Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:55:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018!  (Read 16824 times)
dimpsk

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:49:05 AM

Coin price is another variable.  Coin price does a 2x, you have the same hardware, even with new hash rate introduced, you feel fine, even when the difficulty goes up.  Difficulty goes up, coin price goes down, you have the same hardware, you feel a little less fine.  

It isn't rocket science.

If it continues for  a monthes ya became to feel some headache once instead of less fine.

WHAT?Huh  Please use proper grammar and spell correctly.  I have no idea what you are trying to say with that.

It was a bit complicated sentense saying.
Once, your small satisfaction could become a headache Smiley
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:56:02 AM

I don't know ... Even at 800USD per month profit at current btc price, it doesn't become a headache for me.  My mining farm is in a room in my house that I haven't even opened the door to in over a month.  I manage it all remotely.  It was much much more in terms of daily fiat profit than that a few months ago, but so what?  I'm 34 years old.  I have a lot of time to hold the crypto and wait to see what happens. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:14:17 PM

Monero fork in ~48 hours, get yer bags ready.  Grin
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:03:05 PM

What do I pack?? Is Metroid coming with?  Grin
gotminer

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:05:16 PM

What do I pack?? Is Metroid coming with?  Grin

Lol  Grin

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Metroid (OP)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:52:03 PM

Bitmain is so smart, bought all the eth it could at $350 - $400 and now it says its asic miner is useless cause 180mhs using 800watts for $800 is blood useless, and now eth price is rising again hehe

But the truth is, this eth asic miner announced by bitmain is a trojan horse, the real asic miner is hidden.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1321

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 08:32:29 PM

Bitmain is so smart, bought all the eth it could at $350 - $400 and now it says its asic miner is useless cause 180mhs using 800watts for $800 is blood useless, and now eth price is rising again hehe

But the truth is, this eth asic miner announced by bitmain is a trojan horse, the real asic miner is hidden.

the real asic miner is hidden

Yes, I'm sure the real F3 is hidden and one day they will launch

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:48:19 PM

if ethereum switch to proof of stake GPU mining will be more and more difficult to maintain in 2018 i think also regulation will affect mining very powerfully
ptjoy

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:15:37 AM

No way, it can't die. There will be new coins with new algorithms, like zec. Also you can mine ETH forks.
Ayuluv2001

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:33:15 AM

I see day by day, ASICS of many coins are launching, individually or multiple. Chinese companies are trying to kill the GPU mining market once again cause they are greedy, just like they did to Bitcoin and Litecoin. GPU Mining died in 2013 and was resurrected in 2015 with the Cryptocoins Generation 2.0, although many of you miners just started mining on 2016 due to huge pumps on those 2.0 cryptocoins.

As Cryptocoins got more popular than in 2011 - 2013. The new generation of Cryptocoins 2015 and afterwards are endangered by ASICS once again, and 2018 looks to be the year of per the title "GPU mining will die in 2018!".

Keep in mind that there are possible ASICS for ethash already for Q1, and even if ETH goes POS, ETC and other ethash coins will be only ASICS and if that happens only Equihash coins will be minable for a time and I have a word that there is already an ASIC in development for Equihash already and will start delivering in Q4 2018. As GPU mining keep gets scarce, other popular coins will have pumps and so ASICS will be born for them.

I want to know your thoughts about it and I wonder the limits of --> "where, there is money to be made, there is greedy"

Keep in mind that this price crashing we are seeing is due also to the fear of ASICS for most GPU mining coins.

You've got the right point there and I'm looking forward to sell my GPU's as soon as possible due to that. Once Ethash & Equihash ASIC miners get released, we'll see a heck load of GPU's coming out on sale at literally half of price, so it's better to sell out now.

The GPU mining can't be just vanished though, there'll always remain a few coins that can be mined through GPU's but their profitability? I think it'll be much lesser.

Ethhash ASICs are not proved  yet. But GPU mining  is already not profitable  at all.  May be it's not such a good point to sell it as it  was 2-3 monthes ago. But buing new gpu or asic according current prices is totally insane.

I don't know how to tell you this, but you are insanely wrong with part of that.  With the 31 gpu's that I have, I mined various coins and traded for btc in the month of March.  In the month of March, I ended up with 0.18337303 BTC.  If I converted to fiat right now that would equate to $1315.70USD.  My electrical costs (rigs and ventilation) for the month were approx $400USD.  Do the math and tell me that isn't profit.

I bought my gpu's last year at reasonable prices, not much over MSRP.  Not all, but a large portion of my rigs are paid for, if I converted to fiat right now.  I'm not converting to fiat at today's btc price (not even to cover electrical costs).  I'm placing a bet and waiting.  I'm not advocating that someone go out and pay insane gpu prices right now and start building a farm.  But do not tell me that gpu mining (in my situation) is not profitable.  Lol ... It would be insane for me to shut down my rigs right now and sell everything today. 

If you converted it. I have a lot of coins in runescape and if I'd convert them to fiat i'd be a millionaire, but i'm not gonna do it right now. I'm placing my bet and waiting.

That just sounds like greed to me.  Hopefully you've at least converted enough to fiat (just in case) to live the rest of your life in comfort.  And then, place all of the bets that you want.  I'm not in this to have lambo's, helicopters, and private jets.  I don't care about any of that shit.  My goal in this space (mining and investing) is to retire by 45-50, rather than working for the man until I'm 65 years old.  If something way better comes out of it, so be it.  I would probably donate a ton to charity, because I don't need to live an extravagant life style to be happy in life.

well i love this statement as this the goal i had set since 10 yrs ago Smiley retire by age of 40 or so
Ayuluv2001

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:36:02 AM

what will the fork do ? and is it a chance to earn money?
gotminer

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:53:25 AM

It will render the bitmain asic useless as far as xmr goes, what the fuck do you think?   Grin Cheesy Grin  You will never earn money ... All of your money will come to me.

Ayuluv2001

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:12:04 AM

It will render the bitmain asic useless as far as xmr goes, what the fuck do you think?   Grin Cheesy Grin  You will never earn money ... All of your money will come to me.

oh thanks so most of the fork is to anti bitmain asic (indirectly support GPU mining instead?)
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:37:02 AM

Simple. Buy bitcoin gold if you feel this way.
Every Dick and Harry can come up with a coin, what is so special in the multiple of fork that happened and what is so special with bitcoin gold.

I feel bitmain is invasive so I started loading up on btg. They took over Sia coin with their a3 miner. Sia devs threatened bitmain but have not took any definitive action. Bitcoin gold will
Bitmain is trying to make a monopoly which has to be broken, i have not doubt about that but you have to understand that anyone can develop anything which could aide you, it is an open market .

The bitcoin community claims to be decentralized yet they keep buying bitcoin the most centralized coin being mined out by bitmain.
If you truly believe in decentralization you should be getting btg and not btc
Bitmain has a monopoly when it comes to mining but that does make it a centralized coin, now many top companies are planning to come up with mining equipment namely Intel and Samsung, which could destroy some bad practises we had with Bitmain as the sole reign in mining hardware.
Metroid (OP)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:53:44 AM

So it turns out, the e3 is 180 mhs and the f3 is 1500 mhs, almost 10 times more hashrate and bitmain was smart, put the f3 when the network could not be filled with gpus anymore because there were no gpus to be bought anymore hehe, so they could camouflage their f3 as gpus hehe, december - january timeframe hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:30:32 PM

hehe
  Grin
gotminer

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:35:44 PM

HEHEHE  Grin Grin Grin

baikur

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:57:50 PM

So it turns out, the e3 is 180 mhs and the f3 is 1500 mhs, almost 10 times more hashrate and bitmain was smart, put the f3 when the network could not be filled with gpus anymore because there were no gpus to be bought anymore hehe, so they could camouflage their f3 as gpus hehe, december - january timeframe hehe

You are full of crap, all your words are completely wrong. You are trying too look smart and like some prophet but actually, I laugh at you all day long.
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1321

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 05:43:05 PM

You are full of crap, all your words are completely wrong. You are trying too look smart and like some prophet but actually, I laugh at you all day long.

I used to think like you, but Metroid was right all the time, I have to admit and there is no problem of doing this

Bitmain have F3 mining for sure
E3 is just old hardware they will dump to idiots

If you look to diff you'll see

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:46:15 PM

If E3 not used for now in mining, then for increasing difficulty to x2 bitmain need to sell 1 300 000 miners E3
But i think its used for now, then we dont highly feel this devices

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: