Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:28:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SAPPHIRE RX 570 NITRO+ 8GB MICRON [bluescreen with original and modified bios]  (Read 132 times)
onestig (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:51:41 PM

Hi,

i have problem with my gpu.
I flashed bios from anorak.tech for rx 570 nitro+ 8gb micron, and getting blue screen.
So, i switched bios to "silent" position, and into windows put it back to original position and flash with original bios. But still getting blue screen(with original bios!)
I tried different drivers, different versions of bios from internet etc.
2gpu's now totally bricked (both bioses), 6gpu's bricked on default side of bios switch.

Please help :/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
[YAZ]

Activity: 208
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:13:07 PM

Patch your pixel clock and refresh rate using atikmdag patcher, it will also handling driver signature. Since 64-bit versions of Windows include a “driver signature enforcement” feature, so the system will only load drivers that have been signed by Microsoft. Also, use your own modded bios, it's safer.
onestig (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:20:54 PM

Hi, of course i used AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher with modded bios. When i use it with modded bios pc crashing after patch.
With original bios crashing instantly after driver install.
Also tried on simplemining, crashing.

I am in mining about 2 years, i have +- 50 gpu, all with good bioses and without problems, this is my first problem.
[YAZ]

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:05:56 PM

I am in mining about 2 years, i have +- 50 gpu, all with good bioses and without problems, this is my first problem.

Yeah, the ways you mod your cards didn't show that you are two years in mining, no offense. C'mon man, two years with +- 50 cards it's enough to mod your cards by yourself, but you didn't.
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:35:11 PM

Yeah, the ways you mod your cards didn't show that you are two years in mining, no offense. C'mon man, two years with +- 50 cards it's enough to mod your cards by yourself, but you didn't.

Exactly my thoughts Smiley

Its never good idea to use bios-es from net, because theres so many versions and revisions of the same card...back
when I was selling bios-es I always modified original ones, even if I did "same" card before
onestig (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:35:47 PM

Yes, you are right. I can mod hynix, samsung and elpida. But nope fu***** micron Smiley
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 05:23:36 PM

Yes, you are right. I can mod hynix, samsung and elpida. But nope fu***** micron Smiley
Why not? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954245.0
If you haven't reinstalled drivers after flash that's probably the problem. Use DDU... you can easily just follow my guide.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 05:52:04 PM

Total BS

You mining for two years ... 50+ cards ... and you downloading bios from the internet and flashing that to your cards  Grin REALLY ??
And you wondering why your cards bricked Huh

You can mod your bios easy with SRBPolaris Bios Editor

just done a few bios mod for a few cards w micron mem yesterday Smiley fired up the rig and still running stable , not even a single restart or hang on open cl Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
[YAZ]

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:05:46 PM

So, you are trying to show me that you are running a lot off the card on one rig without issue? Just Kidding LoL. Glad to see you here, since on other thread we are on different sides. I also mod Polor Rx 580 with micron a few days ago and running smoothly.
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 06:21:39 PM

So, you are trying to show me that you are running a lot off the card on one rig without issue? Just Kidding LoL. Glad to see you here, since on other thread we are on different sides. I also mod Polor Rx 580 with micron a few days ago and running smoothly.

Running 8 cards only right now for a "stress test" for 48 hours in that rig Smiley want to make sure its stable Smiley The total system draw 980Watts (240Volt) at the wall with 8 cards hashing ...
Just modded 8 of Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB SPECIAL EDITION bioses , the 8 cards arrived with 4 different bioses , and 3 different kind of mem .. I got samsung , Hynix , micron memory with those cards ... Modded the bios for each cards  , fine tuned each cards separately in my pc , saved the fine tuned numbers for each cards, placed the cards into the new frame , applied the fine tune numbers for each cards with OverDrivenTool in the mining rig setup , fired up the rig once ..started the miner program ... rig running stable in the past 34 hours , no restart ,no hang on open cl ... Modding the Micron mem cards , and find the right timing was the easiest Smiley One card with Hynix and Samsung mem was the hardest Wink that card running a little bit slower than the another ones ... but stable and still hashing over 30MH/s Smiley - first card / first number on this screenshot :

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
[YAZ]

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:31:39 PM

Running 8 cards only right now for a "stress test" for 48 hours in that rig Smiley want to make sure its stable Smiley The total system draw 980Watts (240Volt) at the wall with 8 cards hashing ...

Yeah, you good on it. Even when we debate, I get much input from it. Keep rocking!  Wink .Now waiting for an update from OP  Tongue
onestig (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:11:56 PM

I just wanted to say that I am in mining for two years, for faster help procces, for leave out questions like "do you have correctly connected risers?" etc.

My problem is that i getting bluescreen with ORIGINAL BIOS now, after flash with wrong bios. Also GPU-Z says 0mb memory, simplemining says 238mb gpu memory.
Reason why i downloaded modded bios from internet was that i can't get more than 26.2mhs from card with simple timing mod for micron on this card. With elpida and hynix on other cards i getting about 29.4-30.2 mhs with timing mod.

So i need some tip or trick why i am getting bluescreen and 0mb memory with original bios now, after previous bad flash. that's all.
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 07:38:15 PM

So i need some tip or trick why i am getting bluescreen and 0mb memory with original bios now, after previous bad flash. that's all.

1 -  you might killed your card already with a bad bios flash ... Its need only a few second to power up your cards with bad bios flashed into it ,if that bios apply crazy voltage settings for your mem controller or any voltage regulator on your card or any voltage sensitive parts on your cards ...

2 - Your windows registry might have some left over tune settings , so you need to use the lates DDU to remove the drivers , tune settings ... then unplug your cards , plug in only  one card and install the latest amd driver or a blockchain driver dated aug 23th

3- did you saved the bios for each cards you have ? Like Card1-Bios1 , Card2-Bios2 , Card3-Bios3 , Card4-Bios4.... ? Your cards from the same manufacturer , might have different bios versions numbers ( see my earlier post about this ), you can not interchange those bios files and flash to another cards ...

4 - What error msg can you see under windows device manager ? Im sure you can see a yellow triangle front of those cards ...

5- did you tried your cards on a different computer ?

onestig (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:37:32 PM

1 -  you might killed your card already with a bad bios flash ... Its need only a few second to power up your cards with bad bios flashed into it ,if that bios apply crazy voltage settings for your mem controller or any voltage regulator on your card or any voltage sensitive parts on your cards ...

2 - Your windows registry might have some left over tune settings , so you need to use the lates DDU to remove the drivers , tune settings ... then unplug your cards , plug in only  one card and install the latest amd driver or a pute-Release-Notes.aspx]blockchain driver dated aug 23th

3- did you saved the bios for each cards you have ? Like Card1-Bios1 , Card2-Bios2 , Card3-Bios3 , Card4-Bios4.... ? Your cards from the same manufacturer , might have different bios versions numbers ( see my earlier post about this ), you can not interchange those bios files and flash to another cards ...

4 - What error msg can you see under windows device manager ? Im sure you can see a yellow triangle front of those cards ...

5- did you tried your cards on a different computer ?

Thanks for reply.

1 - I am 100% sure cards aren't dead. How i said. I have 8 cards - six of them working on silent position with original silent position bios. - two of them are dead on both bios sides.

2 - Already tried DDU, also tried cards on linux (SMOS). When i installing driver again on 90% +- of progress i am geting bluescreen (with original bios). - with modded bios i am not getting blue screen in driver instalation, but after amd pixel clock patcher yes.

3 - Nop Sad I just make sure all cards are with micron memory before flashing :/

4 - I can't go into device manager, getting instant blue screen after windows start logo Sad (I can go to device manager just without gpu driver)

5 - Yes, i tried cards on different computer with same problem after driver install.  
Dragstar

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:21:43 PM

i have the same situation with my 2x nitro 570 8gb  with micron memory.I cant use any modded bios. i have tried all possible solutions except modding my own bios but  i am too lazy to do that....
[YAZ]

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:22:44 AM

i have the same situation with my 2x nitro 570 8gb  with micron memory.I cant use any modded bios. i have tried all possible solutions except modding my own bios but  i am too lazy to do that....

"I can't use any modded bios" it means you didn't mod it by your self? sorry, if am wrong. If you mod it by your self, let us know which strap you change, which PBE you are using?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: