Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:00:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook, limited advertising campaigns  (Read 437 times)
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:24:47 PM

I my perception is business as usual maybe the ICO's are not paying to facebook as simply as that or maybe they are not  paying full. As we know, anything that we advertise in facebook we must pay specially those big companies. Sometimes all ICO's using us to advertise in social media with out paying any single cent . I think Tweeter and  Instagram will follow as well.

coinforlife123

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:28:23 PM

❗️Facebook, limited advertising campaigns related to crypto and ICO.

https://preview.ibb.co/ishzom/IMG_20180130_213231_026.jpg

great job Facebook if some one posts some bullshit it is approved but if i post or give knowledge about crypto it is blocked
wtf?
Wolfman15 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:48:40 PM

Now we are waiting for such a restriction from twitter. And everyone will run for signature )))

Yana_M1

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:02:29 PM

Facebook has been used by many spammers and ponzi scheme. I think it is better that it will no longer available in promoting cryptos because it is sometimes the source of wrong information. I was once victim of ponzi sites that offers mining  thru pc and because there are lots of comments that tells it is legit site I try it until I realized they are scam that after buying tools to upgrade your system they will just fade.
If some company will pay FAcebook for cryptocurrency ADS, they will promote it even if this is scam or Ponzi etc. It is all about money. Always.
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:24:23 PM

Maybe it is happening becasue recently facebook was being used and abused by the hackers and scammer to victim people which they used Bitcoin or altcoins as front to make have a victim to scam others. And has been broadcast in different news media in the other countries, so we can't blame why the founder decide to implement that things anyway. But is just my understanding about it, I heard a humors that Facebook will adopt the concept of the digital currency, I just don't know if is true or not.
Flamebellow

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

www.codex.one

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:39:14 PM

I have heard recently , that facebook is interested in using blockchain technology and have a plans to create it's own crypto project . Is this ICO advertising ban be somehow connected with their own project ? Maybe it's just a competitors pressure ?

bottledfireworks

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:51:35 PM

That's a bad news for us specially in a bounty hunters and all newbie that want to join in social media campaign. Unbelievable news. I think facebook merge in other business that against and don't want bitcoin and ICO's.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:59:27 PM

It was expected. My feed is filled with useless ads of ICOs and FB is regular media. They need to control what are accepting as advertisements, because everybody can sue them.
mirofame

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:06:13 PM

Shocked WOW, i defenitely did not see that coming, i do not know how this is going to influence on the market, but honestly i was sick to watching every single moment when i log in to my Facebook, only advertisements for ICOs, cryptocurrencies, news about scams, or something which include the crypto world. I don't think that is going to hold forever but at least for now, maybe they are paying not enough to Facebook.
denysrodman

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:26:26 PM

Facebook bans all the ‘crypto, bitcoin and ico’ ads after the scam crypto offers flooded the social network. A right decision. The industry needs some cleaning.

‘Elon Musk quits Tesla to promote Bitcoin trader’ fake news site says mimicking cnn..
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:07:09 AM

Facebook actually ban not only limiting the advertising regarding bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. FB see's the threat on their user that they may fall on the prey of scamming activities. FB actually contribute on the proliferation of Bitcoin craze last quarter of 2017. Where many user invest in bitcoin when in fact they don't know nothing about the trading, resulting to heavy losses on their investment due to sudden decrease of value of the coin. It's news is actually sad on our part but that's their policy where We can't do anything but to adjust.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
sadmaster

Activity: 392
Merit: 15

Bitwings !

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:22:05 AM

I actually agree with this. Many people are getting into cryptos day by day by believing it will give an easy money but it isn't. They don't even bother to do some research before engaging that's why many people are tricked. Blocking ads promoting ICOs will maybe a step forward for stopping scams

arkaasay

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:45:21 AM

I admit that quite a lot of spam advertisements about crypto, Many people write posts and comments and they do not think about the consequences of this action .. I'm not surprised that Facebook decided to stop it. Do not you think that the policy of Facebook is too tight? At least the quality of the project can increase.
nonlinearboy

Activity: 703
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:50:05 AM

I admit that quite a lot of spam advertisements about crypto, Many people write posts and comments and they do not think about the consequences of this action .. I'm not surprised that Facebook decided to stop it. Do not you think that the policy of Facebook is too tight? At least the quality of the project can increase.
I do not understand why facebook made such a bad decision, though there are many scam advertisment there, there are more positive communication and discussion, I hope the Facebook do not do that.
stan_

Activity: 196

Blockchain Pensions Infrastructure

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:58:11 AM

This is right decision because now so many ads in the facebook from friends. And all over the page. Also in facebook bounty campaigns there are a lot of the bot with ads profile. This is crazy. Stop spaming .
Regards

Cubanlinx81

Activity: 373
Merit: 11

CryptoRex

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:08:24 AM

I really do understand why Facebook is limiting the advertisements for ICOs. To be honest, most scam project use Facebook ads; have never seen a solid project use them. I guess the investor how are less knowledgeable about how to research ICOs might be taken in by scam ads.
Bitkoyns

Activity: 1078
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:09:06 AM

With the popularity and acceptance policy of facebook, taking such a drastic step must have strategic reasons behind it, and though implemented now, this one must have a time limit on it.

There are some article that i read before regarding facebook will enter the crypto world and everyone was happy with that news due to the demand will increase, and i believed as what you have said that there are strategic reason why they do that .
hinayupak

Activity: 200

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:10:59 AM

Facebook limited advertising campaigns facebook has a new advertising policy pertaining to cryptocurrency, binary options and initial coin offerings. The policy specifically prohibits ads that promote those types of products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive practices Facebook Product Management Director Rob Leathern wrote in a blog post today Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum, and initial coin offerings have all hit the mainstream, which has promptly resulted in a number of scams.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:29:39 AM

Scam is all over the internet crypto related or not, facebook is acting a government now. Well in that case there are a lot of social media alternatives and channels that are crypto friendly. Its purely business for Zuckerberg, remember the news regarding his interest in formulating facebook crypto? Anyway its not the end for crypto advertising.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:42:54 AM

centralised trash like face book will be gone shortly no big deal

most people I know have not really bothered with facebook for years now.

If you have not heard of bitcoin by now and have not done your own research in to crypto and would be sucked in by some shit advert on there then you probably dont have much to invest.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: