Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:54:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when you are over 50% lose on your trades?  (Read 1327 times)
Prince Malik

Activity: 924
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:14:07 AM

About utk for sure you have to hold your coins...i am sure that utk will hit the 1$ and more again,remember that utk is not listed in any magor exchange

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:57:02 AM
Merited by mdayonliner (1)

You should be patient.  I'm sure you were told such a thing millions of times.  Calm down and wait.  The situation is going to change for the best. If the sum you have spent on those coins was all you have,  I'd recommend you not to take such risks in future. Invest no more than 30 % of how much you have.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
letua

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:17:37 PM

I strongly suggest be strong.! Be is always the principles of strong people who can manage their life in struggles and challenges. If you have your coin with you just what I said be strong to hold it. Avoid always watching the price every moment it make you sick I guess. Maybe everything will be well with you in a few days.
skan

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:23:17 PM

yeah just stop following their movement right now because it will just give you unneeded stress. most of the coins are undergoing correction and it looks to be almost over. trx expecially may climb up soon so don't worry, just forget about them and remember, even the millionaires from bitcoin had to wait 7 years.
bottledfireworks

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:40:53 PM

I would still hold them, 50% loss would be too great for me and I wouldn't want to conclude it that way since there are still potential for market to change and will only cut my loss if by some chance that I would need extra money. But as for that situation it would be best to just hold and wait these months are usually bound to have very low value among cryptos but it will eventually go up in no time.
Dmitry_K

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 07:40:45 PM

When you are working on the stock exchange, you always need to use your own trading system. If you work without the system, but only by feeling, then in one day you can lose everything. It's my opinion.
aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:52:56 PM

Honestly it sucks to lose but being stubborn doesn't help your cause either. And it does suck to admit which of your bags isn't as good as the others but you gotta look at the situation honestly. That is the only way you are getting out of this in the best shape. If some of your bags are no good get rid of them now before they become bigger losers and also not every bag can be a mooning bag you know so just keep that in mind don't get your expectations too high. And yes I have sold a coin a -50% before and it was the best decision I made on that coin.

coolcountry

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:57:33 PM

Dare to invest means dare to take risks.
The situation you are experiencing now means you are having bad luck.
Your actions are right with keep in holding them, I will also do the same.
Wait until the value back up, at least exceeded a little of the amount of funds that you spend, after that it is up to you, whether to sell or re still hold if you want to get big profit.

I agree with your overall sentiment, but this piece of advice shouldn't mean that you should be patient forever even if all your coins are in the red. You should keep checking whether something is wrong with your portfolio, check the news, check the graphs and indicators; and if it looks like your portfolio is not going to recover, you should cut your losses and invest in other coins.

The price of your coins is not going to start increasing magically, so you have to make sure (as much as possible) that they are going to rise again. Otherwise, you may hodl forever coins that are going to keep falling and become worthless in the end.

mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:58:02 PM

Today I moved these coins (except music and VTC) to my hardware wallet means I am going to hold these coins for long term.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
lemonscentedbreeze

Activity: 133

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:59:26 PM

I would just hold if I am the one in that situation specially if that 50% of my investment lost in trades are huge. I suggest you refrain from short term trading and wait for your investment to gain profit atleast regaining what you have lost from your previous trades. All you need is patient and a realistic goal for your investments before selling them.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
Jake_Shannen

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:07:37 PM

There's nothing much that you can do about that, you need to be rational about choosing to hold it or sell it already. That's why it is essential to really know the coin you're investing in and to keep yourself posted. What you can do next time is to set an acceptable percentage of loss for your investments or choose a more stable coin. But There's still a chance for you go get profit if you hold.

█▐  REVIZOR 》 CLEARS THE FAILED ICO AND COINS  ▬
▬ █|  pre-ICO: Jan, 27 - ICO: Mar, 3  |█ ▬ (https://revizor-coin.io/)
peleng

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:21:32 PM

I think that the best way out of this situation will be to do nothing and wait for the market to recover. If you do something now, you can lose a lot more money.  Undecided
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:42:07 PM

I want to shout out to the community saying HOLD!

Do not break.

Gelesko

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:52:19 PM

You log off your PC, and enjoy your life without crypto.

Seriously.

Maybe check CMC once a week and you will eventually be in the green - it could take a week or a year.
Agree on switching off computer. But I don't think enjoying life is the way you will live ) All you will think of, is ur crypto investment and will switch on computer back very quickly. I was in that kind of situation, but not crypto (well markets all the same staff) My advise, find yourself a hobby. Start going to the gym or running, or whatever u up to. Get ur head in other direction, leave crypto alone for a while. So you could see everything in couple of weeks/month with clear head! Do not panic, it will make it even worse, you will start selling (not at the right prices), then buying (not at the right prices) and you will make even more losses, if not lose everything. Good Luck to u, fingers crossed

dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:53:46 PM

What I DO? NADA!! 50% is just normal volatility, so nothing to be concerned about.. 80-90% is an alarm signal...... but 50% come on, this is not the stock market... this is CRYPTO!!! 4EVA
kakawin

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:09:15 PM

You need to wait until the decline ends. If you succumb to panic moods and sell your coins, then you will regret this later.  Cool
AndrZG

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:17:17 PM

Don't sell your coins, everything will be fine. I don't panic because it is just a correction. Now is a good time to buy altcoins.
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:42:03 PM

I just do not look at my wallet right now. I open prices on the phone, I see these red %, I close and continue to do my thing. This, of course, upsets me. And I think in my head that I could sell a lot and buy now is cheaper. But it does not mean anything. I can not return the time. So I'm just waiting & I advise you too.

mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:14:29 PM

Hopefully the market will turn soon.

The question is when the market will turn. It has to turn.

tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:20:41 PM

Hopefully the market will turn soon.

The question is when the market will turn. It has to turn.

The market won't be turning until 6-8 months from now, maybe even much longer. The last time this occurred lasted for 2-2.5 years

Buckle in or gtfo asap
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: