Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TomPool][Auto Profit Switching - SHA256/Scrypt/Keccak - 95+ coins]  (Read 36150 times)
Tommo_Aus (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

strange seem to be receiving another payment of 0.04507795 BTC now, Tommo do you pay once or twice a day?

Payments are once per day, generally 4-5 hours before now which is ~11-12 PST.

Is there a 24Hr lag between end of mining day and payout (i've already read your Q&A on 15:30 PST payout)

Yes, at this stage payouts aren't estimated throughout the day, just the actual payout is updated once per day.

I've been hashing with over 100GH/s for almost three days now, and I haven't received a single payout (I should be getting > 0.02btc/day). The stats also don't display correctly. Steer clear of this pool until these issues are fixed.

Looking at your hashrate its much lower than 100 gh/s indicating there's something wrong with your mining. Is your miner reporting lots of invalid shares? I've just taken a look at your shares and 80% of them are invalid. Some miners don't play nicely with vardiff which is probably the issue here, let me know what diff you normally run your miners at and I'll set their difficulty. You'll need to move to port 3329 afterwards.

By "The stats also don't display correctly" is this what you mean? In which case they are displaying correctly as your miner is submitting a lot of invalid work, hence the low hash rate.

Tompool - http://tompool.org - a 2% fee SHA256/Scrypt/BURST/Groestl multipool supporting ANC, ASC, DGC, EZC, FLO, GLD, GME, MNC, RYC, TGC, TRC, XNC, ZET & more
spawnbsd

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:01:44 AM

Looking at your hashrate its much lower than 100 gh/s indicating there's something wrong with your mining. Is your miner reporting lots of invalid shares? I've just taken a look at your shares and 80% of them are invalid. Some miners don't play nicely with vardiff which is probably the issue here, let me know what diff you normally run your miners at and I'll set their difficulty. You'll need to move to port 3329 afterwards.

By "The stats also don't display correctly" is this what you mean? In which case they are displaying correctly as your miner is submitting a lot of invalid work, hence the low hash rate.
I'm using 3 asic cubes behind a stratum proxy, and I haven't had an issue with any other pool. However, if you could, can you please lock the difficulty to 32 for each of my workers ? I'll try restarting stratum proxy and cubes. Thanks for checking.
Tommo_Aus (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:40:54 AM

I'm using 3 asic cubes behind a stratum proxy, and I haven't had an issue with any other pool. However, if you could, can you please lock the difficulty to 32 for each of my workers ? I'll try restarting stratum proxy and cubes. Thanks for checking.

Sure, just let me know your BTC address.

Tompool - http://tompool.org - a 2% fee SHA256/Scrypt/BURST/Groestl multipool supporting ANC, ASC, DGC, EZC, FLO, GLD, GME, MNC, RYC, TGC, TRC, XNC, ZET & more
Benjal

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:02:28 AM

Hi Tom,

Sorry mate, but you didn't actually answer my question; is everything working ok?

Mining for almost two days @ 2Mh/s for 0.0089 Btc on your scrypt pool is very low return compared to mining LTC direct for two days and getting 0.042 btc. Your only running at 20% of the profit return of mining LTC direct.

Something isn't stacking up. As I said before, nice idea but something isn't working at the moment so I'm going to pull out and go back to mining elsewhere.

Ben
spawnbsd

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:32:15 PM

Sure, just let me know your BTC address.
My BTC payout address is 1L8Kb2Yxvrtnae7GcE8XwtqnK7WwN14uaQ , thanks.
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:56:23 AM

Just came across the site, and it definitely interests me.  I've been trying to use bfgminer, but it keeps shutting down when I enter the info.  I must be doing it wrong, or does the site not work with bfg miner?

If it does, what am I missing?  What should I enter when it asks for the url?
Tommo_Aus (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:05:58 AM

Everyone please read this thread, sorry but I'm rather busy with this right now:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470382

All pools have been shut down for the time being, I'm not sure if I'll ever restart them.

IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:46:42 AM

So is this pool really up and running again?
Tommo_Aus (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:26:10 PM

A bit of a cross post from the other thread but yes, TomPool is back up and running with all services!

I've removed the forum software, changed passwords, reviewed files in the web directories and blocked a heap of ports (about the only ones open now are for the web server, mining (stratum) and SSH access). i.e. generally strengthened site security while also increasing performance as it gave me an opportunity to make some big changes that would've been much harder with the pool running.

Hopefully now we can just get on with the business of mining Smiley

robmillernow

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:01:47 AM

Could you consider adding TAK to your SHA256 multipool? 
Thanks.
twib2

Activity: 280

Helperizer

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:59:46 PM

Might you consider adding MINT to your scrypt coins?  It seems quite interesting, and I think it'll go the distance.

Thanks!  Just joined the pool and like it a lot.

One thing - both of the TomCoin pools seem to throw a lot of rejects (duplicates), and I consistently get ~70% accept rate no matter the settings or device.  If I go directly to either your multipool or my custom multipool, I go back to 90-99% (depending upon device, OC'd furies run ~92%).

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
Tommo_Aus (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:40:36 PM

Might you consider adding MINT to your scrypt coins?  It seems quite interesting, and I think it'll go the distance.

Thanks!  Just joined the pool and like it a lot.

One thing - both of the TomCoin pools seem to throw a lot of rejects (duplicates), and I consistently get ~70% accept rate no matter the settings or device.  If I go directly to either your multipool or my custom multipool, I go back to 90-99% (depending upon device, OC'd furies run ~92%).

This is usually a vardiff problem, let me know your btc address and what diff you want for your workers and I'll set it for you. You'll need to switch to a different port afterwards, port 3329 for manual sha256 diff.

twib2

Activity: 280

Helperizer

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:43:10 PM

This is usually a vardiff problem, let me know your btc address and what diff you want for your workers and I'll set it for you. You'll need to switch to a different port afterwards, port 3329 for manual sha256 diff.

Thanks, Tom, but my diffs are way too disparate for my workers (from 1 to 256 and lots of places in between since I have USB erupters for SHA and CPUs for scrypt, all the way to antminer s1s for SHA and 6950 GPUs for scrypt) and that'd be quite a lot to set up for you.  I could try again when you have the password set to something like the difficulty number or d-diff or some such.  That way I could set it up differently for each worker.

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
Tommo_Aus (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:08:38 AM

I'll be adding a manual diff changer for Tompool in the very near future, work has began so shouldn't be much longer. That'll probably be your way to go Smiley

Is Orbit listed on any of the major exchanges?

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:25:21 AM

I'm thinking of mining here for a bit, to check it out, as soon as I get my next payout at
Eligius. I haven't read the whole thread, so if this has been covered don't kick me too hard Cheesy

What kind of performance vs. bitcoin has the pool done with SHA-256? I see you consistently beating up on litecoin with scrypt, but that is currently irrelevant to me as I have an AMT/Technobit 80 gh/s ASIC device.

I'm gonna try it anyway, I just wanted to know what the performance has been.

Thanks!

Kevin Biomech
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:57:32 AM

Ok, I've never used a switching pool like this before, so if this is an ignorant question, so be it.

I'm mining at the pool right now, and it took forever to show me above about 50 GH/s, it's now showing about 72. I'm putting out 79-84 according to CGminer. From reading the thread, I know there's a fair amount of rejects, and CG is showing that as well. Not ridiculous, just a lot higher than I was used to at Eligius. Is the high rejects why my hashrate displays so much lower than at Eligius?

Also, when mining via the "tomcoins" option, is there a direct stats page for my address, or is it just the main page there?

I like this concept, but I'm feeling a little naked here Cheesy
Tommo_Aus (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:40:12 AM

I'd say so, vardiff seems to cause these issues on quite a few miners from what I've seen. If you post your btc address I'll set your diff to 64 (most likely the best for your device), you'll just need to switch to port 3329 afterwards.

At the moment its just the one page with all the btc addresses and current hashrate but I'll be adding more in the near future.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:44:20 AM

I'd say so, vardiff seems to cause these issues on quite a few miners from what I've seen. If you post your btc address I'll set your diff to 64 (most likely the best for your device), you'll just need to switch to port 3329 afterwards.

At the moment its just the one page with all the btc addresses and current hashrate but I'll be adding more in the near future.

Thanks, I'll try that. It's gotta be a bear to keep the stats straight with that many coins. I ain't complaining, just curious.

Here's the addy. The miner is two Technobit HEX16B's, if that gives you any guidance. I'm not a complete noob, but fairly close to it. I guess that makes me an incomplete noob Cheesy On Eligius it is usually at 64.

1K4hvSjT4vmr2Asyv6fKP1e4hvGe6f8Tta

Cheers!

Edit: should I switch ports now?
Tommo_Aus (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:54:28 AM

Done, please switch to 3329 Smiley

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:11:31 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 11:41:31 AM by Biomech

Done, please switch to 3329 Smiley

Oops. Did that about an hour ago. It's definitely getting fewer rejects. It is now at diff 64, will see how it looks in a bit. Still showing lower hashrate by about 10-12 GH/S than what CGminer is showing, but much more stable than it was... and that was at diff 16.

Thanks!

Oh, is there a page that shows estimated payout, or is that a "wait and see" thing? Sorry to pester you. Just learning the pool.

EDIT: Now seems to show much closer to what I show in CGminer.

However, and I don't know if this is universal or just my rig, when it switches coins it appears on the stats at like 1/2 the hashrate for a couple of refreshes. Then it's back up to where it should be. I'm guessing it's just the nature of the switching feature, as I don't see the fluctuation in CGminer other than a series of four or five rejects. Then it stabilizes very quickly.

Pretty damn cool! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: