Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:01:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Top reasons that leads to fail in trading  (Read 3152 times)
Asoss.io (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:35:46 PM
Merited by Apened (7), robelneo (1), yanto@1977 (1)

Top reasons that leads to fail in trading

Being emotional. It's hard to control your emotions especially once prices go down and you see all your money go down the drain. The panic seller's attempts to cut losses has only hurt them more in the process and makes them end up losing even more. Unfortunately, FOMO takes over and this is what kills the newbie traders. Using your emotions will probaly lead you to lose everything..

Drifting through the wind. chasing the ones that are already pumping, which is very risky. You bought when the price is still high then price dropped and you are holding a bag of expensive coin.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Diversity. Diversify your investments so if one falls, other investment may help you to recover.

For best in the trading field you need these 5 things to be added in your check list, as all these five things are pillars of success here in the trading.
1) Solid Trading Strategy
2) Trade Plan
3) Money Management Skills
4) Reasons for Entries and exits.
5) Journal, News

P.s
I have quote some people words from my last topic
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:02:07 AM

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Diversity. Diversify your investments so if one falls, other investment may help you to recover.

I love this formula / proverb, all traders are sometimes greedy. so they forget the risk of trading without leaving capital to keep prices deeper.
Trading does look cruel to anyone who does not have a strategy.
thank you for sharing, this post is very useful.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:58:28 AM

Drifting through the wind. chasing the ones that are already pumping, which is very risky. You bought when the price is still high then price dropped and you are holding a bag of expensive coin.

Unrealistic expectations - Reason No. 1

Unrealistic expectations are the common reasons that are influencing the traders in many aspects.

Tracking the false pumps with the goal of the fast profit gain has become a habit amongst the mass percent of the investors. Their unrealistic strange trading habits are usually leading them to a wrong path which is equal to the long-term loss.

On psychological aspect, unrealist goals are only amplifying the trader's anger which is also usually leading to a greater loss.

Unrealistic goals are not supported in the market world!

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Raindez316

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:37:23 AM

Being emotional. It's hard to control your emotions especially once prices go down and you see all your money go down the drain. The panic seller's attempts to cut losses has only hurt them more in the process and makes them end up losing even more. Unfortunately, FOMO takes over and this is what kills the newbie traders. Using your emotions will probaly lead you to lose everything..

For best in the trading field you need these 5 things to be added in your check list, as all these five things are pillars of success here in the trading.
2) Trade Plan
5) Journal, News

P.s

In additional, people who depends on the suggestion of other people also tend to fail in trading. Those people who are lazy to study the coins never do research and rely only to the forum comments. They also victimize by hyping the coins.
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:59:10 AM

Being emotional really is one that triggers failure not only in trading but also in any kind of investment because as much as you would like to hold your investment you got panic after hearing or reading bad news about it and decided to sell whatever you have believing it can save you from big lost. Another is putting your eggs in one basket it is really obvious  that many are afraid of trying other stuff and instead focus on one item which resulting to either a failure or success unlike if it is diversified chances of good income is likely to achieve
vladbakshoo

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:04:37 AM

2) Trade Plan
5) Journal, News

P.s

Good reasons i agree i would like to add if u don't know about charting and fundamentals u should avoid day trading and stick to hodling . also if lose some profit don't revenge trade by becoming emotional and try to recover ur profit quickly instead try to figure out what's wrong with my trading strategy
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:59:39 AM

I like your synopsis as well and it is very helpful for newbies. I also have another one to add on the list. Don't buy during FOMO and don't sell during FUD. So many times we may lose great opportunities for holding a coin to reap the long term rewards because of selling to early or buying in too late. You need also to check the roadmap of a coin, don't just follow the day traders, they don't always get it right because you might sell your coins just before a huge price spike due to an impending important announcement. If it means holding on a few more days to see the price double, hold!!!

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:19:10 AM

Unrealistic expectations - Reason No. 1

Unrealistic expectations are the common reasons that are influencing the traders in many aspects.

Tracking the false pumps with the goal of the fast profit gain has become a habit amongst the mass percent of the investors. Their unrealistic strange trading habits are usually leading them to a wrong path which is equal to the long-term loss.

On psychological aspect, unrealist goals are only amplifying the trader's anger which is also usually leading to a greater loss.

Unrealistic goals are not supported in the market world!
Yeah people just look at the good things produced by other traders, they don't care about the risk inside of it, the struggle and the process to reach a successful trading. As for the results it's make people put high expectation wants to have the same success stories without having a real struggle in other words it's unrealistic.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:25:22 AM

2) Trade Plan
5) Journal, News

P.s

Number 1 especially. Basically all of the market and trading is psychology on a macro level. This is why people buy when the price goes up, and sell when the price is low. To make profits, it should be the other way around, but people can't control their emotions

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
carter937

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:34:34 AM

2) Trade Plan
5) Journal, News

P.s

I think the reason for the failure is a lot, probably due to lack of technical analysis, or not much experience, can not keep track of the market. Besides subjective, aggressive will also lead you to failure. My first failure was due to lack of understanding and subjective with what I was doing, was too proud of it that led to failure. I lost 90% of my fortune in one night.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:39:43 AM

There could be thousands of reason for people getting failed with their trading. One prime reason why they are failing must be, lack of knowledge and experience. Yes, I mean to say when you are having sufficient knowledge and experience then you can overcome any situation and can manage any trade into profitable.

Failures in trading is common for any trader but how we are managing is more important because when you are making more profitable trading than failure ones then you can become a successful trader easily.
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:22:44 AM

Be sure to use any convenient tools and trading algorithms for you. This will protect against ill-considered spontaneous the trade. Typically, this should be 5-10 indicators, which will lay out in front of you a picture of what is happening. It is always necessary in the head to keep the classic stop-loss 2-3% and correlate them with the levels you enter. If you see support from below that you can fall after your purchase, but it's a long stop before it - enter the trade with a smaller amount. Do not take any chances. Better still to buy below closer to the stop than to be nervous and catch a long loss on a large volume.
G2z_Riya

Activity: 217
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:37:29 AM

Over expectations leads to loss, next thing is to expecting the profit return in a very small time period without letting the asset to grow in value. Next thing is the long term holding, when one is involved into trading at certain time interval the coins need to be sold and then bought back.
cryptotricks

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:02:20 AM

You can add 'No money management'. I have seen a lot of traders who win yet to dont make it big or fail. They have a strategy, but without money management all strategy will fail over time.

Money management and Discipline are the two important things to be a pro trader.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:19:05 AM

Being emotional

You should consider trading like a computer would predict the next chess move, you analyse all the options available and you make your choice based on the options you have. Once you have already invested your only options are either hold for the long term, sell when in profit, or sell when at a loss. You should only sell at a loss when the market is quite clearly never going to recover, e.g. If you've bought in at the top of the pump of a sh!tcoin, just cut your losses and sell at whatever you can, as you're not getting your money back. For coins with a lot of long term potential, it is a poor idea to sell at a short term loss, just hold until you are happy with the gains.

Emotion should play no part in your decision making, if you just consider your bitcoins as valuable in and of themselves, trading to gain more BTC (irrespective of fiat value) should be your priority. e.g. If you own 1 bitcoin when it is $15,000, then after a series of trades you now have 1.2 bitcoin, but the value has dropped to $10,000 per btc, you can consider that a success as you've still improved your BTC holdings.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
nastaverba

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:21:57 AM

Because all people want fast and easy money and cant put an effort on HODL  Grin
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:07:33 AM

2) Trade Plan
5) Journal, News

P.s

News can be frustrating it can cause a panic selling to happen widespread everywhere trade plan is everything and you must always have reserve for each of your trades keep a planned amount and be that labled as untochable cause maybe after you loss a coin also lable it as done it might be a problem if you don't remember the last wrong commitment you've done.
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:48:43 AM

2) Trade Plan
5) Journal, News

P.s

yes you are right most people who can not have a very high patience to make people become loss or fall, there is also a weak when the price drops sharply they panic and sell it instantly at a cheap price while the price after it goes back up it would make people very loss, so the key is to require a lot of patience.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 261

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:07:52 PM

2) Trade Plan
5) Journal, News

P.s

Yeah,you are saying right reasons for loses in trading.I like the one Being emotional and it is the main cause of losing while trading.We need to be very careful while trading because not everyone can success here only the people with skills can.

*If you quote from someone's post then you need to provide the links also or it will be consider are copy pasting then it will leads to ban.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 714

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:13:24 PM

Agree with all the facts provided by you but would like to mention one good point that you missed out and that is taking part in Pump and Dump. Yes, I do consider it to be an important aspect why Newbies loose money because it was done by me when I was a beginner in trading. We should never take part in pump and dumps as it will make us be a bag holder. At least not as a newbie because they lack knowledge of trading and end up losing money. Rather than making these mistakes, give some time to learn trading and then start your journey in a slow pace.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███