Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:48:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on the new merit system?  (Read 918 times)
Igromania

Activity: 320
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:44:29 PM

I'm not too sure about this new merit system.  Although these boards have been getting a lot more spam, it will be much more difficult to level up your bitcointalk account.  Most people are not even going to bother and give out merit to quality posts.

What are your thoughts, do you like the new merit system?
I don't like. Because don't understand how i can get Merit if i am a beginner and can't write posts of high quality.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iigor

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:52:19 PM

I'm not too sure about this new merit system.  Although these boards have been getting a lot more spam, it will be much more difficult to level up your bitcointalk account.  Most people are not even going to bother and give out merit to quality posts.

I don't like. Because don't understand how i can get Merit if i am a beginner and can't write posts of high quality.

You get Merit when you write quality posts. Someone appreciate your post and give you merit point. The bottom line is if you write spam no one will ever give you Merit, but if you write good quality posts, that help other members, they will give you Merit and you will up rank.

Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:54:15 PM

if your post make other members feel fun, satified with what they need to know, may be they will give you merit for thank.
vivavarija

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:29:16 PM
Merited by DedGin (4), prizrak9484 (2), JulkaEsya (1)

This is certainly great,thus reduce the amount of spam. But while it is almost impossible to get a new rank. When merit has just appeared , I was on one of the threads asked the question,asked to explain me the situation and what me to do(I was then lowered in rank and on the same day returned it)I was even accused that I beg some merit for me Smiley
Plimo

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

Shopify Developer

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:31:05 PM

Hmm , It is not effecting me a lot.
But I don't think it's a good thing. But we will see how it will go.

atliens99 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:06:03 PM

This system is very unfair, it highly favors the older users. A lot of these higher rank users ranked up by posting short messages.  It's exponetially harder to level up now, most people won't even bother t osend out merit.  Then you throw in the fact that people are going t osell merit and corrupt the whole system.
bttmember

Activity: 938

AMEPAY

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:10:09 PM
Merited by JulkaEsya (1)

This system is very unfair, it highly favors the older users. A lot of these higher rank users ranked up by posting short messages.  It's exponetially harder to level up now, most people won't even bother t osend out merit.  Then you throw in the fact that people are going t osell merit and corrupt the whole system.

I agree with you, this new system cannot be justified, it will only benefit the old members that are already enjoying high ranks without the need for merit.

Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:14:51 PM

I totally agree; There is no way for me to achieve the next position of Full Member (I'd need 90 merit...), not talking about higher positions.

Of course, only legendaries are happy with this new system, so they can make high rewarding campaign, keeping away the concurrence.
(please note the most of them are pure shitposters, chek their posts...).
The only hope is that Theymos will understand that the system is unsustainable also from a mathematical point of view: merits after some time will disappear, so...no more merits at all.
We'll see.

Looks like this new system will make it almost impossible for new members to reach higher ranks, sounds like a monopoly by the typical beaurocracy to stop the public from getting its rights, we are fedup of our governments and systems in our lives already and now we are refused freedom in the online world in this forum as well, we have been deprived of our rightful ranks, it is time to speak up against this brutal new system. There were many other options to stop spam and shitposts, just minus the activity point per spam or shitposts, and if someone post more than 3 spam or shitposts per week then he can be suspended from posting for next week. But implementing a stopping system is against democracy and freedom of the forum members, i personally want this system to be removed and restore the old system.

rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:16:00 PM

I agree with you, this new system cannot be justified, it will only benefit the old members that are already enjoying high ranks without the need for merit.
It was not unfair just consider it as a new challenge to improve your post. Because most of the users in bitcointalk are joining because they just want to earn money. This principle's can't consider of this sites they do this merit systems to see how people level up their quality of post.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:22:14 PM

It was not unfair just consider it as a new challenge to improve your post. Because most of the users in bitcointalk are joining because they just want to earn money. This principle's can't consider of this sites they do this merit systems to see how people level up their quality of post.

It's not true: there is not enough merits to disposition: as member, I've just ONE to give. Then, stop. Oh, and I've to receive TWO to give ONE.
So, merits will disappear in short time (the mining proposed can't compensate).
So, even you write masterworks, no one will have merits to offers.
I'm pretty sure the system will change; because it doesn't make other sense than to give unfair privileges to old members.

sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:30:22 PM

i think its a good system. i read today the first posting about it in the meta section. i wonder why so many people are so angry about the new system. the system is new and only time will tell if the system works good or not. my question is can a normal user of this forum apply as a merit source?
Igromania

Activity: 320

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:48:53 PM

You get Merit when you write quality posts. Someone appreciate your post and give you merit point. The bottom line is if you write spam no one will ever give you Merit, but if you write good quality posts, that help other members, they will give you Merit and you will up rank.
I understand that, but merit even for good posts rarely give because they are sold. Why would a man just to put merit, if he can sell it?
Dakshkapoor

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 05:17:55 PM

THis merit is good to prevent bad comments on different threads but it may have a bad impact on the new users of bitcointalk as they have to face lot of competition now. Their ranks will increase if both activity and merit increases. now if they don't get merit points from anyone they they may buy these points from another users. I think that nobody in this world will donate these merit points to anyone without any his own gain.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
entr

Activity: 602
Merit: 277

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:35:26 PM

Bounties are really important part of a forum but they also cause of low quality messages on forum. Because of the some bounty campaigns, last month was a mess. Post qualities were terrible. I hope merit system will hinder spamming and rank farming.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:49:40 PM

I think that this topic is not for the altcoins section. But anyway, I think that Merit system should be a little but upgraded. What is the sense for me as a high ranked member to give away my merits? Maybe I'm just don't used to do it, but if there will some reward system for giving out merits it would be great.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:59:35 PM
Merited by dustboy (1)

I have a doubts that everyone will use it and good posts may just sink in trash posts and nobody would give them any merit. From the other hand some ppl may start creating high quality posts.
JulkaEsya

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:12:28 PM

But the situation may develop in such a way that one tries,writes good,thoughtful posts,but others just don't notice it in a great many other equally good posts! And what to do then?
JRDuran

Activity: 145

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:17:44 PM

I prefer myself to be quite for now about this one and I choose to wait and see the result for the coming results before giving my opinion. What I know every comment opposite to this side can't change of what is already given.
dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:25:13 PM

Bounties are really important part of a forum but they also cause of low quality messages on forum. Because of the some bounty campaigns, last month was a mess. Post qualities were terrible. I hope merit system will hinder spamming and rank farming.

I'm not sure if the merit system will be effective to prevent spammers, the fact there are still many useless posts in this board such as "great project" "I'm interested to join" "good job dev" "it has great future" and many other similar posts made by (mostly) newbie and brand new accounts.
On other hand, it will be effective to prevent account farming because it is now hard to rank up as users need both activity points and merit points to rank up.
zoiapisya

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:09:59 PM

It somehow had to happen. Remember what was the influx of new users, which was the reason for the failure of the forum servers. The forum administration was forced to introduce a system of merit

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: