Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:06:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Apple accept bitcoins?  (Read 4037 times)
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:13:11 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 08:50:42 PM by Hell-raiser

When they really need to. But they'll fight it hard! Apple's business model is to lock everything down -- very closed indeed. This does not align with the goals of bitcoin, at least, how I perceive them.

tl;dr Apple = closed. BTC = open.

Apple is the epitome of centralization. They value control so much they close their App Store to publishers until the programs can be reviewed. In a trusted company, this is a good thing because it ensures all programs in their platform have been vetted and meet their minimum standard for quality control. But it's an indication they absolutely will not embrace blockchain because they cannot control it. The alternative is an open environment like the Android platform, but there is also a high degree of infiltration there by as actors who peddle virus-laden apps. It's a perfect analogy to scammy operators in crypto.

But they still accept dollars or whatever currency of the countries their regional offices reside in, right? From my perspective, if Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency gets accepted everywhere on par with fiat currencies and people actually start to buy stuff with it, they won't let profits slip and they will undoubtedly embrace blockchain in the end. Especially if their tough competitors like Google and Microsoft take serious steps toward embracing crypto.

Yeah but those currencies are also stable. I don't see them willing to sacrifice profit margins to chase the fringe crypto crowd. They don't even do so to placate the majority on much more consequential matters to their business (headphone jack being a perfect example). I just don't ever see Apple being in the position where they need or want to change.

But wouldn't universal Bitcoin acceptance and recognition make it as stable? As far as I can see, the major cause for Bitcoin volatility is its lack of adoption in real life. And when (if) it gets accepted on par with fiat currencies or even wider than most regional fiat currencies, it should become as stable if not more stable due to its limited monetary supply. In other words, it will no longer be a toy in the hands of the fringe crypto crowd that can be sneezed at or thrown away.
anonbit992

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

A Trader & An Investor

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:59:11 PM

My humble opinion is, if Apple feels that they can capitalize on bitcoin and make a hefty profit, then they will jump in. But for now, it doesn't look like they are planning to jump in. The confirmation time of bitcoin is a major issue for all businesses. Value fluctation is another one.

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████       
                █████████████████       
                 █████████████████       
                   █████████████████       
                    █████████████████       
                      █████████████████       
                       █████████████████       
                         █████████████████       
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
hudas10

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:06:08 PM

I dont think Apple accept bitcoin as a payment because bitcoin having a not stable value if bitcoin price is stable maybe bitcoin have a chance to accept as a payment for other companies
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:45:03 PM

When they really need to. But they'll fight it hard! Apple's business model is to lock everything down -- very closed indeed. This does not align with the goals of bitcoin, at least, how I perceive them.

BTC is too transparent for Apple. Behind all the hype and marketing and the snobbery of Apple, a great network of fiscal avoidance or even evasion is what really makes the company so profitable.
orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:15:30 PM

I am surprised that many more companies, including Apple, are not accepting bitcoin for the transactions. Is as simle as exchanging for fiat in any of the many services that are available.
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:47:42 PM

Why don’t you go to Apple and ask them when they will start accepting Bitcoin cause this question doesn’t fit in anywhere here? Maybe if you asked Apple direct, they will tell you whether they planned on accepting Bitcoin and when they planned to do so. None of us works in Apple, and stop describing them as closed, or not helping, cause they are not doing anything wrong. By the way, Bitcoin is not to be used as payment for anything, it is just for investment.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:26:54 PM

Why should they take bitcoin? They have their own system and their development, which is known all over the world. But if you take Samsung, they will produce chips for mining crypto-currency.

Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:45:41 PM

At this point when big players are in a bewilder, retracting Bitcoin as a payment option until it completely stabilizes and the whole volatility concern is debunked. Even if all the criteria is met, I highly doubt Apple would accept Bitcoin as they have their own options and resorting to cryptocurrencies would be a kind of like a setback among all other big corporate players.
I agree once its competitors adopt bitcoin they could consider it or if we the users pressurise them to have it as a payment method they could accept it but until we have stable and fast confirmation times for btc, we won't see apple accepting bitcoin payments...besides they have apple pay they don't need another payment method that could put out their  initiative.
NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:33:23 PM

BTC is too transparent for Apple. Behind all the hype and marketing and the snobbery of Apple, a great network of fiscal avoidance or even evasion is what really makes the company so profitable.
I think this will happen in the near future because apple certainly does not want to give up the potential market in the cryptocurrency world, while many large corporations around the world have adopted bitcoin and some crypto in the transaction and payment. In 2018 I believe apple can do that to increase the number of customers from the crypto market using their products.

Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:58:56 AM

Why should they take bitcoin? They have their own system and their development, which is known all over the world. But if you take Samsung, they will produce chips for mining crypto-currency.
I don’t even understand what you guys are talking about… what do you guys really mean that Apple is not accepting Bitcoin, is it in terms of promoting Bitcoin, cause as long as am concerned, Apple doesn’t have a search engine or advertising.

Or do you mean they should be producing software for Bitcoin? Apple has nothing to do with Bitcoin and I don’t see any reason someone should be killing themselves over the case of Apple and Bitcoin.
jefbigbob70

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:13:56 AM

Firstly, when it will be possible to reduce the risks of losing money from the volatility of the bitcoin rate with futures.
Secondly, when technology is introduced that reduces transaction costs when buying for bitcoins.
Seaze007

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:48:49 AM

Its a long process that they accept bitcoin,  even other store,  or online shopping they dont accept bitcoin for payment.  But we hope someday bitcoin will be okay and acceptable in all establishment and onlibe shop.
joms07

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:11:46 AM

APPLE HAS ALLOWED a Bitcoin trading app to appear at the iTunes App Store, changing a long held 'no digital currency' rule.
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:35:40 AM

Apple accepts that Bitcoin exist but to incorporate bitcoin in their business that would be a totally different story. Apple has their own platforms which is as you said, totally lock to apple company. They have their own sets of rules and patents, meaning apple is not open for cryptocurrency.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:52:51 AM

We dont really know how Apple will react if they are told to accept bitcoin as mode of payment. They are really monopoly oriented brand and might not digest the use of bitcoin into their system unless and until it becomes too popular with apple users. I mean Apple has always been brand with circle system. Nothing can come in and nothing can go out unless and until large fan club want it. If the company finds that bitcoin is getting popular payment system then they might just add it, it wont cost anything to them.  Roll Eyes

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
YzzyGo

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:02:50 AM

Apple is proud with their brand and won't "stoop down" to accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment. But most probably some of their employees or even executives are already into cryptocurrency.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 07:07:41 AM

There is no question about Apple accepting the bitcoin in any case. They are always concerned about their branding and won’t get blended with any other technology like Bitcoin or other crypto currency. That’s very unwelcoming from Apple for sure. I mean there is no reason to go out of the road and stick to something not so perfect. Yes, bitcoin doesn’t fit the category of Apple founder and he won’t accept it for sure. They are already on right track and working just superfine with the traditional payment methods.  Cool
redsap

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:36:39 AM

Naah. Apple is more independet individualis company that construct system just for they self. And think of that i really agree about them will build their own coin

xuv500

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:29:11 AM

Naah. Apple is more independet individualis company that construct system just for they self. And think of that i really agree about them will build their own coin

Agree. Apple will create its own coin and try promoting it to compete in crypto market. This company always think and execute things which are not possible by other companies, they have a good team to execute and success anything they start. They might be researching on the road map I think.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:35:53 AM

I do not think that the big companies will accept bitcoins.
Large corporations like apple make huge amounts of revenue, so they would get huge amounts of crypto currencies as payment as well.
If they try to sell those large amounts, I assume it would have a decreasing effect on the price of the crypto currency they accepted as payment.
In the end that will lower their profit.

It's me!!!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: