Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:07:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018!  (Read 16823 times)
Metroid (OP)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:40:15 AM

Funny resellers were selling a rx 580 for $300 then more than usual interest --> $500 then too much interest --> $800, soon will be $1200 for a rx 580 and people paying that think they will be rich, they don't even calculate anything and whoever is saying gpu mining will not die in 2018 needs to check up their sanity cause people buying a rx 580 for $1200 is digging their own grave and those people will want to take all the stupid people with them hehe

whattomine last calculation eth roi is 450 days by the ongoing price of rx 580 at $800.

I wonder who will kill gpu mining first, people paying $1000 for a rx 580 or ASIC manufactures.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chupu69

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:19:43 PM

I think GPU mining will not be easy to die, because there will be another new coin coin.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:36:35 PM

Funny resellers were selling a rx 580 for $300 then more than usual interest --> $500 then too much interest --> $800, soon will be $1200 for a rx 580 and people paying that think they will be rich, they don't even calculate anything and whoever is saying gpu mining will not die in 2018 needs to check up their sanity cause people buying a rx 580 for $1200 is digging their own grave and those people will want to take all the stupid people with them hehe

whattomine last calculation eth roi is 450 days by the ongoing price of rx 580 at $800.

I wonder who will kill gpu mining first, people paying $1000 for a rx 580 or ASIC manufactures.

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?  $1200 for a 580, $1000 for a 580 ... You're all over the place man.  Take your meds please!  I just did a quick scan of Amazon and I found a lot of 580's ... Not a single one was anywhere close to 1K.  I'm not saying they aren't over priced, but you exaggerate things to the extreme. Lol.

Nothing will stay one way forever.  Just as BTC can't go up and up and up and never come down, the same applies to gpu prices.  Regardless ... People can do whatever they want.  If they made uninformed decisions, they deserve to suffer the consequences.

P.S. ... ETH is way down on the list of coins I would mine with an AMD gpu.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Miner_GR

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:15:23 PM

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?  $1200 for a 580, $1000 for a 580 ... You're all over the place man.  Take your meds please!  I just did a quick scan of Amazon and I found a lot of 580's ... Not a single one was anywhere close to 1K.  I'm not saying they aren't over priced, but you exaggerate things to the extreme. Lol.

Nothing will stay one way forever.  Just as BTC can't go up and up and up and never come down, the same applies to gpu prices.  Regardless ... People can do whatever they want.  If they made uninformed decisions, they deserve to suffer the consequences.

How can ETH be was down the list when whattomine brings it first for AMD 570/580? Couls you give some example of better choices?
fluxy12

Activity: 145
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:21:26 PM

How can ETH be was down the list when whattomine brings it first for AMD 570/580? Couls you give some example of better choices?

This, i'm curious too. Do you mean it's better to mine, for exemple, Musicoin, hopping it will increase some day soon ? (what i think).
cornfather

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:30:13 PM

Oh summer child...by the time it hits whattomine, largest profit window has already long been closed. Do your research, if everything were handed on a platter to everyone, then how would the rest of us that are willing to work for our earnings profit?
gotminer

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:11:16 PM

My AMD rig is a Vega 56 rig, so I don't mine ETH with it.  I don't have 570/580's.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:32:08 PM

Well the best thing people can do is not invest in asic coins, siacoin has been crashing since asics hit the network, that is a good thing cause it can discourage the creation of asics for other coins. Dash has not seen an increase on its price for a while and will likely stay stagnant for the whole 2018.

Jerusareth

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:50:36 PM

For as long as there is a network that is using Proof of Work then Mining will live, simple as that. You are saying it like you know what will happen in the future though but sorry you are wrong. Hate Chinese miners all you want but that's their decision to mine those coins and you can be a miner too because all of us are capable in doing that, Mining is dead everyday!
Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:45:16 AM

ETH network difficult in 100% greater than was 3 weeks ago, meaning that if eth price does not increase then the "GPU mining will die in 2018!" will really start to become real and I can see many trolls regretting to be mining ehhe, soon if this trend keeps up we will see millions of gpu's piling up in the ebay by people trying to sell to other idiots their overpriced gpu's hehe

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:05:20 AM

Actually as usual with all of your glib statements, they are factually incrorrect and outlandish. The Etherum difficulty increase since the beginning of the year is closer to 20% and still is a long way from the peak of difficulty reached during the ice age when ETH was sub $300 for most of that period.

https://etherscan.io/chart/difficulty

If you want to hear what someone with more experiece and preparation thinks about the outlook for GPU mining in 2018, including Etherum mining, BBT had an excelent dissertation this evening. Very informative and highly worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y53rpCyeeRc&feature=youtu.be&t=1330
Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:08:56 AM

ETH network right now is at 2.6, 3 weeks ago was 1.5, now which "glib statement" I said? Forget the price cause I did not say anything about price, I said about network difficulty.

It looks like you are the one with "glib statements" to me.

gotminer

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:42:09 AM

Why are we even talking about ETH?  You said GPU mining will die in 2018.  GPU mining as a whole isn't dependent on ETH being minable via GPU.  I mean seriously ... Even if ETH difficulity shoots through the roof or if they make a 100% transformation to POS.  Who gives a flying fuck?  You think you see a bigger picture, but you are not even aware of all of the variables.  For a minute there, you were sounding half way sane and now you're just back to your old self again.  You don't make much sense in what you spout out, because your broad statements are not backed by any real legitimacy.

If you want to say mining ETH via gpu is going to die in 2018, I would say you might have an arguement there, but your statements are so weird and broad without backing that no one around here will ever respect your opinions.  Just so you know.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:08:36 AM

I think what this thread needs is a type of bet.

Metroid says GPU mining will die in 2018....

So if GPU mining dies in 2018... Metroid wins for example 1BTC.

If it doesn't die in 2018 ... Metroid loses for example 1 BTC

Maybe Bitfinex could start a type of split coin market for this.

Miners could hedge their equipment with this market.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:22:43 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 04:35:44 AM by ruthbabe

ETH network difficult in 100% greater than was 3 weeks ago, meaning that if eth price does not increase then the "GPU mining will die in 2018!" will really start to become real and I can see many trolls regretting to be mining ehhe, soon if this trend keeps up we will see millions of gpu's piling up in the ebay by people trying to sell to other idiots their overpriced gpu's hehe

ETH network right now is at 2.6, 3 weeks ago was 1.5, now which "glib statement" I said? Forget the price cause I did not say anything about price, I said about network difficulty.

It looks like you are the one with "glib statements" to me.

Hey, please stay on the subject, Re: GPU mining will die in 2018! Let's not talk about ETH network.

GPU mining only dies this year, if there are no graphics cards available to be bought anywhere. Are you aware of this news, Nvidia Tries to Limit GPU Sales to Cryptocurrency Miners?

If that happens, because of the limited supply of graphics cards price soars high and only few can afford to buy it, and therefore there's gigantic impact on GPU mining but it will not die. Unless as I've said above, "if there are no graphics cards available to be bought anywhere".

Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:35:48 AM

This is becoming stupid anyway you look at or into, something will happen this year, nvidia or amd could kill gpu mining if they want, asics manufactures can kill gpu mining anytime. People could kill gpu mining with stupidity, there are many ways gpu mining can be killed this year. Trust me I'm worried and you should do.

gotminer

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:58:29 AM
Merited by leonix007 (1), jmigdlc99 (1)

This is becoming stupid anyway you look at or into, something will happen this year, nvidia or amd could kill gpu mining if they want, asics manufactures can kill gpu mining anytime. People could kill gpu mining with stupidity, there are many ways gpu mining can be killed this year. Trust me I'm worried and you should do.

Ok, dad.  Good talk.  Yeah this thread is becoming stupid, because you keep posting non-sense without anything to back it up.  And then you start spinning your wheels again.  And then you cry and say something else that doesn't make sense.

I'll begin worrying when there is a legit reason to worry about my own mining farm and right now, there is no reason.  I don't give a fuck what an idiot who buys a overpriced gpu is doing.  That's his bad judgement and lose in the end, if it doesn't work out. 

Yep Nvidia and AMD could kill mining this year ... If they both go out of business.  Do you think they will just shut their doors, because they have an opinion on a specific large group of people who are buying their products?  NOPE!  Shareholders won't allow that.  Do you think the board of directors at Nvidia gives a fuck where the money is coming from?  They don't.  They care that it is flowing in and that is their only concern.  Do you know anything about how big business works?  NOPE ... You don't.  It's just you and your thoughts in your padded room with your tin foil hat spewing little bits of garbage that most people will never see. 

I honestly do feel sorry for you.  Your life must be total shit.  But you shouldn't give up.  Keep on fighting the good fight.  I've had family members go through the same sort of medial conditions that you are probably going through.  If you are strong enough, you won't hurt yourself.  Remember ... There is help out there.  You are not alone, Metroid.  In case you need it, here's the number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline in the United States ... 1-800-273-8255.  If you are outside of the USA, all you have to do is google it.  We care about you, buddy.

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:02:18 AM

I think what this thread needs is a type of bet.

Metroid says GPU mining will die in 2018....

So if GPU mining dies in 2018... Metroid wins for example 1BTC.

If it doesn't die in 2018 ... Metroid loses for example 1 BTC

Maybe Bitfinex could start a type of split coin market for this.

Miners could hedge their equipment with this market.
lol do it put ur $$ where u mouth is
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:40:46 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 08:19:28 AM by notbatman

Ok, dad.  Good talk.  Yeah this thread is becoming stupid, because you keep posting non-sense without anything to back it up.  And then you start spinning your wheels again.  And then you cry and say something else that doesn't make sense.

I'll begin worrying when there is a legit reason to worry about my own mining farm and right now, there is no reason.  I don't give a fuck what an idiot who buys a overpriced gpu is doing.  That's his bad judgement and lose in the end, if it doesn't work out.  

Yep Nvidia and AMD could kill mining this year ... If they both go out of business.  Do you think they will just shut their doors, because they have an opinion on a specific large group of people who are buying their products?  NOPE!  Shareholders won't allow that.  Do you think the board of directors at Nvidia gives a fuck where the money is coming from?  They don't.  They care that it is flowing in and that is their only concern.  Do you know anything about how big business works?  NOPE ... You don't.  It's just you and your thoughts in your padded room with your tin foil hat spewing little bits of garbage that most people will never see.  

I honestly do feel sorry for you.  Your life must be total shit.  But you shouldn't give up.  Keep on fighting the good fight.  I've had family members go through the same sort of medial conditions that you are probably going through.  If you are strong enough, you won't hurt yourself.  Remember ... There is help out there.  You are not alone, Metroid.  In case you need it, here's the number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline in the United States ... 1-800-273-8255.  If you are outside of the USA, all you have to do is google it.  We care about you, buddy.

You're more full of it than the OP, Nvidia just contacted every store on the planet and told them not to sell GPUs to miners. So yes nvidia does care where the money comes from. With Jews you always lose.
bladespinner

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:46:43 AM

I see day by day, ASICS of many coins are launching, individually or multiple. Chinese companies are trying to kill the GPU mining market once again cause they are greedy, just like they did to Bitcoin and Litecoin. GPU Mining died in 2013 and was resurrected in 2015 with the Cryptocoins Generation 2.0, although many of you miners just started mining on 2016 due to huge pumps on those 2.0 cryptocoins.

Realistically speaking, GPU mining won't be dead any time soon.  Just because ASICs are available doesn't mean there are enough of them to power all blockchains.  Running an ASIC at home is much more difficult and riskier than running a GPU rig.  It's much simpler to get a GPU than an ASIC. etc..    Also don't forget that new GPUs are coming out every year.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: