Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:40:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 countries that banned bitcoin  (Read 3324 times)
lester04

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:40:50 PM

Hoping to not ban bitcoin in my country this is the one of my source of income some days bitcoins scams is always in the news. and banks here in my country said that bitcoin is not advisable for daily method of income because it has no permanent amount this is always change and bitcoin is a risky thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ruhul_Amin

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:08:29 PM

The 5 countries that banned bitcoin are:

Bolivia: Back in June 2014, the Bolivian central bank officially banned any currency or coins that aren't regulated by the government. Included in its list of examples was bitcoin. Bolivia's central bank also prohibited its citizens from denominating prices in any currency tha its national institutions haven't previously approved.

Ecuador: Not long after Bolivia's central bank banned bitcoin, Ecuador also removed its welcome mat in July 2014. The country's National Assembly of Ecuador banned bitcoin and other digital currencies while laying the framework for the creation of a new, state-run currency. In other words, the government has the permission to make payments in electronic money, but other digital currencies, like bitcoin, are banned for its citizens.

Kyrgyzstan: In July 2014, the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic made it crystal clear that using bitcoin, or any digital currency, as a form of payment is illegal. The only legal tender in Kyrgyzstan is the som, the country's national currency. The Kyrgyz National Bank cited that bitcoin's lack of governmental backing makes public or private regulation almost impossible.

Bangladesh: Bangladesh also followed suit in September 2014. The Bangladeshi central bank cited bitcoin's lack of a central payment system as the reason behind the ban, which it believes would allow people to be "financially harmed." Long story short -- if you're caught trading in bitcoin in Bangladesh, it could lead to legal trouble under the Foreign Currency Control Act of 1947 and the Money Laundering Control Act of 2012.

Nepal: Though it might not be a well-known fact throughout the country, bitcoin is illegal in Nepal, according to Kedar Prasad Acharya, the deputy director of Nepal Rastra Bank. The Nepalese government banned bitcoin on account of not being able to track its transactions, and it has gone so far as to arrest individuals suspected of trading bitcoin.
Tabatadze

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:03:26 PM

Some countries have banned bitcoin because it is private and not regulated by any government. Many governments believe that it can be used for money laundering.
Counties that have banned bitcoin are:
1.   Bolivia
2.   Ecuador
3.   Bangladesh
4.   Nepal
5.   Kyrgyzstan
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:33:25 AM

Friend, i think you should spread some good news about bitcoin. i saw you often posted about a news thats not good for bitcoin.
banned or not, bitcoin cannot be stopped just by ban it. bitcoin is decentralized system, you cannot stop it because it is spreaded around the world.
Nantusaha

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:16:32 AM

Here are 5 countries that prohibited bitcoin:
1.Iceland.
2.Bangladesh.
3.Bolivia.
4.Equador.
5.Vietnam.
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:22:23 AM

Bitcoin is banned in my country. So the traders from my country usually travel to India, in order to buy or sell Bitcoins. But even in India, things have got tough nowadays. You can't trade their without valid ID proof and other formalities.
invincible49

Activity: 565
Merit: 268

Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:53:43 AM

The 5 countries that banned bitcoin are:

Bolivia: Back in June 2014, the Bolivian central bank officially banned any currency or coins that aren't regulated by the government. Included in its list of examples was bitcoin. Bolivia's central bank also prohibited its citizens from denominating prices in any currency tha its national institutions haven't previously approved.

Ecuador: Not long after Bolivia's central bank banned bitcoin, Ecuador also removed its welcome mat in July 2014. The country's National Assembly of Ecuador banned bitcoin and other digital currencies while laying the framework for the creation of a new, state-run currency. In other words, the government has the permission to make payments in electronic money, but other digital currencies, like bitcoin, are banned for its citizens.

Kyrgyzstan: In July 2014, the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic made it crystal clear that using bitcoin, or any digital currency, as a form of payment is illegal. The only legal tender in Kyrgyzstan is the som, the country's national currency. The Kyrgyz National Bank cited that bitcoin's lack of governmental backing makes public or private regulation almost impossible.

Bangladesh: Bangladesh also followed suit in September 2014. The Bangladeshi central bank cited bitcoin's lack of a central payment system as the reason behind the ban, which it believes would allow people to be "financially harmed." Long story short -- if you're caught trading in bitcoin in Bangladesh, it could lead to legal trouble under the Foreign Currency Control Act of 1947 and the Money Laundering Control Act of 2012.

Nepal: Though it might not be a well-known fact throughout the country, bitcoin is illegal in Nepal, according to Kedar Prasad Acharya, the deputy director of Nepal Rastra Bank. The Nepalese government banned bitcoin on account of not being able to track its transactions, and it has gone so far as to arrest individuals suspected of trading bitcoin.

Wikipedia provided those information long ago. The OP even repeated same old, known shit but you still didn't care to read OP's post and wrote same copy/paste shit in the same thread?! The name of the countries that OP mentioned are all third world countries where governments have no clue whatsoever on how to regulate or monitor technologically advanced currency. After making these initial decisions in 2014 those countries haven't even formed any commission to observe and research about cryptocurrency where other improved, rich countries are trying to adjust their monetary system to adapt the ongoing crypto revolution. Looks like the third world countries are also getting so far behind in this sector too.

dany henry

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:58:07 AM

Most countries that has banned bitcoin was those strict countries that its government would like to be the top of all economic related transactions that could generate taxes and other profits for the sake of the economy. And another factor is that the usage of cryptocurrency for crime purposes.
jeluhtajem

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:33:38 AM

many countries ban ico and the speculation, but they are looking forward to the blockchain technology and is developing it very fast, only more people know about bitcoin and there is a way to protect bitcoin from cryminals, can cryptos be free across the world.
tumokatok

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:21:52 AM

Currently there are 5 countries banned bitcoin use are: vietnam, china, singapore, korea, nga. These countries have declared BTC an illegal encoding because there is no BTC regulator and this has affected national security.

hopefully there is a good development to be able to make payments using bitcoin. And it's horrible, hopefully in some countries that care about the development of the world of technology still legalize bitcoin
TheSpark

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:50:55 PM

Despite all these prohibitions bitcoin protects itself and it keep rises but such prohibitions are temporary and absolutely the ban will take off
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:54:36 PM

I do not care much about that, in my country, Bitcoin and the Altcoin are not recommended for use! But I am still and are using as part of internet payments!
Larrymili

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 02:01:23 PM

We are looking forward for development not backwardness, banning crypto is at their own risk because crypto is boosting our own country economy right now, and i believe that time shall come the 5 countries than ban crypto will start regretting
ALI AKBAR

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 04:30:57 PM

When Bitcoin started, many countries accepted it and some countries banned it from using it in their country opposing it. Some countries think that it is a threat to the country's economy. Some others think that it only uses fraud. That's why they banned it. The five countries which have banned it are Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, South Korea.
vilello

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:39:06 AM

I think it will only last for a while. However we should always keep up with technological developments, if we do not follow, then we will be left far behind. So just wait for a few years.
thevlox

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:04:04 AM

Many countries are being bitten by this bitcoin Those who actually make bitcoin, they are fools.This country are baned Bitcoin
 1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal
 particular, Bangla desh and Nepal have been made very difficult by law.
 But in my opinion this bitcoin should not be banned because it uses a better currency as a result desh will be better.
tanginamoo

Activity: 276

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:52:00 PM

1.Iceland.
2.Bangladesh.
3.Bolivia.
4.Equador.
5.Vietnam.

Additional to your five countries that banned the use of bitcoin is Nepal. Bitcoin is not considered as any type of currency in Nepal, also the exchange of bitcoin in Nepal is considered as illegal.

anussayme

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:02:00 PM

COUNTRIES THAT BANNED BITCOIN

Before we start to our topic this I want to tell that some of you might know about this but I just wanna share this to those who are not.

Several people believe that bitcoin was a blessing and it was an opportunity
for everyone but not everyone shares the sentiment. From central banks and other finance company, Bitcoin's list of detractors runs for a very long time and gone so deep.But most of the government around the world seeks for the regulation of bitcoin.

Be due to fear,ignorance and protectionism, governments have a tendency to legislate against perceived threats.Countries such as japan protects its citizens to have free trade of the digital currency.But unfortunately not all countries embracing the change of our technology.In some cases citizens have had their assets seized,accounts got frozen and have been locked up, Government can't stop the blockchain from propagating, but they can stop their people in having access to it.

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

Like banning drugs,alcohol and other stuffs banning bitcoin sounds nonsensical and unforceable.That's the exact case in five countries:

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal
Countries banned from Bitcoin include my country. In this tiny country, virtual currencies are thought to be causing a lot of economic turmoil, and I think that over the next 20 years new virtual currencies may be legalized in many countries around the world.

It was recently reported in https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-illegal-in-nepal-police-arrest-seven-individuals-for-trading-operations/
that there were dozens of bitcoin and crypto enthusiasts get imprison seemingly guilty of little more than operating a small-scale bitcoin exchange.

Meanwhile Ecuador has outlawed bitcoin, nit because they opposed this crypto but because they want to regulate and control it and tether it with the Ecuadorian dollar.An Electronic money designed to operate ad support monetary scheme dollarization.Completing the naughty list of countries that have banned bitcoin is Kyrgyzstan, a tiny landlocked state in Central Asia,
And Bangladesh banned bitcoin, it was 2014 where Bangladesh bank stated that anyone that will be caught using such online currency could be jailed mostly because it's about "MONEY LAUNDERING".

this was already an old news for updated list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

so what do you think? will your country will ban the use of bitcoin?
do you know other countries that ban the bitcoins?
Please share it and tell to everyone Smiley
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:12:30 PM

1.Iceland.
2.Bangladesh.
3.Bolivia.
4.Equador.
5.Vietnam.

Additional to your five countries that banned the use of bitcoin is Nepal. Bitcoin is not considered as any type of currency in Nepal, also the exchange of bitcoin in Nepal is considered as illegal.
well, I think maybe bitcoin is one of the things that can make their country a loss. but, maybe one day they will again receive bitcoin. well, i hope like that. These 5 countries are also an important point for bitcoin to be used widely in any country

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
zhundy

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:37:12 PM

That depends on point of views of governments. In the truth, no government is taking right decisions in all the time. Don't care too much about government decisions. We didn't create bitcoins, we're getting advantages from something created by someone super genius. Bitcoins is just an opportunity for us. (For me) Bitcoins isn't my life, so, if my country would be be banned bitcoins in the future, I consider it as a lost opportunity and leave away.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: