Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:45:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to sue ButterflyLabs - Big Single-SC owner let's league for class action  (Read 39300 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:27:04 PM

Oh so you are saying that an officer of the company saying a product will be delivered in two weeks for months on end is... not intentionally misleading his customers?

That is what he is saying. Plus, he is saying everyone will make their money back.
Shiller gotta shill I guess.  Wink

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:28:06 PM

Oh so you are saying that an officer of the company saying a product will be delivered in two weeks for months on end is... not intentionally misleading his customers?

That is what he is saying. Plus, he is saying everyone will make their money back.
Shiller gotta shill I guess.  Wink
I am shill in my own league. I am not with these amateurs.
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:29:47 PM

If his supplier is telling him 2 weeks and he turns around and tells customers 2 weeks, yes.  Do you have proof something else happened?

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:31:04 PM

from the article:

The second part is about the liar's intention. A lie that you don't mean anyone to take seriously, such as a joke or hyperbole, wouldn't constitute fraud.

When it comes to proving intent for fraud, courts often look at what the liar could gain if someone believes the lie. If the liar benefits from someone believing and acting on the lie, that tends to show intent.

Clearly the courts will be looking at the benefit to BFL caused by Josh's continued lie of "two weeks".  I don't need to prove anything but I'm sure the prosecutor who takes the case will find plenty of people who will state "Josh lied for the benefit of BFL".
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:34:31 PM

from the article:

The second part is about the liar's intention. A lie that you don't mean anyone to take seriously, such as a joke or hyperbole, wouldn't constitute fraud.

When it comes to proving intent for fraud, courts often look at what the liar could gain if someone believes the lie. If the liar benefits from someone believing and acting on the lie, that tends to show intent.

Clearly the courts will be looking at the benefit to BFL caused by Josh's continued lie of "two weeks".  I don't need to prove anything but I'm sure the prosecutor who takes the case will find plenty of people who will state "Josh lied for the benefit of BFL".
So you have no proof.

Viceroy

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:36:25 PM

Read it again.  The courts will look at the beneficiary of the lie.  I do not need to prove it, it is patently clear that BFL benefits by it's officers public lie.  This is a cut and dried case of fraud.

bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:39:26 PM

Read it again.  The courts will look at the beneficiary of the lie.  I do not need to prove it, it is patently clear that BFL benefits by it's officers public lie.  This is a cut and dried case of fraud.
I see, how much are you paying your lawyer?

Viceroy

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:40:17 PM

Hey bcp I have a riddle for you....

What do you call it when a company starts shipping alot of product?

I'm looking for a term that describes   "in a mass; as a group"  

Can you tell me that two word phrase?  I'm betting you cannot because you never made it into MIT.  So let's see.... what phrase am I looking for?

(Please, nobody help him).....
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:40:49 PM

If his supplier is telling him 2 weeks and he turns around and tells customers 2 weeks, yes.  Do you have proof something else happened?

There are many instances of BFL contradicting itself.
If you didn't just get off the shortbus, you might have read about them.

Name:   bcp19
Activity:   56
Position:   Member
Date Registered:   July 05, 2013, 03:28:38 PM

That is why everyone makes fun of you.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:43:59 PM

Can you tell me that two word phrase?  I'm betting you cannot because you never made it into MIT.  So let's see.... what phrase am I looking for?

SNAFU-FUBAR?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_slang
Viceroy

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:44:32 PM

Yea, he's in a snafu now... he'll never get it.  He is FUBAR!  (I don't believe he could get into MIT).
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:44:56 PM

I fail to see your point, I was working in Computer Science not corporate shipping.  I can't play a piano either.

Viceroy

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:45:33 PM

Oh come on, is that the best you got mr 148 IQ?  

Answer my question.  Anyone who qualified for MIT should be able to figure out this two word phrase.  It has French origins.

I'm looking for a term that describes   "in a mass; as a group" 

(no help from the audience please).

bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:48:53 PM

Intelligence has nothing to do with knowledge.  I know nothing about fashion, I don't know how to rebuild a car engine, I don't know how to refine crude oil into gasoline, I don't know how to fly a helicopter.  BUT, I could learn if I wanted to.

Bicknellski

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:50:37 PM

customer satisfaction.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
mah87 (OP)
Donator

Activity: 756

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:51:11 PM

Intelligence has nothing to do with knowledge.  I know nothing about fashion, I don't know how to rebuild a car engine, I don't know how to refine crude oil into gasoline, I don't know how to fly a helicopter.  BUT, I could learn if I wanted to.

What a deep thought, "people can learn". Thank you IQ God.
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:53:11 PM

lol.  Just a second ago you told me there is a difference between the words fraud and lie.  Now you can't give me a simple two word term that is French in origin and means to ship "in a mass; as a group", is that correct?
I am not french, your definition sparks nothing in my memory.  How can I know shomething if I cannot remember having heard it?  Does IQ = Omnipotence?

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:53:54 PM

Answer my question.  Anyone who qualified for MIT should be able to figure out this two word phrase.  It has French origins.

I'm looking for a term that describes   "in a mass; as a group" 

(no help from the audience please).

OH, I just realized the answer.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:54:07 PM

What a deep thought, "people can learn". Thank you IQ God.

As a teacher I can definitely confirm people can learn. Unfortunately for bcp19 that very basic human capacity has eluded him here in this thread and many more.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:54:51 PM

lol.  Just a second ago you told me there is a difference between the words fraud and lie.  Now you can't give me a simple two word term that is French in origin and means to ship "in a mass; as a group", is that correct?

Can you tell me how to tune a hetrodyne receiver?  Can you tell me why a inductive capacatance circuit is bad?  Do you know what hysteresis loss is?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: