Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:36:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on the new merit system?  (Read 919 times)
roxbit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:46:14 PM

I'm not too sure about this new merit system.  Although these boards have been getting a lot more spam, it will be much more difficult to level up your bitcointalk account.  Most people are not even going to bother and give out merit to quality posts.

What are your thoughts, do you like the new merit system?

Merit was created to decrease the users who are creating unconstructive post and also to hinder other users to create multiple accounts. The downside of merits is just, it was like a biased for those early users who already ranked up their account to legendary easily.

Honestly at first I was disappointed with this new merit system because as a Jr Member  it is hard for me to level up my rank again. Even how constructive, how well I post no one will bother to merit it anyway. I understand that it is their way to avoid spamming in the forum and to avoid multiple accounts. But it will decrease or lessen my chances to grow my rank and to earn more in the bounties.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jelqings

Activity: 13
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:51:23 PM

In my point of view merit system will force people to post quality contents here,it will lessen shitposters and spam in the whole forum and i dont quite understand why people complaining about this.This is a verygood move from theymos,the just want to bring back the old days which this forum is known about,because most of the people in this forum is about the signature campaigns and for the money.
AimHigh

Activity: 554
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:55:08 PM

When i see this i was curious what is this new system
 For what using this new system of bitcoin that was merit so someone who post according to merit thay was i realize that this is the perfect idea of the developer for those who taking advantage of bitcoin forum even short post it is also counted so that when i read this i am agree to avoid spammer and thos always taking advantage.
hiddenmist

Activity: 199

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:28:34 PM

I'm not too sure about this new merit system.  Although these boards have been getting a lot more spam, it will be much more difficult to level up your bitcointalk account.  Most people are not even going to bother and give out merit to quality posts.

It is totally unfair. You need to post on meta in able to get a merit but if you are posting in a regular thread, good luck to you even if your comments are helpful or quality post. Who ever suggest it is stupid because it will not solve the problem instead it will create another problem like selling their merit to be able to rank up their account. The new
 merit system will just damage the image or the reputation of the forum and sooner or later. Someone will create a forum like this that has a better policy.

Turk Ace

Activity: 360
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 06:20:44 PM
Merited by Snixer (1)

I think that the system needs improvements. High ranks will not give merits to the newcomers of the forum for good posts, it will already be unfair.

That's not true. I give merit to a good post. Doesn't have to be the most brilliant post ever made but I will give merit for a good post and I don't even look at what rank the person I give the merits to are.

I'm not too sure about this new merit system.  Although these boards have been getting a lot more spam, it will be much more difficult to level up your bitcointalk account.  Most people are not even going to bother and give out merit to quality posts.

It is totally unfair. You need to post on meta in able to get a merit but if you are posting in a regular thread, good luck to you even if your comments are helpful or quality post. Who ever suggest it is stupid because it will not solve the problem instead it will create another problem like selling their merit to be able to rank up their account. The new
 merit system will just damage the image or the reputation of the forum and sooner or later. Someone will create a forum like this that has a better policy.

Yes exactly. It just creates more work for mods because it's just another thing to be abused and now they have to monitor it. I'm seeing people make good posts and not be rewarded. It's very disheartening. It's gonna be like steemit. Only the high ranks or a small group of people get merit and the rest get none just like steemit. A nonesense article that's ok quality gets high steemit rewards just because the owner owns a lot of steel tokens.

For what using this new system of bitcoin that was merit so someone who post according to merit thay was i realize that this is the perfect idea of the developer for those who taking advantage of bitcoin forum even short post it is also counted so that when i read this i am agree to avoid spammer and thos always taking advantage.

It's funny you should say that. You haven't been given a single merit points and neither have I. Most people haven't even got 1 and it's not because they don't post well it's because people don't care.
ZaynDale

Activity: 238

T H E G O L D E N I C O

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 06:32:52 PM

There will always be room for improvement. At first it will be quite hard for us. But we will get used to it anyway and benefit from it. We may not find it convenient as of the moment but I know in the future this will help us also improve mentally. This will force us to make more sense and compose our thoughts in a more decent way.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │     T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  22nd  M A Y                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Webcelerator
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:47:47 PM

For example, I do not mind to distribute these likes to other users.  I will give them out, I do not mind. Just less people will participate in the campaign signatures. that's all.
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:53:40 PM

It's a bummer to those that are new or those that are higher ranked and were close to increasing their rank.  Under the old system, I would have been just a couple weeks away from reaching Sr. Member status but its going to take a bit more time now.   Grin
Rostock

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:20:45 PM

Although I'm new and just started doing it, but I do not think that this innovation can improve the quality of posts and protect the forum from spam. The item entitled Merit undoubtedly affects only the difficulty of attaining new ranks for Bitcoin Talk. I can not really understand - WHY? After all, if a person wants to - he can just buy an account, and this is what many people who write spam are doing. Such people do not need to write something sensible, they just need to write one sentence in order to participate in the Bounty. With all this, I can not understand how it will be necessary to try to write good and high-quality posts, what would you be given the Merit? After all, there are a lot of people on this forum. The merits, there are not so many of them, and I think that they will not be enough to distribute to all those who really deserve them. And again, the more people try, the more they will not only write meaningfully and constructively, but more often! And is not it just as spam? When people write meaningfully but trying to get the Merit - write 10 to 20 (maybe I'm exaggerating - but approximately) the answers per day?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
arakosta

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:23:36 PM

I think it was about time we switched to a merit-based system. People who submit quality posts deserve to rank up, quality>quantity.

Rostock

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:44:08 PM

I think it was about time we switched to a merit-based system. People who submit quality posts deserve to rank up, quality>quantity.
Yes, that would be better. But as far as I understand now everything is tied to the fact that in bounty companies it is necessary to give a certain number of comments in certain time, until it changes - the quantity will not change either. And again, let's return to the fact - that the newcomers now - in fact, it is impossible to earn Merit. For example, that I would have 10 merits - it will be as it seems to me to wait a year ?! But in fact earlier, those who now have a large account - it to its level was pumped much faster. Month - and you are already a Novice, another month and you are a Member. I mean what it's all about - Merit - it could be done for the sake of people's good, but at this particular moment it's not an option! I think if you think it over carefully, you can think of something more appropriate.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
pharaon

Activity: 753

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:57:42 PM

We just need to reconcile ourselves with this new system, work further and hope that in the future this will bring a lot of benefits to this forum and the whole community!
Snixer

Activity: 303
Merit: 43

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 08:40:42 PM
Merited by Turk Ace (2)

I think that the system needs improvements. High ranks will not give merits to the newcomers of the forum for good posts, it will already be unfair.

That's not true. I give merit to a good post. Doesn't have to be the most brilliant post ever made but I will give merit for a good post and I don't even look at what rank the person I give the merits to are.

I'm not too sure about this new merit system.  Although these boards have been getting a lot more spam, it will be much more difficult to level up your bitcointalk account.  Most people are not even going to bother and give out merit to quality posts.

Yes exactly. It just creates more work for mods because it's just another thing to be abused and now they have to monitor it. I'm seeing people make good posts and not be rewarded. It's very disheartening. It's gonna be like steemit. Only the high ranks or a small group of people get merit and the rest get none just like steemit. A nonesense article that's ok quality gets high steemit rewards just because the owner owns a lot of steel tokens.

It's funny you should say that. You haven't been given a single merit points and neither have I. Most people haven't even got 1 and it's not because they don't post well it's because people don't care.

I agree with you, the main problem of the merit system is that the majority of people don't care to give merit to others because they don't get anything out of it and like for most things if people don't get rewarded they won't do it.
There are probably still a lot of people that don't even know that there is this new system.

Other than that I think and hope it's gonna kill most of the spam there is nowadays on the forum, it was getting out of hand and it was even a waste of time to read most threads because people were saying nonsense offtopic just to farm up their post count and rank up.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptovalute24ore.it   •  Guide Semplici e Complete, Notizie e Quotazioni sulle Criptovalute   •  TELEGRAM   ▲  Acquista Gioielli Artigianali con Criptovalute su FioridiLilla.com  
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
romandos86

Activity: 150
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:48:02 PM

New merit system is real bullsh.t , because anyone wants to sell you their merits! WTH? I don't understand that system!
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:23:39 AM

Yes, I agree a bit with this merit rule. Merit does hinder a person for promotion. However, with the merit I think someone will be more thinking in making a post or thread, to be more useful for many people.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:28:42 AM

What i think about the merit system is , now its difficult for us ordinary members here in bitcointalk to be given a merit without any help from a higher rank members and what we so called team of higher ranks. Posting and replying good is one of the key to get merit but it depends also in a user who will give that merit , many users here in bitcointalk problems this merit system.

Marioboro

Activity: 243

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:44:10 AM

I think it would be better if we had a demerit system.Having a normally constructed post is not necessarily sh*t post. Some of us do simplify our post so that more people can understand what are we trying to get across. Also, we have to consider that we are an international forum, not many of us can speak english fluently when trying to post outside of our local channels. This is due to the language barrier, so probably they are trying their best to join and contribute to the forum but are hindered by their proficiency in the language. In having a demerit system, we could set a certain number of reports we can do in one day, and also, there will be a certain number of demerits we can get to warn us of our posting quality.
Cryptolupus

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:58:17 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (1)

It seems that only Legendaires are happy with the new system, because the situation is frozen in their advantage.
I appreciate the intention, but the real problem is that merits are too scarce, and only a few people can give them.
For example, even if I read a good post, I can't give any merit.
And I understand that Members have just ONE merit to give, and Full Members just a few. The system can't work in this way.
I'm pretty sure that will be major changes in short time. At least, I hope.

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
Blockchain's First Payment API (http://go.openmoney.digital/9it9)
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:23:32 PM

It has been demonstrated in multiple forums and spaces (for example Steemit) that a system of stimuli or rewards based on likes, votes or "merits" is called to fail since the only ones that tend to earn points are the most popular members, and not necessarily those who work more or those who write quality content. And that's why people reward more someone who uploads a ridiculous video, while someone can make a great effort to write a true masterpiece and hardly pick up a point in his favor.
ChrishAi28

Activity: 133

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:26:45 PM

The new merit system is a good idea and i agree with it. But for those who are new and just starting it so hard for them to rank up.they need to post an excellent topic just to earn merit. It so hard to rank up but thats ok to prove that you do hard work to rank up.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: