Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:11:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to sue ButterflyLabs - Big Single-SC owner let's league for class action  (Read 39300 times)
Red_Wolf_2

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:41:46 AM

I can google does that mean I have an 148 IQ and will get accepted to MIT next year?

En masse... sacre bleu.

You had to look up things I know and can recite.  I have knowledge you do not, yet this is not intelligence.  I (like PL) was trying to think of an english word for his 'puzzle'.  Just because I am bad at puzzles, does nto make me stupid.

Intelligence is such a nebulous word.  People equate it with a knowledge of all things, which sadly it is not.  IQ is even worse.  It is a score received on a standardized test.  Since the test encompasses many things such as logic, literary understanding, visual acuity and more, scoring high really means nothing other than to show that you retained information you had received in the past and were able to perform logic.  Ever watch the show Unforgettable?  Does having an infallible memory make you intelligent?  Does it impart knowledge to you that you have never run across before?  Can you describe thigns you have never seen?
Once again, *I* am secure in who *I* am, you seem to have a need to belittle what you do not understand.

I think I know something about education and educational theory having worked with 1000s of students since 1995. Let me explain what makes someone a brilliant and valued member of a society versus those who fail to integrate into the greater collective we call humanity.

They are able to use their EQ coupled with IQ when working with other human beings.

They are able to use every available resource at their disposal to solve any problem without having to memorize it and rely on a fallible memory or an egocentric view or bias. The collective intelligence of a well intentioned group working towards mutually beneficial goals will exceed any one human being every time.

They are cognisant that all human relationships must be valued as well as supported. There is not a single human today that can survive, nor was there any in the past, the conditions on this planet without the interconnections of that ancient human network has been fostering for over past 120,000 years or more.

What I see with you and countless 'sock-puppets', I'd prefer the term multiple accounts shared between a number of users,  and from BFL in general is a very disturbing antisocial, bordering on sociopathic, need to make yourself somehow the most important individual in these forums. Neither you, Josh or those others who seem to worm their way around here extolling the virtues of BFL while continually of degrading human connections with a natural propensity or glee to insult your fellow human beings at every turn when someone disagrees with your insular world view that BFL is above reproach. You are really insulting our collective intelligence with the most puerile distractions, proposing that less information is some how good, proposing that anyone that offers up evidence is a liar even when there is ample evidence to contrary.

Pathological behavior is not something that most societies, including the bitcoin society, will blithely ignore and simply pass off as quirky or non-threatening. Human beings in collectives immediately smooth out the rough edges and will expect a minimal amount of social decorum. We do not like to be lied to, insulted and berated by individuals who do not have the respect of the collective. Fortunately there are plenty of people taking notice and calling you out on this behavior and are expecting you to either reign in your unethical behavior do what is minimally expected of any member of society to behave ethically.

I deal with 6 - 18 year olds on a daily basis they show more maturity, ethics and morality than any of these multiple account users who by all accounts are all adults with some semblance of a normal education albeit questionable mental / ethic capacity. It boggles the mind to think anyone would want to do business with such an unstable and morally bankrupt group of people.
So, you're a teacher, right?

Probably should put something here.... Maybe an LTC address?
LeNdJidEvsyogSu2KbC1u3bfJSdcjACFsF

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:44:09 AM

I can google does that mean I have an 148 IQ and will get accepted to MIT next year?

En masse... sacre bleu.

You had to look up things I know and can recite.  I have knowledge you do not, yet this is not intelligence.  I (like PL) was trying to think of an english word for his 'puzzle'.  Just because I am bad at puzzles, does nto make me stupid.

Intelligence is such a nebulous word.  People equate it with a knowledge of all things, which sadly it is not.  IQ is even worse.  It is a score received on a standardized test.  Since the test encompasses many things such as logic, literary understanding, visual acuity and more, scoring high really means nothing other than to show that you retained information you had received in the past and were able to perform logic.  Ever watch the show Unforgettable?  Does having an infallible memory make you intelligent?  Does it impart knowledge to you that you have never run across before?  Can you describe thigns you have never seen?
Once again, *I* am secure in who *I* am, you seem to have a need to belittle what you do not understand.

I think I know something about education and educational theory having worked with 1000s of students since 1995. Let me explain what makes someone a brilliant and valued member of a society versus those who fail to integrate into the greater collective we call humanity.

They are able to use their EQ coupled with IQ when working with other human beings.

They are able to use every available resource at their disposal to solve any problem without having to memorize it and rely on a fallible memory or an egocentric view or bias. The collective intelligence of a well intentioned group working towards mutually beneficial goals will exceed any one human being every time.

They are cognisant that all human relationships must be valued as well as supported. There is not a single human today that can survive, nor was there any in the past, the conditions on this planet without the interconnections of that ancient human network has been fostering for over past 120,000 years or more.

What I see with you and countless 'sock-puppets', I'd prefer the term multiple accounts shared between a number of users,  and from BFL in general is a very disturbing antisocial, bordering on sociopathic, need to make yourself somehow the most important individual in these forums. Neither you, Josh or those others who seem to worm their way around here extolling the virtues of BFL while continually of degrading human connections with a natural propensity or glee to insult your fellow human beings at every turn when someone disagrees with your insular world view that BFL is above reproach. You are really insulting our collective intelligence with the most puerile distractions, proposing that less information is some how good, proposing that anyone that offers up evidence is a liar even when there is ample evidence to contrary.

Pathological behavior is not something that most societies, including the bitcoin society, will blithely ignore and simply pass off as quirky or non-threatening. Human beings in collectives immediately smooth out the rough edges and will expect a minimal amount of social decorum. We do not like to be lied to, insulted and berated by individuals who do not have the respect of the collective. Fortunately there are plenty of people taking notice and calling you out on this behavior and are expecting you to either reign in your unethical behavior do what is minimally expected of any member of society to behave ethically.

I deal with 6 - 18 year olds on a daily basis they show more maturity, ethics and morality than any of these multiple account users who by all accounts are all adults with some semblance of a normal education albeit questionable mental / ethic capacity. It boggles the mind to think anyone would want to do business with such an unstable and morally bankrupt group of people.

Cheesy  Told ya he was quick!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Red_Wolf_2

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:45:19 AM

Nobody posted anything contrary to me.  Not even sure what that means, Josh.

edit:
Maybe you can explain, you are so smart!
You deleted Red_Wolf_2's post more than once.  You obviously did not like that he disagreed with you about me being Josh.  He also said something about int03h who turned out to be Ivan.  Guess you just need your talking heads to agree with you and anything else gets deleted.

Who cares! take this to direct post, and get a room! Enough already!

Agreed, for the love of (insert deity here) would a moderator PLEASE step in and shut down this giant pile of useless non-hardware related posts that are cluttering up the forums? They are supposed to be for discussing custom hardware, not who is and isn't "shady" (to use a phrase Bicknellski likes to use so much)

It is more about the lack of hardware. If somebody could step in and PLEASE make BFL ship the devices they promised, then we wouldn't need threads like this one. Also, the BFL fan-bois wouldn't have to beg to make it go away. So unseemly seeing them grovel.  Sad

Last year, they promised to work through the holidays to get as many units out as possible. Since April Fools Day, 2013, they've yet to work a Sunday, even taking some Saturdays off.

Can't build things if there isn't the stock to do so. The output of BFL seems less constrained by their assembly and more by their suppliers not supplying parts fast enough or in sufficient quantity for them to massively scale up production. Also explains why some Mondays apparently have more shipped than others.

Red_Wolf_2

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:48:56 AM

En masse... sacre bleu.

Cheesy  Told ya he was quick!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

Well, you could be a chaplain I guess?

Anyway, on topic again... You speak of maturity but go and necro months old threads, just contributing to filling this forum with out of date or unnecessary info with postings like "BFL = Shady"

I'm sure you've had to tell students this before, but take a more dispassionate look at all the parties here, not just the arguments they make. I'd argue that people on both sides of the argument show psychotic and pathological behaviour.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:50:46 AM

Can't build things if there isn't the stock to do so. The output of BFL seems less constrained by their assembly and more by their suppliers not supplying parts fast enough or in sufficient quantity for them to massively scale up production. Also explains why some Mondays apparently have more shipped than others.

I agree that BFL is constrained by a lack of parts.
I do find it strange that they have had 4 months while knowing exactly how many parts they needed to order. Supposedly they have all the chips they need (if they didn't, then there is no way they could get them in time from the new chip order to build devices to make the Sept 30th date). That leaves cases (which they said they had), power supplies (which they said they are not waiting on for shipping), screws (shouldn't be hard to order), heatsinks (also should not be hard to order), and PCBs. Now any decent PCB production house should be able to crank out thousands of the things in a couple of weeks. BFL knew how many boards they needed, why didn't they order them?

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:54:43 AM

I do find it strange that they have had 4 months while knowing exactly how many parts they needed to order. Supposedly they have all the chips they need (if they didn't, then there is no way they could get them in time from the new chip order to build devices to make the Sept 30th date). That leaves cases (which they said they had), power supplies (which they said they are not waiting on for shipping), screws (shouldn't be hard to order), heatsinks (also should not be hard to order), and PCBs. Now any decent PCB production house should be able to crank out thousands of the things in a couple of weeks. BFL knew how many boards they needed, why didn't they order them?

... poor logistics ...
... lack of transparency ...
... limited experience ...
... failure to deliver ...

Ya I want to order from them the really know what they are doing right? If only everyone knew about them then this nightmare of company would be properly bankrupt and less of a drag on the bitcoin economy. They are more of hindrance at this point and it would be in the best interest of everyone in Bitcoin to help find another area of "expertise" possibly helping the Koch brothers supply disinformation about anthropogenic climate change as they seem very well versed in that sort of campaign not in building miners for their customers.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 02:57:32 AM

Haha Bick, you are priceless.  You see me everywhere!  I feel both honored and sullied at the thought of the fact that you are so obsessed with me that everyone and everything must be me, out to get you!

Seek help man.  If you really are working with kids, I hope someone knows your IRL identity and can let your employers know you are mentally unbalanced and emotionally erratic, you are a danger to children without a doubt.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:02:11 AM

Haha Bick, you are priceless.  You see me everywhere!  I feel both honored and sullied at the thought of the fact that you are so obsessed with me that everyone and everything must be me, out to get you!

Seek help man.  If you really are working with kids, I hope someone knows your IRL identity and can let your employers know you are mentally unbalanced and emotionally erratic, you are a danger to children without a doubt.

More attacks on me I welcome that just proves my point. Threats. What next are you going to post false TRUST notices again? I guess we have struck a nerve eh? So laser focused on the person and not the merit of what is being said about you.

Have you answered the FCC question yet? When did BFL send the unit to the FCC? Did you get FCC approval? Still waiting.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Red_Wolf_2

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:03:42 AM

I'd venture on issues with case delivery and boards. It would depend on their contracts, if they're locked in with no penalty clauses it would make it very difficult to have any recourse. Poor planning and/or logistics most likely.
The reason I suspect cases are a possibility is that they are bulky and take up a lot of space. If inventory capacity is limited these would be one of the first things I'd minimise inventory stock of, and increase the number of smaller orders to ensure regular supply.
Boards would store more easily and could be tested without cases for binning and burn-in. Downside is suppliers are probably more expensive and quantity runs considerably less variable. Running a smaller run would drop your priority down the list, and you wouldn't stand much chance of getting regular shipments of small batches.

Viceroy

Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:04:44 AM

Have you answered the FCC question yet?

crickets
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 03:08:16 AM

Haha Bick, you are priceless.  You see me everywhere!  I feel both honored and sullied at the thought of the fact that you are so obsessed with me that everyone and everything must be me, out to get you!

Seek help man.  If you really are working with kids, I hope someone knows your IRL identity and can let your employers know you are mentally unbalanced and emotionally erratic, you are a danger to children without a doubt.

More attacks on me I welcome that just proves my point. Threats. What next are you going to post false TRUST notices again? I guess we have struck a nerve eh? So laser focused on the person and not the merit of what is being said about you.

Have you answered the FCC question yet? When did BFL send the unit to the FCC? Did you get FCC approval? Still waiting.

Still waiting on that proof, Bick.  We can't go any further until you provide some proof for your accusations.  So far, you've provided zero. 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:09:15 AM

... let your employers know you are mentally unbalanced and emotionally erratic, you are a danger to children without a doubt.

Without a doubt, we should listen to this man. He has extensive experience with being mentally unbalanced and emotionally erratic. Not sure I have the stomach to think about what sort of danger Inaba might pose to children, however.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:10:11 AM

I'd venture on issues with case delivery and boards. It would depend on their contracts, if they're locked in with no penalty clauses it would make it very difficult to have any recourse. Poor planning and/or logistics most likely.
The reason I suspect cases are a possibility is that they are bulky and take up a lot of space. If inventory capacity is limited these would be one of the first things I'd minimise inventory stock of, and increase the number of smaller orders to ensure regular supply.

Unfortunately, BFL claimed they had all the cases in stock. Might not be true, but that was their claim.

Boards would store more easily and could be tested without cases for binning and burn-in. Downside is suppliers are probably more expensive and quantity runs considerably less variable. Running a smaller run would drop your priority down the list, and you wouldn't stand much chance of getting regular shipments of small batches.
In Silicon valley, you can turn a board order of < 10,000 units around in 2 weeks. All the on board components are standard and should be trivial to source. If BFL was trying to do placement and mounting of the components themselves (which would be retarded) then I could see the endless delays. Even I don't think they are that stupid, and even if they didn't outsource the placement until after they got the boards made, they still should be able to get 10K boards done in under a month.

The logistics just don't add up.

DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:11:16 AM

Still waiting on that proof, Bick.  We can't go any further until you provide some proof for your accusations.  So far, you've provided zero. 

Since we are feeling chatty today Joshua. Why does the company you represent violate FTC regulations with not providing refunds? The law is very easy to understand for someone of your mental caliber.

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:12:58 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 03:34:44 AM by Bicknellski

Have you answered the FCC question yet?

crickets

Funny how shady people want to make it about the person and not about the facts.

Still didn't answer the question. Another call to proof we can most definitely move forward just answer the following question.

Did you send the unit to the FCC for testing or not?
Simple yes or no will suffice.

How about we talk about

Failure to deliver.
Lack of transparency.
Inexperience in manufacturing leading to long delays and inferior products.
How you lied in your forums to your customers about the refund policy changes.
Backdoor shipping to cloudhashing evidence is provided here. http://bflfraud.com/

and the list goes on and on... but by all means why not go after a guy and threaten him and his job. Yes that certainly speaks well for BFL and their need to make it "personal". I welcome you contact my boss here is his email darin.bicknell@gmail.com be sure to be specific and site EVIDENCE to support your theories. Unlike you Josh I have nothing to hide and I won't be backing down from this sort of threat. You ain't dealing with someone who needs hide behind personal ad hominem attacks all I have to do is point out your failures of which there are many. I do not have to resort to name calling or threats of loss of personal income or ruining your professional reputation you have done that already to yourself and you continue to shine the spotlight directly on that fact. You lack the requisite skills to function effectively in your position in your company and it is quite clear you are out of your depth. Should be interesting to see the transcripts when you are deposed.

Josh = Shady.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:13:30 AM

Since we are feeling chatty today Joshua. Why does the company you represent violate FTC regulations with not providing refunds? The law is very easy to understand for someone of your mental caliber.

I saw some three syllable words in the FTC rules. I don't think he can handle that.
That would explain why BFL is violating the law regarding refunds.

Nice segway into a Public Service Announcement:
If you have ordered from ButterFly Labs and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask ButterFly Labs for a refund, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. Multiple customers have already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via Bitcoin or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC at  http://www.ftc.gov/complaint and they will advocate for you with ButterFly Labs to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.
You can also do a paper filing with the DA here: http://da.jocogov.org/complaint-forms

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from ButterFly Labs, here are two:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266945.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272585.0

Red_Wolf_2

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:16:26 AM

Unfortunately, BFL claimed they had all the cases in stock. Might not be true, but that was their claim.

In Silicon valley, you can turn a board order of < 10,000 units around in 2 weeks. All the on board components are standard and should be trivial to source. If BFL was trying to do placement and mounting of the components themselves (which would be retarded) then I could see the endless delays. Even I don't think they are that stupid, and even if they didn't outsource the placement until after they got the boards made, they still should be able to get 10K boards done in under a month.

The logistics just don't add up.

The logistics add up fine if you assume that some poor decisions were made with regard to contracts which have no escape clause.
What probably complicated the process is the provision of chips to be mounted. This affects the board manufacturer's standard supply chain and I'd expect would attract higher costs for retooling and any custom processes involved. This would in turn have affected the tendering process and may have resulted in selecting a manufacturer for the board who wouldn't charge as much for the custom aspects, but which can't do turnaround nearly as quickly.

YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:19:36 AM

Lies lies lies ...I think u lie so much you forget what you have said mensa boy
Working in computer science ....
I fail to see your point, I was working in Computer Science not corporate shipping.  I can't play a piano either.
1) Not in Mensa, IQ not high enough.
2) Was referring to M.I.T. did not graduate
3) Electronic Technician in the Navy.

You are getting as bad a K9 with cutting and pasting irrevelant things out of context.... are you a sock puppet too?

Maybe your depression is becoming delusion?  Schizophrenia even?

You really need to get a check up dude.

You need to check yourself as its a bit out of control !!!

Is this what you find satisfaction in this non stop drivel and name calling on a forum.... MIT & whatever rubbish you claim is being demonstrated plain and clear...

Good work....

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:21:08 AM

Haha Bick, you are priceless.  You see me everywhere!  I feel both honored and sullied at the thought of the fact that you are so obsessed with me that everyone and everything must be me, out to get you!

Seek help man.  If you really are working with kids, I hope someone knows your IRL identity and can let your employers know you are mentally unbalanced and emotionally erratic, you are a danger to children without a doubt.

Is that what u got....he is a teacher and you  are calling the guy a peodophile ....

.... the depth of your depravity shows the moral character that you are and the company that you represent

Get ready for prison as this is the only place you will be amongst people of similar attitudes and moral fibre

OBJECT NOT FOUND
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:22:11 AM

The logistics add up fine if you assume that some poor decisions were made with regard to contracts which have no escape clause.
So your explanation is: BFL signed some bizarro contract with a shady supplier that is screwing them, but that somehow BFL can't lawyer their way out of it nor did they provide this explanation (which if true would completely absolve them of fault) to the community.

What probably complicated the process is the provision of chips to be mounted. This affects the board manufacturer's standard supply chain and I'd expect would attract higher costs for retooling and any custom processes involved.
Nothing on their boards is outlandish. Everything can be had from standard suppliers (like digikey). They at least got that part right.

This would in turn have affected the tendering process and may have resulted in selecting a manufacturer for the board who wouldn't charge as much for the custom aspects, but which can't do turnaround nearly as quickly.
There is nothing custom or crazy on the board, it is actually quite simple and straightforward.
Notice that the people doing BFL DIY boards completed their projects and got them hashing in a short time with few problems.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: