Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:13:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 countries that banned bitcoin  (Read 3337 times)
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:01:41 PM

COUNTRIES THAT BANNED BITCOIN

Before we start to our topic this I want to tell that some of you might know about this but I just wanna share this to those who are not.

Several people believe that bitcoin was a blessing and it was an opportunity
for everyone but not everyone shares the sentiment. From central banks and other finance company, Bitcoin's list of detractors runs for a very long time and gone so deep.But most of the government around the world seeks for the regulation of bitcoin.

Be due to fear,ignorance and protectionism, governments have a tendency to legislate against perceived threats.Countries such as japan protects its citizens to have free trade of the digital currency.But unfortunately not all countries embracing the change of our technology.In some cases citizens have had their assets seized,accounts got frozen and have been locked up, Government can't stop the blockchain from propagating, but they can stop their people in having access to it.

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

Like banning drugs,alcohol and other stuffs banning bitcoin sounds nonsensical and unforceable.That's the exact case in five countries:

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal

It was recently reported in https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-illegal-in-nepal-police-arrest-seven-individuals-for-trading-operations/
that there were dozens of bitcoin and crypto enthusiasts get imprison seemingly guilty of little more than operating a small-scale bitcoin exchange.

Meanwhile Ecuador has outlawed bitcoin, nit because they opposed this crypto but because they want to regulate and control it and tether it with the Ecuadorian dollar.An Electronic money designed to operate ad support monetary scheme dollarization.Completing the naughty list of countries that have banned bitcoin is Kyrgyzstan, a tiny landlocked state in Central Asia,
And Bangladesh banned bitcoin, it was 2014 where Bangladesh bank stated that anyone that will be caught using such online currency could be jailed mostly because it's about "MONEY LAUNDERING".

this was already an old news for updated list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

so what do you think? will your country will ban the use of bitcoin?
do you know other countries that ban the bitcoins?
Please share it and tell to everyone Smiley
I ever read in some news, that my country Indonesia is not gonna ban bitcoin. But, the government only warn the Indonesian people that invest in bitcoin is a risky investment and we have to be careful.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
RAinery

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:19:45 PM

In my country bitcoin is not prohibited but not also in sahkan. So every country does have its own provisions against bitcoin. But the country that forbids the bitcoin must have its own reasons for that.
monarchy

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:35:03 PM

I think not only the five countries that prohibit bitcoin in my country also bitcoin is strictly forbidden because according to the bitcoin regulation it is a very risky currency if used by its citizens so they ban bitcoin and I wonder why bitcoin is forbidden I think bitcoin is the usual digital currency, maybe they think bitcoin is a criminal so they ban bitcoin and if bitcoin a villain i never hear bitcoin ever kill people
Gummybear67

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:41:36 PM

Before we start to our topic this I want to tell that some of you might know about this but I just wanna share this to those who are not.

for everyone but not everyone shares the sentiment. From central banks and other finance company, Bitcoin's list of detractors runs for a very long time and gone so deep.But most of the government around the world seeks for the regulation of bitcoin.

Be due to fear,ignorance and protectionism, governments have a tendency to legislate against perceived threats.Countries such as japan protects its citizens to have free trade of the digital currency.But unfortunately not all countries embracing the change of our technology.In some cases citizens have had their assets seized,accounts got frozen and have been locked up, Government can't stop the blockchain from propagating, but they can stop their people in having access to it.

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

Like banning drugs,alcohol and other stuffs banning bitcoin sounds nonsensical and unforceable.That's the exact case in five countries:

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal

It was recently reported in https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-illegal-in-nepal-police-arrest-seven-individuals-for-trading-operations/
that there were dozens of bitcoin and crypto enthusiasts get imprison seemingly guilty of little more than operating a small-scale bitcoin exchange.

Meanwhile Ecuador has outlawed bitcoin, nit because they opposed this crypto but because they want to regulate and control it and tether it with the Ecuadorian dollar.An Electronic money designed to operate ad support monetary scheme dollarization.Completing the naughty list of countries that have banned bitcoin is Kyrgyzstan, a tiny landlocked state in Central Asia,
And Bangladesh banned bitcoin, it was 2014 where Bangladesh bank stated that anyone that will be caught using such online currency could be jailed mostly because it's about "MONEY LAUNDERING".

Original question: “Why do countries ban cryptocurrency?”

Cryptocurrencies across the market are plunging because users all around the world fear that trading cryptocurrencies could be banned. The last country that announced a possible ban is South Korea. Officials stated that trading cryptocurrencies could be banned entirely, or at the very least it would be regulated.

This fall affects all cryptocurrencies, not only Bitcoin, which, as the best performing cryptocurrency, has dropped by more than 15%.

South Korea isn’t the first country to ban cryptocurrencies. Last year, countries as Vietnam, China, Bolivia, Ecuador, Kyrgyzstan, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh and North Korea did the same.

What are the main reasons banks and governments in these countries ban cryptocurrencies?

There are two big groups of reasons – one group of reasons is officially stated by almost every aforementioned country: cryptocurrencies are banned because of security issues. The other group of reasons are usually not stated officially but is largely implied. It is directly associated with cryptocurrencies being decentralized: cryptocurrencies allow people to trade directly with each other (peer to peer), cutting out the need for a middleman, which traditionally is a bank.

Security and protection
Using cryptocurrencies has its dark side. Just a couple of days ago, police in South Korea raided the offices of two of the country’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges on suspicions of tax evasion.
The anonymous nature of cryptocurrencies means that it can be used for illegal transactions - such as buying and selling drugs or weaponry. According to central bank officials, cryptocurrencies can also be used for money laundering or terrorism. The case of NHS this year shows that cryptocurrencies allow hackers to request ransom payments and stay anonymous.
Banks generally charge fees for doing absolutely anything that includes money, even when they just hold onto it. Banks have created a high level of trust that your transactions will pass smoothly. But, after the financial crisis in 2008, banks lost some of that trust.

Using blockchain as a digital network, where every single transaction (called a block) is securely linked together makes transactions verifiable, available to everyone and is more immune to hacking than centralized banks. This makes banks totally unnecessary for transactions. This is what motivates them to ban cryptocurrencies altogether.

Virtual currencies are self-governed, meaning they are not controlled by any government, person or a central authority. This makes monitoring almost impossible and poses a threat for government authorities (this was especially true for China).

Finally, using cryptocurrencies is posing a threat to the stability of the national currency in some countries (Indonesia).
It is important to stress that banning cryptocurrencies will only create black markets. They can be declared illegal but it will have no effect on the use of cryptocurrencies due to their decentralized nature. To kill cryptocurrencies altogether, all governments from all over the world would have to ban them.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-countries-banning-crypto-currencies
VK.point

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

(https://exip.live/)

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:20:34 PM

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal

I hope in my country not to ban bitcoin, so that users more comfortable and not in the shadow of fear because it will violate the rules.
 I hope only 5 countries that prohibit bitcoin.  Cry

EXIP (https://www.exip.live/) A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
Bakery cream15

Activity: 89

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:57:07 PM

I do not care for the country that prohibits what bitcoin, while my country agrees with bitcoin so I do not really think about it. Unless the country wants to stop bitcoin, I will help bitcoin if bitcoin wants to stop. But I do not think it can happen because the average country already knows about bitcoin and some are receiving bitcoin.
Gaurav11kb

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:10:01 PM

We all hope that our Country does not ban crypto or Bitcoin. Well in my country, Central bank has pulled banking support from all the exchanges and people are worried that Govt may ban the crypto trading as well. Lets just hope that it doesn't happen and no one else bans crypto.
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:17:48 AM

On the basis of all governments that have a good share for every new thing, maybe the government in a country that forbids Bitcoin has the authority to review the benefits of Bitcoin.
And after they can enlighten the future of Bitcoin, then I'm sure they will not forbid the Bitcoin trade anymore.
banoi

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:21:56 AM

bitcoin that does not grow but collapses so other currencies do not have a door to grow
maivui5411241@gmail.com

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:35:02 AM

These are the developing countries and the evils that happen and they usually come to Bitcoin to launder money. The country therefore prohibits Bitcoin as a safeguard
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:42:14 AM

Bitcoin holds the key to the future of financial freedom where all its holders will be masters of their own finances without any authoritative third party involvement. The goernments fear this movement because they always wish to control the money in the country. It's of no doubts that the governments will have no option than to reinstate the legality of Bitcoin if all implementations to collapse Bitcoin come to no avail.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
cilenadails

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:52:43 AM

I hope that countries that have banned or fired bitcoin actions have an impact on other countries around them that have not stopped bitcoin. If he then many countries will follow then bitcoin so hard to develop.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:15:42 AM

Don't worry because i think that in the future, those countries will remove the ban from bitcoin because they will see the other countries that goes into bitcoin are now happy because of their profit that they are making so they will not ban bitcoin anymore and they will do the same thing just like the other countries did.
badaovodich

Activity: 265

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:11:25 AM

I do not think in developed countries banned bitcoin. In my country, it always grows and respects privacy. Bitcoin does not affect national security, it is an electronic currency that can be traded quickly and safely .
tech12345

Activity: 149

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:16:01 AM

I'm thinking the ban is only temporary. When countries find ways to manage and levy taxes from Bitcoin, they will accept and develop it strongly. That is not surprising  Grin Grin
maskeffec

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:38:33 AM

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal

Bitcoin is a modern transaction tool. and there are still many pros cons about the presence of bitcoin. I think that depends on the government's point of view. In fact, no government makes the right decisions at all times. right now I and most people in this porum only benefit from the presence of bitcoin, and we consider it an opportunity to earn an income. so, if my country will be banned bitcoin in the future, I consider it they are eliminating our chances and expectations.
ay0d1

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:31:58 AM

Countries that have banned Bitcoin will lift the ban in the near future, is just a matter of time. This year January Facebook ban adds on ICO and Bitcoin related activities and as we speak such ban have been lifted. Same will happen to all the countries that currently banned bitcoin including China and Indian
Blackhammer321

Activity: 400
Merit: 59

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:20:41 AM

I do not think in developed countries banned bitcoin. In my country, it always grows and respects privacy. Bitcoin does not affect national security, it is an electronic currency that can be traded quickly and safely .
This one was a very wise thinking. A critical thinking indeed. But at the topic, it is like it is generalizing the banned given by 5 countries i guess. But more especially if an individual benifited in bitcoin more probably the government will realize how effective bitcoin is, with this they will probably accepted bitcoin. As a matter of fact, a country is not just only composed of government but there are citizens, with this they can decide whether to invest in bitcoin or what. So all in all, bitcoin is a great opportunity to those who wanted to grab opportunity, a a loss to those who do not try it.
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:31:10 AM

Government banning bitcoin is an illusion so long as there is internet.The best they can do is to stop the official use of bitcoin for the government official business. They can also regulate the use of bitcoin within their space. India also  has some limited regulation on bitcoin within their territory.
dilshanfernando

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:33:10 AM

The Central Bank of Bolivia issued a determination prohibiting bitcoin and some other money not directed by a nation or financial zone in 2014. Not directed, as per a 2014 articulation by the Central Bank of Brazil concerning cryptographic forms of money, yet is disheartened in view of operational dangers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: