Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:09:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless  (Read 3606 times)
Pemburu1

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:56:31 PM

Dude, bitcoin is still fairly new to this world, you can't expect it to be perfect and accepted by everyone within a few years of existence. Sure, there are some problems but you have alt-coin like ETH, use that instead until BTC is sorted out, because if majority goes over to ETH and those who are slowing btc down see that, they'll start pushing for improvement.
yes, it all takes a process to make bitcoin easily accepted by everyone, not everything goes perfectly, there must be advantages and disadvantages for bitcoin users.

━━▐|     LASER    |▌━━     BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS     ━━▐|     LASER    |▌━━
A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
Medium      Twitter      Reddit      ■■      WHITEPAPER      ■■      Telegram      Facebook      Instagram
burong1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:36:22 AM

For now, I think the best use for Bitcoin is just investing instead of transferring funds because of its fees and tat for confirmations.
why many people think that bitcoin is useless, for me i should be real i dont think bitcoin is useless because if bitcoin is useless why this business is more famous than other, it more popular than they first encounter bitcoin and also its not useless because throuh bitcoin they can earn money that they cannot have when they don't know about bitcoin, bitcoin is a life changer so that for me its not useless.

Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:48:59 AM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

UPDATE 29/01/2018:
Few points were made here that are unfair:

1. Bitcoin is a first one, its revolutionary and so on and so forth, wrong, Bitcoin is a client that is build on top of practices that were developed and test long time before Bitcoin e.g. Proof of Work, Hashcash, eCash, bit gold, Merkle Tree, Peer-to-Peer,Byzantine fault tolerance etc.

2. Bitcoin is still in development and it needs a time and so on and so forth, really? its a 10 years old technology. Its usage is very easy predictable, no rocket science here. Scailibility problems were addressed long time ago. But like in every corrupted government, Bitcoin has biased devs, greedy miners and exchanges driven by capitalists. Why to care about tech? When everyone is just become wealthy on nothing. This is why its scam and this is how it become useless, because everyone only cares about price, not utility on day-to-day basis. Typical ponzi game.

3. Bitcoin is store of value, fake as is. Everything that has Blockchain underneath is store of value, Bitcoin is neither exception nor unique here. And again it has no value, because there is no utility. Remove exchanges from equation, and tell me how much BTC will be worth 1 pizza?
Then quit ! If you think that bitcoin is useless . For me bitcoinis very important and what did you say again? It takes hour to transact? Lol are you kidding? This bitcoin is the best and fastes way to transact your money into someone just be patient sometimes.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:38:06 AM

I don't really think that it is useless just because there are too many downside from it,
There are many people who are earning from it so for me it isn't really useless there are people who are earning their daily needs from bitcoin,
And there are also some students who are using it to continue or support their studies.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:57:48 AM

I object to this. Because if bitcoin is useless, there is no reason for it to be worth today, which is unreasonable. Bitcoin is really bringing new developments to countries in the third world where the economy is extremely difficult to obtain foreign aid. Bitcoin has pioneered the later creation of the cryptocurrency market, which is truly a wonderful thing.
Hooda_64

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:02:57 AM

Bitcoin has changed many things and it's a new innovative idea and it is working right now. We cannot say it useless. But yes there are many things to resolve in it. But it has changed the way. And showed us a new path to work on.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:27:46 AM

2. Fees are high
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

what? no its not. bitcoin cannot be a useless because there is so many people who been really rich because of bitcoin so what is your problem with it and what a trash question.

I think below quote of Warren buffet will open your eyes.
"Price is what you pay. Value is what you get. "

He is in post talking about the value of bitcoin but you are telling him the price of bitcoin.

I also think BTC will act as a collateral to buy other currencies, Commissions are so high in BTC transaction, you cannot think of doing any small transaction on it.

I am alive
vsyc (OP)

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:23:05 AM

Bitcoin will never become a useless,  many transaction bitcoin is the number 1 used, and thats why bitcoin never become a useless,  try to understand everything in crypto.
Bitcoin is actually the top rated coin in the world of crypto currencies and there is no other crypto coin which is having this much of worth as is of the bitcoin.

Bitcoin is not at useless in any case. In fact, it is one of the best thing this world has come to know and it is really playing a very constructive role in making this world far better economically and financially. It is also playing a key role in eliminating the poverty and unemployment from this world.

Bunch of useless words with no concrete utility. Typical Bitcoin "it has price, but it useless". Typical ponzi game.
If you are claiming bitcoin as useless coin in term of spending it in order to have different sort of things, then for now you may be right. But in reality, bitcoin is not at all useless as there is a huge number of people who are busy in changing their lives and that too only because of bitcoin. Bitcoin is the next big thing this world will going to see and it will make wonders to this world. We just need to wait and watch.

Again, no utility, just useless combination of words with no backing facts. If some one says "wait for wonders", it sounds like typical ponzi game.
vsyc (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:25:39 AM

2. Fees are high
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

UPDATE 29/01/2018:
Few points were made here that are unfair:

1. Bitcoin is a first one, its revolutionary and so on and so forth, wrong, Bitcoin is a client that is build on top of practices that were developed and test long time before Bitcoin e.g. Proof of Work, Hashcash, eCash, bit gold, Merkle Tree, Peer-to-Peer,Byzantine fault tolerance etc.

2. Bitcoin is still in development and it needs a time and so on and so forth, really? its a 10 years old technology. Its usage is very easy predictable, no rocket science here. Scailibility problems were addressed long time ago. But like in every corrupted government, Bitcoin has biased devs, greedy miners and exchanges driven by capitalists. Why to care about tech? When everyone is just become wealthy on nothing. This is why its scam and this is how it become useless, because everyone only cares about price, not utility on day-to-day basis. Typical ponzi game.

3. Bitcoin is store of value, fake as is. Everything that has Blockchain underneath is store of value, Bitcoin is neither exception nor unique here. And again it has no value, because there is no utility. Remove exchanges from equation, and tell me how much BTC will be worth 1 pizza?
Then quit ! If you think that bitcoin is useless . For me bitcoinis very important and what did you say again? It takes hour to transact? Lol are you kidding? This bitcoin is the best and fastes way to transact your money into someone just be patient sometimes.

A typical example when people do not accept reality as is.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:31:54 AM

It may not be the currency we expected as it is. Since the price of bitcoin rose up to 4 digits, the transactions became more slower and slower. And with that, I think you can say it is useless but the worth of it is not a joke. It is used by a lot of traders and investors to earn good profits through time. I do not know when will be bitcoin be used as a mainstream currency, but for now let's just use it as an asset.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:36:01 AM

Bitcoin has changed many things and it's a new innovative idea and it is working right now. We cannot say it useless. But yes there are many things to resolve in it. But it has changed the way. And showed us a new path to work on.

Is there any coin that we can say perfect? Even fiat money is not so I don't think bitcoin is useless. Basically its technology is one of the best I've ever seen, yes there is a problem but can't you see bitcoin exist for almost a decade now this mean that people really love this new technology. Bitcoin will never be perfect because people will not stop criticizing this, not unless they make money by criticizing. 
Alalex

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:36:13 AM

Bitcoin is very useful although bitcoin prices are now declining ..

Bitcoin is useful and very profitable in cripto money exchange in digital money market.

I think you are a person who is collecting coin bitcoin money, why would you collect btc money if btc money is useless.

So this is proof that bitcoin is very useful for all people because it can be exchanged with other cripto coin with a price that matches the money that exists in our country.

Despite the current price of cripto money, not only bitcoin which decreased the price of other coins are also still in a state of down value of the purchase price of coin cripto.

Some bang in my country is still useful cripto money exchange.

So bitcoin is very useful and can be used to exchange cash assets cripto.

vsyc (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:38:52 AM

Bitcoin is very useful although bitcoin prices are now declining ..

Bitcoin is useful and very profitable in cripto money exchange in digital money market.

I think you are a person who is collecting coin bitcoin money, why would you collect btc money if btc money is useless.

So this is proof that bitcoin is very useful for all people because it can be exchanged with other cripto coin with a price that matches the money that exists in our country.

Despite the current price of cripto money, not only bitcoin which decreased the price of other coins are also still in a state of down value of the purchase price of coin cripto.

Some bang in my country is still useful cripto money exchange.

So bitcoin is very useful and can be used to exchange cash assets cripto.

No utility in your post.
Lora_ng15

Activity: 452
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 10:39:31 AM

I agree that bitcoin is useless, but if you keep it for many years on your wallet, you can get a big profit

┈┈┈┈┈ WOWSECRET┈┈┈┈┈
● In WowSecret we trust ●
┈┈┈┈┈ https://www.wow-secret.com ┈┈┈┈┈
vsyc (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:42:04 AM

Bitcointalk, and many other crypto related forums are heavily manipulated by bots, the amount of useless posts and conversation is just crazy. Even look at this thread, so much messages about "it will make me reach", "it growing", "I am going to be wealthy" so much manipulation, only in ponzi game this possible.

No real conversation.
Masongrae

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:06:37 AM

I dont think so, bitcoin is very useful, and a big big help to everyone specially to needy people, even students who needs financial support for their studies, they just need to have knowledge about it, and they can also start with nothing or without paying anything to get involve with bitcoin which can support financial needs and have a better living.

▬▬[  Imperium Platform  ] ▬▬   
▌Decentralized Crypto Exchange & Lending Platform▐
▬▬  PUBLIC SALE STARTS AUGUST 19th ▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Facebook| ▬▬
eyebags1994

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:25:54 AM

Bitcoin is useless.. No its not. That's not really true because if that's true bitcoin will not grow as big as  we are now:-)
It helps a lot of people .I change a lot of people lives . so how come its useless. For me its a big no.
vsyc (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:55:35 AM

Bitcoin is useless.. No its not. That's not really true because if that's true bitcoin will not grow as big as  we are now:-)
It helps a lot of people .I change a lot of people lives . so how come its useless. For me its a big no.

Yes, it put a lot of people lives on danger.
marites

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:10:44 PM

Maybe your right but..
If we dont take the risk we will not know the answer.
For me bitcoin is very useful thing it will help your financial problem. Just believe and have a patience.
vsyc (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:26:24 PM

Maybe your right but..
If we dont take the risk we will not know the answer.
For me bitcoin is very useful thing it will help your financial problem. Just believe and have a patience.

You have to know answer, not take risks. "Just believe" is what exactly ponzi schemes about.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: