Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:46:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The lack of financial education  (Read 2786 times)
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:52:28 PM

The lack of financial education in general is a worrying problem. We teach students about literature, maths, science, ... and we tell them that those are the things they need to know in life. Yet usually, the largest single expense they will have on their lives is a house, and that normally comes with a mortgage. Yet, only a few schools will tell them what should they be expecting, the risks and the consequences of such a contract.

Bitcoin and alts is another case in which people are carefully kept in ignorance by the governments and lobbies.

What can we do to make more people interested in economy and finance and to better educate the youth so that they don´t get ripped-off?
In our age, attaining knowledge was already made easier because of the internet but that doesn't mean we should rely on it the whole time. Proper financial education will surely be a great help for everyone for them to fully understand how our world is running over when it comes to money. It can also help them to be aware on their surrounding and be smart and wise in holding money.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pinoyfan

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:11:39 PM

The lack of financial education in general is a worrying problem. We teach students about literature, maths, science, ... and we tell them that those are the things they need to know in life. Yet usually, the largest single expense they will have on their lives is a house, and that normally comes with a mortgage. Yet, only a few schools will tell them what should they be expecting, the risks and the consequences of such a contract.

Bitcoin and alts is another case in which people are carefully kept in ignorance by the governments and lobbies.

What can we do to make more people interested in economy and finance and to better educate the youth so that they don´t get ripped-off?
I also think that it is good to have finacial education aside from academics. Even an elementary student need to budget their money and resources. And yes the knowledge we will learn can apply to our daily life. Learn using money in good things. From that people will learn to classify their basic needs and set side their not so important things. People will able to learn to control their consumption.
waichi

Activity: 359
Merit: 100

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:29:02 PM

I think parents should imply financial education to their children. The responsibility of preparing your child for the real world does not depend only on teachers/professors, parents should have an important role in making their children financially wise. This will make them wiser on how will they earn and spend their money so that they can retire rich and do not necessarily rely on their retirement pension plans to sustain their basic needs.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:35:33 PM

The lack of financial education it a real problem, and I'm pretty sure that deliberately governments keep people in ignorance about financial subjects.
I've a big admiration for jews people, because the learn financial principles in family from childhood.
For what I know, they are the only ones that have this kind approach, and it's not a coincidence that - when adults - they became extraordinary managers and investors.

doycku

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:46:44 PM

I completely agree. The lack of financial education does not rarely affect the quality of decisions. But I think that today it is possible to learn all financial matters very well. Everyone has the Internet.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 06:48:02 PM

I completely agree. The lack of financial education does not rarely affect the quality of decisions. But I think that today it is possible to learn all financial matters very well. Everyone has the Internet.
The matter is that it is thanks to the Internet that people learn more and more about the crypto currency, because only recently the media started raising the issue of Bitcoin and crypto currency in general.
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:14:40 PM

I can say for Russia. Our education is getting worse. There is not a single university in the TOP-100 world. It's insulting to realize but I have a feeling that this is a bad leadership of the country.

It is sad to hear that, but anyway university rankings are not really very objective, most of them are created for and by the US and are mostly interested in giving fame to the private univertities to justify their ridiculously high fees.
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:19:04 PM

I also do think that in most of the countries the education system is bad, they don't get you ready for anything in the adult life. Some changes really need to be made.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:39:45 PM

People starts to learn about financial matters naturally. They come up to them when the time is right. Giving an extra education on financial matters will just boost up their chance to survive on the competitive market. Nonetheless i don't think one should give his child financial advice through out his life, rather the child should learn on his own.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:00:11 PM

Financial education is a self taught education.The governmental school systems
do not teach us the nitty gritties of financial expectations in real life.We are only
taught to specialize in a field, then go work for some corporations to make money.
No school taught us how to become business owners or entrepreneurs.I am sure that
if we seek to learn finances, we can get such education online.Let us change our
paradigm notion about money and how the government controls its function.Our
era is dynamically changing the face of money and how it functions.
pallang

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:57:59 AM

Lack of education is a problem of developing countries due to financial problem so in order to achieve a higher education one must have money to use especially now that modern technologies are used in schools.

kurt1212

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:07:26 AM

Well, the best thing today is the internet. Don’t expect the solution to come from the Government, as those subjects are not on the agenda.

I think the best if you have kids is to motivate their curiosity and critical thinking.

For me dont tolerate your kids to use bitcoin because you as a parent you have to guide them as well if they curious you can answer them but you must guide in good way even if internet is the best thing nowadays.
eyebags1994

Activity: 104

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:50:31 AM

We really cannot trust our future to the government promises. As they going to give free education to those people who cannot provide to those who cannot.provide financial for their education. A they promise to those poorest one specially those parents already to give job so that they can send their children to school .
Tom Korsteng

Activity: 80

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:35:21 AM

The bad side of new technology is that in order to understand them people have to know something about this but everyone is lazy that's why it's simpler not understand and say it's dangerous technology than read something about and give really relevant critics about the subject.
netil

Activity: 150
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:37:31 AM

I agree 100%. Instead of a lot of useless items in schools or colleges, it is possible to allocate a couple of hours in a week for courses of elementary financial knowledge. Perhaps this would help reduce the level of fraud and so on.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:49:50 AM

As of this age, all of us must have a background in financial or business so that we can help ourselves and our parents to earn income. The Government must educate most of the youth today so that they will know how to save and use their money in a wiser way. It is better to have financial literary for us to help our nations to grow and improve the living. For me, I really enjoy seeing my money grow big so that I can help my family and for my future.
intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:16:22 AM

The lack of financial education is dangerous. No matter how big the income is if there is no proper management of money due to lack of financial education prosper or profit is very much far to happen but bankruptcy.
fishball

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:20:19 AM

We should motivate them that internet is a powerful source of information and we need to utilize it carefully. What kills ignorance is one's curiousity so we need to teach them and enlighten them about what is bitcoin and how it can help people and economy.
usam_coiner

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:34:34 AM

We should motivate them that internet is a powerful source of information and we need to utilize it carefully. What kills ignorance is one's curiousity so we need to teach them and enlighten them about what is bitcoin and how it can help people and economy.
as after the high pump of bitcoin in previous year every one is keen to learn about bitcoin and for this purpose people are continuously studying and this shows that bitcoin impact on future is very deep so everyone should start learning it,
tats14

Activity: 168

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:41:35 AM

Well the best thing to do is to study hard and be a member of bitcoin, because bitcoin can change your life and your knowledge too, bitcoin can help your financial problem by using it in a nice way, bitcoin can change every persons life.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: