Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:16:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless  (Read 3603 times)
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:36:43 AM

Why such its useless. Please turn yourself to brighter side, looking back from where bitcoin is not yet evolved. Money is hard to find. Usually i need to make more efforts using my physical strenght to earn my daily income. But now, i just simply turn my pc and sitting pretty, make a quality post or join to daily trading, somehow it works.Wink Earning money is much simplier;)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:52:30 AM

No, because bitcoin helps us to ivest and gain money. It helps a lot of people. You just have a knowlege about how it grows and helps us.

I think the OP is not pointing that out since he is talking about something that do not connect with earning. He is saying that bitcoin is useless since there is a lot of ICO or altcoins that are aiming to help or to do something than bitcoin that is being popular because it is expensive and still being expensive.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bubble pop

Activity: 265

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:04:16 AM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

UPDATE 12/02/2018:

As this forum full of bots, I will emphasize one question from the user:

Ok, for all of you that insist that Bitcoin is not useless, tell me!

What do you use Bitcoin for?

Please don't tell me what it could be used for or how other people might use it. I want to know how you use it. Also, please don't tell me about trading or hodling. Those are not uses.

Hope to get constructive answers.

UPDATE 11/02/2018:

One by one, it becomes recognizable that Bitcoin at this stage is very useless. DarkNet, is the one who started one, and the one who will make a dump: https://cointelegraph.com/news/is-darknet-done-with-bitcoin

This is a very worried signal

UPDATE 30/01/2018:

Bitcointalk, and many other crypto related forums are heavily manipulated by bots, the amount of useless posts and conversation is just crazy. Even look at this thread, so much messages about "it will make me reach", "it growing", "I am going to be wealthy" so much manipulation, only in ponzi game this possible. It proves just on how bitcoin is useless, because 90% of people just copy paste message from bots, even not knowing basic fundamentals.

UPDATE 29/01/2018:
Few points were made here that are unfair:

1. Bitcoin is a first one, its revolutionary and so on and so forth, wrong, Bitcoin is a client that is build on top of practices that were developed and test long time before Bitcoin e.g. Proof of Work, Hashcash, eCash, bit gold, Merkle Tree, Peer-to-Peer,Byzantine fault tolerance etc.

2. Bitcoin is still in development and it needs a time and so on and so forth, really? its a 10 years old technology. Its usage is very easy predictable, no rocket science here. Scailibility problems were addressed long time ago. But like in every corrupted government, Bitcoin has biased devs, greedy miners and exchanges driven by capitalists. Why to care about tech? When everyone is just become wealthy on nothing. This is why its scam and this is how it become useless, because everyone only cares about price, not utility on day-to-day basis. Typical ponzi game.

3. Bitcoin is store of value, fake as is. Everything that has Blockchain underneath is store of value, Bitcoin is neither exception nor unique here. And again it has no value, because there is no utility. Remove exchanges from equation, and tell me how much BTC will be worth 1 pizza?

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.
I respect your own opinion but I'm not agree with you. Bitcoin for me is very useful I assure you that. I'm a bitcoin user and I know what are things that bitcoin benefits to us. Bitcoin is were we used to gain money and profit. It gives occupation to those people who unemployed and don't have the capability to work for their self or family. Think about the brighter side.
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:18:32 AM

That's not what the OP meant, bitcoin by being useless is because there is no actual use after its creation, you imagine transaction cost is higher than paying what you get, i'd stick using fiat for transaction than using bitcoin. Yes bitcoin gave a lot of fortune and wealth to a lot of people but its practical use and function is still unknown.

If there's no actual use after its creation then why did it pumped to $20k from last year? And also why there are now companies wanted to use this cryptocurrency.
It is higher, simple, its the highest crpytocurrency in the market right now, so its just all marketing strategy. Sticking with fiat? Good luck with that.
Its not unknown, its just that you're not familiar with its utilization yet.

why would you say its useless if you does'nt know about bitcoin as far as i'm concern bitcoin brings as a lot of benefits and it is very east to transact by networking and it is very useful to us who experience about bitcoin.

There are no 'a lot of benefits'. Although I can tell that it is the highest cryptocurrency yet, and t reached $20k last year. But that very convenient still. How can you say that it is very useful, please have examples.
Some are ignorant and some people do this intentionally as they know the glamour and charge that bitcoins are carrying along. They only get frightened with the fact that someday this bitcoin will destroy their whole life. Even it can’t happen, bitcoins never demoralize anyone rather they always there to help. Open chances are broad casted to everyone that whosoever want to change the life, just take a start.
19spawnfeed

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:44:44 PM

If you think Bitcoin are useless why are you still there? Deep inside u know how is Bitcoin very useful and you are one of them got benefits through Bitcoin. Im thankful there is Bitcoin that can support my daily needs and thats why Bitcoin are very useful for me.
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:52:51 PM

As per my understanding Bitcoin is just small part of blockchain technology as a whole (like email vs Internet) Whatever goes with BTC blockchain will be a disruptive technology in the future.

Everyone has the right to free speech, and you can say your opinion on any issue.

I think the best use of bitcoin is investment, not diversion.

Yes everyone has every right to speach but we should be aware of what we are saying. It may be positive to you but negative in the perspective of others.
Bitcoin is never useless. It had been so helpful for people who are economically and financially unstable. This is used for investment and even payment.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:15:55 PM

2. Fees are high
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

UPDATE 12/02/2018:

Please don't tell me what it could be used for or how other people might use it. I want to know how you use it. Also, please don't tell me about trading or hodling. Those are not uses.

UPDATE 11/02/2018:

One by one, it becomes recognizable that Bitcoin at this stage is very useless. DarkNet, is the one who started one, and the one who will make a dump: https://cointelegraph.com/news/is-darknet-done-with-bitcoin

UPDATE 30/01/2018:

Bitcointalk, and many other crypto related forums are heavily manipulated by bots, the amount of useless posts and conversation is just crazy. Even look at this thread, so much messages about "it will make me reach", "it growing", "I am going to be wealthy" so much manipulation, only in ponzi game this possible. It proves just on how bitcoin is useless, because 90% of people just copy paste message from bots, even not knowing basic fundamentals.

UPDATE 29/01/2018:

1. Bitcoin is a first one, its revolutionary and so on and so forth, wrong, Bitcoin is a client that is build on top of practices that were developed and test long time before Bitcoin e.g. Proof of Work, Hashcash, eCash, bit gold, Merkle Tree, Peer-to-Peer,Byzantine fault tolerance etc.

2. Bitcoin is still in development and it needs a time and so on and so forth, really? its a 10 years old technology. Its usage is very easy predictable, no rocket science here. Scailibility problems were addressed long time ago. But like in every corrupted government, Bitcoin has biased devs, greedy miners and exchanges driven by capitalists. Why to care about tech? When everyone is just become wealthy on nothing. This is why its scam and this is how it become useless, because everyone only cares about price, not utility on day-to-day basis. Typical ponzi game.

3. Bitcoin is store of value, fake as is. Everything that has Blockchain underneath is store of value, Bitcoin is neither exception nor unique here. And again it has no value, because there is no utility. Remove exchanges from equation, and tell me how much BTC will be worth 1 pizza?

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.
It is not useless , bitcoin for me is useful. Thats why I continue working with it . I am amaze how it helps me with my daily expenses. It never failed and the way it helps others too. It is widely important since people now a days are been stayed in computers and they used it in everyday life purposes like paying bills aand many more .
UzumakiSakuragi

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:06:15 PM

I respect your point of view when it comes to bitcoin. It wasn't entirely useless if a lot of people are benefiting from it. A lot of people get rich because of bitcoin and I think it is quite rude to say it was useless.

You said it right! I'm one of those people who get benefit from bitcoin.infact my children pay their tuitions out of what they earned fron Bitcoin..

Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 06:05:18 PM

If bitcoin is useless that's mean that 10K of price and big money and hype around bitcoin is just a dream Grin It's very funny to read threads like this haha.

allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:42:16 PM

If bitcoin is useless that's mean that 10K of price and big money and hype around bitcoin is just a dream Grin It's very funny to read threads like this haha.
every word of a person who speaks of bitcoin is bad, an impudent lie. I think that all these people work and earn thanks to Bitcoin, but at the same time they write negative things.
vsyc (OP)

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:10:52 PM

every word of a person who speaks of bitcoin is bad, an impudent lie. I think that all these people work and earn thanks to Bitcoin, but at the same time they write negative things.

Want to see you, giving back losses to those, who put in circa 20k
alexmuro

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:34:19 PM

LOL. This problems you have pointed is just being ignored by its users. You know why? Because it has been very profitable, of course RISK will always be there, but it is nothing compared to the price you can get.
Yeah, right. I never think bitcoin is useless, since many people had already gained extra income out from it. If its useless, why many people are still using or investing on it?  Bitcoin is the answer to the prayers of some unemployed and less fortunate people around the globe. They can earn money from bitcoin through joining in a bounty campaign or signature campaign.
mbluxs

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:38:21 PM

when you say it means your bitcoin learning about bitcoin is still not wide and wide because if you think it is useless then why so many people are looking and why is the price so expensive?
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:57:02 AM

some answers are sarcasm. Yet bitcoin is useless it is just an cryptocurrency or digi currency that could not be able to buy any goods, services or products. Yes bitcoin is useless in that particular area. However bitcoin is not all about an alternative to fiat money. It is all about investment with higher rate of doubling your money through a period of time. There are many individuals become wealthy in bitcoin investment. So if they became wealthy that is the time bitcoin showcase its importance.
Zeque02

Activity: 490

Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:16:50 AM

You are talking about well known weaknesses of the system, and for sure they are - at present - a big problem.
But they can be solved in future, so you can't call bitcoin a scam just because it's not still perfect.

It's like saying that a patent for an item is a scam, no one as of yet is claiming that bitcoin is the finished article and worthy of being considered to be the 'best' thing ever. It will take some time and lots of improvements, but the potential is there and investors will see that.

Bitcoin is not useless, most especially now though its not that very known and accepted to all still it is usable just like loading through your online wallet, transacting payments or sending money to someone is hasslefree, all you need to do is just read it carefully what to do after a short minute it will send to your receiver. It's not useless because many people get extra income through this. It gives job to those who are willing to give time for it. After all you can received profit as long as you are good.

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀     |  Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |     ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
wolfgang56

Activity: 248

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:49:53 AM

2. Fees are high

It is so funny that you are still here yet you believe than bitcoin is a scam. How can you believe on something that gives you some benefits like earning for living. Maybe for you it didn't work but for us who earned from bitcoin and by doing this I don't really see the point of being "scam" as what you've said.

noriksiayol

Activity: 123

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:33:34 AM

Bitcoin is not actually a useless, despite of the negative issues that found in bitcoin but still bitcoin strongly stand with good contribution to people and economic development. We are free to share different opinion and different ideas that fit to the situation of bitcoin business. Being a new member, I am totally learn bitcoin situation as what my friends telling me about bitcoin, that's why I am starting to view about bitcoin business.
fishball

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:03:25 AM

2. Fees are high

UPDATE 12/02/2018:

UPDATE 11/02/2018:

UPDATE 30/01/2018:

UPDATE 29/01/2018:

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

This shouldn't be a topic here. Well since most of the bitcoiners ignore this due to the fact that bitcoin has already helped numerous people around the world. Taking risks is part of our lives, making us better and wiser! GODBLESS YOU AND BITCOIN OF COURSE.
amzadabir

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:20:27 AM

Bitcoin is not available directly from the money. The recent growth in the price of betacan is a good news for many Bitcoin investors, but it will be considered as a death penalty for the effective quality of Bitcoin. As the price continues to reach new record levels, it becomes obvious that Bitcoin is meaningless for anything other than speculation.

Back to Satoshi Nakamoto's original white paper, Bitcoin is presented as "a peer-to-peer electronic cash system", from an "electronic coin" fraud that will be controlled by the financial space that replaces the transfer of money, and which will be almost antidote.
vsyc (OP)

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:10:59 PM

So, can I get real opinion, not bots?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: