Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:35:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 countries that banned bitcoin  (Read 3337 times)
Cryptuenza

Activity: 71
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:49:03 AM

I think it's pretty funny that even the dictatorial small country Belarus allowed cryptos and even tax-free trading till 2023. And at the same time some democratic countries are again cryptos, maybe they are not so democratic as they tought? Smiley
Destofe

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:57:21 AM

I think in my own country in the Philippines, bitcoin will not ban it is because my country experience a poverty due to the factors that affects our economies . It will not ban because its very useful who needs  some extra income and extra job on online where the bitcoin is very fit just like me . For me from now on i depend to bitcoin because this is my sideline.
HeatherRamsey

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:48:59 AM

They may not know how much it can help the poor and unemployed, they do not study about bitcoin, how good is bitcoin and how useful. Should have been thought out first before they can be banned.
noname911

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:51:41 AM

Bitcoins are not accepted everywhere .... Some countries are tracking it. The transaction bitcoin and other electronic money were banned in China in September 2017. In nepal trying to use bitcoin and cryptocurrency is not allowed.
lehuong

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:26:09 AM

Bangladesh, Bolivia, Ecuador, Kyrgyzstan, and Nepal are the top five countries banned bitcoin
Like the ban on drugs, alcohol and the Internet, the ban on Bitcoin is unreasonable and unwarranted, and we hope to have a positive impact on bitcoin.
matvee

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:30:39 AM

Countries that have banned Bitcoin will lift the ban in the near future, is just a matter of time. This year January Facebook ban adds on ICO and Bitcoin related activities and as we speak such ban have been lifted. Same will happen to all the countries that currently banned bitcoin including China and Indian

Indian has yet not banned bitcoins completely.

The matter is in court and the next hearing is on 11th August 2018. There are leaked news that government might be considering making it legal completely with some conditions. One such report mentioned that it will be treated as commodities. From what I hear, there are more chances of it getting legal in India.
jumail

Activity: 353
Merit: 28

Productive housewife

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:50:28 AM

Don't worry because i think that in the future, those countries will remove the ban from bitcoin because they will see the other countries that goes into bitcoin are now happy because of their profit that they are making so they will not ban bitcoin anymore and they will do the same thing just like the other countries did.
You are right, the government must have a reason why bitcoin is prohibited in the country, and if the concerns do not occur or are not proven then the probability of bitcoin legality will change.
richpham

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:10:46 AM

In truth, no government makes the right decision at all times. We have not created bitcoin, we are getting the advantage from something created by a superhero genius. There is no ICO noise banned from SK, but that is not too serious and not related to the BTC ban. Some dictatorship or dictatorship here and there. And the 19 previous Communist congresses, I am sure that China will release its provisional regulations, which no one will adhere to in China.
F.Samosir

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:29:59 AM

indeed a lot of countries are still resisting bitcoin, but I myself only know if there is a state that to imprison its people if using bitcoin, it is true bitcoin can be misused for money laundering, but sooner or later if bitcoin is acceptable in all countries is not impossible there is a detection system that can see money laundering action  Cool
mahbuboracle

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:38:58 AM

My country INDONESIA also prohibits the existence of a bitcoin or crypto digital currency, because it is harmful to transactions outside government monitoring especially terrorist transactions that are the main reason of the government. Therefore my country still prohibits bitcoin for buying and selling directly. but the market is still allowed to exchange to the country's currency. Hopefully with bitcoin security that is getting good and trusted my country and that still not allow can legalize digital currency which is good for economic development.
Edwardseven

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:45:20 AM

Bitcoin in Morocco
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency transactions were officially outlawed in Morocco in November 2017 seemingly in response to a major Moroccan digital services company, MTDS, announcing a few days prior that it would begin accepting Bitcoin payments.

Sending and receiving payments via any cryptocurrency in Morocco is punishable by fines.

Bitcoin in Bolivia
Cryptocurrencies have never been legal in Bolivia and the government has been known to enforce its anti-Bitcoin stance rather firmly. People caught using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies can be fined and a number of users have even been arrested on more than one occasion for trading and mining Bitcoin.

Bitcoin in Ecuador
Ecuador outlawed Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in mid-2014 as part of its financial reform plans. The ban on Bitcoin was seen by many as a way to reduce competition with the country's own digital currency system (Sistema de Dinero Electrónico). This official Ecuadorian currency isn't a cryptocurrency and isn't based on blockchain technology. It's simply a digital money solution based on traditional money and valued after the American dollar.
Bitcoin in China
The trading of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies was banned in China in September 2017. Due to the technology being so popular in the country before the ban though, the change in law hasn't ceased its use completely and many Chinese people continue to trade cryptocurrencies via in-person trades and chat apps like Telegram and WeChat.

The Chinese government appears to target professional cryptocurrency trading companies over individuals.

Bitcoin in Nepal
Nepal's stance on many aspects of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is a little ambiguous however it has been confirmed that the trading of Bitcoin is considered illegal following several arrests of Bitcoin traders in 2017 that resulted in a combination of fines and jail terms for those involved. Attempting to use Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in Nepal is not recommended.

hknknitin
Copper Member

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 08:51:42 AM

Many countries have banned bitcoins, few of them are Bangladesh, Vietnam, Morocco, Qatar, Afganistan.
Philomena86

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:29:42 AM

Do you know? Citizens have flooded the signatures petitioning the President. The pressure on the governing body of the same government began to contradict each other, ending with a formal announcement by the president without any "ban" imminent. Congress of this country has banned the "currency", but "currency" in the same law is defined as money issued by a State, and in Ecuador, it is US dollars. There are a number of newspapers reporting the law as "banned bitcoins", but without any basic principles. So, for me, the most likely explanation is privacy, you can use Bitcoin if you want, but you can not accept it "official" for payments if you run a business. in Ecuador.
suemendez25

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:03:45 AM

I think they will soon lift that ban when the superpowers decide to adopt bitcoin. For now they ban since they do not see the potential of btc and just thinks it is a threat to their government.
ov3rflow9x

Activity: 374
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:44:00 AM

The Central Bank of Bolivia issued a resolution banning bitcoin and any other currency not regulated by a country or economic zone in 2014. Not regulated, according to a 2014 statement by the Central Bank of Brazil concerning cryptocurrencies, but is discouraged because of operational risks.
It is not that bad as it appears to be because we are having the experience of India that have a desire to overlook those bans that they have put on Bitcoin, and maybe cancel them.
CaptainFalconPunch

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:57:35 AM

if honestly for me it is not reasonable to prohibit bitcoin! why abandon new opportunities, because after bitcoin the future of all currencies, it will become a new engine of the world economy!
BitGunner

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:00:51 PM

I think that this step was really unwise from their side and they will regret soon and change their mind. i am sure that soon all countries will change to btc and this will happen very soon
bkrobottc1

Activity: 183

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:39:48 PM

I think they are researching how to manage cryptocurrency because these thing is complete new and mobilize.
VK.point

Activity: 294

(https://exip.live/)

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:54:35 PM

honestly i do not understand the reason so forbid bitcoin. I am concerned about this news, hopefully in other countries there are still many who can accept bitcoin. taking into account the potential for bitcoin for the future.  Cry

EXIP (https://www.exip.live/) A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
Bitdressa

Activity: 303
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:04:29 PM

yes it is possible for a country that has been banned to realize that they may have been abusing the use of this bitcoin. for greed or to buy illegal goods.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: