Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:03:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to sue ButterflyLabs - Big Single-SC owner let's league for class action  (Read 39300 times)
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 07:48:56 PM

I agree, it's a fact you felt the need to lead your cv with a statement of IQ.
 Roll Eyes

I hate to burst your bubble, but in order to find out IQ scores, a parent had to accompany you to the principal's office.  When my mother heard mine she asked me if I had an off day... Mine pales next to hers.  Since you have no understanding of growing up in my situation, you also have no understanding into my character.  Your comments are indicative of how it would be were you yourself to impart that knowledge first.  For me, that number indicates I am lacking in comparision to my mother.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 07:52:56 PM

Time to get this topic back on track before it was trolljacked.

Joshua, why does the company you represent violate FTC regulations with your no refund policy? Why do you believe that what you say supersedes the law? The reality you live in has a population of one, that is you if you couldn't figure it out. Would you like to bet 100 BTC that the Monarch will not meet the specs you have put forth for the form factor?

Run back to your troll cave, now back on topic.

Time to sue Butterfly Labs as their is plenty of evidence to support that they are fraudulent with their activities. They are still taking preorders for their SC line of products with a two month delivery time, which is not possible and misleading per the shipping Blogs rate of production or lack thereof, or more is non specific. The Monarch is being offered currently for a December delivery and Joshua has said on his little forum that you will not get it till February if ordered now, purposefully misleading unsuspecting customers into the bait and switch. Plus countless other lies that Joshua on behalf of BFL has told its customers.

And a Public Service Announcement!
If you have ordered from BFL and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask Butterfly Labs for one, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. One customer has already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via BTC or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC and they will advocate for you with BFL to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from BFL, here are two:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266945.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272585.0

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 07:59:14 PM

2) Cold Hard Facts.  I use what facts I personally know and extrapolate logically, most of what I see if hate filled bashing with .01% actual fact being presented as fact.

Name:   bcp19
Activity:   56
Position:   Member
Date Registered:   July 05, 2013, 03:28:38 PM

About half his posts are in BFL threads. Way too much work for a sock puppet. I think he is just a BFL fanboi with too much pride to admit his BFL orders were a bad investment.

And back on track:
If you have ordered from ButterFly Labs and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask ButterFly Labs for a refund, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. Multiple customers have already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via Bitcoin or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC and they will advocate for you with ButterFly Labs to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.
You can also do a paper filing with the DA here: http://da.jocogov.org/complaint-forms

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from ButterFly Labs, here are two:

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
bcp19

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:17:51 PM

2) Cold Hard Facts.  I use what facts I personally know and extrapolate logically, most of what I see if hate filled bashing with .01% actual fact being presented as fact.

About half his posts are in BFL threads. Way too much work for a sock puppet. I think he is just a BFL fanboi with too much pride to admit his BFL orders were a bad investment.

And back on track:
If you have ordered from ButterFly Labs and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask ButterFly Labs for a refund, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. Multiple customers have already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via Bitcoin or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC and they will advocate for you with ButterFly Labs to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.
You can also do a paper filing with the DA here: http://da.jocogov.org/complaint-forms

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from ButterFly Labs, here are two:

I guess that makes you the anti-fanboi then.  Your quote of my post and altering it shows you have little regards for facts, which is indicative of your BFL hate posts.  Why worry about actual verifiable facts when you can manufacture complete bullshit and feed it to the masses?

Oh! But we are doing the public a service by bringing up questions directed at a company that does not post here!  Why should we pose them to the company itself?  We can post here and when they ignore our posts WE ARE VINDICATED!

The trolls claiming are claiming they got troll-jacked.  Damn you guys suck.

scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:28:50 PM

quote BFL josh/inaba Today at 08:25:12 PM

"1. BFL is so awesome at scamming that they are able to cover all possible tracks that, even when you are not constrained by reality, you can't uncover proof of wrongdoing.
2. BFL isn't actually doing anything wrong.

Which is more likely?   
"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=274997.msg3000796#msg3000796

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
bcp19

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:36:09 PM

"1. BFL is so awesome at scamming that they are able to cover all possible tracks that, even when you are not constrained by reality, you can't uncover proof of wrongdoing.

Which is more likely?   
"

Don't look now, but the moon landing was real.

fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:36:27 PM

Name:   k9quaint
Activity:   686
Position:   Hero Member
Date Registered:   July 30, 2011, 11:13:52 PM

Funny...

Your last 100 posts (and maybee 90% of all your posts) are about Butterfly lab...

Are you in some weirdo Hate-Love affair with BFL ?  Grin

Are you a SockPuppet for some ASIC competitor ?
Are you the guy who hadn't a mug from BFL and you are reeeeeaaallllly pissed about that?

Please explain...we try to understand...all this....

MADNESS !!! (PG Style ^^)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:40:37 PM

Holy crap. BCP19 is the latest BFL sock. Everyone hail to the king of socks!
A sock? Hmm.
IQ: 148
Attended M.I.T. for 4 terms (could not afford to graduate)
worked odd jobs for 2 years
Joined the military.  Scored in the 98th percentile on the ASVAB.
Trained as an Aviation Electronics Technician
Worked and flew on the P-3C, in excess of 3,500 hours of flight time.
Retired after 20 years.
I sure don't see sock puppet in there anywhere, sorry.
Alright, I take that comment back.

- because no one on the Internet lies
- because anyone who feels the need to advertise their IQ has a problem with their ego
bcp19

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:42:46 PM

A sock? Hmm.
Retired after 20 years.

- because anyone who feels the need to advertise their IQ has a problem with their ego

Everything there is verifiable.  Can you say the same of your posts?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 08:43:06 PM

Which is more likely?   
"

Don't look now, but the moon landing was real.

Speaking of moon, did anybody see it last night? Due to the refracting (or whatever it's called), there was a small ring around it coupled with it looking like it was a double exposure--two moons. On the lower righthand side was a blue bulge. I spent so much time staring at it last night, my barn yield was subpar.
DrJoeGrine

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:44:31 PM

And back on track:

I guess that makes you the anti-fanboi then.  Your quote of my post and altering it shows you have little regards for facts, which is indicative of your BFL hate posts.  Why worry about actual verifiable facts when you can manufacture complete bullshit and feed it to the masses?

Oh! But we are doing the public a service by bringing up questions directed at a company that does not post here!  Why should we pose them to the company itself?  We can post here and when they ignore our posts WE ARE VINDICATED!

The trolls claiming are claiming they got troll-jacked.  Damn you guys suck.

Actually you are presenting non factual information as Inaba ie Joshua does post here. You are definitely posting like someone whom does not have a high IQ as all you have presented in any post is your assumptions and passing them as facts. I could post my credentials to give my words more meaning but anyone can be anything here as this is the internet. You are probably some teenager with aspirations of getting a free product for your adamant support of BFL.

If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
DrJoeGrine

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:47:35 PM

A sock? Hmm.
Retired after 20 years.

You made these claims of your credentials, please verify it to us.

Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:52:09 PM

A sock? Hmm.
IQ: 218
Attended M.I.T. for 4 terms totally got like 6 doctorates in stuff
Worked for Greenpeace, Doctors without Borders and the Supreme Court all at the same time.
Joined the military.  Because a general on the second day. Wrote all the tactics they teach at West Point.
Flew Helicoptors one handed.
Invented semi-conductors in my spare time.
Retired after 20 years. Now I just hang out with Bill Gates and the Dalai Lama.
Also invented Bitcoin n stuff.

Wow, I guess he is totally not a sockpuppet or shill since it is impossible for random accounts created recently on Bitcointalk to lie about their past.

Well, my IQ maybe isn't as high as this, but I'm smart enough to know this is a ninja edit.  The way I know this is that he couldn't have invented semiconductors; Al Gore did.

I try to keep on learning all the time, though.  For example, I just found out from reading that the Dali Lama is not, as I had thought, a particular South American pack animal with a cute name (the Spanish spelling of "Dolly"?) related to camels.  Live and learn.

Seriously, though, for those thinking about suing.  Consider looking into law firms who have had  some experience in successfully pursuing Civil Rico actions.  The facts around BFL might be attractive to one. 

It's not easy; the pre-trial deck is stacked against civil Rico pleadings, but, if successfully taken to trial, it has a lot going for the plaintiffs.  And, possibly treble (3-times) damages. 

There are some lawyers and law firms who do this kind of thing.  One I know of is in Atlanta, but there are some to be found. 

Read a little on line about Civil Rico, and reflect whether it sounds like BFL's business tactics and shenanigans might fit any of the slots.
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:52:18 PM

Roll Eyes

I hate to burst your bubble, but in order to find out IQ scores, a parent had to accompany you to the principal's office.  When my mother heard mine she asked me if I had an off day... Mine pales next to hers.  Since you have no understanding of growing up in my situation, you also have no understanding into my character.  Your comments are indicative of how it would be were you yourself to impart that knowledge first.  For me, that number indicates I am lacking in comparision to my mother.

So it's still a fact that you felt the need to lead your CV with a statement of IQ AND now you feel the need to explain why you did that because you, apparently, have some deep seeded mommy issues.

bcp19

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:57:01 PM

Actually you are presenting non factual information as Inaba ie Joshua does post here. You are definitely posting like someone whom does not have a high IQ as all you have presented in any post is your assumptions. I could post my credentials to give my words more meaning but anyone can be anything here as this is the internet. You are probably some teenager with aspirations of getting a free product for your adamant support of BFL.
While I have used examples to show things people refuse to believe, I never claimed any of them were fact.  I have said things like "If they shipped 1.5TH a day, this would be the result" and I have performed the calculations based on that IF.  People have made statements that shipping has stalled all because Singles: July 4 appeared 2 days in a row.  From there they make claims that BFL is intentionally NOT shipping to FORCE people to switch orders.  Never mind the available information showing that the twit whining over his July 15th order has over 340 KNOWN orders before his (discounting possible refunds which MAY lower that).

Ask me direct questions and I'll give you honest answers, just like I did for PG in another thread.  Throw BS at me while using smoke and mirrors and I will call you on it every time.

The ball, as they say, is now in your court, are you going to return it or call foul(shill, puppet, fanboi) like you normally do?

bcp19

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:58:44 PM

Roll Eyes

So it's still a fact that you felt the need to lead your CV with a statement of IQ AND now you feel the need to explain why you did that because you, apparently, have some deep seeded mommy issues.

Please, Dr Freud, tell me more.

bcp19

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:00:17 PM

A sock? Hmm.
Retired after 20 years.

You made these claims of your credentials, please verify it to us.
Not a problem, PM me a way to contact you and I will give you directions to my house.  Once you arrive, I will show you everything you want to see.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:02:24 PM

Not a problem, PM me a way to contact you and I will give you directions to my house.  Once you arrive, I will show you everything you want to see.

You sir have too much free time!

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:04:07 PM

Actually you are presenting non factual information as Inaba ie Joshua does post here. You are definitely posting like someone whom does not have a high IQ as all you have presented in any post is your assumptions.
While I have used examples to show things people refuse to believe, I never claimed any of them were fact.  I have said things like "If they shipped 1.5TH a day, this would be the result" and I have performed the calculations based on that IF.  People have made statements that shipping has stalled all because Singles: July 4 appeared 2 days in a row.  From there they make claims that BFL is intentionally NOT shipping to FORCE people to switch orders.

Followed by:
BFL: 7PH and rising.

Oops. bcp19 was asked to provide evidence of that 7PH and rising claim, but of course could not.
There are many more examples of bcp19 confusing fact and fan-fiction.  Grin

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:08:19 PM

Name:   k9quaint
Activity:   686
Position:   Hero Member
Date Registered:   July 30, 2011, 11:13:52 PM

Funny...

Your last 100 posts (and maybee 90% of all your posts) are about Butterfly lab...

Perfect illustration of fan-boi magical thinking. First, comparing an account who just registered less than 2 months ago to one that registered over 2 years ago. Second, only skimming the last 5% of the posts and extrapolating that out to the entire data set. No wonder these nitwits got fleeced by BFL, as they are incapable of doing even the most rudimentary of research.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: