Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:00:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018!  (Read 16832 times)
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:49:08 PM

So, is it dead already?

Mining BTC with GPUs died out years ago.
kimtaek

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:05:36 PM

GPU mining will never die from this year until to the near future! I guess the price of the Video cards used for mining will increase! BTC prices are now high so it will never die!
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:12:46 PM

BTC prices are now high so it will never die!

About the dumbest thing I've heard today.  Grin Grin Grin

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Metroid (OP)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:23:11 PM

There is no hope trolls, july is getting closer and closer, 3 things will hit your trollhead, first the e3 then the f3 encapsulated in the e3 and then the new nvidia gpus hehe and guess where all that hashrate is going to ehhe, I predict the difficulty to jump at least 3 times till September and price to follow and then before btc halves on 2020. Prices on 2020 will likely to be, btc 100k, eth 20k and many trolls resting with an improved fabricated coffin hehe

Also Warren Buffet crying out loud why he missed all that hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:29:22 PM

There is no hope trolls, july is getting closer and closer, 3 things will hit your trollhead, first the e3 then the f3 encapsulated in the e3 and then the new nvidia gpus hehe and guess where all that hashrate is going to ehhe, I predict the difficulty to jump at least 3 times till September and price to follow and then before btc halves on 2020. Prices on 2020 will likely to be, btc 100k, eth 20k and many trolls resting with an improved fabricated coffin hehe

Also Warren Buffet crying out loud why he missed all that hehe

If those price predictions come true, I'll be living on my own private island somewhere. Lol.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3656

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:50:00 PM

yup and good years they were.

i will never get rid of my 6870 and 5830, they are largely responsible for my stack as while i did sell coins through the years i kept enough to make my wife and i extremely happy.. i keep meaning to mount them in a frame and hang them on a wall as they were so good to me.
Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:54:01 PM

If those price predictions come true, I'll be living on my own private island somewhere. Lol.

Cryptocoins is the second greatest scam to mankind to date, paper money still the greatest, I said this in 2009 when all this thing began and still applies right now hehe, funny though, is a different kind of scam cause is protected by cryptography/technology/numbers but that is about it, is a modern scam, I remember people saying good things about gold and silver and how cryptocoins one day would be like gold and silver, look where they are right now and where cryptocoins are. This will keep increasing and breaking records, new ways to monetize money will be created, what we know about paper money in few decades will be extinct.

mbdmbn

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:23:24 PM

Cryptocoins is the second greatest scam to mankind to date, paper money still the greatest, I said this in 2009 when all this thing began and still applies right now hehe, funny though, is a different kind of scam cause is protected by cryptography/technology/numbers but that is about it, is a modern scam, I remember people saying good things about gold and silver and how cryptocoins one day would be like gold and silver, look where they are right now and where cryptocoins are. This will keep increasing and breaking records, new ways to monetize money will be created, what we know about paper money in few decades will be extinct.

That's funny, you've only been a member on here since 2013 and it was actually 1983 when "this thing began".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecash

I've got to hand it to you though, you make a prediction thread on here that spans a year, then you go on to make mini predictions within the thread for the same year, and now here we are watching you make predictions "decades" into the future.

I'd compare you to Nostradamus, except some of his predictions have actually come true Grin

sigtmerchant

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:43:04 PM

This is one of the funniest threads I've been reading today Smiley

ltcsprite

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:10:45 AM

metroid doesnt own any coins but follows since 2009 and insults people and calls them trolls.

hehe.

metroid the nocoiner.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:03:24 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 04:28:37 AM by notbatman
Merited by vapourminer (1)

i will never get rid of my 6870 and 5830, they are largely responsible for my stack as while i did sell coins through the years i kept enough to make my wife and i extremely happy.. i keep meaning to mount them in a frame and hang them on a wall as they were so good to me.

I realized BTC was worth something in October of 2013, by that time GPU mining of BTC had already died out. I got some Asicminer Block Erupters and was so impressed with BTC and mining I went all in on a Black Arrow (named after a UK rocket and "space" program) ASIC pre-order as the market on Bitfury ASICs had dried up and I missed the deadline for the KnC Jupiter (more "space"). I saw all the coins the Jupiter customers were getting and Black Arrow seemed to have a good history of delivering miners based on Bitfury chips.

Black Arrow ended up stealing my money and never shipped the miner I ordered. Cry  When I made the pre-order I had a small amount of money left and also purchased an old used HD 6990 5790 for $250, I made ROI in about a week solo mining Nova Coin. Cheesy  It finally died in a shower of sparks about 8 or so months back of fan failure two years ago but damn that card mined a lot of coins., it would do 50 MH/s ETH putting my new RX 580s doing 30 MH/s to shame.

edit:

It's been so many years it looks like I made a mistake, it was an HD 5970 that I originally got, another older dual GPU HD card. I got confused with this other dual GPU model, the HD 6990 was a more recent acquisition.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:38:00 AM

That's funny, you've only been a member on here since 2013 and it was actually 1983 when "this thing began".

I've got to hand it to you though, you make a prediction thread on here that spans a year, then you go on to make mini predictions within the thread for the same year, and now here we are watching you make predictions "decades" into the future.

I'd compare you to Nostradamus, except some of his predictions have actually come true Grin

failry, some of his predictions were right but not all, turn of events changed

I'm impressed with ASIC's prediction on GPU mineable coins

I may also agree on Price increase, news about Regulatory and taxes were all part of adoption, lets see, its crypto anyways, holding is the best part of it

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:22:14 AM

^^^ ROI coin belongs in the loo not on the street!
Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:09:00 AM

How is the cave? Everything started on 2009 because there was a market/blockchain/internet for that, anything other than what I said is just a way to troll the truth but I will not discuss cause in the end you will always make your kind proud hehe

^^^ ROI coin belongs in the loo not on the street!

Too many spams here because this thread is number one on google search, so every post gets too many views.

ranchi

Activity: 143
Merit: 31

Cryptomaa.com Helps in finding Real project

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 10:38:28 AM

Its not easy because many coins are not support new generation mining devices
so only option left is gpu

vapourminer
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:26:30 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 11:50:17 AM by vapourminer

I realized BTC was worth something in October of 2013, by that time GPU mining of BTC had already died out. I got some Asicminer Block Erupters and was so impressed with BTC and mining I went all in on a Black Arrow (named after a UK rocket and "space" program) ASIC pre-order as the market on Bitfury ASICs had dried up and I missed the deadline for the KnC Jupiter (more "space"). I saw all the coins the Jupiter customers were getting and Black Arrow seemed to have a good history of delivering miners based on Bitfury chips.

Black Arrow ended up stealing my money and never shipped the miner I ordered. Cry  When I made the pre-order I had a small amount of money left and also purchased an old used HD 6990 5790 for $250, I made ROI in about a week solo mining Nova Coin. Cheesy  It finally died in a shower of sparks about 8 or so months back of fan failure two years ago but damn that card mined a lot of coins., it would do 50 MH/s ETH putting my new RX 580s doing 30 MH/s to shame.

oh man black arrow.. sorry to hear you got burned on that.i almost preordered one as well as one from another company around that time (hashfast? dont recall the exact name). i figured between the two companies one would come through. riiiight. whew, dodged that bullet.

i did have a bfl FPGA that did ok, mainly because they were so slow getting their asic out it was profitable for a while. as well as a couple block erupters. but we all know where bfl went, and good riddance. think bitmain is bad? imagine if bfl became the dominant asic provider.

my only regret is that i didnt order more cards back in 2011. but btc was high risk and fairly unknown back then and no one knew where it would go. i was always into distributed computing (seti@home, F@H) so it was kinda right up my ally. and of course i got to buy shiny new cards for games Smiley i looked at it more as a new hobby than a get rich thing, as well as wanting to be part of the "grand experiment" of decentralized money.

my 1st btc was earned on a 4850 (testing the waters) but as soon as i figured out the process of turning btc into fiat in a bank account (mtgox and dwolla) i ordered the 6870, and later the 5830. my wife was like you paid hundred of dollars for THAT?? (the 6870). of course now she doesnt even blink when i order gear for mining. she just smiles when she looks at our bank and crypto accounts.

geeze memories Smiley
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:11:43 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 12:21:55 PM by notbatman
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Black Arrow ended up stealing my money and never shipped the miner I ordered. Cry  When I made the pre-order I had a small amount of money left and also purchased an old used HD 6990 5790 for $250, I made ROI in about a week solo mining Nova Coin. Cheesy  It finally died in a shower of sparks about 8 or so months back of fan failure two years ago but damn that card mined a lot of coins., it would do 50 MH/s ETH putting my new RX 580s doing 30 MH/s to shame.

oh man black arrow.. i almost preordered one as well as one from another company around that time (hashfast? dont recall the exact name). i figured between the two companies one would come through. riiiight. whew, dodged that bullet.

i did have a bfl FPGA that did ok, mainly because they were so slow getting their asic out it was profitable for a while. as well as a couple block erupters. but we all know where bfl went, and good riddance. think bitmain is bad? imagine if bfl became the dominant asic provider.

my only regret is that i didnt order more cards back in 2011. but btc was high risk and fairly unknown back then and no one knew where it would go. i was always into distributed computing (seti@home, F@H) so it was kinda right up my ally. and of course i got to buy shiny new cards for games Smiley i looked at it more as a new hobby than a get rich thing, as well as wanting to be part of the "grand experiment" of decentralized money.

my 1st btc was earned on a 4850 (testing the waters) but as soon as i figured out the process of turning btc into fiat in a bank account (mtgox and dwolla) i ordered the 6870, and later the 5830. my wife was like you paid hundred of dollars for THAT?? (the 6870). of course now she doesnt even blink when i order gear for mining. she just smiles when she looks at our bank and crypto accounts.

geeze memories Smiley

The CEO of Black Arrow (Alex Sovu) just got convicted and sentenced to 11 years for hacking and robbing the banks ATMs. I can't imagine this clown gave up turning his company into a multi-billion dollar business just to rob me and make sure I didn't make any money, WTF? Bitmain (located across the street from BA) delivered my Antminer S5 at least a week early and now they're bigger than Nvidia. After defrauding me and most of his customers the Sovu turned to defrauding ATMS, WTF? The guy paid a huge bail bond (with my stolen money) and is now on the run from his 11 year conviction.

The lengths this asshole, his company and various co-conspirators went to make me a butt-hurt loser is fucking mind blowing.
Metroid (OP)

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:36:48 PM

Bitmain has become what it is because USA let it, blame the USA for China closing the gap on the economy. USA was an industrial powerhouse and most of it went to China and Bitmain and many were born hehe

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:43:52 PM

oh man black arrow.. i almost preordered one as well as one from another company around that time (hashfast? dont recall the exact name). i figured between the two companies one would come through. riiiight. whew, dodged that bullet.

geeze memories Smiley

The CEO of Black Arrow (Alex Sovu) just got convicted and sentenced to 11 years for hacking and robbing the banks ATMs. I can't imagine this clown gave up turning his company into a multi-billion dollar business just to rob me and make sure I didn't make any money, WTF? Bitmain (located across the street from BA) delivered my Antminer S5 at least a week early and now they're bigger than Nvidia. After defrauding me and most of his customers the Sovu turned to defrauding ATMS, WTF? The guy paid a huge bail bond (with my stolen money) and is now on the run from his 11 year conviction.

The lengths this asshole, his company and various co-conspirators went to make me a butt-hurt loser is fucking mind blowing.

Shows that he was a crook from the start, although they did at some point try to deliver some units , they were late though and not profitable so they just decided to scam the rest of thier pre order customers.  thier not the only scammers in those wild crypto days, beekeeper scanmes millions , and the hashlets guys destoyed faith in cloud mining.  U just have to get iver it
vapourminer
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:17:02 PM

damn, didnt know that history.

knew he was scum but he really took some folks for a ride on many levels. sorry you got caught up in it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: