Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 12:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The lack of financial education  (Read 2786 times)
paynercash

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:23:24 PM

The lack of financial education in general is a worrying problem. We teach students about literature, maths, science, ... and we tell them that those are the things they need to know in life. Yet usually, the largest single expense they will have on their lives is a house, and that normally comes with a mortgage. Yet, only a few schools will tell them what should they be expecting, the risks and the consequences of such a contract.

Bitcoin and alts is another case in which people are carefully kept in ignorance by the governments and lobbies.

What can we do to make more people interested in economy and finance and to better educate the youth so that they don´t get ripped-off?
In my country, very few people want to invest in Bitcoin because they think that in this virtual currency world can not make a profit. I believe that if my country brought Bitcoin into school to teach the students, there would be few people interested because they feel bored with the investment.

Yara1

Activity: 193
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:50:39 PM

financial eduction is really lacking in all our educational institutions and it is one of the most important aspect of our day to day activities. I think our institutions of learning should introduce financial management and discipline as a course where people can learn practical financial management.
LETme

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:36:17 PM

Do not blame the government about this issue because they do not encourage people to get into crypto currencies and beside every one of us has different way on how we manage our money a lot of those things can actually learn through experience that is why we progress in such thing and if the person really want to learn they will do anything to achieve it.
UzumakiSakuragi

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:27:33 AM

In school, what they are teaching is to save money for our future, they kept saying that Education is the key to success and one huge step that we should make in our life is to finish school until College or better to also take a Master degree for us to be able to have a decent job which is nowadays I realize that it is not that important if you have the eagerness and strategies in life.

Right that is mainly the focus of education right now.well lets learned from Chinese business prospective as we all know that a large number of company today are own by Chinese.they are  more interactive and open in financial education than other countries..

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:05:49 AM

Without financial education, there's no progress and no development!
This is why many are remaining poor and doesn't have the chance to excel in life because they lack of financial education and they don't know how to diversify and invest their money.
There's lack of financial education because everyone is thinking/planning how to be rich without effort and thinking it is easy without educating financial, which is the most important thing to win.
But thinking and dreaming of getting out of the line is also lack from these people who are looking to have a better life. They should imagine and at least dream of it that they want to have a better life and have a better financial standing.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
honestinvestor

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:40:15 PM

I think it is necessary to start any education, especially financial education in the family. That is, parents need to try and raise their level of financial education. Lots of information on the Internet will help: articles, videos, online lessons, etc. Cool
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:56:46 AM

Financial education can be taught and brought. There are others that they are educated but then when it comes to financial they cannot manage well. It is very important that we have to educate regading with this or we should aware.So that we will not suffer in the end like if you are a mother so that youre kids will be financially stable . I believe that it depends on how a person deal and handle with it.

The poorest countries are the countries with the lack of financial education. Thus, if you want to be a successful person, get at least the necessary knowledge about this subject.
hermae

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:02:40 AM

I think it is necessary to start any education, especially financial education in the family. That is, parents need to try and raise their level of financial education. Lots of information on the Internet will help: articles, videos, online lessons, etc. Cool

Financial education doesnt need a formal school. We can be financially educated through the help from our parents' advice. It is also our personal choice if we want to be financially educated, we can learn this through our experience, for example, we should learn not to be an impulsive buyer to save our money from being wasted to the things that we dont really need. I think it is a matter of being sensible and responsible.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:32:21 AM

Lack of financial education can create a big problem to money management. Financial literacy is essential because it will help us to manage and use the fiat in the properly. I remember when I was on high school student we have a subject called an entrepreneur. We need to create a product that we can sell them. Entrepreneurship helps us to manage a business in order to make a profit. Like in trading we need to buy went the price on the dip portion and sold it on the high part. Lack of financial education will stay indigent, that's is why we must educate ourselves.
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:01:53 AM

"Economics" is a subject in Junior high school, and I think they are still part of the curriculum today. Schools are not lying about what's gonna happen in the future. They are just opening those subjects to boost your knowledge, who knows, one of those subjects are the reason why you are now a professional and concentrate on your field.

They are also updating so I think no one's left behind, unless no one wants it and there is no demand, also, it would be shame on the school when they are not up to date and during aptitude tests they are at the bottom.

I even see students in high school now who are using Bitcoin in their Baby Thesis.

semarmesem195

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:11:37 AM

What can we do to make more people interested in economy and finance and to better educate the youth so that they don´t get ripped-off?

Financial is the essence of life. I think why finance is not taught to us from kids because we already know how to calculate with knowledge of math lessons. And who's should teach us about financially is our own parents. By studying at school, a teacher is definitely telling us to save money, i think that's all the way it leads to financially.
The thing that must be done to guide young people about the economy is their parents should educate the child to be more fond of saving and saving pocket money.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:40:29 AM

Money related instruction does not require a formal school. We can be monetarily taught through the assistance from our folks' recommendation. It is additionally our own decision on the off chance that we need to be monetarily taught, we can take in this through our experience, for instance, we ought to learn not to be an imprudent purchaser to spare our cash from being squandered to the things that we don't truly require. I think it involves being sensible and dependable.
Bedebah

Activity: 524
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:59:20 AM

Information about financial is very minimal received from childhood, so people do not understand with financial management, this is what must be fixed every country to make financial lessons in school get special attention.
Btcmarmipp2

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:34:28 AM

Actually financial education was being offered already in our country but it depends on what course do you want to take up in college. For me, financial education doesn't matter as long as you know how to budget your money that suits your needs, experience is important rather than learning theory in school it adds burden to the students and to the parents in the sense that, the school tuition will increase due to additional load added. I think it is instinct to a person to know how to budget his/her money so let's just be practical.

═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES ═══▦▦═══
ICO TOKEN SALE IS NOW OPEN TO INVESTORS (https://www.4art-technologies.com)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:04:49 PM

Information about financial is very minimal received from childhood, so people do not understand with financial management, this is what must be fixed every country to make financial lessons in school get special attention.
The schools are not teaching any related topic or lesson about financial management or getting into financial literacy and that is why school sucks in my opinion. It is really up to the person if they will study it or not but for me, it is a must have type of education because if you have financial education then you can really be wise in spending your money and you cannot just spend it like there is no tomorrow.
tannerchum

Activity: 350

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:21:32 PM

The lack of financial education is the main problem now adays because many people who doesn't continue their studies because of money problem. But some people went back to school because of opportunities that they met which is bitcoin. The in demand in the community is on going to educate people for free but bitcoin contributes a lot to keep going.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Khupeha

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:27:53 PM

I believe that during a crisis a person begins to think, and begins to look for new ways of earning. For myself, I recently discovered cryptornics, not thanks to the state, but only because of my own desire to earn money.
Paka1

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:01:30 PM

The lack of financial education in general is a worrying problem. We teach students about literature, maths, science, ... and we tell them that those are the things they need to know in life. Yet usually, the largest single expense they will have on their lives is a house, and that normally comes with a mortgage. Yet, only a few schools will tell them what should they be expecting, the risks and the consequences of such a contract.

Bitcoin and alts is another case in which people are carefully kept in ignorance by the governments and lobbies.

Again with the conspiracy? How are people "carefully" kept in ignorance?
The only proof needed to combat this theory is you posting here..so..
And the others are the thousands of articles and thousands of companies that are familiar with bitcoin.

It's not a conspiracy by the government. It's the stupidity and lack of knowledge by the average citizen and their laziness

In my high school for example I had two years in economics although I was't going to follow that path, it was mandatory like history and geography. Did it help? Probably in my case! In the case of one of my classmates who had quite the same grades as me and managed to buy a property during the boom at 3 times the price ..probably not.

And we are already in another age. An age where information is available, you just have to search for it.
If you plan on getting a 30 years running mortgage and you don't do a tiny bit of research on what you are getting yourself into then, it's not the government fault, it's not the bank fault, it's just you.

This is also something that hugely depends on the quality of the particular school and the general quality of the school system in any given country. There are huge discrepancies between schools within the US for example, while in certain European countries things seem to be more in balance.

Certain countries, unfortunately not all.
My high school for example was rated the second one in town.
Six or seven years ago when there was a reform on the graduating exam which allowed you to go to University my high school had something like about 85% to 90% graduates. The ones at the bottom of the list averaged 5-10% with one having nobody passing the exam from more than 200.

Financial education can be learn not only in schools, the basic foundation of knowing how to manage your finances is your upbringing and perspective in life,  if you have your priorities automatically you will know how to budget, you will allocate this and that. Actually it is you who could help yourself, discipline is important for you to manage your finances wisely.
reverseflash

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:10:16 PM

The school has to give initial general knowledge. And already then the person has to solve what spheres to him still are necessary.
dreico

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:52:44 PM

I would like to have sufficient knowledge in finance, but I'm limited in this and have to teach myself though it's a bit diffic
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: