Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:47:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The lack of financial education  (Read 2787 times)
Toden1379

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:02:20 PM

Only experience will teach them how to manage money. Making them do household chores and paying them  will teach them how to earn. Managing their budget comes next when they run out of money. Teens are prone to mistakes and we should be patient in teaching them.

EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWOR      EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25       
        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││
Nakedbitcoin

Activity: 226
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:21:13 PM

Its still depends on a person's perspective in life. People learn from.their experiece. Maybe financial education is also important because we are using all financial aspect in our life but as people also have their talent in doing financial analytics through their wit. They are smart enough on how they will use their money because afterall they have to do it in the right way all else they will left nothing. Its people decision whether they will want to be gain more knowledge through study or through the usual way.
Financial literacy is the ability to manage financial resources effectively. Maybe we can gain this skill eventhough we are not a degree holder. I think this skill is developed since our childhood.  Parents have big role in molding the children including  financial literacy. Being careful and deciding how and what to spend money.
chel0

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:58:06 PM

If we have a stable job and at the same time we're investing into crypto-currency market, yet lack of financial education, probably everything we earn will be worthless. Why? Because we don't have enough knowledge about money management. We must learn how to plan, organize, and control our money same thing on how to earn and when to spend for better results.
rockyboy

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:27:46 PM

The lack of financial education in general is a worrying problem. We teach students about literature, maths, science, ... and we tell them that those are the things they need to know in life. Yet usually, the largest single expense they will have on their lives is a house, and that normally comes with a mortgage. Yet, only a few schools will tell them what should they be expecting, the risks and the consequences of such a contract.

Bitcoin and alts is another case in which people are carefully kept in ignorance by the governments and lobbies.

What can we do to make more people interested in economy and finance and to better educate the youth so that they don´t get ripped-off?

I am not a teacher to explain  more about bitcoin and other things but one thing for sure education in all aspect is very important to keep our investment in good hands. 

███    TWITTER    UbcoinMarket   WHITEPAPER    ███ PARTNERSHIPS
███       ANN          EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS         MEDIUM       ███    SAMSUNG
███  TELEGRAM  WEBSITE      FACEBOOK     ███       FLY 
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:41:45 PM

If we have a stable job and at the same time we're investing into crypto-currency market, yet lack of financial education, probably everything we earn will be worthless. Why? Because we don't have enough knowledge about money management. We must learn how to plan, organize, and control our money same thing on how to earn and when to spend for better results.

I am totally guilty of this.  I have been working for about 15 years already and have no savings.  I am just living for the moment.  Then thankfully I was able to bump bitcoin amd changes on how I view and hold my money.  Lack of financial education is one thing that could make everyone have a better life.  It should be taught on school as a topic and also in our homes.
mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 04:14:48 PM

The lack of financial education in general is a worrying problem. We teach students about literature, maths, science, ... and we tell them that those are the things they need to know in life. Yet usually, the largest single expense they will have on their lives is a house, and that normally comes with a mortgage. Yet, only a few schools will tell them what should they be expecting, the risks and the consequences of such a contract.

Bitcoin and alts is another case in which people are carefully kept in ignorance by the governments and lobbies.

What can we do to make more people interested in economy and finance and to better educate the youth so that they don´t get ripped-off?

Well it wouldn't need actually too much time and focus for the students to be efficient when handling their finances, mostlikely we just need to spread awareness and hopefully more younger generations learn how to make the most of their money from their home itself and learn various opportunities regarding financial aspects in their lives regardless of age or achievements.

crisanto01

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:20:26 PM

Well it wouldn't need actually too much time and focus for the students to be efficient when handling their finances, mostlikely we just need to spread awareness and hopefully more younger generations learn how to make the most of their money from their home itself and learn various opportunities regarding financial aspects in their lives regardless of age or achievements.
For those who really want to have a financial freedom you have to teach yourselves because nothing will teach you unless yourself, based on your experience and needs, if you are having a hard time saving your money you can have someone which you can trust at all to just like banks and your mother to keep your money.
baenimus

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:48:17 PM

I can't even remember a single lesson of how our financial systems work and I paid attention in class, this is worrying.
recycleembarrassM

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:41:00 PM

If you want to get educated then start reading and learning new things.
Jahson420

Activity: 105

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:10:47 PM

Well for me. Reading is the best way to learn. We have out internet now. If you want to learn dont be lazy. Focus on your dream and know about the importance of life. Be educated and wise.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:21:10 PM

Information about financial is very minimal received from childhood, so people do not understand with financial management, this is what must be fixed every country to make financial lessons in school get special attention.
Financial managements have to be taught to the students with practical explanations of them after they get 10 years of age and they must be taught for what reasons they have to spend on things. There must be proper educations about telling them the necessities of the life and also that they ca spend money on other things as well once they have more money than what they need. Money savings and different types of insurances should also be the part of the subject.
greenpath

Activity: 178

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:49:45 PM

Change the curriculum from the beginning of studies in every school and add the subjects that more about economics to inform the students that economic subject is the most important subject. Maybe this will be easier if the government involve to this issue to make it faster. Probably around 2 years we will reap some of the harvest.
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:05:03 PM

I would like to have sufficient knowledge in finance, but I'm limited in this and have to teach myself though it's a bit diffic
Yes it is important now to have the education about the finance because it is need of the day and if you want to start a satisfying proper business it is important for you to have knowledge about it only then you will be able to get information and knowledge for your financial profit, I would suggest you to get information and use it wise it will improve your life and will make you able to be rich and safe financially. Knowledge is the wisdom and key of success as well so get the key and be successful.
bluered

Activity: 176

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:40:21 PM

Why would it be the government's responsibility to teach anyone about something it didn't create, doesn't control, and doesn't endorse as a currency or payment eco system? Basic financial education like the obligations of credit and home ownership would not entail education about Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. There's no sinister plot to "keep people ignorant" by the government about crypto, there's just no mandate for that type of thing to be taught because it's not anything the government controls.

Yes you were right, it is in your will if you want to learn and if you want to educate yourself in this matter. Government has an obligation in the whole country not only on a person, you must help yourself.

●    D A F Z O    ●   A DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL P2P LOGISTICS PLATFORM   ●    D A F Z O    ●
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TelegramFacebookTwitterWhitePaperANNOnePagerYoutubeMediumLinkedIn
steve_rogers

Activity: 280
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:17:36 PM

I'm an engineer of aviation, and considering my trading loses we really have a lack of financial education Angry Grin
Even in our families, if you were not born in rich family, you are often stuck in loop of "poor" life. Because nobody has told you not to consider money as its value. But we should consider them as a tool for different things or like a universal resource, that could be easily convertible into different things like extra human resource, time, it could compensate lack of knowledge and etc., and that the cash flow should also be much hire than you common annual spend. Nevertheless such open crypto-exchanges give us the opportunity to study the market and how to handle you money and your emotions.
hybridmedia
Copper Member

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:41:12 PM

The best way to educate yourself is by learning through the net.
supermam

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:10:49 AM

Now that advanced technology is being used by many countries there's no way that people can't be educated thru internet so the best way to educate your children is to teach them to use the internet.
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:36:22 AM

Now that advanced technology is being used by many countries there's no way that people can't be educated thru internet so the best way to educate your children is to teach them to use the internet.
This is the thing about education. In my opinion, I think education is a very unique thing. If we just study the basic of financial and never look and learn about the updated information, we will not know about the development of the world economy and Bitcoin. We will not care and learn about the crypto world that will affect financial so much. I think the school system and the education system should change and upgrade. The student can no longer depend on one single education to live in this world. Because the world always changing, so the education should change too. Student should start to learn from the hardway, that is self learning.
Scallywag

Activity: 249

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:07:54 AM

i agree with this , if i look back at what i learned it really is minimal in comparison to what you should know about your finances. most people don't even think about investing their money and the impact that can have on their future if they start early enough. i also see a lot of people just blowing trough their paychecks every month , and it is because they don't know any better. they saw their parents do the same and nobody taught them otherwise.
olia10

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:29:46 AM

I think for the school age the lesson of cryptography will be very difficult, they need to explain just the basics, and when they reach adult age they will decide what kind of education they should choose for their future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: