Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:52:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL MiniRig Line:Concerned  (Read 6984 times)
BFL-Engineer

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 12:14:17 AM

Also Posted in Pre-Sales at BFL Forum

MiniRig Line:Concerned
Via Jody's blog, we can conclude the minirig line made ZERO progress from roughly August 15th until today. It seems ONE 500 GH/s unit has been completed since then (as seen on Jody's Update yesterday). If only one 500 GH/s unit has been completed since the 15th, which is 8 days...How, at ONE 500 GH/s unit EVERY 8 DAYS, will BFL ever complete the backlog?

If BFL is purposely slowing the Minirig line, to force big-money investors to switch their investment to the Monarch line, this would be very troubling.

I welcome BFL to clarify why this line, which so much money has been dumped into by customers, is moving so slowly...Neglect, lack of coordination, or fraud?

Also, since I have 1.5 TH/s to my order...Can I assume, at one 500GH/s rig every 8 days, my order will take 24 DAYS to build and fulfill?

Thanks for your time

PS: I'm not an angry troll, I've invested in the Minirig line and I'm extremely concerned at the lack of progress. And seemingly no effort to correct it..

Are no other MiniRig purchasers as concerned as I am?

Hello EvilLizardApparel,

Just wanted to let you know that MiniRig line was not slowed down in any way, we were just waiting for new boards to arrive to the facility.

Regards,
Nasser

Unacceptable Nasser.   BFL has had plenty of time to foresee this and if any part should be slower, its the chips and that is it.  BFL has dropped the ball in a time when your customer has few options being that your orders are all pre-orders.  If you want to do real customer service, them your big customers how your are going to compensate them for your internal delay because of a lack of foresight.  

Having a 100% error-free production line, means around several thousand employees in several different companies must function as precise as atomic clocks do, with absolutely no human-error. Even robots cannot achieve that, let alone humans. We will do our best to make sure a huge number of products get shipped everyday.

Regards,
Nasser

BF Labs Inc.  www.butterflylabs.com   -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:22:20 AM

Having a 100% error-free production line, means around several thousand employees in several different companies must function as precise as atomic clocks do, with absolutely no human-error. Even robots cannot achieve that, let alone humans. We will do our best to make sure a huge number of products get shipped everyday.
Regards,
Nasser

Looking forward to reading reports about you folks parting the Red Sea and successfully shipping out huge numbers in the next 27 some-odd days.

I imagine it will be wonderful clearing out your backlog of orders on schedule, and meeting a deadline for once.
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:40:31 AM

Error free production lines do not mean thousands of employees.

That is just silly.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:48:02 AM

If BFL is purposely slowing the Minirig line, to force big-money investors to switch their investment to the Monarch line, this would be very troubling.

You cannot switch to monarch if you have an order in "fullfilled" state (after one mini rig has shipped).

I suspect they are running out of cases or other parts. 

BTW, slowing the shipment rate, only helps the early adopters.

People who have late mini rig orders will switch to monarch, just a matter of time.

How could you run out of parts when you KNOW how many orders you have AND you already have their money? 

DING DING DING..   that is one of the main tells of all their bullshit delay lies

I saved 10 years of my life not pressing the buy button last March on a minirig

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:50:11 AM

Regards,
Nasser

With all due respect sir, with your company's unbroken streak of fail it seems unlikely anyone would expect 100% error-free production from BFL. It might be better to set a reasonable timetable for accomplishing something small and going from there. You know something you can build upon. Say firing your toxic COO in two weekstm or meeting even one deadline...ever. No need to get all OCD about obtaining perfection when I'm sure most would be ecstatic to see BFL rise to the level of barely competent. Baby steps...nobody expects you guys to be able to just haul off and produce gear you sold last year.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:50:46 AM

That is just silly.

I know -- it is pathetic excuse..  
I got a FORM1 3D printer a few weeks ago.. it is WAY more liable to production errors/calibration than a freakin miner. it was a kickstarter startup and it was only 4 months late

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:51:10 AM

You cannot switch to monarch if you have an order in "fullfilled" state (after one mini rig has shipped).

I suspect they are running out of cases or other parts.  

BTW, slowing the shipment rate, only helps the early adopters.

People who have late mini rig orders will switch to monarch, just a matter of time.

How could you run out of parts when you KNOW how many orders you have AND you already have their money?  

DING DING DING..   that is one of the main tells of all their bullshit delay lies

I saved 10 years of my life not pressing the buy button last March on a minirig

Consider that if you fell for the estimated delivery time line and paid full price upfront then its even worst as you paid in full, unlike the others who went the trade up route. They got the chance to pay 15k and mine with the trade in hardware for 13 months.

Considering they are sending only 500 GH's 1/3 at a time full paid orders are the worst of the lot.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:54:58 AM

Regards,
Nasser

I have forwarded your comments to Bitfury. I can't promise they will stop making you look bad.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 01:14:38 AM

I must add two small notes:

1) The true number of employees involved in the process are at least several thousand. You must include all the employees that are involved in FedEx for example (or any other carrier we use to ship different components around), to employees in all the companies in the supply chain, PCB and assembly divisions, Wafer Foundry, etc ... The list goes on and on.

2) The sensitivity in our situation comes from the fact that initial delays were incurred. Long story short, at best we could have added 2 months error margin to the initial timeline given to us (which we did). In order to know what the exact delay is going to be (in any project), you need to know the future. We would've purchased a crystal-ball to let us know in advance.. but the company that makes crystal-balls just went out of business...

Regards,
Nasser

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:19:00 AM

We will do our best to make sure a huge number of products get shipped everyday.

Regards,
Nasser

How goes that August 2013 tape-out? You still going to make that date?

Buy & Hold
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 01:19:30 AM

1) The true number of employees involved in the process are at least several thousand. You must include all the employees that are involved in FedEx for example (or any other carrier we use to ship different components around), to employees in all the companies in the supply chain, PCB and assembly divisions, Wafer Foundry, etc ... The list goes on and on.

2) The sensitivity in our situation comes from the fact that initial delays were incurred. Long story short, at best we could have added 2 months error margin to the initial timeline given to us (which we did). In order to know what the exact delay is going to be (in any project), you need to know the future. We would've purchased a crystal-ball to let us know in advance.. but the company that makes crystal-balls just went out of business...

Regards,
Nasser

You should be ashamed to even show your face to customers, never mind justify the abomination. Do not pass go, go directly to jail and enjoy your stay.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:21:37 AM

Regards,
Nasser

I am sorry to have to correct you, but at best you could have added a 10 month error margin. Then you would be shipping on time, instead of very very late.
Other companies manage to use FedEx without being 10 months late. They also manage to make PCBs without being 10 months late. Indeed the list goes on and on.

Even at this late juncture, you are still pushing your own failures off onto other companies. If you can't manage to ship things via FedEx, you probably shouldn't be selling things over the internet.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 01:25:59 AM

Regards,
Nasser

I am sorry to have to correct you, but at best you could have added a 10 month error margin. Then you would be shipping on time, instead of very very late.
Other companies manage to use FedEx without being 10 months late. They also manage to make PCBs without being 10 months late. Indeed the list goes on and on.

Even at this late juncture, you are still pushing your own failures off onto other companies. If you can't manage to ship things via FedEx, you probably shouldn't be selling things over the internet.

We could have added 10 years of error margin as well. But to know the exact number, you need to know the future.

Regards,
Nasser

P.S. The FedEx example was used to demonstrate how little logistic elements can affect an active production line, it was not related to the initial delay in any way.

bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:27:30 AM

Regards,
Nasser

You really need to learn how to read... he's saying they added 2 months onto the estimate GIVEN them, yet that was still not enough when compared to the ACTUAL delays incurred.  Roll Eyes

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
sgrunger

Activity: 122

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:32:44 AM

On the bflfraud site, you can see the guy's partner saying he called up BFL and paid extra money to take earlier delivery of minirigs from people who simply bought them online via their website. ie : paying to skip in line

(edit : I didn't read the whole thread so maybe this was already mentionned. Sorry it that is the case)
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:36:38 AM

Regards,
Nasser

We could have added 10 years of error margin as well. But to know the exact number, you need to know the future.

Regards,
Nasser

P.S. The FedEx example was used to demonstrate how little logistic elements can affect an active production line, it was not related to the initial delay in any way.

So who's been fired for this massive cluster Mr. CEO? Multiple companies have now designed, sold, built, and shipped ASIC products in the time BFL has been figuring out which end of a soldering gun is which. Who's getting canned?

BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 01:36:48 AM

On the bflfraud site, you can see the guy's partner saying he called up BFL and paid extra money to take earlier delivery of minirigs from people who simply bought them online via their website. ie : paying to skip in line

(edit : I didn't read the whole thread so maybe this was already mentionned. Sorry it that is the case)

We don't do that... it's immoral and dishonest.

Regards,
Nasser

||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:39:40 AM

That is just silly.

I believe he is referring to the entire supply chain, not merely BFL.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:40:26 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2013, 02:00:37 AM by Sitarow

Regards,
Nasser

Regards,
Nasser

We do appreciate your effort in making things clear for those who may not know the process. However the customer now is wanting to know how much longer, and if the delay's become unacceptable. Then once again have the option to get a refund and put their bets on another horse.

Or if they can't then the best form of compensation is to increase the amount of sold hashrate to appease the loss of return for the delay to those whose orders have yet to be fulfilled. Perhaps a % of the purchased mining speed given gratis for the next gen item or something along those lines.

This strategy seems to have helped with other manufacturers and may help reduce existing customers from running for the exits.

It is just a suggestion, as some have expressed their disappointment of not having the ability to make a truly informed decision as to your projects particular circumstance.

Edit:

FYI
Bitfury NA Megabigpower

Order ID: 47
Date Ordered: 08/07/2013
Date Shipped: 09/04/2013

Your order has been updated to the following status:
Shipped
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:41:03 AM

We don't do that... it's immoral and dishonest.

Regards,
Nasser

How about denying refunds to customers who's order hasn't shipped yet? Is that immoral and dishonest, because it is definitely illegal...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: