Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:25:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] JimCoin [JIM] A currency for Jims, by Jims.  (Read 6150 times)
JimCEO (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:21:54 PM

OK so at this point we have 2 chains going, if you have a block height higher than the block explorer be.jimcoin.net you need to delete your blockchain and sync from scratch.  On windows close your wallet and search %appdata% in your search bar and delete blockindexes.dat and blocks.dat from the JimCoin folder then open wallet again.  On linux, close your wallet and navigate to the .JimCoin folder in your root directory and delete blockchainindices.dat  blockscache.dat blockindexes.dat       and blocks.dat then re-start wallet.  Once done we should all be on the same chain matching the block explorer.
Ethinkin9

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

Rolling in the Deep

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:37:10 PM

OK so at this point we have 2 chains going, if you have a block height higher than the block explorer be.jimcoin.net you need to delete your blockchain and sync from scratch.  On windows close your wallet and search %appdata% in your search bar and delete blockindexes.dat and blocks.dat from the JimCoin folder then open wallet again.  On linux, close your wallet and navigate to the .JimCoin folder in your root directory and delete blockchainindices.dat  blockscache.dat blockindexes.dat       and blocks.dat then re-start wallet.  Once done we should all be on the same chain matching the block explorer.

wallet sync again, keep on mining.
aikun

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:47:16 PM

I try to delete blockindexes.dat and blocks.dat.
But my wallet coin amount is not correct.
The pool.jimcoin.net display more than my wallet.
I don't know what happened
JimCEO (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:02:44 PM

I try to delete blockindexes.dat and blocks.dat.
But my wallet coin amount is not correct.
The pool.jimcoin.net display more than my wallet.
I don't know what happened

Stats on the pool are a little messed up right now and a lot of orphaned blocks need to be re-mined since the pool was mining on the wrong fork for a while.  As long as your wallet syncs to the same block height the block explorer you are on the right chain.
JimCEO (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 01:51:33 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 02:10:58 AM by JimCEO

Alright Jims,

I think we need to take the pool offline for a while and get some solo mining going.  I thought it would be really nice for people to just download a wallet and start getting Jim payouts the click of a button but this is the 4th time having so much hashrate concentrated in on one node has caused a fork and its getting more and more difficult to fix as the blockchain grows.  I will do my best to find the time to write some step by step guides for various methods of solo mining to help the new Jims out but for the time being google is your friend.  The PoW is cryptonight so get to searching and i'm sure you will figure it out.  I will bring the pool back up when I have the time/money to set up another one to spread the hashes out, when the network hashrate has grown to the point that it wont dominate the network or when someone else can get a functional pool up to compete with it.  Apologies to the pool participants but this is whats best for all Jims.  In the meantime I urge every solo mining Jim to re-sync your blockchain so we are all on the same chain moving forward.

edit: I'm working on getting pool payouts to send but this last fork really muddied things up.  Regardless, all mined Jims will get to their rightful owners.
edit2: It will likely take a while for the blockchain to start moving at a normal pace again since the network lost so much hashrate when I turned the pool off.  This is normal and the difficulty will adjust soon enough to match the network hashrate.

-Jim
welhzh

Activity: 178

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:23:00 AM

Alright Jims,

I think we need to take the pool offline for a while and get some solo mining going.  I thought it would be really nice for people to just download a wallet and start getting Jim payouts the click of a button but this is the 4th time having so much hashrate concentrated in on one node has caused a fork and its getting more and more difficult to fix as the blockchain grows.  I will do my best to find the time to write some step by step guides for various methods of solo mining to help the new Jims out but for the time being google is your friend.  The PoW is cryptonight so get to searching and i'm sure you will figure it out.  I will bring the pool back up when I have the time/money to set up another one to spread the hashes out, when the network hashrate has grown to the point that it wont dominate the network or when someone else can get a functional pool up to compete with it.  Apologies to the pool participants but this is whats best for all Jims.  In the meantime I urge every solo mining Jim to re-sync your blockchain so we are all on the same chain moving forward.

edit: I'm working on getting pool payouts to send but this last fork really muddied things up.  Regardless, all mined Jims will get to their rightful owners.
edit2: It will likely take a while for the blockchain to start moving at a normal pace again since the network lost so much hashrate when I turned the pool off.  This is normal and the difficulty will adjust soon enough to match the network hashrate.

-Jim

thank you, i will solo
99coin99

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:13:20 AM

Is anybody still mining with CPU? 2 days no reward....
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:32:19 AM

Is anybody still mining with CPU? 2 days no reward....
Are you mining with your wallet?
As pools is down so no reward, we need to solo.

Btw, just wondering how to solo here...

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
jiang2897

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:34:59 AM

Can't the mining be?
JimCEO (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 09:06:23 AM

For solo mining on Windows download the CLI wallet in the announcement post on page 1 and run jimcoind.exe (your wallet must be closed to run the CLI daemon but copy your receiving address first) and once the daemon is synced with the network issue the command,

Code:
start_mining YourReceiveAddress NumberOfCPUThreadsToUse

It should display that the miner has started on each thread and if you want to see your hashrate use
Code:
show_hr

On linux the commands are the same except for starting the daemon which is done with the command ./jimcoind from within the directory that jimcoind is in.
itscoinguide

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:55:59 AM

Alright Jims,

-Jim

Happy to donate a server possibly for a jimcoin pool if you wish, Jim? PM me.

Jamesc81

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:11:01 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 03:37:29 AM by Jamesc81

Grin Solomining at the mo but can put my rig on a pool when one is available.
Also I'm having trouble pasting in my address into block explorer, it just shows blank. I'm using firefox.
Jamesc81

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:22:48 AM

Whoa network hash rate is 2.6KH/s Huh has everybody abandoned ship?
welhzh

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:32:04 AM

I am here, I will never give up jims
iSkyCastle

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:34:36 AM

Hey JimCoin, when you split like bitcoin, are we going to have TimsCoin, and JamsCoin? =P

JIMMIE58

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:12:02 PM

For solo mining on Windows download the CLI wallet in the announcement post on page 1 and run jimcoind.exe (your wallet must be closed to run the CLI daemon but copy your receiving address first) and once the daemon is synced with the network issue the command,

Code:

It should display that the miner has started on each thread and if you want to see your hashrate use
Code:
show_hr

On linux the commands are the same except for starting the daemon which is done with the command ./jimcoind from within the directory that jimcoind is in.

hey Jim,

How do i solo mine with gpu?
Cryptobel-NL

Activity: 344
Merit: 1

Creative Creator

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 05:34:37 PM

Is Jimcoin done?

◼◼ The Future of Payroll
◼ Make Every Day Payday (http://workchain.io)
welhzh

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:05:24 PM

jim, please dont let this coin down.
JimCEO (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 11:40:09 PM

Is Jimcoin done?

Absolutely not.

jim, please dont let this coin down.

I absolutely won't.
JimCEO (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 11:45:18 PM

Code:

Code:
show_hr

hey Jim,

How do i solo mine with gpu?

At the moment the only way to solo gpu mine is to set up your own pool and point an existing GPU miner at it.  There may be an alternative in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: