Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:43:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Apple accept bitcoins?  (Read 4031 times)
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:47:43 AM

If what most of the people here speculated and expected of bitcoins and altcoins
for this year will positively go forward, we might be able to see and experience
plenty of major changes, with and through the major adaptations and utilizations
of bitcoins as payment options in stores, businesses and numerous services
everywhere. Giant companies like apple, samsung and other major brands will
accept cryptocurrency and integrate them more with their upcoming ventures
and products. I think if this will happen, we will see a new era of business
transactions with a fast and conveniently effectual payment system that caters
to the majority in a wider scale and spectrum. A truly revolutionary market. 
Yeah, some of the changes that we would experience will be the usage of lightening network, which I believe would bring a lot of changes to the bitcoin sector on lightening transactions and adoption on the mainstream level. I have no doubt this would be a major development for bitcoin and I am sure we may see the likes of Apple in the future accepting bitcoin as a result of that. We are still early, so I guess we need not to rush.

Before we can start seeing big institutions and merchants accepting bitcoin, we may have to see some few things in place and some trust that the system has really come to stay. I am sure, for now, they may not even want to take that risk yet, but I still do not know why a lot of them are still on the sidelines when they can easily just make use of the services that converts it to fiat immediately. It is their choice anyway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:23:46 AM

They don't want to get involved in blockchain probably so as to prevent the direct hijacking of apple's secret files or treasuries
How does acceptance of bitcoin or getting involved in blockchain have anything to do with hijacking of their files? It has totally nothing to do with it and if what you are trying to refer to is the hacking that goes on like the ransom ware attack, I am sure they have a great team in place to prevent some of that.

Nevertheless, I am sure the only thing that would make them not accept just like any other merchant right now is just the high level of volatility and the assurance the market has not yet given for mainstream adoption.
carodupuis

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:52:16 AM

They have been closed minded the whole time. With their innovations that are kind of awkward (removing the beloved headphone jack which is gaining popularity anyhow) and continually overpricing things. They wouldn't join the bandwagon hence they will be left behind.
Lol. I am sure you already personally have a lot of beef with apple even with their products. Their innovations are actually getting awkward, I must confess and I wonder how long they are going to keep up with that. Although, generally, I would not expect any big coy or merchant to be accepting bitcoin at this stage considering the volatility risk and a lot of uncertainty in the market that is revolving around it, but I guess over time when the coast is clear, some of these things should change.
Mikado$

Activity: 170
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:57:08 PM

We can expect this. microsoft, dell, samsung all have positive dynamics in recognizing the value of bitcoin for the practical. They have great support efforts for coin technology.
TonyFat

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 05:01:43 PM

I think soon the apple will take bitcoin, but it's unclear why they need it)

..WOWSECRET..
Innovative Content Platform
..WOWCOINTWITTERTELEGRAM..
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:36:49 AM

It will eventually come to another differently distributed gap between two social levels - rich and poor.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:42:33 AM

They already profited a lot with apple alone. Apple already filed patent that creates a system for certifying timestamps with the use of blockchain technology.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/apple-planning-use-blockchain/

I think apple concerns more on its security of the users rather than involving at bitcoin specially as payment method

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:55:19 AM

They don't want to get involved in blockchain probably so as to prevent the direct hijacking of apple's secret files or treasuries
How does acceptance of bitcoin or getting involved in blockchain have anything to do with hijacking of their files? It has totally nothing to do with it and if what you are trying to refer to is the hacking that goes on like the ransom ware attack, I am sure they have a great team in place to prevent some of that.

Nevertheless, I am sure the only thing that would make them not accept just like any other merchant right now is just the high level of volatility and the assurance the market has not yet given for mainstream adoption.

Volatility became a problem and the main reason why they did not decide to adopt this blockchain technology. Apple is one of the companies with highly secure security technology and upholds the privacy of its users, if they adopt blockchain technology it may be threatened and they may lose their loyal users.
parlament9

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:11:34 AM

Oh, of course Apple won't take bitcoin as currency, high probability that they will create the coin
First: huge demand Apple worldwide and him will be much more profitable to create their own, than to use bitcoin
Secondly: they always watch trends, considering that Telegram has begun creation their coin, most likely shortly Apple will create apple-coin

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:30:58 AM

Why apple  should take bitcoin? The apple has enough room to create its own block system. Only there must be reasons for openness. Using Apple Pay and Apple Pay Cash company hides personal information on user payments. I don't understand what actions in the business of Apple need openness.
Great point there,i dont know why OP makes this an issue when i see no problem about whats apple having now,we know that this company is very restricted in regards to their security and business so why bother about them when they can do business without bitcoin,is it hard to understand?common men youre impossible about this thing
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:07:34 AM

I aggree with most of the replies here saying that apple won't adopt bitcoin instead they'll make their own blockchain. Apple executives, specially Steve Jobs don't go with what is trending rather they make trends.

And this won't be too long to happen.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:24:45 AM

Thats like dream come true man! I mean come on we are talking about the apple here who can just change the world of crypto currency in no time. Apple if accepts the bitcoin then they will do it in whole new different way and might just add more essence into the crypto currency. As far as I know apple is called as innovation led company who can accept things and change them the way they want it. So thats what I am thinking.. Apple might not just accept it but may grow whole new techs on the bitcoin and blockchain.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:28:25 AM

Apple executives, specially Steve Jobs don't go with what is trending rather they make trends. And this won't be too long to happen.

So it looks like it is their time to finally become late for something. They basically made smartphones more popular, but they won't understand the potential of Bitcoin. The same thing happened with Nokia which didn't invest much in smartphones and Android because they thought it was a dumb idea.

Apple has no reason to accept Bitcoin as a payment for their products - they are doing fine even without it. It would be interesting to see other smartphone manufacturers to accept Bitcoin - this could force Apple to reconsider accepting crypto.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
solidrock

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:49:13 AM

When they really need to. But they'll fight it hard! Apple's business model is to lock everything down -- very closed indeed. This does not align with the goals of bitcoin, at least, how I perceive them.

tl;dr Apple = closed. BTC = open.

Great observation! I think that the major companies are waiting for a more stable price. In the meantime one have to use a giftcard bought with btc
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:56:09 AM

If what most of the people here speculated and expected of bitcoins and altcoins
for this year will positively go forward, we might be able to see and experience
plenty of major changes, with and through the major adaptations and utilizations
of bitcoins as payment options in stores, businesses and numerous services
everywhere. Giant companies like apple, samsung and other major brands will
accept cryptocurrency and integrate them more with their upcoming ventures
and products. I think if this will happen, we will see a new era of business
transactions with a fast and conveniently effectual payment system that caters
to the majority in a wider scale and spectrum. A truly revolutionary market. 
Yeah, some of the changes that we would experience will be the usage of lightening network, which I believe would bring a lot of changes to the bitcoin sector on lightening transactions and adoption on the mainstream level. I have no doubt this would be a major development for bitcoin and I am sure we may see the likes of Apple in the future accepting bitcoin as a result of that. We are still early, so I guess we need not to rush.

Before we can start seeing big institutions and merchants accepting bitcoin, we may have to see some few things in place and some trust that the system has really come to stay. I am sure, for now, they may not even want to take that risk yet, but I still do not know why a lot of them are still on the sidelines when they can easily just make use of the services that converts it to fiat immediately. It is their choice anyway.

I even prefer to discuss when 25% of the world's population adopts cryptocurrency technology, especially bitcoin, rather than just discussing one company that is also engaged in technology. I mean, come on, we're more focused on figuring out how this bitcoin development can trigger people to adopt it. Lightning network would be great if it happened, but as long as it was still a plan, there would be no significant impact on bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
win365

Activity: 176

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:05:45 AM

Maybe one day, if bitcoin will became a worldwide currency apple will be forced to accept it, but anyway there is always a chance for exchanges.

❍  buglab ❍     ▬▬[  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ]▬▬ ❍  buglab ❍
████   Cybersecurity Penetration Testing    ████   
▄▄▄  on the Ethereum Blockchain   ▄▄▄
koleskok

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:03:06 PM

Apple will accept bitcoin if bitcoin will be more safer. Apple is one of the best company in tje world. And i think they will not do business if they know that they will get a sure and big profit.
ArteMixer

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 08:06:41 PM

They have no need of that as that would not make their profit higher in any way and would make them look strange and unfamiliar, as soon as people hear Bitcoin, they suddenly have less trust towards any system. So, no, probably not anytime soon as that would not make their profits higher.
Coinhype

Activity: 204
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:11:26 PM

Short answert to your question: Never! You ask why? Its simple. Apple is not interested in cooperations with any other company. Because they think when they cooperating with other companys, they will loose money or have less profit. So thats why they have such a strict firmpolicy. So they would rather create their own cryptocurrency, until they will start to accept bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. So its clear if apple would one day start accepting one cryptocurrency, these cryptocurrency would go to the moon and will never come back!
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:22:12 PM

I think in the next few years or so, I fairly think that apple would start to accept bitcoins as a payment method, and I think apple would also gain additional income with bitcoin being so popular right now that without a single doubt I'm sure that they would grow more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: