Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:28:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO investment Risk  (Read 1972 times)
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:00:51 PM

There are a lot of coins are available in crypto market. Investment on ico is risky now. Day by day new coin is coming but all are not good for investment. You should choice potential coin. You should see their terms, white paper, team and others thing for choosing right one.
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:48:43 PM

Yes it is risky to be involved or to invest in an ICO, new coins are raging in yhe cryptomarket all witjout assurance that it will hit success. However yjerebare always some ways to give you a rouhj prediction about an ICO, you can always check and read the white paper, atudy and explore the project itself. And do not invest everything at a time, if you out everything in, in a single ICO it's euther a make or break on your coin portfolio. If you're willing to invest betyer tonout a ceiling on uontonwhat amount you can afford to invest, so if it does not succeed the risk of losing everything / big amount would not be that directly affect you.
shimbark123

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:25:50 PM

I just work on bounty at this moment.But every person have a dream.I have a dream.I want to make a big investor.
You can be a big investor, just do your work on many bounties and I believe that you can do it Smiley. Make your dream your reality Wink.

I want to invest on ICO.Can anyone explain me, Have any risk involved invest money on ICO?
It is very risky because, what if the ICO in which you are investing to doesn't succeed. And there are some ICO in which the dev will run with the money people invested in their ico. So somehow ICO are not safe that's why it was ban from China last year.

But in ICO you've got to get the best deal of coins. You can get a lot of bonuses so that's a good thing about ICO though.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:33:57 PM

Yes there are risk involve and it is ranging from you losing your money from price depreciation to its own developers turning out to be a scam. ICOs are a great opportunity to buy something at its cheapest price but the problem is how easily can a person or a group of persons develop their own ICOs sometimes these people really don't have the intent of running the ICO as they end up pumping and dumping their own project. The only thing you can do to protect your money is to do your own research as well as be updated with the latest developments.
ukboss

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 06:12:18 PM

If you want to invest with ICO i think it is a good opportunity for online marketer but all ICO is not good for invest because some ICO will be scam so if you analysis ICO then you can invest with it hope you can make a good money here and it is not risk because if ico fail you can back you seed money.
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:25:59 PM

ICO investment is risky or not, it depends on you. If you have enough knowledge, you can choose a good project such as BABB. If not, you can lose your money.
aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:30:42 PM

I just work on bounty at this moment.But every person have a dream.I have a dream.I want to make a big investor.I want to invest on ICO.Can anyone explain me, Have any risk involved invest money on ICO?

Like in any other investments, investing on ICOs also have some risk. How risky is it? You will understand after spending some time understanding all things you need to face once you throw money on any ICOs. It's possible that you can gained big returns while at the same time, you can also lose big money here if the ICO goes wrong.

Here are some of the risks:

- Since helding an ICO is one of the "fastest" way to gather money, scammers might take advantages on this.
- Distirbution
- To be able to take advantage of the tokens you will received on ICO, it must be listed first on an exchange. Not just an "exchange" but an exchange with big volume.
- Too much hype on the project attracting investors. But in the end, the expectations doesn't reached the reality even for long term.
- etc. etc etc.

You can minimized thoses risks by doing some "quality check" on some of the projects. It will not give you an assurance that they will run successfully in the long run but it might give you some ideas that you are throwing away your money to a project that is worth a shot.

Once you invested on ICO and that project run for long run, don't expect much profit at early phase. Some tokens when listed on exchange are having a slow rise. They also following their roadmaps so don't rush things.
IMHO, The main problem is too much hype and over-promoted by someone. Seriously, the project isn't good as i think,but the Tokens Sold Out just because pumped by big whale. And, another way is Too Easy to make ICO. I dont know that i'm true or not. But you can see many ICOs held with same concept,just differ in name. They promoting around 1-2 months, get the money, go to market for a while and then disappear. And, not for a long time, same project with different name and team come. And, the fire-cycle just round again.  Grin Grin

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Sumaiya55

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:31:11 PM

I just work on bounty at this moment.But every person have a dream.I have a dream.I want to make a big investor.I want to invest on ICO.Can anyone explain me, Have any risk involved invest money on ICO?

Nothing with high profit potential comes without risk. If there is anything if world that can give you a lot, then it probably has some risk associated with it. If you don't want risk, then don't get into all this, because ICOs are not always successful, and if you invest in one and it gets failed then you probably will lose you capital.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:36:42 PM

There are a lot of coins are available in crypto market. Investment on ico is risky now. Day by day new coin is coming but all are not good for investment. You should choice potential coin. You should see their terms, white paper, team and others thing for choosing right one.

Everything that relates or have crypto attached to it is risky. It so bad that merely holding the coin in your wallet is sometimes risky than more than investing in ICO. The current price crash has taught us that because just holding in your wallet have witnessed some drop in value of your coins. Its true that ICO is risky but with proper studying, due diligence and taking note some salient features, that risk can be minimized to a large extent.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:34:15 PM

I just work on bounty at this moment.But every person have a dream.I have a dream.I want to make a big investor.I want to invest on ICO. Can anyone explain me, Have any risk involved invest money on ICO?
There are three main risks about ICOs. First one is that people are planning a project for real, they draw up a plan, attract people, investors and companies and raise needed funds, but the whole project might be a failure and doesn't bring money, so investors don't gain much. Second one, needed amount of money haven't been reached, so the project can't be launched, in this case, if everything is fair you get your money back, but you wasted your time, which might be even more important. And the third scenario, which is fairly probable, there was no project planning from the very beginning, some people just wanted to take the money from the crowd. Hence, to make a good investment being good at economics and business isn't enough, you should also read people like the book.
Nasty23

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:44:08 PM

Everything that relates or have crypto attached to it is risky. It so bad that merely holding the coin in your wallet is sometimes risky than more than investing in ICO. The current price crash has taught us that because just holding in your wallet have witnessed some drop in value of your coins. Its true that ICO is risky but with proper studying, due diligence and taking note some salient features, that risk can be minimized to a large extent.
I agree with you that joining ICO is risky because we don't know what will happen in the future and if the team behind it would become hardworking for it. It is important to us to study first the ICO so that we don't regret for the results of it in the future and we didn't become also an panic seller if the price of it will decrease because you know that this coin will give you a big profit in the future.

sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:47:38 PM

Investing in ICO is the riskiest way to invest your money but it could bring you the highest reward. You practically give youre money to someone you dont personally know on a promisse that he will do something that will bring you profit. And all of this on a not regulated market so if he simply decides to go away with the money nobody can do anything to him.
So invest in ICO only what you can loose and invest in a bunch of them. And before doing this do a detailed research and be sure that the team members are back-up at least by a public person with a good reputation.

nabilanur (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:34:55 PM

Based from your knowledge about ICOs, i would suggest you to stay away from any ICOs because you have no idea how ICOs are.
Fyi, risks are involved in all investments.
yea,I also tell it.many ICOs come market daily.I se some big was fail.since I am a bounty hunter.I work some icos.But some time I see few icos is very successful and come market very fast and their coin price is very profitable like datum.
nabilanur (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:40:07 PM

All ICOs admin tell their ICOs will come good exchangers or see our future plan or see our rodmap etc.so I think, it's make me very confessed for investment.Moreover I see some icos have good roadmap but they can't come on right time on good exchange.Some time it's make me disappointed.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:03:20 PM

yes investing in ICO is really risky especially if you will not make proper evaluation in that ICO before making such investment. I've heard a lot of successful ICO running in the crypto market but I've also seen those who failed and did not make to survive. If you want to try ICO investment better make some good research on the project and make a wise decision because if you failed surely you will lose big amount of money
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:05:12 PM

Nothing with high profit potential comes without risk. If there is anything if world that can give you a lot, then it probably has some risk associated with it. If you don't want risk, then don't get into all this, because ICOs are not always successful, and if you invest in one and it gets failed then you probably will lose you capital.

As they say, high risk comes with high reward. It's true that there's high potential in investing in ICOs because in fact, you get to buy at a whole lot cheaper price. However, there is the probability of losing your money and investment because not all ICOs are legit or sometimes the coin never makes it in the market. And even if it does, there's no guarantee that it would be of high value - your coin may possibly depreciate after some time because some ICOs are created just to pump and dump a coin and once the developers have already profited, the project is abandoned and coin is no longer of use.

sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:24:30 PM

I've heard some few accusations about Some ICOs like it is a scam and ponzi scheme and I believe thos is really risky for those people who only depend their invesrment as to what other people say and if they will not make some research to have a good personal judgement as to success of a certain project chances are they might incurred loss. ICO for me are more risky than trading and even gambling so people must be very careful

VALDEMAR PREST

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:27:32 PM

Good day! I've been thinking about that would be an investor! So how do I do the company's generosity, and came to the conclusion that many coins after the ICO is very much up in price! And thinking about investments ! However! It is very risky! I think that investing in the first round is stupid! clear will continue the project or not! but first rounda PRE-ICO are large skidki 25-30% is beneficial but a very big RISK! I think it's safer to have to buy in a tvory round sales Tokinov! even with a smaller discount! But the second round is already evident that for the project, and what is he doing! And evaluating how many have built the project, its scope, roadmap, it will be possible to invest and wait for Tokinov the stock market!
reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:24:52 PM

Many investors let themselves be tempted by the promise of tremendous returns, but they are not sufficiently aware that this is a development that is still very much in its infancy. As with the Internet bubble at the beginning of the century, the promise of new business models enabled by new technology – in this case blockchain technology – generates the risk of overoptimistic expectations. It is very likely that these expectations will not be realised. The reality is that the projects in an ICO are in a very early stage of development, meaning that it is highly uncertain whether the promised plans can be realised. And even if they are realised, there is a high risk that the ultimate value of the product or service will be far too low in comparison to the amount invested. Furthermore, the underlying blockchain technology is itself still in the development phase, meaning that there are real risks of errors in the code or theft of the tokens. This could lead to permanent loss of the tokens, or access to the tokens.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:30:35 PM

I've heard some few accusations about Some ICOs like it is a scam and ponzi scheme and I believe thos is really risky for those people who only depend their invesrment as to what other people say and if they will not make some research to have a good personal judgement as to success of a certain project chances are they might incurred loss. ICO for me are more risky than trading and even gambling so people must be very careful
therefore there is a great deal of decreased confidence in ico. and even then the impact is considerable on the price of bitcoin and other digital assets. there may be many good projects that are becoming less desirable because of the many ponzi and scam schemes ,, I regret this.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: