Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:50:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *Failed*[Group Buy] 1070ti BULK BUY straight to OEM  (Read 4163 times)
ark02 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:03:16 PM

I'm watching this thread from couple of weeks and but seems you guys didn't managed to get anything yet except assumptions.
Can you guys tell me how and when this GB going to happen, what is lead time kindly PM me with more detail, I might be interested in 100+ GPUs if this is legit.

Thanks

Happy to discuss details here or on the public telegram channel, as I'm sure others will have similar questions as well. There are no assumptions, just a very clear goal and actionable steps to get there without risking any buyer money.

--

We had a very productive dinner last night and meetings today in NYC. We're still waiting to hear back from the factory about engaging with us, we went forward with what we had but we're still short 40M. In the meantime, Evan and I have been on calls answering questions for those interested in orders in the 5-25M range.

Some new updates:
  • So.... we can't be publicly talking about pricing like this. I don't foresee it being a problem unless this thread really blows up, right now it's just a subset of us smaller guys pooling our cash to put in an order with the 10M+ guys.
  • We now have a public company telegram: t.me/revoluxio  -  I think this will help with getting people's questions answered in a timely manner in case I'm not available, etc.
  • There is also the @HardwareMarketplace telegram, which is not moderated by us, but I am active on there

Best,
Amir
Crypto S
Copper Member

Activity: 243
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:15:18 AM

Hello , i have a question regarding Revolux Sponsor. I Would like to order 6 , do i have to pay upfront or just PoF now and wait for an announcement. I dont have any objection with paying now , just asking for clarification. Thanks in advance!
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:28:24 AM

Hello , i have a question regarding Revolux Sponsor. I Would like to order 6 , do i have to pay upfront or just PoF now and wait for an announcement. I dont have any objection with paying now , just asking for clarification. Thanks in advance!

If your only ordering 6 you need to go through a sponsor (someone who will be purchasing a large order)
Crypto S
Copper Member

Activity: 243
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:36:57 AM

Yeah, i know, that is why i am asking about the revolux sponsor in particular which is OP's site as he states in 1st post.My question was whether i have to send money now to the sponsor or PoF although i think i have to send the money upfront as said in 1st post as well. Am i  getting this right ?
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:02:58 AM

Yeah, i know, that is why i am asking about the revolux sponsor in particular which is OP's site as he states in 1st post.My question was whether i have to send money now to the sponsor or PoF although i think i have to send the money upfront as said in 1st post as well. Am i  getting this right ?

The details for this group buy have not been decided it's still early stages. It would be very unwise to send money to anyone at all for this group buy yet until those details are finalised.

Pick a sponsor, let them know how many you want and then they will let you know when to make payment (I highly suggest using escrow unless your sponsor is well trusted)
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:55:44 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 02:54:00 PM by ark02

Yeah, i know, that is why i am asking about the revolux sponsor in particular which is OP's site as he states in 1st post.My question was whether i have to send money now to the sponsor or PoF although i think i have to send the money upfront as said in 1st post as well. Am i  getting this right ?

The details for this group buy have not been decided it's still early stages. It would be very unwise to send money to anyone at all for this group buy yet until those details are finalized.

Pick a sponsor, let them know how many you want and then they will let you know when to make payment (I highly suggest using escrow unless your sponsor is well trusted)

100%
Thank you for clarifying this.

The point of this thread is for everyone to state their interest, to discuss who to pick/ask for sponsorship, etc.

We would also like sponsors to come forth and announce their terms & conditions. More details in op.

Before you pick your sponsor, please have a lively discussion, ask questions, do your research, and don't send your money to anyone you don't trust, or anyone you haven't discussed terms & conditions with.

Trust chain:
The entire point of this bulk buy is that nobody's money should ever be risked until we've got trusted verifiable proof that the cards are real, in our hands, and pass our inspections. At the very top of the chain, we have bulk buyers and sponsors who are either doing escrow or standby letter of credit. Their money is never at risk until cards are in their hands.
Think: Trustless top, sponsor of the "trust chain". All that is required to establish a "source" of trustlessness is Proof of Funds.

Then, you have people who are being sponsored by someone. They are the links of the trust chain. These people are at risk because if they send their money to a "sponsor" today, they are trusting that the sponsor will:
  • 1) be capable and competent enough to ship cards in a timely manner
  • 2) In the event the buy does not happen, be able to give you a timely refund

The way you go about securing these things depends on the terms of your sponsor. Do you trust them? Have they been vetted by trusted forum members? Do you know them personally? Local pickup? Escrow? Standby letter of credit? Etc etc.
Like Kapz said:
Escrow is highly suggested unless your sponsor is well trusted

Do your research. Have a discussion here, and on telegram.

Hope this clears some confusion. Mod and trusted member help is really appreciated here.

Best,
Amir

EDIT: I'm in London Feb 9-10. Anyone want to meet up?
sAj1420

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:44:49 PM

Yeah, i know, that is why i am asking about the revolux sponsor in particular which is OP's site as he states in 1st post.My question was whether i have to send money now to the sponsor or PoF although i think i have to send the money upfront as said in 1st post as well. Am i  getting this right ?

The details for this group buy have not been decided it's still early stages. It would be very unwise to send money to anyone at all for this group buy yet until those details are finalized.

100%

The point of this thread is for everyone to state their interest, to discuss who to pick/ask for sponsorship, etc.

We would also like sponsors to come forth and announce their terms & conditions. More details in op.

Before you pick your sponsor, please have a lively discussion, ask questions, do your research, and don't send your money to anyone you don't trust, or anyone you haven't discussed terms & conditions with.

Trust chain:
The entire point of this bulk buy is that nobody's money should ever be risked until we've got trusted verifiable proof that the cards are real, in our hands, and pass our inspections. At the very top of the chain, we have bulk buyers and sponsors who are either doing escrow or standby letter of credit. Their money is never at risk until cards are in their hands.
Think: Trustless top, sponsor of the "trust chain". All that is required to establish a "source" of trustlessness is Proof of Funds.

Then, you have people who are being sponsored by someone. They are the links of the trust chain. These people are at risk because if they send their money to a "sponsor" today, they are trusting that the sponsor will:

The way you go about securing these things depends on the terms of your sponsor. Do you trust them? Have they been vetted by trusted forum members? Do you know them personally? Local pickup? Escrow? Standby letter of credit? Etc etc.
Like Kapz said:

Hope this clears some confusion. Mod and trusted member help is really appreciated here.

Best,
Amir

Anyone needing a sponsor can contact me, I’m already sponsoring quite a few people, and won’t be taking any funds until the cards are sitting at the port. I have met in person with Amir & Evan, and have talked on the phone with many people in this thread. I’m in MA and I’m willing to meet up with anyone that is interested. Contact details have been posted a few times!
BenCodie
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1036

6.25 ---> 3.125

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:52:55 PM

100%

Trust chain:

Like Kapz said:

Best,
Amir

Can you PM me your contact number and email

Thanks
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:30:18 PM

This is all interesting, put the past several pages have left me with more questions than anything.. could easily buy 100 units..

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
anatolikostis
Legendary

Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:42:02 PM

any photos? basically, is this item with blower fan (ref. design from NV) or not?
syrius

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:14:17 PM

Is there an end date before we can order or this offer is good until April?

Thanks.
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:24:48 PM

Can take 100 1070 Ti, shipping to India. But first require more details. There is many things missing.

cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:05:03 AM

I'm looking at 24 to 32 units.

Who can sponsor me for those numbers?
MyOldUserNameDiedIn2015

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:59:25 PM

I'd like to purchase 50 units.  Can I get a sponsor.  Thx.
evanrva

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:56:17 PM

Hello,

Myself and my partner are looking for a sponsor for 100 units.

We live in the Southern Ca area and would prefer to do business in person but it is not mandatory.

Method of payment is credit card with plenty of available credit.

Please reach out to me through PM or telegram.

Thanks!
Ziazmere

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:32:47 PM

I would like at least 10 - 15 units, Transaction through Paypal or CC. I have looked at the sponsors from the OP, and http://link.revolux.io/1070ti might work for myself. I just need more info:

Are these single fan cards?
Has the memory been determined: Samsung or Hynix or some other brand?
If the GPUs are "Estimated ship dates for our units is April 15-30", per http://link.revolux.io/1070ti. Then what is the expected turn around time from sponsor to purchaser (+ shipping provider used + shipping cost).

It's been 7 days since the last major update.
There is still no email setup for this GB.

I like the Idea of this GB, but more info is need from the OP.

Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:33:16 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 05:20:04 PM by Oakey22

Is this only a US deal? I am looking around around 300 cards if you can ship international.
lap88

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:00:22 AM

What is the status of this? Not much updates in a week or so. I can do 1k pcs btw.
minebomb

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:42:11 PM

I am interested for 20 units
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:03:16 PM

Hello Everyone:

Here is the long overdue update. We've moved beat by beat discussion to our telegram group:
https://t.me/revoluxio
Please join the discussion there, and on @HardwareMarket

Telegram update:

We've talked with many of you face-to-face over the last two weeks and took hundreds of calls. Our numbers are strong, and we are incredibly excited—we have the experience, advisors, and contacts to bring Revolux to unparalleled success.

Our first step was to gather enough proof of funds to approach the factory, which has been done. We are proud of our founders and advisors that have brought together countless different entrepreneurs and connections all together to make this happen.

The next step was compliance. We have to make sure we're 100% buttoned up, legally—Revolux plays by the book. This involves talking to the factories and understanding the terms and listening to what they wanted in a deal. Once we understood their requirements, we drafted it up into NDA, and we just executed that last week. Our lawyers and legal contracts are ensuring we and our investors are fully protected. 

Last Friday, 2/16, was the first hard contact with the factory. So far it has been lots of soft contact, but now we are awaiting pricing, lead times, and which product we're getting. We are aware of the new, upcoming NVIDIA architecture—more details to come as we are able to discuss it.   

Our Taiwanese contacts just got back to work yesterday, and our Chinese contacts get back from their new year next week. We don’t anticipate hearing back from the factories this week.   

Expect additional updates at the beginning of March.

If we haven't had a chance to speak with you, please send us a PM, or schedule a time to have a phone call here;
http://vyte.in/amir

We'll be updating the OP shortly. Related: does anyone know any cool podcasts that could help get the word out?

Best,
Amir
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: