Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:20:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal X10 ⚡OVERCLOCK⚡ Claim reward 0.2 BTC for TUTORIAL HOW TO :)⚡⚡⚡⚡  (Read 22701 times)
dmanukr

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:49:36 AM

If the boards can be successfully cloned with all same components, etc. can you guys think of a reason why you wouldn't be able to just flash the firmware and have fully functioning unit?  

I reached out to a couple of you privately to no avail so I'll just put this in the open, for those of you who have taken out a hashboard and examined it,
seen the components or can make photo or list of components, can you share that?  Some of you speak as though you're seriously interested in doing this but it's hard to see if it's just a hobby or challenge game, or if you're really interested in doing this in a bigger way. I'm interested in the latter.  
If you prefer to keep a hobby and no interest beyond, and you have a hashboard you'd sell me so i can have it examined, great, let me know.

The ASICs cannot be cloned. Take a look at this comment:

I DID take the heatsink off an X10 and the model number on the asic is this:

[Baikal Logo]
BK177280
ND33U

The ASIC chips themselves are manufactured specifically for Baikal only since it's their own custom design. Even if everything else on the miner could be sourced, the key missing component would be the ASICs themselves which are closed-source and proprietary.

Yes I saw this.. Baikal is a Russian electronics company .. they produce the asic chips and I may be able to acquire them. The hashboard is what would be otherwise proprietary but according to prelminary discussions with my engineers, can likely be cloned or functionally matched.  So my question is if someone has already photos or can make a bill of materials or components they see on the board.. or if they would sell me a working or non-working board and I'll get it done myself .. besides the asic chip listed (all the other transistors, etc.)  I can put it through to see if they can source everything.

I suppose I was hinting for partners in what may be a much bigger project, as I've already decided I'm going to make the investment for the chance to get it done provided the required chips are available.. some of the skills and perhaps material that this group may have, could make it a reality in which case there would be a very small group of people with access to the resulting product.  Yeah it's maybe a big dream, but it's worth it. Multi algo miners are the way to go and to understand and be able to create more efficient ones or more capable, isn't so far fetched.

In the meantime, my other question was a programming one.  Isnt the firmware what is provided to flash the system or is there a rom that is pre-programmed with base functions that would have to be decompiled?  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ironeinstein

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:53:03 AM

Yes I saw this.. Baikal is a Russian electronics company .. they produce the asic chips and I may be able to acquire them. The hashboard is what would be otherwise proprietary but according to prelminary discussions with my engineers, can likely be cloned or functionally matched.  So my question is if someone has already photos or can make a bill of materials or components they see on the board.. or if they would sell me a working or non-working board and I'll get it done myself .. besides the asic chip listed (all the other transistors, etc.)  I can put it through to see if they can source everything.

I suppose I was hinting for partners in what may be a much bigger project, as I've already decided I'm going to make the investment for the chance to get it done provided the required chips are available.. some of the skills and perhaps material that this group may have, could make it a reality in which case there would be a very small group of people with access to the resulting product.  Yeah it's maybe a big dream, but it's worth it. Multi algo miners are the way to go and to understand and be able to create more efficient ones or more capable, isn't so far fetched.

In the meantime, my other question was a programming one.  Isnt the firmware what is provided to flash the system or is there a rom that is pre-programmed with base functions that would have to be decompiled?  

If you can source the chips, that would be a huge step toward cloning the whole miner, but I'm having a hard time picturing how you would do that ethically. I don't imagine Baikal is selling these chips on the open market.

If you decide to develop your own systems however, keep me in mind. I have some unique ideas about how to design a multi-algo asic to target a group of algorithms, but don't have the experience or resources to implement it in silicon. I also have a good idea of which algos and networks to target without causing a D3-level fiasco. Keep me in mind if you actually kick off this project.
tomwrx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 11:14:15 AM

If the boards can be successfully cloned with all same components, etc. can you guys think of a reason why you wouldn't be able to just flash the firmware and have fully functioning unit?  

I reached out to a couple of you privately to no avail so I'll just put this in the open, for those of you who have taken out a hashboard and examined it,
seen the components or can make photo or list of components, can you share that?  Some of you speak as though you're seriously interested in doing this but it's hard to see if it's just a hobby or challenge game, or if you're really interested in doing this in a bigger way. I'm interested in the latter.  
If you prefer to keep a hobby and no interest beyond, and you have a hashboard you'd sell me so i can have it examined, great, let me know.

The ASICs cannot be cloned. Take a look at this comment:

I DID take the heatsink off an X10 and the model number on the asic is this:

[Baikal Logo]
BK177280
ND33U

The ASIC chips themselves are manufactured specifically for Baikal only since it's their own custom design. Even if everything else on the miner could be sourced, the key missing component would be the ASICs themselves which are closed-source and proprietary.

Yes I saw this.. Baikal is a Russian electronics company ..   

Where did you find that info? Baikal is chinese company. There is no link between Baikal lake in Russia Siberia and Baikal company.

ALQO - A Decentralized, All-in-One Financial And Cloud Services Ecosystem.

https://alqo.app/
dmanukr

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:22:31 PM

If you can source the chips, that would be a huge step toward cloning the whole miner, but I'm having a hard time picturing how you would do that ethically. I don't imagine Baikal is selling these chips on the open market.

If you decide to develop your own systems however, keep me in mind. I have some unique ideas about how to design a multi-algo asic to target a group of algorithms, but don't have the experience or resources to implement it in silicon. I also have a good idea of which algos and networks to target without causing a D3-level fiasco. Keep me in mind if you actually kick off this project.

The idea would definitely to be develop my own system ultimately, just using the x10 as a basemodel to build from.  With that said I have to either have a bill of materials or a board to provide so the determination can be made whether it can be done.  The ppl i'm working with say yes from photos Ive provided.. Companies do this all the time, use an existing design and improve. And yes they may not sell the chips on the open market but most likely it's their programming that's proprietary, Everything else is just components that may well be available, which is why I'm hoping someone would sell me a board or has more info on the components they find when they took apart a machine.. so I can find out.

With that said I'll probably move this discussion to a private one to find ppl seriously interested. 
tboy32c

Activity: 42
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:22:52 PM

The idea would definitely to be develop my own system ultimately, just using the x10 as a basemodel to build from.  With that said I have to either have a bill of materials or a board to provide so the determination can be made whether it can be done.  The ppl i'm working with say yes from photos Ive provided.. Companies do this all the time, use an existing design and improve. And yes they may not sell the chips on the open market but most likely it's their programming that's proprietary, Everything else is just components that may well be available, which is why I'm hoping someone would sell me a board or has more info on the components they find when they took apart a machine.. so I can find out.

With that said I'll probably move this discussion to a private one to find ppl seriously interested. 

If you can procure the actual ASIC chips that changes everything. I'd definitely be interested if that were the case.

That being said, as you probably know, ASICs are Application Specific and aren't programmable or else they wouldn't be "application specific" by definition. The original prototype design is done on an FPGA which is Field Programmable and can, therefore, be reprogrammed. When ASICs are manufactured there's no need for them to be programmable anymore.

I found this to be a good read: http://www.7400.digital/.

I imagine all other components could be pretty easily sourced. The entire premise hinges on sourcing available ASICs, so I'd focus on that goal first before looking at the rest of the miner.

As mentioned, if you do find yourself with Baikal's ASICs in-hand, be sure to let me know.
dmanukr

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:30:40 PM

If you can procure the actual ASIC chips that changes everything. I'd definitely be interested if that were the case.

That being said, as you probably know, ASICs are Application Specific and aren't programmable or else they wouldn't be "application specific" by definition. The original prototype design is done on an FPGA which is Field Programmable and can, therefore, be reprogrammed. When ASICs are manufactured there's no need for them to be programmable anymore.

I imagine all other components could be pretty easily sourced. The entire premise hinges on sourcing available ASICs, so I'd focus on that goal first before looking at the rest of the miner.

As mentioned, if you do find yourself with Baikal's ASICs in-hand, be sure to let me know.

Yes thanks am familiar but thanks for read... The X10 obviously is uniquein that something IS programmable otherwise it couldn't offer multiple and diverse algos. It's likely that the chosen algos share common set of routines that allowed the asic design while algo differentials are controlled by other components...guess of course.  My first thought was the STM chip on the controller and that may be but likely another chip on the hashboard. The STM chip is readily available but the controller board is complex..  more complex than the hashboard according to my contacts. 

Let's continue off public board.. anyone else interested are welcome to dm me.
Finsterkamm

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:48:43 PM

Do you think those Baikal miners not based on this silicon chip? 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baikal_CPU
adra12

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:29:13 PM

I think this is a different company, as Baikal miner is a Chinese company for sure. Of course it can easily happen that they are using just re-branded chips on their hashing boards.
dmanukr

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:21:09 AM

I think this is a different company, as Baikal miner is a Chinese company for sure. Of course it can easily happen that they are using just re-branded chips on their hashing boards.

The company you buy the miners from is a Chinese company, of which the miners is a small part of their business.. the ASIC chips in the miners are Russian.
Finsterkamm

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:05:33 PM

Have any proof of that? Smiley Of course we can slip into speculation that since Baikal-T1 fabricated on TMSC, than there is a big chance that they ordered "something else" just some sort of collateral product. And this is exactly the ASICs we are talking of.
darkly spectre

Activity: 308
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:55:36 PM

I know ASICS are pre-burned for the function they are set to do. it IS possible to program them to do more than just one thing IF said functions are on the ASIC.

but what stumps me is the promised 2 extra algorithms. if these are trully ASICS then it shouldn't be possible to add two more algorithms since the algos should of been on the ASIC already.

so either these aren't ASICS or the future algorithms are already on the ASICs but they just haven't enabled them for whatever reason.
tboy32c

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:41:05 AM

I know ASICS are pre-burned for the function they are set to do. it IS possible to program them to do more than just one thing IF said functions are on the ASIC.

but what stumps me is the promised 2 extra algorithms. if these are trully ASICS then it shouldn't be possible to add two more algorithms since the algos should of been on the ASIC already.

so either these aren't ASICS or the future algorithms are already on the ASICs but they just haven't enabled them for whatever reason.

I agree with you 100% on that and it is a great point. If there actually are additional algorithms then they should already be on the current ASICs and simply need to be enabled (which will be something to do with sgminer and/or the STM controller).
darkly spectre

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:14:17 PM

man imagine if we finally figure out how to actually change shit on the X10 and enable those algos before anybody else. Tongue
dmanukr

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:23:30 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 02:33:58 PM by dmanukr

I will PAY someone have for detailed X10 hash board photos on both sides without the heat sinks.  I will also pay for a full list of components that are recognizable on a hash board such as "3 - chips with code xyz, 10 chips with code "blah blah" .. etc. "   If you're willing to help on this contact me please.  

zapatista34

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:06:15 AM

thanks for information bro  Roll Eyes
tboy32c

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:17:47 AM

I will PAY someone have for detailed X10 hash board photos on both sides without the heat sinks. I will also pay for a list of components that are recognizable on a hash board such as "3 - chips with code xyz, 10 chips with code "blah blah" .. etc. "   If you're willing to help on this contact me please. 

Here's one of the components on the hash boards (64 per board):

...the model number on the asic is this:

[Baikal Logo]
BK177280
ND33U

darkly spectre

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:25:48 PM

I will PAY someone have for detailed X10 hash board photos on both sides without the heat sinks. I will also pay for a list of components that are recognizable on a hash board such as "3 - chips with code xyz, 10 chips with code "blah blah" .. etc. "   If you're willing to help on this contact me please. 

[Baikal Logo]
BK177280
ND33U

we all knew that. he wants to know EVERYTHING on the hashboards in an attempt to know what components are used to invest into cloning it
tboy32c

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:48:55 PM

[Baikal Logo]
BK177280
ND33U

we all knew that. he wants to know EVERYTHING on the hashboards in an attempt to know what components are used to invest into cloning it

Can we agree that without ASICs any attempt to clone the rest of the miner (in an effort to build a functioning miner) is pointless? Similar to cloning a pen but never having a source of ink or having access to 1000 crypto miners but without access to electricity. If they have a source of the X10 ASICs then the story changes. I'm just trying to save them time & effort from what would be a fruitless pursuit (as far as I can tell, anyway).
adra12

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:03:02 PM

Did anybody manage to restore the driver-baikalu.c source file? It would help a lot to understand how it is working with sgminer.
dmanukr

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:38:54 PM

[Baikal Logo]
BK177280
ND33U

Can we agree that without ASICs any attempt to clone the rest of the miner (in an effort to build a functioning miner) is pointless? Similar to cloning a pen but never having a source of ink or having access to 1000 crypto miners but without access to electricity. If they have a source of the X10 ASICs then the story changes. I'm just trying to save them time & effort from what would be a fruitless pursuit (as far as I can tell, anyway).

Yes of course that's correct.  Without the asics it's pointless which is one reason I'm willing to pay someone for the info I've asked for.  It could save me time and alot of money to do what I hope to accomplish.  I won't comment publicly anymore on this topic anyone is free to contact me privately if interested
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: