Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:38:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when you are over 50% lose on your trades?  (Read 1322 times)
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:53:55 PM

What you could do is that you could buy the same coins more if their prices fall more so that you could adjust your losses when their prices increase once again. But what should be considered is to see that whether the coins you have invested are worth full or not.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:14:30 PM

Cutting a 50% loss is too much.. Instead, just forget about that trade and focus on another opportunity for now.. You can check on it from time to time in case price has improved.
Bouncing back from 50% loss is not impossible in crypto market trading world, you can clearly see that some coins rebat with 100% gain on its price based on my little experience on trading, I'm not that good or expert with this kind of trading but I manage to witness some coins pumps over 100+ percent like bitcoin and eth over a short period of time. Holding the right coin is the key for you to cover all the loss of 50% because if you manage to hold some useless coins from PD and scammer groups then you may have to shift to another genuine crypto.

Yes, not all coins that have over 50% would mean that it is a shitcoin. With this kind of market and considering the nature of altcoins, it's quite possible to recover from that. You may be surprised by how fast the market moves.

My suggestion to OP if he really is determined to hold for long term is to avoid letting his emotions get to him. A 50% loss is huge, and he may resort to panic selling if he ever he suddenly feels depressed and the need to cut his losses. Just continue to hodling if you truly believe that this coin is worth for long term investment.

titusha

Activity: 246
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 11:30:43 PM

I had a similar situation when, after problems on the exchange, the BTS-e froze half of the etherium. Already passed more than six months, but this amount I never returned ((
But there was more motivation to increase the remaining half and I did it!
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:39:51 PM

The first thing I do when this happens is to try to relax and not get carried away by the complaints, then I try to understand what I did wrong, if i missed the train, did not know the right time of entry or exit, i try to readjust my goals and visions. Wait and accept the flexibility of the market this is the tip.

This happened to me so many times, I feel broke of course at the first time but since I am a person who not give up easily I tried to figure it out what was wrong on my trading decision, and it all happened because of lack of knowledge and experience. Sometimes we need to experience this for us to learn and keep ourselves to push further, just keep in your mind that this is not the end of your journey there will always tomorrow better get your ass up and do better next time.
Roachgo04

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:46:18 AM

Sorry for your lost money. Just take it easy my friend. You have two option (1) hold your current portfolio or  (2) accept that lost the trade and execute cut loss strategy. The first one 50% lost on portfolio can be reverse for many years if you want to hold your portfolio. If execute the 2nd strategy accept the lost and trade better next time the probability that you can earn is better. I would choose cut lost, but the next trade just make sure you make adjustment on your strategy. Study harder on trading specifically technical and fundamental analysis. Set also on how much lost you can afford (set your cutloss and follow it religiously)
youngcelebrity

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:51:00 AM

if you in this dip, then hold, but really you got to know when to close your trade
for example, if you close in -10%, and rate goes down 40% more and you buy the dip, even if it recovers just 20% you are already in profit
2stout

Activity: 2338
Merit: 585

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:55:31 AM

HODL!  Hopefully you didn't invest more than you could afford to lose and don't need the funds anytime too soon.
Fwakata

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:00:02 AM

There will be losses.  Yoy are definitely not alone.  If you want to protect yourself better you can always set a 10% stop loss from your initial buy on the exchanges. Stick with a strategy. Trade or invest!
Anita1873

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:06:27 AM

I have to wait to recover as this market have huge volatility and it gives opportunities in both sides. If i am in losses, i have to wait for the market to cool down and start moving in upward direction and then decide to sell.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
cyyap95

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:12:51 AM

Why do newbs have such mindset "never sell their coin when it's in negative"?

You know your negatively performing coins are not going to recover because they failed at the most fundamental level,
they are meant to be just a pump and dump coin, not selling your loss just because they're in lost and hoping for a recovery is plain stupid.

You don't sell something only if you believe they are a good project from the fundamental level but experience a temporary fluctuation.

You should start from learning, then reconsider your investment strategy, here's a blog post that I share a portfolio that I believe is best for the average investor.
kiver

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:17:29 AM

the same thing happened with me last month when was the whole market at depth situation so i had no choice but holding those coins and wait for the right moment and i have to tell to wait it will recover just need more time like it recovered with my holding and sold for on a bitcoin profit so just be patient and best of luck   
seinzein

Activity: 360
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:18:55 AM

Talking about lose, it directly feel worried.
Yups. Usually i make calculation before trading.
How much should i buy and how much will i get the profite.
And of course make a sure prediction. Even sometimes the prediction was wring Cheesy
It means it"s not my lucky time.
And the important thing is, i will not trade a lot of money when i feel doubt.
Yes, i won't do it. Because you know that when i lose, i am difficult to sleep and alway think about that.

chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:34:57 AM

There's nothing you can do except hodling it until the price bouncing back. That's why i've never trade more than i can afford to lose. I always split my capital in case the price keeps dipping. I already bought more altcoins at the last "red waves" and take a rest until the price recovered and pump again. I'm sure if there's an improvement to the project, the price will pump again even more than you expected.
hesham51

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:36:57 AM

I had stick in this situation on Jun lat year, but In made pending order for each coin at the price that i was willing to sale, and I borrow from a friend his extra satoshies  and  I got through some ICOs, and on the mid of  December 2017, all pending orders  hit the target prices and got executed!

I think it was wise decision from my side.
Xylber

Activity: 609
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:38:14 AM

Happened to me the first time I traded, because I didn't do the homework before investing.
rayhaan

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:40:47 AM

If you are a 5-10% loss you can consider a cut and run if you feel it may tank further, but I feel once you are beyond that you need to just settle in for a bag hold unless its an obvious pajeet coin.
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:04:42 AM

I would do research why there is a big price drop. Knowing the reasons could help in analyzing the price trend.  There are so many factors that could result to a downfall.  Others are temporary and there are those that could result to its burning.  A review of the roadmaps are quite helpful too.  Sometimes there are golds at the end of a rainbow if you just follow.  A saying that holds true to some crypto that are considered as tarnish shit but solid gold inside.
Kildin11

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:06:27 AM

the only thing that remains is to wait. the course will be restored, it is only a matter of time. because everything is just beginning. Although, I do not venture to trade, I only invest in ico and prospective projects, it also gives its profit, but it takes less time and nerves.
Nikobitkoint54097

Activity: 182

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:06:50 AM

The main thing is not to sell altcoyins in a drawdown, and keep them until the price again grows! And anyway, when I buy altcoins, and they grow in value, I always sell not all coins, but only some part of them, since they can grow even more!

Targusluxe

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:20:03 AM

On 10th I bought these coins...

QLC             665.39235960        spent 0.04669735 BTC now value 0.02208817                     
DBC           3489.01913490        spent 0.11399558 BTC    now value 0.04789097                     
UTK             999.14623990          spent 0.07351075 BTC now value 0.04367548
TRX         11704.11100000        spent  0.11480700 BTC now value 0.07415842
VTC              43.46405229          spent 0.01995629 BTC now value 0.01713204
MUSIC      6321.99316783          spent 0.04531524 BTC now value 0.02180519

If you notice in all these coins I am in HUGE lose. I am holding this of course. Coz I would never sell my coins in lose. I did in past but learnt my lessons.

How do you handle when you are in my situation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: I regularly invest (taken it seriously recently) in ICOs and keep record of my Invested ICOs. I also made a list of the upcoming ICOs
that I am awaiting to invest. Everyone needs someone's support and so do I. Sharing my ICO SpreedSheet with ICO enthusiasts
help me to improve my knowledge and minimise the risk of my investment. You might also get the same from it.
Feel free to access my SpreedSheet from my Telegram Channel https://t.me/FilteredICOs.    

Dude you have to set your cut loss.. Its just normal if you have a losing trade. No trader is perfect even the pro have losing trade too but in every losing trade that you experience you got to learn from it analyze from your mistakes and it will make you a better trader. Keep on trading learn from your mistakes quiters dont win.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: