Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:28:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ARGO - Masternodes | Skein | PoW | Microtransaction | ZeroCoin Protocol  (Read 42977 times)
RYK

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:09:04 PM

mn port  - 8989
rpcport?HuhHuhHuh??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
koiner123

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:02:09 PM

https://thenextweb.com/investing-2-0/2017/10/02/how-not-to-be-scammed-into-buying-crappy-cryptocurrencies/

"Anonymity for project creators and team members:  these days, cryptocurrencies are no longer the pariah of the financial industry and creators of new coins should be bold enough to stand behind their work. If you can’t find any meaningful information on the creators or core team members, you should think twice before you buy."

Github activity and sense of constant growth: "Teams working on cryptocurrencies typically have a GitHub presence for their project, at the very least; their programmer will have a GitHub presence. GitHub is home to more than 20 million developers who work together to review code and manage projects. Any cryptocurrency that can’t show meaningful Github activity is most likely working on copied code (sometimes stolen code) and you’ll most likely be investing in their shiny website and emotive sales copy...Github activity is a decent measure of legitimacy."

https://cryptoslate.com/seven-key-signs-ico-scam/

1. Poor Online Presence:  "One of the essential elements to consider when assessing a potential scam is the individuals behind it. A robust initial coin offering will present potential investors with a detailed team breakdown, listing founders, developers, advisors, security experts, and anybody else associated with the project."

4. Empty GitHub Repositories: "An empty code repository is a telltale sign...Most ICOs propose open-source solutions that make it possible for potential investors to assess their code via a repository link like GitHub.  If your ICO links through to an empty repository, then it’s more than likely fraudulent.  By providing links to their code repositories, ICOs allow individuals with programming knowledge to audit their development process and determine whether the proposed solution is valid or not. Checking that the underlying technology that drives a blockchain solution is well-organized and functional is critical when assessing initial coin offerings."

5. No White Paper, Bad White Papers, or Blatantly Plagiarized White Papers:  "A white paper is the most important element of any initial coin offering. In a white paper, an ICO will present an outline of what it plans to achieve, a breakdown of how the technical aspects of the platform function, and delineate its token distribution model. If an ICO doesn’t provide a white paper, then it’s undoubtedly a scam."

Argo is shady shady shady to the max.  But nothing to worry about right guys?  Wink  Raty's deep investigation...lets trust that there's a good reason why the team is hiding everything, making things suspicious resembling a scam and not doing any visible work on the code in 4 months Smiley Smiley Smiley

one question:
If it is a scam so why they did not sell their premined coins when price was very high? I did not find answer for it in your conspiracy theory.

Here are 3 possible explanations:
(1) Look at the price graph; many people sold when it was very high. There are the scammers and there are the early masternode holders and friends of the scammers.  Friends of the scammers are usually the early masternode holders.  The friends of the scammers sold lots of coins when the price was high and made lots of $$$$, maybe even to give back the $ back to the scammers.  OR: (2) By holding onto masternodes a long time, they make more money in the long run by selling later, even when price is lower.   and (3) The scammers already got 8 BTC free money in the auctions ($64,000) anyway.  The scammers were the ones who pumped up the price in the first place.

Do you see how this can work? Those are 3 easy explanations that I thought of, and there are many more possibilities.  Scammers are more clever than ever these days.  They can dump their premined coins ANYTIME in the future, by the way, but there would need to be buy orders for this scam coin.

So there's your answer. I hope the "they did not sell their premine when price was high" is your only defense.   Way too many reasons this seems like a scam coin.  And remember it's so SO easy to show that it's not a scam coin.   Just show your code, or write a whitepaper, or give any info about the team, or many other ways.    SO EASY TO SHOW THAT YOU"RE NOT A SCAM COIN.
Raty

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:22:13 AM

I don't think this is a scam.
BUT their very poor activity on Discord and telegram in last days is very suspicious! I got last answer from them 4 days ago  Sad

If it is a scam so I don't understand why they did not make fake info about team identity and make some copy of good Whitepaper ... it would be get price high for a while and they would be able to sell their premined coins.
They premined about 730k coins and 100k coins were used for MN auction but other 630k coins are still in their wallet! It was about 1 mil $ when Argo price was high ... And their clean profit from MN auction is only about 80k $ not more. And they spent another $ for fee for other Exchange. And they wasted time with that video and paper wallet.
This is not a 100% scam. There is a chance but if it is scam so it is scam with very small profit. So I cannot to belive it.

My theory is:
Price dropped due to first lies about scam on 12 Feb.
After it they tried to do something with price by another announcements but without big success.
After some days they resigned for actual price and they focused only on their work (or maybe relaxing - only they know).
This is long term project so they don't be so hurry. Because we have big coin inflation still now (about 80-90k new coins each day).
It is better for them wait with another progress some time when more than half coins will be created and inflation will not be so high. Because low inflation = much better price grow. And they have excellent chance to get cheap coins for them to their private wallets.
On base of their road map they should have done their MN tools until end of June. So they still have more than one month for work. And after June we can shout on them they are late.

WhitePaper is another chapter. I got info from them they want to have excellent WP (yes it is only info from them).
But it is necessary for their trust because if they will make bad WP so it is same like no WP. (Maybe it was their first plan to create some WP fast and after some time update it on some excellent one - WP 2.0 in their road map)

It is my theory. I am not part of their team.
koiner123

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:06:00 PM

I don't think this is a scam.
BUT their very poor activity on Discord and telegram in last days is very suspicious! I got last answer from them 4 days ago  Sad

If it is a scam so I don't understand why they did not make fake info about team identity and make some copy of good Whitepaper ... it would be get price high for a while and they would be able to sell their premined coins.
They premined about 730k coins and 100k coins were used for MN auction but other 630k coins are still in their wallet! It was about 1 mil $ when Argo price was high ... And their clean profit from MN auction is only about 80k $ not more. And they spent another $ for fee for other Exchange. And they wasted time with that video and paper wallet.
This is not a 100% scam. There is a chance but if it is scam so it is scam with very small profit. So I cannot to belive it.

My theory is:
After it they tried to do something with price by another announcements but without big success.
After some days they resigned for actual price and they focused only on their work (or maybe relaxing - only they know).
This is long term project so they don't be so hurry. Because we have big coin inflation still now (about 80-90k new coins each day).
It is better for them wait with another progress some time when more than half coins will be created and inflation will not be so high. Because low inflation = much better price grow. And they have excellent chance to get cheap coins for them to their private wallets.
On base of their road map they should have done their MN tools until end of June. So they still have more than one month for work. And after June we can shout on them they are late.

WhitePaper is another chapter. I got info from them they want to have excellent WP (yes it is only info from them).
But it is necessary for their trust because if they will make bad WP so it is same like no WP. (Maybe it was their first plan to create some WP fast and after some time update it on some excellent one - WP 2.0 in their road map)

It is my theory. I am not part of their team.

There are more than 3000 cryptocurrency projects.  Many are scams.  Here's a German one that just disappeared yesterday after stealing $50 million https://cointelegraph.com/news/in-apparent-exit-scam-ceo-of-german-startup-is-over-and-out-after-50-mln-ico .

Price didn't drop because of "lies of a scam."  Don't blame that.  EVERY project faces accusations of being a scam, even bitcoin and good projects like Ethereum and NEO.  It's up to every project to show that they are serious and real and to persuade the community and keep their confidence high.  Argo people were only serious in the very beginning when they raised 18BTC in auctions and were very communicative and worked hard just to collect $150,000.  The fact is that they behaved like a scam the whole time.  It is still VERY easy to show people that you are not a scam (just show your code in Github like most projects do, make a goal and deliver on your promises, tell us about your team, don't hide, communicate often, don't say you will do a whitepaper but not have it on your timeline at all and then never do one).  The truth is they never did any of this, so people correctly said they are acting like a scam and have been acting like this for 4 months.

Isn't it strange that they were only active early on when they were grabbing $150,000 (and keeping $80k)?

Maybe it's not a BIG scam, but it still feels like a slow, long term scam.  Maybe it'll be like one of these projects on https://deadcoins.com/ where the developer eventually says "sorry guys I don't have time to work on this project."  Because isn't that basically what's happening now?  How much time do you need to give them before you decide it's not a serious project.

Raty

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:21:15 PM

That project started on the end of January. So it is only 2 month and half old.
It is too soon to make some decision about this project. They are still in range of their road map.
So lets wait until end of June and we will see. Price cannot drop so much now.
If dev team don't have time for continue so community can takeover that project .... yes it is not good but better than nothing.
I am big fan of this project. Because that MN invest platform for Argo and other coins is VERY good project.
crd007

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:07:31 PM

It is too soon to make some decision about this project. They are still in range of their road map.
If dev team don't have time for continue so community can takeover that project .... yes it is not good but better than nothing.
I am big fan of this project. Because that MN invest platform for Argo and other coins is VERY good project.
Nothing special about Argo. Just another MN coin. It works, that's true but there are many other like this.
Nothing to set argo apart. There are better unique MN coins to invest in. I can recommend you Phore and Snowgem. Go put your money into something with active development and unique ideas.
If you want to invest into another scam MN coin I can recommend you QBIC - at least this coin has awoken a bit (due to community takeover) Cheesy
This would be the only thing that could rescue this shitty project here ..

koiner123

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:09:01 PM

The roadmap seems pretty fake to me.  It says White Paper 2.0 for Q3-4 but no white paper 1.0 anywhere?Huh?  They said Feb 28 whitepaper would be done, but now they don't say anything.  And Mobile Wallets is on the roadmap for 2019 -- so why are they saying they are working on mobile wallets now  but not working on the project itself??     There's 240 masternode projects listed on https://masternodes.online/ , and to be honest, most are fake and not real either (no one is actually working on them).  Emperor coin, Ipsum, DemosPay, Blazarium, ITIS. Network, DynamoPay, Almex, Eliqua, NYXCoin, GuardianCoin, Frozen, Slash, SmartQuorum and many other coins promise a 4600% return on investment! (ROI) lol.   Same formula as Argo: (Step 1) copy dash code, (Step 2) buy Masternode.online listing, (Step 3) sell masternodes on auction, make 18 BTC.  Then (Step 4) laugh at the suckers and go on vacation.  All these projects are no worse than Argo.  Fake scam projects, no one is actually working hard on the project.

I am almost positive the Argo developers are also working on some of these other projects.  They're working hard and are busy, but NOT busy working on Argo -- they're busy making many many more scam masternode projects.  Collect $150,000 in auction, repeat the process over and over again.

This is what I mean by scam.  240 masternode projects doing the same thing as Argo.  Grab money, do no work.  After ROI goes down, no demand so people move on.  People will buy the next masternode that has higher profit, and developers don't do any work so of course the coin's value will not go up.
Pick Axe
Copper Member

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 07:44:15 PM

The DISCORD link seems to be not functioning. 

Is there a good DISCORD link that I can use?

Thanks all....
Raty

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:02:07 PM

The roadmap seems pretty fake to me.  It says White Paper 2.0 for Q3-4 but no white paper 1.0 anywhere?Huh?  They said Feb 28 whitepaper would be done, but now they don't say anything.  And Mobile Wallets is on the roadmap for 2019 -- so why are they saying they are working on mobile wallets now  but not working on the project itself??     There's 240 masternode projects listed on https://masternodes.online/ , and to be honest, most are fake and not real either (no one is actually working on them).  Emperor coin, Ipsum, DemosPay, Blazarium, ITIS. Network, DynamoPay, Almex, Eliqua, NYXCoin, GuardianCoin, Frozen, Slash, SmartQuorum and many other coins promise a 4600% return on investment! (ROI) lol.   Same formula as Argo: (Step 1) copy dash code, (Step 2) buy Masternode.online listing, (Step 3) sell masternodes on auction, make 18 BTC.  Then (Step 4) laugh at the suckers and go on vacation.  All these projects are no worse than Argo.  Fake scam projects, no one is actually working hard on the project.

I am almost positive the Argo developers are also working on some of these other projects.  They're working hard and are busy, but NOT busy working on Argo -- they're busy making many many more scam masternode projects.  Collect $150,000 in auction, repeat the process over and over again.

This is what I mean by scam.  240 masternode projects doing the same thing as Argo.  Grab money, do no work.  After ROI goes down, no demand so people move on.  People will buy the next masternode that has higher profit, and developers don't do any work so of course the coin's value will not go up.

I don't think that all 240 MN projects are scam ... you are so crazy guy.
If they are working hard on other scam coins so why they wasted time with that video and paper wallet for Argo? And why they did not sell ANY their premined coin? except that coins used for MNs. .... it is not look like 100% scam
koiner123

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:42:19 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 09:53:30 PM by koiner123

I don't think that all 240 MN projects are scam ... you are so crazy guy.
If they are working hard on other scam coins so why they wasted time with that video and paper wallet for Argo? And why they did not sell ANY their premined coin? except that coins used for MNs. .... it is not look like 100% scam

They're a Ponzi scheme (ponzi schemes give the illusion there's something there, but actually only benefits the creators and tricks everyone else).  I didn't say ALL 240 masternode projects are a scam.  Many are a scam though, especially the ones where they don't work hard at all and hide their code and hide their team info (ooops that's Argo).  Remember, all the need to do is change the name of the coin and create a new discord and pay for another Masternodes.Online listing and with such high ROI, many people will pay for the new coin.    Do you really think all 240 projects are real, that people are working hard on them?

Let's make a new coin called Rargo (Raty Argo).  Copy Dash code, pay for MasternodeOnline listing and cheap Cryptobridge exchange, promise 4600% ROI, get fast $80,000 from auctions.  You can do this many times until you become super rich.

Why else do you think Argo team is so quiet and not working, hiding the code, no white paper, and hiding the fact that they aren't working on anything?

They ARE working.. but working on many many masternode coins.

if someone HIDES something, ask WHY are they hiding these things?
koiner123

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:19:31 AM

http://explorer.argocash.com/address/AT7mWidp5iguEx9fDk3XfvGxheEw3Fomkh
http://explorer.argocash.com/address/AHsHaiY1WMHKFcaBDAcKJmtNzwA7N6R41i

I find it very very odd that these two addresses have sent 2377429 ARGO and received 2392165 ARGO (tons of transactions even today!) but the balance is only 14735 ARGO.  That's almost 5 million ARGO out of the total supply of 11 million!!

So, Raty, that answers your question about the scam developers and not selling their premine.
When two addresses sell 5 million coins, but hide it in wallets that have small amounts, it's easy to hide the $$$$.

(I bet you thought http://explorer.argocash.com/address/ANKyLKB4BBF5JAeRSXGDU68yHEe5CwMd4w was the premine address because that has the most coins in the wallet huh? Nope, that's just to trick everyone).

boom! mystery solved.
crd007

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:48:58 AM

I find it very very odd that these two addresses have sent 2377429 ARGO and received 2392165 ARGO (tons of transactions even today!) but the balance is only 14735 ARGO.  That's almost 5 million ARGO out of the total supply of 11 million!!

So, Raty, that answers your question about the scam developers and not selling their premine.
When two addresses sell 5 million coins, but hide it in wallets that have small amounts, it's easy to hide the $$$$.

(I bet you thought http://explorer.argocash.com/address/ANKyLKB4BBF5JAeRSXGDU68yHEe5CwMd4w was the premine address because that has the most coins in the wallet huh? Nope, that's just to trick everyone).

boom! mystery solved.

Could also be a shared masternode hosting service which pays it's users regular ..?

Raty

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:10:17 AM

boom! mystery solved.

Could also be a shared masternode hosting service which pays it's users regular ..?

koiner knows everything best Cheesy
koiner123

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:27:27 PM

boom! mystery solved.

koiner knows everything best Cheesy

Thanks! I was surprised too...  just trying to help people here.  Unless you like being tricked.
ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:10:14 AM

This is the funniest thread on the forum  Grin
koiner123

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:25:33 PM

This is the funniest thread on the forum  Grin

haha yep.  On the Discord I asked a couple times when is the Whitepaper coming?  And then I was banned for that.  hmmmmmmmm always a good sign to get banned for asking reasonable questions.  

When the team lies to you, that's always a good sign.  Search for "Whitepaper" in Discord and see what Yuness and the CEO said!  When you search, you can see he said it will be done in February several times.  But now see what they say when you ask!  Search what they say in Discord and see what happens.  And now they Discord link is broken for weeks, and they don't care either!

Hint: A team lying and banning is a bad sign

Hint: hiding stuff like your code and team info is a bad sign

Hint: a broken discord invite and them not caring is a bad sign

Hint: 5,000,000 ARGO being flowed around is a bad sign

Hint: almost 4 months and only an explainer video that can be made in Fiverr for $5 in one day is a bad sign

lol

obornik

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:53:46 PM

NEW ARGO POOL
0.5% FEE
Code:
NVIDIA     ccminer.exe -a skein -o stratum+tcp://miningclub.cc:4933 -u <Your_wallet_address> c=ARGO
Code:
AMD         sgminer.exe -k skein -o stratum+tcp://miningclub.cc:4933 -u <Your_wallet_address> c=ARGO

YOU'RE WELCOME ON THE POOL
The_Don1

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:01:40 AM

When whitepaper team ?.. you are not able  ban me from here.. you guys are just and idiot scammer with no development.. Lets dump tgis shit to 1sat
koiner123

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:37:25 AM

When whitepaper team ?.. you are not able  ban me from here.. you guys are just and idiot scammer with no development.. Lets dump tgis shit to 1sat

wow, the only work the Argo team is actually doing is banning people on Discord.  And the Discord link doesn't work any more, because they know people are starting to ask questions.

Raty's deep investigation....

when whitepaper?
when code updates?
when discord fixed?

when will you admit you're not actually doing any work?
xaker74

Activity: 1016
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:05:55 AM

Highest point hype with masternodes ending long time ago, and now when bitcoin price down from 20k $, no anyone not want do a long time investment, all people who have bought a lot of masternode go out from crypto. Therefore, the developers are in no hurry to promote the project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: