Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:22:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the most influential factor that triggers bitcoin prices to fall down?  (Read 2408 times)
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:45:46 PM

Bitcoin is very volatile. It goes up and down at no time. But I started to think what causes its values to go down. These past few days, its prices are notably lower that last year's values. Last year, I believe, during the first few months, its prices are likewise low. Do bitcoin prices go down every January to February? Does it have a logical association?

I think the price of the Bitcoin is being dragged up and down by the principle of supply and demand. But this is a very generic point of view. I don't really think there is a definitive way to predict or understand the market. If there is, I would really like to know what it is.
supply and demand is the main factor that make price move up or down.but this factor influenced by fundamental or news that spread in market.good news could make demand rise,and the opposite.
It's true that in any forms of business, marketing, trading, investment or finance, supply and demand are the determining factors why the price goes high and low.  But behind all these, what causes the demand to increase or decrease is due to the outspread of false and negative news or misinterpretation of cryptocurrency from social media, investors, traders, and some economical, technological, political, and entrepreneurial factors.
Bitcoin's price is affected by the official enforcement of governments on its transactions. Bitcoin is not controlled by a single institution. Countries like Japan or USA have released regulating laws on Bitcoin. Other countries are already accepting Bitcoin as the government has acknowledged it that leads to the increase of demand and price. However, news about banning bitcoin, and restricting its use can result to drastic change in the price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:05:56 PM

I think one of the major factors is spreading FUD and massive sell-offs from time to time by big holders. Unfortunately, there is hardly a way to stop this now maybe until a certain time when bitcoin has evolved more.

Well even if btc would evolve i think these factors would still affect btc and would be the main catalysts for a price drop. Many new people are coming in the more bitcoin becomes popular and accepted. Guess we just have to learn how to accept and react to these factors
You are right increasing demand and supply is really effecting the price of bitcoin, whenever bitcoin get high in demand price increase automatically and when it get down it fells in price, but for making it down I think panic sellers take huge part as when they sell high amount of bitcoin in market it rise the ratio of availability and decrease the number of demand so I think high availability and low demand is making price down but now it has overcome the loss and price is getting really high day by day.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:24:27 AM

Bitcoin is very volatile. It goes up and down at no time. But I started to think what causes its values to go down. These past few days, its prices are notably lower that last year's values. Last year, I believe, during the first few months, its prices are likewise low. Do bitcoin prices go down every January to February? Does it have a logical association?

Personally, what I believe would be most influential factor that triggers the price of bitcoin to go down, is primarily the law of supply and demand. But that doesn't really originate from there. Supply and demand is already an effect. There is something that really causes the fall down of the bitcoin market price. And I believe it's the government and the media. Whatever happens to bitcoin is, at the moment, something that our government can drastically influence. The same goes for media. The government and media can use its influence and power to drag down the prices of the bitcoin to the ground.
Well I am agree with the statement you have given above as our government is playing vital role in the development of bitcoin, demand and supply use to rise and fall the price but now it is increasing high so better if we don’t sell it and hold, now a day high transaction is contributing in making price of bitcoin a bit high so we can say that high demand is making price high while low can make it down, panic selling also play vital role to influence the bitcoin price, so we should avoid selling it at low price.
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:46:42 AM

The attention paid to bitcoin directly affects the price of bitcoin. The higher the number of bitcoins, the lower the price.

The attitude of governments has a critical impact on the price of bitcoin, a key factor in the collapse in the price of bitcoin.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:29:29 AM

I believe major FUDs have an impact on the price falls of bitcoin. Some FUDs don't have an impact at all; for example if a developing country with not too many bitcoin users bans bitcoin it doesn't affect the price in any way. But when Bill Gates talks ill about bitcoin, or Facebook decides to ban crypto ads it gets to many people and loose hands begin to sell instantly, leading to a massive fall in price.
When you see the market value of any of the crypto coin falling, then one of the most important reason behind all that is the panic selling which is being done by the investors who find it difficult to hold their nerves at that time and that they try to get rid of that investment and because of which, they suffer a huge loss and that along with it, it also results in the depreciation in the market value of the coin.
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:59:18 AM

if we're to ask the biggest factor in crypto currency prices then it would be supply. like all investments it is governed by the rules of economics. the larger the supply and lower the price. since the start of this year, 2 countries declares bans on crypto currencies that made the citizens of that country sell their holdings and therefore increase the supply in the market. but then again, alot of investors took advantage and bought more coins so there is a silver lining in it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:42:28 PM

Well based on what I know, it is based on the law of supply and demand, all markets are. As we all know the supply of Bitcoin is constant in 21 Million so technically, it is based on the demand, so the more people sell, the demands go down so it the price, and if there's more people interested and are buying Bitcoins, the demand will increase and so is the price.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
Raufjoze

Activity: 317
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:10:03 AM

In my opinion, the most noticeable effect on the drop in the price of bitcoin is caused by negative news about the crypto currency. Bitcoin reacts very sensitively to such news, because this changes the ratio between demand and supply, and it depends entirely on them. Recently, we could see this clearly when the bitcoin course reacted sharply with its fall to negative news from China, South Korea, India and other countries.

I think with low supply and high demand means price increases, but if supply is more than demand then it triggers the price to fall. And I think the bitcoin value is based on market supply and demand
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 04:19:37 AM

Well based on what I know, it is based on the law of supply and demand, all markets are. As we all know the supply of Bitcoin is constant in 21 Million so technically, it is based on the demand, so the more people sell, the demands go down so it the price, and if there's more people interested and are buying Bitcoins, the demand will increase and so is the price.

That is the basic rule of trading that is base on supply and demand and it doesn't only apply to cryptocurrencies but in other markets too like stocks and even the every day products that we buy. There are three factors that affect how the price of a coin would move and it would be technical analysis, fundamental analysis and market sentiment. As for technical analysis, the more traders use TA on a trade, the price would be able to follow where the traders would like it to go since the traders most likely would have the same support and resistance level. For fundamental analysis, when there are news that would affect the price of bitcoin, it would go up or down depending on whether its good or bad news. As for market sentiment, when the general public saw what happen  to the price if it goes down then they wouldn't think of buying it but if it goes up along with good news then they would FOMO.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
tamarindbleu

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:27:33 AM

In my opinion, the most noticeable effect on the drop in the price of bitcoin is caused by negative news about the crypto currency. Bitcoin reacts very sensitively to such news, because this changes the ratio between demand and supply, and it depends entirely on them. Recently, we could see this clearly when the bitcoin course reacted sharply with its fall to negative news from China, South Korea, India and other countries.

I think with low supply and high demand means price increases, but if supply is more than demand then it triggers the price to fall. And I think the bitcoin value is based on market supply and demand

There are many influential factor that triggers bitcoin prices to fall down. To name the most influential,the rule of demand and supply contribute to the price dump especially when a lot bitcoin users is selling out of panic.
Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:28:10 AM

In my opinion, cryptocurrencies value tends to go down around the first quarter of the year, because of people selling their coins because of the holidays, and because of this situation, the cryptomarket is clored with red numbers, and when people see this happening, the fud will start spreading that will contribute to the decrease of value of most cryptocurrencies.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
AntonGrishko

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:42:01 AM

Well, base on my experience it is true that bitcoin price or value is so very volatile because every single moment it's move. So for me, bitcoin price will sometimes dump and pump because of the investors.
babaya

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:44:00 AM

In my opinion, cryptocurrencies value tends to go down around the first quarter of the year, because of people selling their coins because of the holidays, and because of this situation, the cryptomarket is clored with red numbers, and when people see this happening, the fud will start spreading that will contribute to the decrease of value of most cryptocurrencies.
people panic while read or know negative news.meanwhile in my opinion fundamental strong enough for bitcoin and crypto.no more negative news that come from goverment.
Bianxee

Activity: 217

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:41:03 AM

Well all you have said was right enough to say what causes or triggers the price to fall down. Many of this occurence are somehow not useful and even some news are interpreted as a FUD its not all is fake but the news when it was first release was biased and having not enough reliable information to know whats behind on it.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
cloudproject

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:11:34 AM

i gues the most impacting about the bitcoin price to fall down is a rumors, when rumors are spread and some people are selling their asset and making the down normaly they are become panic and make the price are become more fall before they know

●  ❱❱  IMMVRSE | Disrupting the VR Industry  ❱❱  ●
Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:49:16 PM

Well it's kinda funny how in the earliest month of the year, bitcoin price tends to fall down.
I don't know why though. As far as i know, it's because there are so many people do panic selling. They heard about bitcoin price increase drastically last year and decided to buy them, but when bitcoin price fell a bit, they became panic and sell all of their coins. Kinda fool decision, but can't blame them since they don't know about bitcoin.
Other factors that may affect maybe media plays that always talk bad thing about bitcoin? Not really sure about it as well.
People are getting this backwards, the price of bitcoin did not went down because it was January, the price went down because in December we saw a huge bull run and it was impossible to maintain that rhythm, then the price began to go down and then people panicked, the fact that is was January was just incidental and the same would have happened regardless of the month we were in.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:21:09 PM

The prices is always depending on the demand and supply so we can expect the volatility of the market or drastic changes depending on the people that is also trading in the market so volatile market is normal.
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:49:15 PM

Well mostly people's interests. Which is heavily influenced by social media. So, per root cause analysis, I would say it's bad publicity that triggers bitcoin's price lowering. A simple scare like banning and most people sell.
True! At most case bad publicity or fake news. another  reason i see is the regulation's. country like south Korea rumor of  Banning cryptocurrency exchanged. some other negatively affected by the news.that couses un  necessary  sell out.

Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:50:27 PM

I believe so, yes. Bitcoin's prices can really be affected by the number of supply and the number of people that wants to use it or hold on to it. But this certainly doesn't mean that the price of it relies on that alone. Clearly, economical issues also affect the prices of not just bitcoins but every coin out there also.
Btcwashu

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:40:19 PM

I believe so, yes. Bitcoin's prices can really be affected by the number of supply and the number of people that wants to use it or hold on to it. But this certainly doesn't mean that the price of it relies on that alone. Clearly, economical issues also affect the prices of not just bitcoins but every coin out there also.

Bitcoin presents a variety of opportunities that did not exist prior to its development.  Yet, it has failed as yet to convert investors concerned about its potential rate of adoption as an alternative currency.  Recent acknowledgement by the IRS that Bitcoin is an asset for tax purposes has clarified the situation for investors, and the promise of frictionless value transfer suggests innovative use cases in foreign direct investment.  In the near term, much of the volatility will be driven by investor perception of the ability of gateways to safeguard individual holdings and provide for a reliable store of value as adoption increases.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: