Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:22:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to sue ButterflyLabs - Big Single-SC owner let's league for class action  (Read 39300 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:52:51 PM

You said this on June 22nd:

"Production is slowly ramping up and we are easily able to manufacture  200 units a day currently - there will be no problem hitting 400 units a  day once things are in full production."

Its almost September, when do things go into full production??
How many you manufacturing a day now?  [don't worry we don't expect you to know, you are just the COO, so no reply expected]

On Jun 19th you said this:
""What's the ETA for new orders placed today?" - Sometime in September is my guess."  

90 days. You haven't shipped July 2012 in 90 days.

On Jun 19th you also said:

""Josh,you were thinking all 2012 (non-MR) pre orders would be shipped by end of July, still feel that way?" Yeah, I think we'll get it done."

[WRONG AGAIN]

On June 17th you said:
" We have a bunch of singles doing burn in right now and they'll be  shipping tomorrow."

It took you in excess of 50 days to get Singles from June 23rd out the door

On June 9th you said:

So far, it's looking like 400 a day was a conservative estimate  (that's 400 aggregate across all product lines, not 400 per product  line).  With a partial team going on the Jalapeno's, we can easily do 200 in about 5 hours.

[Then why haven't you? You haven't got 400 a day out the door EVER]

First they said
"So let us repeat - The only uncertainty left is the exact date in January our 100% custom BFL ASIC chips will arrive at our facility."
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content/127-bfl-asic-delays-depth-expanation.html?postid=8237#comments_8237
Then they outlined the schedule for chip bumping, packaging and shipping:
"Week of February 3rd: Packaged chips sent to assembly house"
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html
and by Feb 25th the chips still had not arrived:
"We had expected the bumping to be done by now, as per the previous update(s). That has not been completed yet."
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status-2.html
Then finally on Mar 28th at long last (but still not shipping):
"We have the current design hashing"
But on Mar 29th:
"We plan on shipping possibly by the end of next week
And sadly on Apr 15th:
"We've been working on getting the software and firmware nailed down. Things are mostly stabilized at this point and with our current boards (we do not have the redesigned boards in house yet)"
Then on May 6th:
"As many of you know, we started shipping out a quantity of Jalapeno's (around 35 or so), about half of those went to developers and the media"

It isn't that Josh/Inaba said "two more weeks", it is that every two weeks or so, Josh/Inaba would explain about additional delays and give another schedule that was spectacularly wrong.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:57:01 PM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content/129-13-jan-13-asic-update.html

That is specifically why I set the trap, I was sure they would both spell it incorrectly.  Josh is BCP.

Week of February 10th
We implement the 1/3 shipping plan en mass
1/3 of our assembled units will go to new orders in FIFO
1/3 of our assembled units will go to upgrade orders
1/3 will be randomly selected from both groups

We descend upon the Post Office, DHL, UPS and FedEx like a horde of angry locust

And, a bonus quote from the same page:

I am often asked the question "If I order now, when do you expect my order to ship." This is a hard question to answer, since we don't know exactly how long it takes to assemble a unit. However, the best estimate we have for this is that if you order today, 13 January 2013, you would likely receive your order around the middle of March or possibly sooner if you're ordering a Jalapeno or a Single. Minirigs take much more time to build than the other product lines, so they will take longer to deliver. However, without actually going through a bulk assembly process, we aren't sure what the major bottle necks will be. We can do estimates and we have strived for simplicity in everything related to the SC line. To that end, it requires 4 screws per Jalapeno and 6 screws per Single. Assembly of these units should take less than 5 minutes (probably around 3 minutes) per unit, so working through our pre-order backlog should be very quick. It will take more time to box and label them than it will to assemble them. The March ship date is a worst case scenario and it's entirely possible you would get your unit much sooner than that.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:01:45 PM

IF BFL had delivered in January as I had thought,I/we would have made out like 1st batch Avalons did,almost

This is why you don't understand how bitcoin works and why your arguments are laughable.  Do you seriously believe you would be the only person receiving a unit?  Because that is the only scenario where this statement would be true, otherwise, it's just plain false.

Josh,I know more about Bitcoin,than you know about ASIC's bro  Cheesy

Avalon 1st batch customers & BFL customers would of had the "Early adopter Advantage",which at the time of ordering is what WE as BFL customers had COUNTED on.There was only AsicMiner on the near horizon,no other competitors were anywhere near to release time in January.

But you,BFL,kept delaying over & over again,because of ineptness & cost us,your customers,that advantage.Aww boohoo right  Huh

Yes,all BFL devices will make a "positive return" for quite sometime.Any "return" is positive,no matter how small..............

But no where near the amount had BFL delivered in the original timeframe of Oct 2012-Jan 2013.

Thank you for your thoughts & get back to shipping ASAP  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:03:32 PM

no one will sue BFL ... im pretty sure ... only big mouth talkers around here
I believe, that BFL is in fact being sued multiple times already. It is worth to sue for couple hundreds dollars, actually. Anyone who paid 30k for a MiniRig has a helluva incentive to contact their lawyer. My stake is much lower and I'm half a world from America, but I'm still going to visit mine attorney tomorrow - to see what can be done.

Please inform everybody of your research thank you for your support.

You live in the same country as Trupik ?
Because you know that differents country = different laws ?
And international trial is...pretty epic...
mah87 (OP)
Donator

Activity: 756

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:05:18 PM

no one will sue BFL ... im pretty sure ... only big mouth talkers around here
I believe, that BFL is in fact being sued multiple times already. It is worth to sue for couple hundreds dollars, actually. Anyone who paid 30k for a MiniRig has a helluva incentive to contact their lawyer. My stake is much lower and I'm half a world from America, but I'm still going to visit mine attorney tomorrow - to see what can be done.

Please inform everybody of your research thank you for your support.

You live in the same country as Trupik ?
Because you know that differents country = different laws ?
And international trial is...pretty epic...

Date Registered:   July 18, 2013, 07:59:06 AM

I think you need to learn more about cryptocurrencies and how BFL are scammers.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 09:09:08 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109349.msg1204369#msg1204369

You are exactly right.  It matters what we are doing now and in the future.  We have delivered in the past and we will deliver in the future.  I have been open and up front with delivery time and dates as I know them currently.  We are still on target for Late October, early November.  Given the production times, I would venture to say it will be closer to the latter on actual shipping dates for the units, since we want to ship them out en mass as opposed to ones and twos.  Since this is a new product, with all new components, we are having to change our production facilities to accommodate it.  Contrary to Franky's fabrications, we do not, have not and are not rebranding anyone elses boards and selling them.  It's all created by us, for us specifically.  It's interesting he makes those accusations but is completely unable to supply the original source of these supposedly rebranded boards.  I wonder why that is?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 09:11:29 PM

IF BFL had delivered in January as I had thought,I/we would have made out like 1st batch Avalons did,almost

This is why you don't understand how bitcoin works and why your arguments are laughable.  Do you seriously believe you would be the only person receiving a unit?  Because that is the only scenario where this statement would be true, otherwise, it's just plain false.

Josh,I know more about Bitcoin,than you know about ASIC's bro  Cheesy

Avalon 1st batch customers & BFL customers would of had the "Early adopter Advantage",which at the time of ordering is what WE as BFL customers had COUNTED on.There was only AsicMiner on the near horizon,no other competitors were anywhere near to release time in January.

But you,BFL,kept delaying over & over again,because of ineptness & cost us,your customers,that advantage.Aww boohoo right  Huh

Yes,all BFL devices will make a "positive return" for quite sometime.Any "return" is positive,no matter how small..............

But no where near the amount had BFL delivered in the original timeframe of Oct 2012-Jan 2013.

Thank you for your thoughts & get back to shipping ASAP  Wink

Once again, this is why you don't understand how bitcoin works.  Let me see if I can dumb it down enough for you to understand:

When excess hashrate is on the network, the difficulty rises until it reaches an equilibrium with the hashrate so that 6 blocks are created per hour.  If BFL had shipped everything in November, the difficulty would be far in excess to where it is now (and even more than to where it was a month ago), thus your profitability would have declined.  Once again, the only way you scenario can be true is if you're the only one receiving a unit.  That would not have happened, therefore your premise is false.  

No, you do not understand bitcoin at all, sorry.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
papaminer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 09:13:04 PM

@OP and ALL...

Enough with the talking... GET TO ACTION!!!

The time was long overdue...!!!

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:13:14 PM

But you,BFL,kept delaying over & over again,because of ineptness & cost us,your customers,that advantage.Aww boohoo right  Huh

Once again, this is why you don't understand how bitcoin works.  Let me see if I can dumb it down enough for you to understand:

When hashrate is on the network, the difficulty rises.  If BFL had shipped everything in November, the difficulty would be far in excess to where it is now (and even more than to where it was a month ago), thus your profitability would have declined.  Once again, the only way you scenario can be true is if you're the only one receiving a unit.  That would not have happened, therefore your premise is false.  

Stop wasting pixels and start refunding people.

FCC compliance anyone? 2 weeks sure long 2 weeks there Josh. 2 weeks... where have we heard that before?

Why would anyone trust this guy with their money is beyond me. Personally I couldn't do business with someone that is unethical. First refunds are ok, then they are not ok... which is it? Paypal? What gone you say? Why did that happen? Writing clearly on the wall here people you might want to find a good lawyer and file those FTC and AG complaint letters you were saving for a rainy day. Any company that scores an F on the BBB site might be a bad choice to do biz with don't ya think?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:14:23 PM

When excess hashrate is on the network, the difficulty rises until it reaches an equilibrium with the hashrate so that 6 blocks are created per hour.  If BFL had shipped everything in November, the difficulty would be far in excess to where it is now (and even more than to where it was a month ago), thus your profitability would have declined.  Once again, the only way you scenario can be true is if you're the only one receiving a unit.  That would not have happened, therefore your premise is false.  

You are correct but the point is irrelevant as the miner was purchased based on a delivery date. If the delivery date was met, and the difficulty was high, it would have been our mistake and blame as you would have fulfilled your obligation. You sir are the one that does not understand how this bitcoin thing works.

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 09:22:28 PM

I bring this up, though I know it's pointless:

Can someone point out where I continually said we would definitely ship in two weeks over and over?  I'd like to see evidence of this.  I know the "two weeks" mantra is the rallying cry, but once again, reality and the beliefs of the anti-BFL trolls are two entirely different things.  No sense in arguing about it, as it's immaterial, but I thought I'd just throw that fuel on to the fire... but yeah, another lie from Viceroy et al.  They are just parrots repeating what they heard, as personal research, truth and honesty are something they know very little about.

On another note, I love how anyone who is not critical of BFL is automatically me posting as a sock puppet.  It's totally awesome.  Much like poor Bryan Micon the scam artists "BFL has downvoting bots on reddit!" whine, do you idiots honestly think I care about your pathetic ramblings enough to spend more than a few minutes a day reading and responding to the blatant stupidity, willful ignorance and outright lies that you perpetrate on a daily basis?  The sheer volume of your stupidity would overwhelm ten of me, much less a single me, which is why I stopped caring about you idiots a long time ago.  I do enjoy watching your mindless ramblings, though.  It's a fair bit of entertainment... especially when you get the echo chamber of K9, PL, PG, Bick and Viceroy going in full swing and you are all just responding to each other over and over.  I think the best so far was just over a full page of you nutbags going at it without a single other person chiming in.  I'd love to get you all in the same room and see what happens, it would be like watching a bowl full of retarded kittens try to figure out what yarn is for.  Except the collective intelligence of the kittens would be about sixty points higher.

Inaba (1) ~ PG (0)

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:27:30 PM

Burn.

How do you do that so effortlessly Mr. Phin

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 09:29:38 PM

Out of curiosity, did anyone ever correct you on your 'en mass' statement?

Yes, several people pointed it out when I posted it.

stfu and refund me BBB 9660523

No.  Put on your big boy pants first and accept responsibility for your actions, then we'll talk.

Color me confused!

Absolutely I want to take that position.  That accusation is pretty serious, please provide a link where I strategically deleted any information I've posted as either Inaba or BFL_Josh.  Once again, people are acting like it's a secret that I have two accounts; It's not.  In my capacity as a representative of BFL, I post as BFL_Josh, for other things, I post as Inaba.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:32:00 PM

Out of curiosity, did anyone ever correct you on your 'en mass' statement?

Yes, several people pointed it out when I posted it.

stfu and refund me BBB 9660523

No.  Put on your big boy pants first and accept responsibility for your actions, then we'll talk.

Color me confused!

Absolutely I want to take that position.  That accusation is pretty serious, please provide a link where I strategically deleted any information I've posted as either Inaba or BFL_Josh.  Once again, people are acting like it's a secret that I have two accounts; It's not.  In my capacity as a representative of BFL, I post as BFL_Josh, for other things, I post as Inaba

Inaba says he's not a BFL rep when he posts here.  Asking a refund from a non rep would get you a no in my book.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:32:14 PM

Date Registered:   July 18, 2013, 07:59:06 AM

I think you need to learn more about cryptocurrencies and how BFL are scammers.

Don't worry about me...i know "a little" about cryptocurrencies.

And your registered date don't protect you about all the BS you post.
Fact.Simple fact.

And one spin for Mr mah87 ==>

DrJoeGrine

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:33:57 PM

Who wants me to post BCP19's isp address and information?

He has taken it upon himself to post libelous accusations about me on BFL forums. I am silenced on the forum so I cannot defend myself and since BCP19 took it upon himself to be malicious, I took it upon myself to acquire said information since the thread that I am a pedophile is still on the forum.  Grin

If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:35:06 PM

He has taken it upon himself to post libelous accusations about me on BFL forums. I am silenced on the forum so I cannot defend myself and since BCP19 took it upon himself to be malicious, I took it upon myself to acquire said information since the thread that I am a pedophile is still on the forum.  Grin

Feel Free

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=146678 <--- DrJoe Sock Puppet.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:36:29 PM

Shocked  You are good Josh,gotta give ya credit.Great spin man !!!  Cheesy

See,thats the point,BFL would NOT have shipped EVERYTHING all at once in November.............so that point is moot  Grin
Have you shipped EVERYTHING as of now  Huh No BFL hasn't.........Thank you!! Wink

Yes the diff would have risen due to BFL & Avalon shipping,BUT AT THE TIME diff was very low (network was around 50TH at the time),this is where the "Early adopter Advantage" would come in to play,am I moving too fast for ya  Huh

Instead,after delaying due to ineptness on BFL's part (missed power targets,redesign of boards,etc..) you shipped very late (network was around 125TH & growing very fast).

Please do another "respin" on how I am wrong,I know you can do it,Thanks!!  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
DrJoeGrine

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:40:22 PM

He has taken it upon himself to post libelous accusations about me on BFL forums. I am silenced on the forum so I cannot defend myself and since BCP19 took it upon himself to be malicious, I took it upon myself to acquire said information since the thread that I am a pedophile is still on the forum.  Grin

Feel Free

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=146678 <--- DrJoe Sock Puppet.

You are the smart guy that fell for it.

bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:41:06 PM

Feel Free

You are the smart guy that fell for it.
Again, thanks for the admission of guilt.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: