Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 04:28:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *Failed*[Group Buy] 1070ti BULK BUY straight to OEM  (Read 4164 times)
caffinated

Activity: 128
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:32:36 AM

I am interested in 50 to 100 1070's depending on when the buy is occurring I am currently offloading s9's i just bought.
offloading s9's you just bought? you flipping em for 3x the price? xD
raidersforever01

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:05:09 PM

I was initially mining for myself but for the price they were going for I just couldn't resist. I sold off everything i owned and then didnt stop after that.
ark02 (OP)

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:30:20 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 07:26:32 PM by ark02

The biggest hurdle you have to overcome here is that you're new, and you're trying to do something that is fairly large in terms of group buy's on the forum... Posting the links to your company an LinkedIn profile are certainly helpful, but ultimately you could be Amir, or you could be using all of Amir's info - that's why people usually post pictures with physical good and holding something with their username on them.  I don't know much about the laser pointer world, but in the Bitcoin world it's FILLED with scammers and people trying to take advantage of people - so people who have been on the forum for a while generally try to filter things out for the newer users so they don't get taken advantage of and end up having a bad experience with crypto.

All that being said, I like the idea of what you're trying to do, if you can put it together... If you're doing escrow, then it's probably a no brainer (and assuming it's escrow through a reputable source).  A couple questions about what the cards themselves - do they all need to be the same exact model (ie, all 1070 TI's), or can they be in the same family, so 1060's and 1080's also?  Are they all from the same manufacturer, or from multiple?  And if it is a single manufacturer, which cards in particular are you talking about?  Some manufacturers like to lock their cards for overclocking, some use faster memory, etc - all of these go into how good a deal it potentially is.  Will you be taking crypto?  And for non-crypto escrow, will you use escrow.com?

Depending on timing and how the GB ends up coming together, I could be interested in 500 cards or so - if it's cheaper cards like 1060's then around 1000 probably.

Hey MarkAz, I really appreciate it.
Photos with physical goods in our warehouse is no problem  Smiley

If we are able to get 10,000 units worth of crypto into (reputable) escrow then I have a lot of confidence in being able to put together the cashflow to get the deal done. The only unknown variable is if in order to finance that purchase we'll have to bake in some sort of fee to the financier. I'm also open to other suggestions. Ultimately the GPU market is horrible right now and I just really want to make this happen.

I have a call in 2 hours and can hopefully get back to you guys with more info and more definite pricing.

Best,
Ark

EDIT:

What are our preferences for memory? Most RAM mfgrs seem to have a shortage but Kingston doesn't have a shortage right now.
I asked about Samsung memory, seeing if I can make that work.

I asked about Voltas as well.
Will update back later tonight

redbarf

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:31:17 PM

Depending on the price, I would be open for a 100 gpu order.
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:33:36 PM

One danger you run in holding crypto with escrow with a group buy of this size is fluctuation in the price.  For instance, if you had done the deal when BTC was at $15k, and now it's at $11k, you're going to have a problem reconciling everything... Ultimately a place like escrow.com is going to probably be the best option - and in terms of financing, I haven't done it but I would suspect that you could factor the purchase with your bank and they'd underwrite it for next to nothing (a point or two), but it depends on whether you're using a commercial bank or not.
gabriel0

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:21:07 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 05:26:34 PM by gabriel0

I'd probably be up for about 50 pcs, only 1070 ti.

Note: Need them shipped to EU.
caffinated

Activity: 128
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:53:26 AM

One danger you run in holding crypto with escrow with a group buy of this size is fluctuation in the price.  For instance, if you had done the deal when BTC was at $15k, and now it's at $11k, you're going to have a problem reconciling everything... Ultimately a place like escrow.com is going to probably be the best option - and in terms of financing, I haven't done it but I would suspect that you could factor the purchase with your bank and they'd underwrite it for next to nothing (a point or two), but it depends on whether you're using a commercial bank or not.

Thats some really good ideas you have there! Bank factoring here is not a point or 2 but its still manageable and for the safety of allowing escrow worth it imo.
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 02:17:14 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 02:32:07 PM by KaydenC

I'm reading about the issues with escrow posted in this thread. Price fluctuations is an issue with large amounts of money that needs to be in escrow for extended periods. Over the next 6 months I'm adding functionality to my escrow Dapp (EscrowMyEther.com) including one that allows it to use the DAI token, a stable ERC20 token pegged to 1 USD.

Any suggestions for the Escrow Dapp, feel free to pm me. So far the platform escrowed for 19+ Eth of transactions.

About GPUs I'm interested. But will need to know

1) Price
2) Shipping cost to Malaysia
3) A pic of the 1070ti. Need to know if it's a mining edition card and its type of cooling. For example if it's a fully fledged retail 1070ti with double fans it will be more appealing.

About the 1 month lead time, are you very sure it will be ready end Feb? Given that China is going on a long chinese new year hoiday soon. My local distributor contacts aren't even accepting pre-orders now, with the last ones with lead time end march but I guess you know someone high up the channel.
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:51:55 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 07:33:42 PM by ark02

I'm reading about the issues with escrow posted in this thread. Price fluctuations is an issue with large amounts of money that needs to be in escrow for extended periods. Over the next 6 months I'm adding functionality to my escrow Dapp (EscrowMyEther.com) including one that allows it to use the DAI token, a stable ERC20 token pegged to 1 USD.

Any suggestions for the Escrow Dapp, feel free to pm me. So far the platform escrowed for 19+ Eth of transactions.

About GPUs I'm interested. But will need to know

1) Price
2) Shipping cost to Malaysia
3) A pic of the 1070ti. Need to know if it's a mining edition card and its type of cooling. For example if it's a fully fledged retail 1070ti with double fans it will be more appealing.

About the 1 month lead time, are you very sure it will be ready end Feb? Given that China is going on a long chinese new year hoiday soon. My local distributor contacts aren't even accepting pre-orders now, with the last ones with lead time end march but I guess you know someone high up the channel.

I'm currently using escrowmyether for a transaction, really well done! Really fun to use smart contracts for this stuff.
The main issue for me is making sure the offer is as safe as possible so we can get the most people involved, so we can hit the numbers.

Meetings all this week with Banks/Underwriters, securing credit for the order to pay the manufacturer will not be an issue. I'm just discussing terms now.

Regarding lead time: you are correct, no production during the lunar new year (and leading up to it). The factory moves very fast once we show proof of funds, they'll likely deliver in around 8 weeks.  

So Far:
1) Price: looking like ~$350. Still working on this
2) Shipping costs: will factor in shortly, we're using UPS/UPS Freight
3) Cards will be fully fledged retail 1070ti, not sure on fans yet, and they will likely be unbranded (direct from NVIDIA)

Looks like we've got healthy interest. Just need to discuss the best options for escrow!
jenia1

Activity: 504
Merit: 267

HashWare - Mining solutions for everyone!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:20:50 AM

Hey. I might also be interested in a decent amount.

Making mining profitable
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ANN  Website  Facebook
                                   █████████
                             ███      ████████   █████
               ▄█████████▄   █          ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████   ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄    ████████
       █████  █████  ██████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████ █████  ████  ████  █████████
█████  █████  █████   █████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
█████  █████  █████   █████  █    ██     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████████████  █████   █████  ██    ███████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████
█████  █████  █████████████  ████    █████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ██████████  █████████▀  ████
█████  █████  █████████████  ██████    ███████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████    ████
█████  █████  █████   █████       ███   ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████ ▀███▄  ████
       █████  █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
              █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  █████████
                      █████  █          ██████   █████   ▀█████  █████▀   ████  ████  ████  ████   ████████
                             ███       ███████   █████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Mining Farm planning & advising
Equipment supply & transportation
Linking investors & ideas

ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:47:49 AM

What quantity are you looking for?
jenia1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:50:28 AM

What quantity are you looking for?

not sure currently but maybe in the hundreds or more. but it is unconfirmed yet

Making mining profitable
                                   █████████
               ▄█████████▄   █          ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████   ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄    ████████
       █████  █████  ██████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████ █████  ████  ████  █████████
█████  █████  █████   █████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
█████  █████  █████   █████  █    ██     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████████████  █████   █████  ██    ███████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████
█████  █████  █████████████  ████    █████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ██████████  █████████▀  ████
█████  █████  █████████████  ██████    ███████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████    ████
█████  █████  █████   █████       ███   ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████ ▀███▄  ████
       █████  █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
              █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  █████████
                      █████  █          ██████   █████   ▀█████  █████▀   ████  ████  ████  ████   ████████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

MarkAz

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:03:55 AM

So Far:
1) Price: looking like ~$350, maybe 300 (or lower). Still working on this
3) Cards will be fully fledged retail 1070ti, not sure on fans yet, and they will likely be unbranded (direct from NVIDIA)

Looks like we've got healthy interest. Just need to discuss the best options for escrow!

Don't forget about import duties and brokerage fees - and you're going to pay a premium for UPS freight (but they act as the broker), you'll do much better working with a shipping company directly.

Escrow for me would need to be either escrow.com or potentially something BTC-based, we don't hold much money in any other cryptos and with the new changes on tax laws, I don't want to take the extra hit on the exchange to ETH to use some other service.
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:07:19 AM

So Far:

Don't forget about import duties and brokerage fees - and you're going to pay a premium for UPS freight (but they act as the broker), you'll do much better working with a shipping company directly.

Escrow for me would need to be either escrow.com or potentially something BTC-based, we don't hold much money in any other cryptos and with the new changes on tax laws, I don't want to take the extra hit on the exchange to ETH to use some other service.

Thanks for all the tips so far.

We've been using UPS for around a year now, and we've negotiated favorable rates. Any other shipping companies you're thinking about?

What kind of quantity are you interested in?
jenia1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:24:30 AM

So Far:

We've been using UPS for around a year now, and we've negotiated favorable rates. Any other shipping companies you're thinking about?

I'm working with a shipping company directly thus I'm 100% sure they can give better rates than ups/ dhl  and such

Making mining profitable
                                   █████████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Rapidgator

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:21:23 PM

I am in for 100 GPUs, shipped to Dubai or Hong Kong
but all depends on 1070ti model
Mariowot

Activity: 639
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:32:27 PM

i might be interested in ~100 gpus depends on final price and model

shipped to EU
MarkAz

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:03:50 PM

I posted that before - depending on which card and price and timing, between 250-1000 GPU's.  If you're at the $300 or lower on 1070 TI's, then we're probably in for at least 500, but more than likely 1000.

As far as shippers go, UPS is consistent but expensive, all the others are so inconsistent there's no point in finding a favorite.  Normally I just have the manufacturer solicit quotes from the vendors they normally deal with - but I've found that if you DIY it (use an independent shipper, hire a broker, etc), you can save typically 25-50% off of UPS's prices.  So if it's only a couple grand, it may not be worth it...  Also if you have flexibility on delivery times, sometimes you can get good air freight deals, especially on pallet sized shipments, but I don't know if the weight would be an issue as GPU's are fairly dense.
sjenja

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:31:12 PM

i might be interested in ~50 gpus depends on final price and model

shipped to EU
SergejDoe

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:57:36 PM

Interested in 100 1070 TI, delivery to Switzerland.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: