Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:47:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If you plan to use the forum, put a mark of confidence down.
I plan to use the new forum. - 21 (65.6%)
^ this (-5) - 11 (34.4%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IN PROGRESS] A new Bitcoin forum. Design paper finished.  (Read 4122 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 11:42:13 PM

I confirm that I have DiamondCardz':
Code:
Name
Address
Picture
Screenshot of BitMit with his address

He will also send me a pic of him showing this data as soon as he can

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:44:51 AM

Bitcointalk = Shady.
BFL = Shady.

Time to get a new forum that is not shady.

Make sure that power is not given to 1 person.
People are rotated in and out of positions of power.
Shared resource.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 09:24:19 AM

2 people voted for blank. Wink
7 people have given the project a vote of confidence so far.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I need to add to the small list of forum rules that account trading isn't allowed, because it results in loads of scamming.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Viceroy

Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:40:18 PM

In the drug adverting section you need to remove the cannabis restriction.  Cannabis is now fully legal in many parts of the world.
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 01:46:12 PM

In the drug adverting section you need to remove the cannabis restriction.  Cannabis is now fully legal in many parts of the world.

True. Removed.

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 04:41:00 PM

Considering all the votes for "--- blank ---", I have now changed it to "^ this", so that we get some real data (i.e who wants to support the new forum).

Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:07:45 PM

Seriously? You just removed a post that critisised something? I see you're all in for "no censorship"
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 05:10:11 PM

Seriously? You just removed a post that critisised something? I see you're all in for "no censorship"

No, I removed the post because you didn't read anything I said in CoinChat, or in the post above, or in the OP. Also, you have a new PM that I see you're ignoring.

Criticizing it? Nah, you're trying to shit on me. I wanted to record who wanted to use the forum, that's what I'm doing.

Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:11:37 PM

Yeah how about no?

Forums are not meant to be playgrounds of kids. Stuff like "after three strikes, moderator loses his moderation powers"...

I think there's no real reason to start new forums since bitcointalk.org is fine, atleast for now.

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:12:04 PM

No, I removed the post because you didn't read anything I said in CoinChat, or in the post above, or in the OP. Also, you have a new PM that I see you're ignoring.

Criticizing it? Nah, you're trying to shit on me. I wanted to record who wanted to use the forum, that's what I'm doing.

LOL, that's censoring!!

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 05:15:38 PM

LOL, that's censoring!!

I don't define deleting annoying or trolling posts as censoring.

TBH, Boelens doesn't like me and I don't like him, most of his arguments are purely so that he can annoy me or try to bash me.

Yeah how about no?

Forums are not meant to be playgrounds of kids. Stuff like "after three strikes, moderator loses his moderation powers"...

I think there's no real reason to start new forums since bitcointalk.org is fine, atleast for now.

If you think so.

Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:17:55 PM

LOL, that's censoring!!

TBH, Boelens doesn't like me and I don't like him, most of his arguments are purely so that he can annoy me or try to bash me.

Yeah how about no?

If you think so.

Listen - I have nothing against you and I don't know where you got the idea from that I dislike you. I'm not making these arguments so I can annoy or bash you, I make enough arguments on many posts, and I don't care how well I know that person.
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 05:20:44 PM

LOL, that's censoring!!

Yeah how about no?

If you think so.

Listen - I have nothing against you and I don't know where you got the idea from that I dislike you. I'm not making these arguments so I can annoy or bash you, I make enough arguments on many posts, and I don't care how well I know that person.

I do remember you saying that you don't like me, actually.

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:21:53 PM

LOL, that's censoring!!

This might be the exact reason why people like MNW are banned (he was handpicked from the group of trolls to be banned due trolling).
It's all about personal relations and right now you are doing the censoring because of personal relation. There's no much point for you to talk about non-censoring forums anymore, right? It just doesn't work this way.

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 05:26:02 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 09:48:10 AM by DiamondCardz

LOL, that's censoring!!

This might be the exact reason why people like MNW are banned (he was handpicked from the group of trolls to be banned due trolling).
It's all about personal relations and right now you are doing the censoring because of personal relation. There's no much point for you to talk about non-censoring forums anymore, right? It just doesn't work this way.

MNW doesn't attack theymos because of personal relation. Boelens attacks me because of personal relation.

Please tell me more about how I censor people. I deleted 1 post because the poster ignored my messages in a chatroom, (is still ignoring my PM,) didn't read my post on why I changed it, and because the poster bashes me due to personal relations.

Viceroy

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:36:37 PM

Censoring NEEDS to be done.  In the case of crumbcake...

He posted an off-topic response which was little more than an ad hominem attack more than 700 times in a few threads I started.  He needed to be censored and then banned, which he was.  The next day he re-appeared as a new avatar named crumbs and he is still here today.

There must be censorship and moderation, otherwise a forum becomes impossible to navigate.  But censorship only against freedom of speech is lame.

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 05:38:31 PM

Censoring NEEDS to be done.  In the case of crumbcake...

He posted an off-topic response which was little more than an ad hominem attack more than 700 times in a few threads I started.  He needed to be censored and then banned, which he was.  The next day he re-appeared as a new avatar named crumbs and he is still here today.

There must be censorship and moderation, otherwise a forum becomes impossible to navigate.  But censorship only against freedom of speech is lame.

Good point.

Edited the Design paper again.

Viceroy

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:48:36 PM

Diamond, why don't you start with an analysis of the 200 posts in the thread I started.  There are many many good points in there.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244678.0

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 07:11:42 PM

Diamond, why don't you start with an analysis of the 200 posts in the thread I started.  There are many many good points in there.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244678.0

I just read through it once and added some points to an appendix, I'll read through it again in ~1 hour.

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 12:32:17 AM

News: I'm working on getting a temporary forum where we can discuss this, once the DNS for freebitcoins.pw starts working (freebitcoins.pw is a different project of mine, I'll just be using it for the temporary forum while I code the proper freebitcoins). It will be a temporary forum before the new forum is made, just to discuss things - nothing will be saved.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: