Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:51:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The lack of financial education  (Read 2786 times)
Kariste

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:51:34 PM

Financial education can be taught and brought. There are others that they are educated but then when it comes to financial they cannot manage well. It is very important that we have to educate regading with this or we should aware.So that we will not suffer in the end like if you are a mother so that youre kids will be financially stable . I believe that it depends on how a person deal and handle with it.
Glorious04

Activity: 392
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:59:58 PM

I think it is still depending on the person’s point of view and principles in life. A person can be an economist professionally but when it comes to their financial status they are still managing so poorly. I know a lot of uneducated people who are managing well with their money and even living better than those who are more educated and professionals.

richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:41:11 AM

Its still depends on a person's perspective in life. People learn from.their experiece. Maybe financial education is also important because we are using all financial aspect in our life but as people also have their talent in doing financial analytics through their wit. They are smart enough on how they will use their money because afterall they have to do it in the right way all else they will left nothing. Its people decision whether they will want to be gain more knowledge through study or through the usual way.

There are no excuse for people with ambition! And besides the government is working to provide free education.
   it is stll up to us .knowledge is power but laziness destroy a person...
I believe people need sense, and it is not something you get through financial education. No matter how much of a financial education you have, you still need to have the ability to reason properly. Some people pass such education, but at still dumb as f*ck. Lol. You can’t tell me that a full grown adult don’t know what mortgage is and the risks involved.

Some things can be only appreciated if you understand the logic behind them. People have heard so many stories of people getting rich without knowledge or work that they have all sorts of strange believes about money.
There is no perfect education to become successful in life,education is just a guide but the struggle in life shall be won if you have courage and how you use you knowledge experience in life. Now a days everything you wanted to learn is just a click of your finger that how internet provide faster and available information. Not like before education and knowledge is hard to obtain. If you are ignorance today that’s your fault.
Yes now it is not hard to get information about anything we want in our life as we can know about time to invest and time to sell bitcoin through google. It is not any kind of course and knowledge that we will teach to other people but it is only sharing of experiences and knowledge with other people so how to do is telling other people about our saving and investment and informing them about perfect time of bitcoin market people can take huge help from google and YouTube as well.
Allura74

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:50:44 AM

I think it is still depending on the person’s point of view and principles in life. A person can be an economist professionally but when it comes to their financial status they are still managing so poorly. I know a lot of uneducated people who are managing well with their money and even living better than those who are more educated and professionals.
Yes, i agree. Its not all about education or financial education because it depends on a characteristics of a person, either  Pro wants or Pro needs. most people that are materialistic usually spend too much than those people who are only buy of what is the basic needs, so i can really say that financial budgeting is all depends on what kind of a person you are, and it is not basing for professionals or not.

stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:57:43 AM

If you have an independent media system which is not funded by the government
or influenced by the political class, you can dedicate it for teachings, tutorials and
seminars hinging on financial education.This way, so many persons shall be come aware
and educated about the workings of financial system and how to make use of the taught
financial skills to maximize profit in investments, businesses and enterprises.
Fasunathan

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:09:43 AM

The lack of financial education in general is a worrying problem. We teach students about literature, maths, science, ... and we tell them that those are the things they need to know in life. Yet usually, the largest single expense they will have on their lives is a house, and that normally comes with a mortgage. Yet, only a few schools will tell them what should they be expecting, the risks and the consequences of such a contract.

Bitcoin and alts is another case in which people are carefully kept in ignorance by the governments and lobbies.

What can we do to make more people interested in economy and finance and to better educate the youth so that they don´t get ripped-off?
It would be very hard to teach children financial literacy because children as we also experience, only cares about themselves, play and have some fun. They can only realize that they need financial literacy when they become adults. I can attest to that because i go through that process too. Maybe we can inject financial education little by little to our children and we should be a role model for them in that aspect.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:01:37 PM

Its still depends on a person's perspective in life. People learn from.their experiece. Maybe financial education is also important because we are using all financial aspect in our life but as people also have their talent in doing financial analytics through their wit. They are smart enough on how they will use their money because afterall they have to do it in the right way all else they will left nothing. Its people decision whether they will want to be gain more knowledge through study or through the usual way.

There are no excuse for people with ambition! And besides the government is working to provide free education.
   it is stll up to us .knowledge is power but laziness destroy a person...
I believe people need sense, and it is not something you get through financial education. No matter how much of a financial education you have, you still need to have the ability to reason properly. Some people pass such education, but at still dumb as f*ck. Lol. You can’t tell me that a full grown adult don’t know what mortgage is and the risks involved.
Lack of financial education is one of the most common reason which results in the loss of a huge amount of money as you really don’t know where to use your money and how to make more money out of the money which you have in your account. This is really an important thing to learn especially for the investors as they can’t afford loss of money due to such kind of things as this will result in loss.
ZIM17

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:13:24 AM

financial loss for education is often done by most of the reasons parents can not support the needs of their children so many people dream that they are not fulfilling because they are traveling their path they will not end it or not they are continuing so that it is also a problem with the government and it is important for the majority Huh
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:21:53 AM

I kinda agree with this post. Lack of financial education can sometimes lead to poor investment in the future. Not all of us can understand the technicalities in finance but if we are somewhat aware, we can minimize the damage that can happen in the future. Educating and encouraging students to always think and be wise was also a good start.
Indeed, planning for their future can minimize the risk of losing something. What they are teaching in schools have nothing to do with the life that is ahead of us. They can only use maybe 15% of what they have learned in real life. Considering teaching financial education will be great not only for the kids but also to the economy of the country.

Just to add on this one. What I noticed is that we will only be knowledgeable about investment when we are in adult stage. I think its much better if we start educating students in high school until they graduated from college. I was earning a small amount of money when I was in college and I don't know where I can spend it. I should have invested if I have knowledge on investment. Bitcoin to be exact. Maybe be it is not meant for me but we can still help those students to have a better knowledge about investments and it all starts at school.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
thomas41546

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:33:12 AM

Grin
The lack of financial education in general is a worrying problem. We teach students about literature, maths, science, ... and we tell them that those are the things they need to know in life. Yet usually, the largest single expense they will have on their lives is a house, and that normally comes with a mortgage. Yet, only a few schools will tell them what should they be expecting, the risks and the consequences of such a contract.

Bitcoin and alts is another case in which people are carefully kept in ignorance by the governments and lobbies.

What can we do to make more people interested in economy and finance and to better educate the youth so that they don´t get ripped-off?
Financial education is one of the very important matter that was forgotten in the school. Financial education should be part of the subject from the  primary level until university. I'm really don't understand why finance matter is not being discuss in school. What being discuss is just tuition fees. that's it.
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:06:12 AM

It must be admitted that financial education is the lack, compared with other education such as mathematics, social and so the financial education is not more than 5%, but financially is very important that makes us successful in the future.

Marlyn1

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:48:29 AM

The real number one problem
 as of today is lack of finAncial education that leads to a poor society,.As an individual we should know how to manage money,earn,invest,spend and save.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:05:25 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 10:21:34 AM by jaocoincrypto18

The government should initiate a program for the next generation of youth in which at the start of their early age they should start to focus on economics and entrepreneurship so that they could understand and to learn about it while at their early age but still i believed that the youth are entitled to have a freedom to choose of what path they want to follow because if the youth will not given a freedom to choose for their field of endeavor it will going to create an imbalance of services in every community in the future.
katarin2030

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:50:21 AM

It must be admitted that financial education is the lack, compared with other education such as mathematics, social and so the financial education is not more than 5%, but financially is very important that makes us successful in the future.
This is the common problem because in many countries after the college students prefer for the entrance of Engineering and Medical that's the reason why financial education is lacking. Actually, finance is a very vast area and also provides ample of opportunities so need to consider financial education seriously.
BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:46:26 PM

This is the common problem because in many countries after the college students prefer for the entrance of Engineering and Medical that's the reason why financial education is lacking. Actually, finance is a very vast area and also provides ample of opportunities so need to consider financial education seriously.

I would not say that for my country, many students see a future in management and economics, but that is not really induced at an early stage of their studies.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
kalawang

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:57:04 PM

This is too alarming if people doesnt know some basic about money. And by that we need to study and focus to so that in the future no one tried to fooled when it comes to money. We need to learned about financial thing when we are going to start the business we should know ho to balance our money
playful69

Activity: 78

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:23:17 PM

Its evident that students do not know how to handle their finances when they are finally on their own. nearly half of college students do not manage their personal finances, and 58% do not save money each month. but where does it go? 38% of college students cite food as their biggest expenses. alcohol and drugs come in second at 25%.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:24:45 PM

It isn't really about economics rather it's about life skills. I remember my first investment was a car - an asset that is likely going to be depreciated, will cost insurence, petrol, maintainance, parking space etc. !! But it is impossible to tell that to a youth who wants to buy a car because it's shiney!

Bitcoin or any other crypto coin is a great investment, far better than a depreciating asset! But yes, don't expect the youth to understand that easily or the government to be of any help.

I guess awareness campaigns are the only way to make people understand their priorities and keep the 20 somethings from taking bad financial decisions!
While taking the right financial decision is a life skill think about it, how are you able to perform your job? The most likely answer is that you either got formal education about it in college and even if you did not attend college you are using the knowledge you got in school right? People are going to use a great deal of their lives to obtain money why they are not taught about money and how to use it more effectively? This will create a better society but governments do not want that.
sarmrakib

Activity: 1292

Vave.com

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:40:35 PM

Well, the best thing today is the internet. Don’t expect the solution to come from the Government, as those subjects are not on the agenda.

I think the best if you have kids is to motivate their curiosity and critical thinking.

Yes I think this the true what we know internet is the best way to learn something.  Its to worry they running through math,science and many other usual books. That's why they are mostly have the lack of financial education which we need badly to make our life. So that I think we should need to strong motivations on that to go through with that knowledge. We should expose there plan about future. The plan should make someone to interested on financial education and also helps to ripped -off.

KrisAlex18

Activity: 742
Merit: 160

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:49:19 PM

I agree. Our world is already shifting into the digital age and the way we hold our money will surely change in no time so it's a must for me to consider the importance of financial education for everyone. Maybe it is also one of the reasons why our world is still filled with poverty and hatred among greedy politicians. We should start changing the way we teach our children for them to have a more better future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: