Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:39:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to sue ButterflyLabs - Big Single-SC owner let's league for class action  (Read 39300 times)
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 12:32:21 AM

Watch out, you really can have an ISP pull the plug on your account.
Having consulted a lawyer, I truly hope he goes that route.  I already have a countersuit ready for his threat, and if he gets my internet access taken down then I have a suit ready for either him or my ISP.  My ISP if they are too dumb and act on information from a random stranger without getting his personel information, and against him if he does provide that information.  Unlike his spurius libel claim, I *will* have a monetary impact if he gets my internet turned off.  Up until he presents his case in a court of law and gets a favorable ruling, any action by hm against me is actionable.  
I understand your sentiments. But shutting down a persons account is very easy...dangerously so...and legally.

There are so many spurious terms of agreement that you two have with your ISP, that if he proves you were at a certain location and posted a certain thing, that may or may not be enough to get your account terminated at the ISP.

I know this because I have seen grown babies (manchilds) do this to one another when they get a little too stupid for words. Then they turn to the FBI to have each other investigated like idiots.

You'd probably think that people in high authority in the US government and the Armed Forces are different than you average folk. Lets just say, the only difference is their ability to use English properly. Some of the nasty ones even turned to department heads at AFOSI and DIA (and/or the FBI) to have them frivolously investigated.

--------------------

Point being, watch out. (to both of you)
You are quite correct.  That word may be one of the watchwords for the NSA and their electronic surveillance.  Maybe they have already sent both mine and his information to the FBI for further investigation.  I personally welcome it, I have nothing to hide.
It doesn't work that way. Unless you use a ton of keywords like Al Queda, Obama, etc.

You are probably thinking of context sensitive crawlers and flagging. In which case you'd probably have to write it out in a different language if you want to draw any attention.

If you threaten to blow up the white house (or harm the president), the FBI is obligated to investigate such occurrences. (Yes, they actually send someone...well if you report it at least.)

=========================

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/31/nsa-top-secret-program-online-data

Thats just one tool that is recently become public. The tool allows someone to type in a web address such as: www.butterflylabs.com and it will give an analyst access to the IP's that have visited that site.

Or you could type in your IP and a few keywords and bring up your online browsing history.

Google History: https://accounts.google.com/Login?service=hist

You can wipe your history off the public servers but retention means it is available for a long, long time.

Dont bother with that guy as he is broken......
You still sound depressed!  Have you seen a doctor yet?  Have a nice day!

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
scotjam

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:44:48 AM

I have filed against BFL in their county's small claims court. I'm just waiting for an acknowledgement and notice of service.

This will afford me some discovery.

Alas, if BFL sends me a miner before the court date, there's little I can do as they'll have a perfect defense, but that's pretty much the only defense they have at their disposal.

Could you post links for others to find the county's small claims filing service?
m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:29:32 PM

Watch out, you really can have an ISP pull the plug on your account.
Having consulted a lawyer, I truly hope he goes that route.  I already have a countersuit ready for his threat, and if he gets my internet access taken down then I have a suit ready for either him or my ISP.  My ISP if they are too dumb and act on information from a random stranger without getting his personel information, and against him if he does provide that information.  Unlike his spurius libel claim, I *will* have a monetary impact if he gets my internet turned off.  Up until he presents his case in a court of law and gets a favorable ruling, any action by hm against me is actionable.  
I understand your sentiments. But shutting down a persons account is very easy...dangerously so...and legally.

There are so many spurious terms of agreement that you two have with your ISP, that if he proves you were at a certain location and posted a certain thing, that may or may not be enough to get your account terminated at the ISP.

I know this because I have seen grown babies (manchilds) do this to one another when they get a little too stupid for words. Then they turn to the FBI to have each other investigated like idiots.

You'd probably think that people in high authority in the US government and the Armed Forces are different than you average folk. Lets just say, the only difference is their ability to use English properly. Some of the nasty ones even turned to department heads at AFOSI and DIA (and/or the FBI) to have them frivolously investigated.

--------------------

Point being, watch out. (to both of you)
You are quite correct.  That word may be one of the watchwords for the NSA and their electronic surveillance.  Maybe they have already sent both mine and his information to the FBI for further investigation.  I personally welcome it, I have nothing to hide.
It doesn't work that way. Unless you use a ton of keywords like Al Queda, Obama, etc.

You are probably thinking of context sensitive crawlers and flagging. In which case you'd probably have to write it out in a different language if you want to draw any attention.

If you threaten to blow up the white house (or harm the president), the FBI is obligated to investigate such occurrences. (Yes, they actually send someone...well if you report it at least.)

=========================

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/31/nsa-top-secret-program-online-data

Thats just one tool that is recently become public. The tool allows someone to type in a web address such as: www.butterflylabs.com and it will give an analyst access to the IP's that have visited that site.

Or you could type in your IP and a few keywords and bring up your online browsing history.

Google History: https://accounts.google.com/Login?service=hist

You can wipe your history off the public servers but retention means it is available for a long, long time.

Dont bother with that guy as he is broken......
You still sound depressed!  Have you seen a doctor yet?  Have a nice day!

@BCP19

SO how much do BFL pay you to troll? Or are you actually an emplyee (as i suspect)?

Seriously dude, Your a troll or you seriously need to read the facts about BFL and wake the F**K UP!

BFL is run by convicted criminals, As committed COUNTLESS acts of crimes here, on there forum and directly to customers there selves, Lied consistently for over 12 months now and still cannot deliver on broken promises & not only that, Pisses on everyone who ordered singles/MR's from a great height by not actually building any and completing peoples orders that ARE OVER 6 MONTHS DOWN THE LINE OF THE ORIGINAL INVESTORS!

I could go on but i believe your a shill so whats the point, Some people don't have the brain capacity to figure things out for themselves and will always be sheep!

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:40:45 PM

LIMITED JURISDICTION:
Small Claims Jurisdiction is $10,000.00 or less.  Small Claims court can only award judgment for money and cannot order a person to do some act or try to refrain from doing some act.  Small claims are courts in which our citizens can settle small money disputes in a speedy, informal setting.

VENUE: (SMALL CLAIMS FORM)
SMALL CLAIMS NORMALLY MUST BE FILED IN THE COURT OF THE PRECINCT WHERE THE DEFENDANT LIVES: Under some circumstances you may have a choice of courts in which to bring a claim.  For example, if the Defendant lives in one precinct but contracted to perform services in another precinct, either the precinct where the defendant lives or the precinct where the work was performed can be selected as the place to bring suit.

BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SUE:  First determine who you are suing;
1) An Individual Person; or
2) An Individual Owner Doing Business (d.b.a.) As a Company; or
3) A Corporation (Incorporated Business)

1) If you are suing an individual be sure you spell the name fully and correctly and have the exact address.  If you know of more than one good address where the defendant can be located (i.e.:  home address, work address, etc.), be sure and list ALL KNOWN ADDRESSES ON THE FORM.

2) If you are suing a sole proprietorship (for example, John Doe owns ABC Auto Parts and does business under the assumed name of ABC Auto Parts) sue: John Doe individually and doing business as (d.b.a.) ABC Auto Parts.  If you do not happen to know the owner of the sole proprietorship, you may contact the Assumed Names Dept.  located at the courthouse for more information.

3) If you are suing a Corporation: You must sue the Corporation and serve its registered agent.  The Secretary of the State can provide this information of the name & address of the registered agent.  It is YOUR responsibility to find out if the business is incorporated or who the true owner is when filing.
Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:41:57 PM

http://courts.jocogov.org/dc_smallclaims.aspx

I will start researching on some of these topics. I believe if you receive a positive judgement (which is as someone said, super easy) there are ways to put a lien on the property owned by BFL.

Though I do not know how many people can place a lien on the property belonging to BFL. I am not a lawyer nor a professional but I know placing liens is incredibly easy if they don't pay up.

Those not daily involved in the court system make several novice assumptions. The first is that they will win. Everyone thinks they will win, but the news is that exactly 1/2 of those in court lose. Your odds start out at 50% just walking in the door. I have seen thousands of people stand dumbfounded when the gavel comes down against them. But even if somehow you win and get a judgement, you still have to collect. This can take years if you have gotten someone angry enough to hire an attorney and jack you around for the next decade.

I have taken people to small claims court on dozens of occasions. I have prevailed in every case. I have gotten paid in two of them. If you are not an attorney you should not pretend you are one. There is no substitute for direct experience.

I wish you luck. It could be a year before your case is even heard if they decide to delay you with discovery and a hundred other tactics. At the very least it will be educational, and possibly fun if you enjoy that sort of thing.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:48:37 PM

Everyone thinks they will win, but the news is that exactly 1/2 of those in court lose.

That is because for every winner, there is a loser.

Your odds start out at 50% just walking in the door.
That does not follow from the previous statement. If you have a case and the other side does not show up to contest the case, then your odds start out at 100% by walking in the door.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Rival

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:52:22 PM

Everyone thinks they will win, but the news is that exactly 1/2 of those in court lose.

That is because for every winner, there is a loser.

Your odds start out at 50% just walking in the door.
That does not follow from the previous statement. If you have a case and the other side does not show up to contest the case, then your odds start out at 100% by walking in the door.

You could just as easily oversleep, get a flat tire, or be in the hospital the day of court. You might not show up either.
Rival

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:08:51 PM

And to make things even worse, if they wanted to be real pricks, they could just delay your case for a year, and then show up with your asic and hand it to you completely worthless with a global hash of a trillion by then. Case dismissed.
bcp19

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:29:46 PM

@BCP19

SO how much do BFL pay you to troll? Or are you actually an emplyee (as i suspect)?
Seriously dude, Your a troll or you seriously need to read the facts about BFL and wake the F**K UP!
BFL is run by convicted criminals, As committed COUNTLESS acts of crimes here, on there forum and directly to customers there selves, Lied consistently for over 12 months now and still cannot deliver on broken promises & not only that, Pisses on everyone who ordered singles/MR's from a great height by not actually building any and completing peoples orders that ARE OVER 6 MONTHS DOWN THE LINE OF THE ORIGINAL INVESTORS!
I could go on but i believe your a shill so whats the point, Some people don't have the brain capacity to figure things out for themselves and will always be sheep!
1) I am receiving no pay or other form of remuneration for anything I post on here, everything is my own personal opinion.
2) If you don't believe me, I'd suggest you ask PG.  He and I had a very pleasant 30 minute conversation last week.  I explained to him my position, and while we don't agree, we pretty much agreed to disagree which is why he and I not longer butt heads on here.
3) You are entitled to your opinions and I am entitles to mine.  NEITHER of us have absolute facts, we are BOTH basically guessing using the available facts.  If you are unable to accept that, please feel free to click that little button over there (<----) that says ignore.

have a nice day.

m3sSh3aD

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:55:23 PM

@BCP19

1) I am receiving no pay or other form of remuneration for anything I post on here, everything is my own personal opinion.
2) If you don't believe me, I'd suggest you ask PG.  He and I had a very pleasant 30 minute conversation last week.  I explained to him my position, and while we don't agree, we pretty much agreed to disagree which is why he and I not longer butt heads on here.
3) You are entitled to your opinions and I am entitles to mine.  NEITHER of us have absolute facts, we are BOTH basically guessing using the available facts.  If you are unable to accept that, please feel free to click that little button over there (<----) that says ignore.

have a nice day.

haha, You sound a lot like josh, Are you his best butt buddy?

Seriously dude, Anyone supporting/backing BFL after all the evidence is either a shill or just plain dumb! Which are you?

Even IF BFL went out with all good intentions, They have not only pissed off 80%+ of there customers but broken countless laws along the way! HOW CAN YOU DEFEND CONVICTED CRIMINALS and think your going get taken seriously! I wish it wasn't so (i currently got fulfilled on my order but NOTHING!) but the fact is they are pulling all the classic tricks and they know any legal action will take Months, if not years to even get to court. CONVICTED CRIMINALS know the legal system pretty well, Better than Joe Public most of the time!

I seen your posts on Buttfucker labs and have a right good laugh to them. I read what people write and can't believe how greed/Counterintelligence/Blindness makes some people on there keep kicking the can down that lonely ally!

Wake up dude if your not a shill and realise EVERYTHING BFL as done is classic maneuvers of A HUGE SCAM using all the known tactics to best effect it seems! Weather it be selective scamming, Bait and switch like the mortgage industry or any other, BFL have pulled it off!

How you like the photoshop pic of the monarch? Did you upgrade/buy? Is that why your blindly supporting what is hurting the bitcoin community?

Im not going waste my time on you, Some people cant see the wood for the trees....
bcp19

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:04:07 PM

@BCP19

2) If you don't believe me, I'd suggest you ask PG.  He and I had a very pleasant 30 minute conversation last week.  I explained to him my position, and while we don't agree, we pretty much agreed to disagree which is why he and I not longer butt heads on here.
3) You are entitled to your opinions and I am entitles to mine.  NEITHER of us have absolute facts, we are BOTH basically guessing using the available facts.  If you are unable to accept that, please feel free to click that little button over there (<----) that says ignore.

have a nice day.

haha, You sound a lot like josh, Are you his best butt buddy?

Seriously dude, Anyone supporting/backing BFL after all the evidence is either a shill or just plain dumb! Which are you?

Even IF BFL went out with all good intentions, They have not only pissed off 80%+ of there customers but broken countless laws along the way! HOW CAN YOU DEFEND CONVICTED CRIMINALS and think your going get taken seriously! I wish it wasn't so (i currently got fulfilled on my order but NOTHING!) but the fact is they are pulling all the classic tricks and they know any legal action will take Months, if not years to even get to court. CONVICTED CRIMINALS know the legal system pretty well, Better than Joe Public most of the time!

I seen your posts on Buttfucker labs and have a right good laugh to them. I read what people write and can't believe how greed/Counterintelligence/Blindness makes some people on there keep kicking the can down that lonely ally!

Wake up dude if your not a shill and realise EVERYTHING BFL as done is classic maneuvers of A HUGE SCAM using all the known tactics to best effect it seems! Weather it be selective scamming, Bait and switch like the mortgage industry or any other, BFL have pulled it off!

How you like the photoshop pic of the monarch? Did you upgrade/buy? Is that why your blindly supporting what is hurting the bitcoin community?

Im not going waste my time on you, Some people cant see the wood for the trees....
PG has already attested to the fact that I am not Josh.  If you don't respect him enough to accept his verification, I feel sad for you.

If you read as many of my posts as you claim to, you'd already know the answer to your question... I purchased (1) Jalapeno on June 5th, 2013.

Having read through a fair share of the BFL hate threads and all of the FPGA threads, I see a pattern.  During the FPGA shipping a lot of people were also calling them a huge scam and how their CEO was a criminal and etc, etc.  The fact of the matter is they shipped all of their FPGA orders that were not cancelled or upgraded to ASICs.  Once again, you have you opinion as to teh facts and I have mine.  Your decent into vulgar language only proves to me that your ignoring me and leaving me in peace will make both of us happy.  You are more than welcome to click that button now.

m3sSh3aD

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:16:48 PM

I hate people who bring 'language' and put people down because they may well not be very good at language in general.

Your comment is just as offensive in its own rights so get off your high moral horse and smell the shit under it!

And no offence to PG tips but who made him the king of bitcoin forums? You gotta stop making hierarchies, We all know where that gets us don't we!!!! (no offence whoever PG is)

If you ordered June this year you have just proven what a fool you are! Hell, if you ordered February this year you have lost the respect from anyone who actually gets it! YOur argument is floored because FPGA's are not ASIC and were not even talking about something thats remotely close, They are oceans apart when it comes to the technical side. You obviously don't know much about the technical side and are in for a big surprise. Kiss your money goodbye!

Sorry dude, You've been sucker punched!

I know there's a lot of trolls around here but trust me sir, I'm closer to the truth than many realise. Thats why BFL josh banned me, Because he knows im right and he knows what he is! I've dealt with muppets like josh in real life and see through him. I just wish i'd looked further into it (17 july 2012) back when i made my order but the heat was on to get in the queue. You on the otherhand has had all the info and advice you could ever want and STILL made an order even though THERE ARE NO REFUNDS!

BFL shipped MANY mini rigs to a couple of people who got together early on and essentially blackmailed BFL to send them there rigs. I know this is FACT! I can't give you proof without compromising people (Guess who's side i'm on) but i tell you, THEY SHIPPED A LOT OF MINI RIGS TO THESE PEOPLE!

Actions speak louder than words, And your words are quieter than a mouse after your actions!!!!!

And im in it for the pupose/cause of bitcoin and 'money/profit' is not the reason i do this. Infact, i care little about that. Unfortunitly people around here cannot/do not see the power of BTC and what it actually is.

A CLUE - A Rothschild once said...

'Give me the power of the money and i care not who runs the goverment'

Now take the power of money away from said rothschild which bitcoin does.......

Hell, do i have to spell it out!
bcp19

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:25:23 PM

BFL shipped MANY mini rigs to a couple of people who got together early on and essentially blackmailed BFL to send them there rigs. I know this is FACT! I can't give you proof without compromising people (Guess who's side i'm on) but i tell you, THEY SHIPPED A LOT OF MINI RIGS TO THESE PEOPLE!
So, by your own words, you are saying BFL has indeed shipped more TH than most people think?  But since they, as you put it, got blackmailed, they shipped out of order?  That's a pretty serious accusation.  Too bad you won't prove it, you really could help those wanting to sue the company.

m3sSh3aD

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:29:09 PM

So, by your own words, you are saying BFL has indeed shipped more TH than most people think?  But since they, as you put it, got blackmailed, they shipped out of order?  That's a pretty serious accusation.  Too bad you won't prove it, you really could help those wanting to sue the company.

I don't grass people to the powers that be that used there brains! THey saw them for what they were and took the appropriate action! I'm sorry but i'm on there side and its an un written rule, YOU DON'T GRASS! NO MATTER WHAT!!!!
bcp19

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:32:12 PM

I don't grass people to the powers that be that used there brains! THey saw them for what they were and took the appropriate action! I'm sorry but i'm on there side and its an un written rule, YOU DON'T GRASS! NO MATTER WHAT!!!!
So, sadly the company you claim is such a criminal enterprise will continue in your words to rip off the masses, simply because you will not "grass".  Gotcha.

m3sSh3aD

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:36:30 PM

So, sadly the company you claim is such a criminal enterprise will continue in your words to rip off the masses, simply because you will not "grass".  Gotcha.

You thick or something, I PERSONALLY AM NOT INVOLVED but the people who are WILL GET DRAGGED DOWN WITH BFL, Because of a 3rd party (myself in this instance) GRASSES THEM UP! Ruining there lives as well.

You sir need to realise how things work before in the real world before calling me out, On what your calling me out on i don't know either.

Point is, BFL operate a cowboy company and deserve everything thats coming to them!

/END CONVERSATION!
bcp19

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:43:41 PM

So, sadly the company you claim is such a criminal enterprise will continue in your words to rip off the masses, simply because you will not "grass".  Gotcha.

You thick or something, I PERSONALLY AM NOT INVOLVED but the people who are WILL GET DRAGGED DOWN WITH BFL, Because of a 3rd party (myself in this instance) GRASSES THEM UP! Ruining there lives as well.

You sir need to realise how things work before in the real world before calling me out, On what your calling me out on i don't know either.

Point is, BFL operate a cowboy company and deserve everything thats coming to them!

/END CONVERSATION!
I am neither thick nor stupid.  YOU'RE the one who just STUPIDLY admitted your friends COMMITTED a FELONY by blackmailing a company.. This makes your friends WORSE than BFL, but since they are your friends, you cannot let them take the consequences for their actions, so you allow BFL, a company in your OWN words to be a raging criminal enterprise, to remain in business so that your crooked friends do not also goto jail.  By your own admission, you have aided and abetted this crime by not reporting it.  This makes you a criminal at least in the same league as Sonny.  

m3sSh3aD

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:56:47 PM

So, sadly the company you claim is such a criminal enterprise will continue in your words to rip off the masses, simply because you will not "grass".  Gotcha.

/END CONVERSATION!
I am neither thick nor stupid.  YOU'RE the one who just STUPIDLY admitted your friends COMMITTED a FELONY by blackmailing a company.. This makes your friends WORSE than BFL, but since they are your friends, you cannot let them take the consequences for their actions, so you allow BFL, a company in your OWN words to be a raging criminal enterprise, to remain in business so that your crooked friends do not also goto jail.  By your own admission, you have aided and abetted this crime by not reporting it.  This makes you a criminal at least in the same league as Sonny.  

Presumptions presumptions. Did i state friend, No, I just stated i know them. I did not say HOW i knew them. I didn't even state HOW I KNOW MYSELF! So your making a lot of presumptions is all i can say.

I'm not stupid enough to have faith in the 'LEGAL' system and do not take part in 'the system' as much as possible. To do good things, sometimes you have to be bad! This is a fact that is lost on most people like yourself!
bcp19

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:12:25 PM

Presumptions presumptions. Did i state friend, No, I just stated i know them. I did not say HOW i knew them. I didn't even state HOW I KNOW MYSELF! So your making a lot of presumptions is all i can say.

I'm not stupid enough to have faith in the 'LEGAL' system and do not take part in 'the system' as much as possible. To do good things, sometimes you have to be bad! This is a fact that is lost on most people like yourself!
Since I have not been, am not currently, nor ever likely to be a criminal, I disagree that sometimes you have to do bad to do good.  That to me sounds like a dishonest person trying to vindicate criminal actions.  You are claiming that you know of a fairly major crime, yet since you don't want to see the lawbreakers punished, you also commit a crime and cover it up.  Dishonesty breeding even more dishonesty.

You know the honest person's response to someone saying "It looks too good to be true"?  "It most likely is".

I asked several people I personally know and respect,  this question... "If you were offered a lifetime warranty how long you take that to be?".  I got replies ranging from "whose lifetime?" to "That depends on the wording" to a legal definition "The life of a product on the market."  This same question asked of the average joe on the street ended up getting "MY LIFETIME!" as the most popular answer.

I personally cannot find any justification for breaking the law. 

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:25:32 PM

http://courts.jocogov.org/dc_smallclaims.aspx

I will start researching on some of these topics. I believe if you receive a positive judgement (which is as someone said, super easy) there are ways to put a lien on the property owned by BFL.

Though I do not know how many people can place a lien on the property belonging to BFL. I am not a lawyer nor a professional but I know placing liens is incredibly easy if they don't pay up.

1) Plaintiff pays at the time of filing; $xx.00 (xx.00 filing fee, xx.00 to serve one person in xxxxxx County) and completes a Statement of Claim Form.  The Court prepares a citation addressed to the defendant.

2) The Constable personally serves the Defendant with a citation and a copy of the Statement of Claim.  The citation notifies the Defendant to appear for Monday at 10:00 a.m. following the expiration of (10) days from the date he/she was served.

3) On the court date, the Judge conducts a trial of the case and decides who won and for what amount.  The court then prepares a judgment for the Judge to sign.  (Note: prepaid filing fees (court costs) and all future court costs are usually automatically awarded into the court's standard judgment).

4) If the Defendant does NOT appear on the court date, the Judge may enter a Default Judgment against him/her.

5) Either party may appeal the judgment by filing a Notice of Appeal, Appeal Surety Bond with the court, and pay the required appeal filing cost of $xx.00, within (10) ten days from the date of judgment.  If no appeal is filed within (10) ten days, the judgment becomes final.

6) After (30) thirty full days, judgment is final, the party who won (the party who was awarded the judgment) can request a WRIT OF EXECUTION, for an additional cost of $xxx.00 to enforce the judgment.  The Constable serves the Writ on the party who lost and makes oral demand for payment.  If the constable receives no payment, and there is no non-exempt property to levy on, the Writ is returned to the court.  THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT JUDGMENT WILL BE COLLECTED BY A WRIT OF EXECUTION.  Call the Constable's Office at (210) 335-2806, for further details about a Writ of Execution.

7) Another alternative to try to collect on a judgment is an ABSTRACT OF JUDGMENT, at an additional cost of $x.00. The court prepares the Abstract which the winning party must file with the County Clerk Records Department at the Courthouse. When properly filed, an Abstract places a lien against any non-exempt, real property of the losing party for a period of (10) ten years and is renewable. ABSTRACT OF JUDGMENT CAN BE REQUESTED AFTER (10) TEN DAYS AFTER JUDGMENT IS FINAL.  When requesting an Abstract of Judgment, you should, whenever possible, provide the court with the losing party's current address and amount, if any, that had already been collected on the Judgment.

Cool FAILURE TO APPEAR: If a defendant who has been served with citation fails to appear at the time and place specified in the citation, the Judge shall enter a default judgment for the plaintiff in the amount proved to be due. The Judge may set aside the default judgment if, not later then the 10th day after the default judgment is signed, the defendant files with the Court a written motion showing good cause for setting aside the judgment.

If the plaintiff does not appear, the Judge may enter an order dismissing the action without prejudice. The Judge may set the case for trial if, not later then the 10th day after the Judge dismisses the action, the plaintiff files with the court a written motion showing good cause to set aside the dismissal.

NOTICE:  YOU MUST SIGN AND FILE A "RELEASE OF JUDGMENT" FORM if and/or whenever the Defendant pays off the full judgment owed to you.  A release form can be obtained at this office.

LIMITED JURISDICTION:
Small Claims Jurisdiction is $10,000.00 or less.  Small Claims court can only award judgment for money and cannot order a person to do some act or try to refrain from doing some act.  Small claims are courts in which our citizens can settle small money disputes in a speedy, informal setting.

VENUE: (SMALL CLAIMS FORM)
SMALL CLAIMS NORMALLY MUST BE FILED IN THE COURT OF THE PRECINCT WHERE THE DEFENDANT LIVES: Under some circumstances you may have a choice of courts in which to bring a claim.  For example, if the Defendant lives in one precinct but contracted to perform services in another precinct, either the precinct where the defendant lives or the precinct where the work was performed can be selected as the place to bring suit.

BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SUE:  First determine who you are suing;
1) An Individual Person; or
2) An Individual Owner Doing Business (d.b.a.) As a Company; or
3) A Corporation (Incorporated Business)

1) If you are suing an individual be sure you spell the name fully and correctly and have the exact address.  If you know of more than one good address where the defendant can be located (i.e.:  home address, work address, etc.), be sure and list ALL KNOWN ADDRESSES ON THE FORM.

2) If you are suing a sole proprietorship (for example, John Doe owns ABC Auto Parts and does business under the assumed name of ABC Auto Parts) sue: John Doe individually and doing business as (d.b.a.) ABC Auto Parts.  If you do not happen to know the owner of the sole proprietorship, you may contact the Assumed Names Dept.  located at the courthouse for more information.

3) If you are suing a Corporation: You must sue the Corporation and serve its registered agent.  The Secretary of the State can provide this information of the name & address of the registered agent.  It is YOUR responsibility to find out if the business is incorporated or who the true owner is when filing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: