON
PM me for cell phone or personal e-mail.
wickjohn1

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:06:02 AM

Whats the price for each one?
chemvidswoot

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:06:16 AM

Obvious question is - what is really great pricing?
wickjohn1

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:15:25 AM

Whats the price that you can get them for? You can't profit from a group buy! We just help you reach the MOQ of 10k units. If you want to profit from them just buy 10k units and sell them, nobody would help you make profit from a gb, when you don't have the products on hand.
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:03:02 PM

Who is going to be dumb enough to send a random person on the internet enough money for 100gpus is the real question.
Danos

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 01:11:59 PM

Who is going to be dumb enough to send a random person on the internet enough money for 100gpus is the real question.
Why u even trash talk before asking the OP is he willing to use escrow or local pickup ?
Retards nowdays....

fatprotocol

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:10:52 PM

I'm interested... where are you located and where would the units be shipped?
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:51:28 PM

I'm located in CA, San Fran. Bay Area. Local drop ins always welcome, we can grab coffee and chat.

----

I've been told sub $400 pricing on both cards, I'm working to confirm pricing. We need to decide which card we want though.

I'm open to whatever will make everyone feel the safest with their money and allow us to place our order.

I'm aware of how GBs work, don't worry Smiley
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:42:06 PM

Why u even trash talk before asking the OP is he willing to use escrow or local pickup ?
Retards nowdays....

I guess this is your first group buy scam post you've seen.  If he knew what he was doing and was willing to use escrow he would have made that clear in his original post.  The lack of information and newb account is a big red flag.
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 04:43:08 PM

I'm located in CA, San Fran. Bay Area. Local drop ins always welcome, we can grab coffee and chat.

----

I've been told sub $400 pricing on both cards, I'm working to confirm pricing. We need to decide which card we want though.

I'm open to whatever will make everyone feel the safest with their money and allow us to place our order.

I'm aware of how GBs work, don't worry Smiley

So, it is a multi million dollars business. You should better start an ICO to run such a huge scam. This subforume can  handle upto 1-2 grand scams max and yet 90% of the attempts will definitively fail Cheesy

Wait ... you got an option other than ICO ... invest a few grands and run a centralized exchange this community is full of people who are fool enough to deposit their coins in your site and you can do whatever you wish with it ... for a success story you can follow Bittrex roadmap, it is now one of the largest exchanges in the world and has already stolen several millions of people's deposits and guess what, their site is functional and their scam is up and running now for a couple of years Grin
PowerBI
Copper Member

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:06:55 PM

Im interested if I can pay via credit card.

Bitrated user: PowerBI.
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:10:06 PM

Retards nowdays....

I guess this is your first group buy scam post you've seen.  If he knew what he was doing and was willing to use escrow he would have made that clear in his original post.  The lack of information and newb account is a big red flag.

Haters gonna hate.

You can check out my company's website here: Revolux.io
Here is my LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/amir-khazaieli-a7822a2b
I'll post links to LPF group buys, but you can search my name "amkdeath"

Drop into our Oakland facility and I'll show you what we're all about. No shady shit here. Just business.

I was never opposed to Escrow, I in fact asked how you all prefer to do it since I'm new(er) on this forum. Still taking suggestions.

If you're going to drop $40K+ on gfx cards I'd prefer to meet in person so we can make sure we're both legit. Better scenario would be if 10 ppl could do 1000 cards each. I'm just trying to make this happen.

Important: do we want 1070ti or 1060?

Edit: about Credit Card; we do have a merchant processor and can accept credit cards, but I'll need to meet you in person or verify your ID because I have been totally screwed in the past by chargebacks. Gotta make certain you're the authorized cardholder.
chemvidswoot

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:20:44 PM

No disrespect OP - sub-$400 may be good for a 1070 ti but I have been scoring $300-$330 for 1060 6GB's on amazon repeatedly simply by being fast on the "refresh" all night during the last week. 1060 3GB's for $250'ish. Haven't seen any 1070's for decent prices though
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:23:54 PM

No disrespect OP - sub-$400 may be good for a 1070 ti but I have been scoring $300-$330 for 1060 6GB's on amazon repeatedly simply by being fast on the "refresh" all night during the last week. 1060 3GB's for $250'ish. Haven't seen any 1070's for decent prices though

Shit that's awesome!

I'll focus my efforts on scoring 1070ti's then. I haven't bought any more 1060s since the 1070ti came out last November so I'm pretty out of the loop on what's possible there.

Maybe I could push for closer to $180 for 1060s like it was last April/May... I'll give it a shot but I'll focus most of my effort on securing 1070ti
Xpod78

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

Hey there :D

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:39:53 PM

Shit that's awesome!

I'll focus my efforts on scoring 1070ti's then. I haven't bought any more 1060s since the 1070ti came out last November so I'm pretty out of the loop on what's possible there.

Maybe I could push for closer to $180 for 1060s like it was last April/May... I'll give it a shot but I'll focus most of my effort on securing 1070ti
If you could get $180 for the 1060's I'd be interested.
caffinated

Activity: 128
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:35:26 AM

Shit that's awesome!

If you could get $180 for the 1060's I'd be interested.

180 is not possible it was hard to get before the gpu draught and its almost definately a scam if its 180 in these conditions.

OP i can take over 1-5k depending on the price and quality.
I do not mind escrow but I doubt you will be able to have enough cashflow for this scale. If you do thats great lets go with escrow, if not we could still explore other ways where our risk is mitigated and your cashflow is not hit so hard.
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:37:18 AM

The biggest hurdle you have to overcome here is that you're new, and you're trying to do something that is fairly large in terms of group buy's on the forum... Posting the links to your company an LinkedIn profile are certainly helpful, but ultimately you could be Amir, or you could be using all of Amir's info - that's why people usually post pictures with physical good and holding something with their username on them.  I don't know much about the laser pointer world, but in the Bitcoin world it's FILLED with scammers and people trying to take advantage of people - so people who have been on the forum for a while generally try to filter things out for the newer users so they don't get taken advantage of and end up having a bad experience with crypto.

All that being said, I like the idea of what you're trying to do, if you can put it together... If you're doing escrow, then it's probably a no brainer (and assuming it's escrow through a reputable source).  A couple questions about what the cards themselves - do they all need to be the same exact model (ie, all 1070 TI's), or can they be in the same family, so 1060's and 1080's also?  Are they all from the same manufacturer, or from multiple?  And if it is a single manufacturer, which cards in particular are you talking about?  Some manufacturers like to lock their cards for overclocking, some use faster memory, etc - all of these go into how good a deal it potentially is.  Will you be taking crypto?  And for non-crypto escrow, will you use escrow.com?

Depending on timing and how the GB ends up coming together, I could be interested in 500 cards or so - if it's cheaper cards like 1060's then around 1000 probably.
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:44:58 AM

I would be down for some 1070 TI's but really need more information on pricing and more details from the OP
Rapidgator

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:24:36 AM

I am also interested in 1070TIs but but all depends on price and more info
raidersforever01

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:41:30 AM

I am interested in 50 to 100 1070's depending on when the buy is occurring I am currently offloading s9's i just bought.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: