Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:53:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018!  (Read 16824 times)
2alt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:16:21 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 12:40:59 AM by 2alt

Of course, because every alt is based off BTC price. If BTC goes to $0 so does every single coin. Until the system changes that is how it will be.

You wrong about that, eth will take the lead in 1 to 3 years, i do not think is time for that yet, but it will be a time where eth will be top cause is a much more complete digitalcoin than anything in the market right now.

If you think that, you have no clue.

Coins are measured against sats. End of story. The system has to change.

If you are confused, check this out..

https://twitter.com/cryptomanran/status/937298106894438400

If BTC goes to $0, so does it all. I can point out plenty of coins that are technically worth more USD today, but selling for less sats than they were sunday. How did they raise in price? It is because EVERY coin is valued against BTC. Doesn't mean you shouldn't buy alts, but it does mean you have to learn how the system works. Check the bull run on Sunday. Then check the eth correction. You really think people bought that much btc and eth at the exact same time? No. Its because ETH is measured against sats. ETH actually hasn't gone up at all sunday. Just selling for just a few sats more is all. EDIT - ETH HAS GONE DOWN SINCE SUNDAY. It is currently trading at -3.5% against BTC over a 24 hour period.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/

Look at the 1day, you will see ETH is falling. Ignore USD its not relevant, look at the BTC patt. ETH has become a weak coin lately. It fell sub 500 this crash. It is a dump and pump coin. I know 2 groups that have buy signals on ETH, yet nobody is buying. The only, and I mean only reason ETH hit $1400 is because it was pumped by several groups after BTC topped out end of 2017. You will not see ETH close $1000 for sometime. BTC would have to be in the 15k range for that to happen.  

This may change some day, where coins are measured against USD not BTC, but for now any coin is based off how much BTC is worth. ETH could become worth more than BTC (not in this lifetime, I promise), but it would still be worth based on what BTC is worth.

Its kinda like, if the american dollar died, how much would your stocks be? Same here, if BTC died how much would your alts be? You can think of BTC as the equivalent of the USD when trading into alts. That is what you are trading against.

For some reason so many people do not understand that concept. Even "cryptoman" on twitter bought alts for 5 BTC and sold them for 3.1 BTC. And then asked if he gain or lost. Well...um you paid 5 BTC and got back 3.1...you lost pretty bad..
Metroid (OP)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:51:38 AM

If you think that, you have no clue.

I have been since the very beginning end of 2008 and that time i mined bitcoin with nehalen i7 920 socket 1366, was amazing cause it was the first native quadcore with 8 threads, and yeah I have no clue what the hell i'm talking about it. Go look in the source code at how bitcoin was in the end of 2008 and now and look how eth was in 2015 and look now. I'm giving you hints, now is up to you to do your homework.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
2alt

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:17:35 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 06:31:09 AM by 2alt
Merited by mindrust (2)

Your reply has NOTHING to do with the argument.

I am simply saying that any coin, including ETH is dependent on BTC. But you have a another argument and I will feed you...

As far as the coin they are COMPLETELY different coins. ETH is a platform designed for fast transactions, and a blockchain to ride on for other projects. BTC is a rare commodity / digital currency to hold. In the end there will be no comparison in price (as there is not currently) as ETH is not designed to be valuable or to give anyone wealth. They are shitting out as many BTC there will be total, per YEAR. They started with 3x the cap of BTC. How can you ever thing it would be worth more than BTC?

That last BTC coin will be mined long after we are dead, and our grandkids are grandparents themselves. But...watch a few more years. BTC will be disgustingly high. More and more people will want it like a chuck of gold. And that is what it will become. ETH will be like the penny lol. BTC will be the 10 million dollar bill that never existed.

With that said, I still own ETH. It still has much value to gain. But there are just too many for it to even be worth 1-2% of BTC shortly. Right now 1 ETH is worth around 6% of a BTC. We will see how that number looks in a few months. All coins will gain, but ETH over BTC? Come on man.
Metroid (OP)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:54:08 AM

I am simply saying that any coin, including ETH is dependent on BTC. But you have a another argument and I will feed you...

My reply had everything to do with the argument as I implied btc at moment still leading the market but not for long as I pointed code wise btc has not made any advances since 2008 whereas eth have since its release which was  about 3 years ago, yes eth still behind btc cause it started recently the mass adoption of the services within the network.

I will quote this ""What you're seeing with ethereum is exponential increase in the number of projects — there are billions of dollars being poured into the ecosystem right now — maybe 10 times more projects this year than last year, which could easily lead to a doubling, probably a tripling in price by the end of the year,".

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/08/ethereums-co-creator-predicts-a-flippening-with-bitcoin-in-2018.html

You people have no idea what is going on behind the curtains so you should watch yourselves carefully. Bitcoin is old, decrypt and the only good thing it has is its name.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:42:29 AM

Mining and Blockchain is a soulmate.
Please dont kill them.

GPU-Mining will be killed after some ASIC is launched. Bitmain and other ASIC company already launch ASIC for theyself, example Cryptonight (on sale) or Ethash (hidden mining)
ManicMiner23

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:59:20 AM

My reply had everything to do with the argument as I implied btc at moment still leading the market but not for long as I pointed code wise btc has not made any advances since 2008 whereas eth have since its release which was  about 3 years ago, yes eth still behind btc cause it started recently the mass adoption of the services within the network.

I will quote this ""What you're seeing with ethereum is exponential increase in the number of projects — there are billions of dollars being poured into the ecosystem right now — maybe 10 times more projects this year than last year, which could easily lead to a doubling, probably a tripling in price by the end of the year,".

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/01/08/ethereums-co-creator-predicts-a-flippening-with-bitcoin-in-2018.html

You people have no idea what is going on behind the curtains so you should watch yourselves carefully. Bitcoin is old, decrypt and the only good thing it has is its name.

Hello Metroid, I agree with you that there are an increasing number of projects based on eth, and also the plans to develop the eth network to be capable of process 1million transactions per second makes eth project and the ecosystem very interesting, and a project with a bright future.

This fact could lead to an increas in the value of eth, if the supply of eth won`t be increasing, but seems that the mining power is growing day after day and with the new nvidia generation and the x-file supposed "secret asic miners" this could means that the increased demand for eth is covered with all the growing mining power added to the eth network, if just a theory, I have not the numbers, but we need to take in account this factor also when making predicitions about future eth value.

I wan`t to say that I'm also investing in eth, but I'm trying to figure out why eth is underperforming in 2018 compared to other altcoins or compared to btc.

baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:23:24 AM

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/01/08/ethereums-co-creator-predicts-a-flippening-with-bitcoin-in-2018.html

Hello Metroid, I agree with you that there are an increasing number of projects based on eth, and also the plans to develop the eth network to be capable of process 1million transactions per second makes eth project and the ecosystem very interesting, and a project with a bright future.

This fact could lead to an increas in the value of eth, if the supply of eth won`t be increasing, but seems that the mining power is growing day after day and with the new nvidia generation and the x-file supposed "secret asic miners" this could means that the increased demand for eth is covered with all the growing mining power added to the eth network, if just a theory, I have not the numbers, but we need to take in account this factor also when making predicitions about future eth value.

I wan`t to say that I'm also investing in eth, but I'm trying to figure out why eth is underperforming in 2018 compared to other altcoins or compared to btc.

It's underperforming, because BTC is and will always be the Big brother in this race. Everything is still compared to BTC..

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
ManicMiner23

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:46:57 PM

It's underperforming, because BTC is and will always be the Big brother in this race. Everything is still compared to BTC..

But eth is underperforming not just against BTC, is against some other altcoins, ETC, Ripple, for example. as you can see:

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=ETH-XRP

LZBN

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:21:21 PM

GPU mining consumes too much power.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:34:28 PM

GPU mining consumes too much power.

That is a very simple minded statement.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Walter789

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:36:39 PM

I see day by day, ASICS of many coins are launching, individually or multiple. Chinese companies are trying to kill the GPU mining market once again cause they are greedy, just like they did to Bitcoin and Litecoin. GPU Mining died in 2013 and was resurrected in 2015 with the Cryptocoins Generation 2.0, although many of you miners just started mining on 2016 due to huge pumps on those 2.0 cryptocoins.

As Cryptocoins got more popular than in 2011 - 2013. The new generation of Cryptocoins 2015 and afterwards are endangered by ASICS once again, and 2018 looks to be the year of per the title "GPU mining will die in 2018!".

Keep in mind that there are possible ASICS for ethash already for Q1, and even if ETH goes POS, ETC and other ethash coins will be only ASICS and if that happens only Equihash coins will be minable for a time and I have a word that there is already an ASIC in development for Equihash already and will start delivering in Q4 2018. As GPU mining keep gets scarce, other popular coins will have pumps and so ASICS will be born for them.

I want to know your thoughts about it and I wonder the limits of --> "where, there is money to be made, there is greedy"

Keep in mind that this price crashing we are seeing is due also to the fear of ASICS for most GPU mining coins.

I hope this things shall not be happen because I did not try this I want to experience mining someday.
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:09:43 PM

For me gpu mining is still advisable to use than asic miners.

Asic miners can only mine certain coins and once that coin go down asic miners can't change coins. Example situation is the antminer D3 that mine dash coins. When the asic was release the monthly profit was negative because of the electricity cost. So I had to stock my antminer and to wait for some news that d3 miner or dash coin will skyrocket and then I can profit from the 100k php I invested.
2alt

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:50:30 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

New generation cards or mining gear would have nothing to do with the supply. The block time always stays constant. The difficulty will just increase as it has been. If 95% of the mining community decides to stop tomorrow, the difficulty will just lower drastically so the remaining 5% of miners can maintain the 15 second block time. So I wouldn't worry about new technology affecting coin supply.

ETH has too high of a supply. A block reward is given every 15 seconds. Since January around 4 million coins have been added to the ETH supply. And it is going to keep going. The sell walls are thick, and are getting thicker by the day. Unlikely to see a massive increase in price. There is no ETH limit at this time as far as I know. So simple supply and demand will drop the price more and more. We will see when POS happens what will happen to ETH and the price.

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:05:19 PM

New generation cards or mining gear would have nothing to do with the supply. The block time always stays constant. The difficulty will just increase as it has been. If 95% of the mining community decides to stop tomorrow, the difficulty will just lower drastically so the remaining 5% of miners can maintain the 15 second block time. So I wouldn't worry about new technology affecting coin supply.

ETH has too high of a supply. A block reward is given every 15 seconds. Since January around 4 million coins have been added to the ETH supply. And it is going to keep going. The sell walls are thick, and are getting thicker by the day. Unlikely to see a massive increase in price. There is no ETH limit at this time as far as I know. So simple supply and demand will drop the price more and more. We will see when POS happens what will happen to ETH and the price.

alot of wrong assumptions here, they eth supply is high because eth will be consumed
in large amounts at some point when dapps like Augur ,golem etc are live, Eth needs a higher supply than a static coin like bitcoin or lightcoin becuase people will have to give up eth to run most of these apps.  Eth gas price is low as hell right now but once gas prices go up , they will need that hefty supply to handle the apps .  Look at ada it has a supply in the billiona and its doing just fine.

the problem with eth right now is there are no dapps worth mentioning so we have a rising supply and nothing to spend ot on
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:26:22 PM

Yep im fed up with mining,  Gonna stick with trading and improve those skills instead, there's no real money to be made in mining other than to get ur roi back which makes you repeat that endless loop of buying new equipment just to ROI it and make very little.
Miningtry

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:39:34 PM

Yep im fed up with mining,  Gonna stick with trading and improve those skills instead, there's no real money to be made in mining other than to get ur roi back which makes you repeat that endless loop of buying new equipment just to ROI it and make very little.

Endless loop... you are right about that.
2alt

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:03:06 PM

alot of wrong assumptions here, they eth supply is high because eth will be consumed
in large amounts at some point when dapps like Augur ,golem etc are live, Eth needs a higher supply than a static coin like bitcoin or lightcoin becuase people will have to give up eth to run most of these apps.  Eth gas price is low as hell right now but once gas prices go up , they will need that hefty supply to handle the apps .  Look at ada it has a supply in the billiona and its doing just fine.

the problem with eth right now is there are no dapps worth mentioning so we have a rising supply and nothing to spend ot on

That makes perfect sense.
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:14:56 PM

All you soy boy gonadal atrophic beta males don't have the cajones required for mining. Get off the network, unplug your single 1050ti, and I'll eat up your difficulty drop.
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1311

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 12:11:43 AM

I sold 10% of my "farm" to make some cash and be ready to buy new cards or even used cards if something crash and prices crashes too

Exciting times

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:11:44 AM

Keep in mind that there are possible ASICS for ethash already for Q1, and even if ETH goes POS, ETC and other ethash coins will be only ASICS and if that happens only Equihash coins will be minable for a time and I have a word that there is already an ASIC in development for Equihash already and will start delivering in Q4 2018. As GPU mining keep gets scarce, other popular coins will have pumps and so ASICS will be born for them.

anyone whom believes there are or will be asic's for Ethash is a dumb fool, there will NEVER be asics for that algo or any other asic resistant algo. there called that for a reason, so if you caught word of there being such devices why don't you share the source otherwise you are just blowing smoke up everyones ass. SHOW US THE PROOF that there is going to be an asic for equihash and or ethash

Yes, there's no ASIC for ethash and equihash... it's purely rumored, the purpose of it may be to create FUD among GPU miners. Contrary to OP's subject, Re: GPU mining will die in 2018!, I'm 1M% certain it will never die this 2018 and beyond. I think OP is referring to this thread in which he's 3 comments/posts.

Also, it's good to note that Nvidia is going to release New Card Good for Mining Ethash Coins, so if it's true (and not just pure FUD) that GPU mining will die in 2018, then Nvidia will never launch and/or manufacture dedicated mining graphics cards as these would be useless.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: