Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:01:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm new to crypto where to start?  (Read 1429 times)
maxim4eg123

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:55:24 PM

This is the best place to start. forum bitcointalk. learn and learn from everyone here. Let's take part in the bounties. And you will gradually understand and know about this market Grin
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kripto para

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:34:27 PM

Depends what do you wanna learn. Do you wanna learn trading? Or how the blockchain technology works? There are so much different topics that you can explore.
clavirda

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:53:47 PM

Dear all,
After I received hundreds of bitcoin and crypto adds on my social media I decided to join the forum to find out more about this blockchain technology. I found this forum huge and have no idea where to start. There is so much to read about. I could use some help to point me to the right direction to catch up with all this stuff here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Start with this forum:) Where you are already registered. Many tips can be found in the correspondence between the participants, especially in the position of the new ICOs. I wish you success!
Jaephoenix

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:55:21 AM

Since you probably don't have enough funds, you should try ICOs. Retainly would be good
andrey755

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:52:15 PM

Dear all,
After I received hundreds of bitcoin and crypto adds on my social media I decided to join the forum to find out more about this blockchain technology. I found this forum huge and have no idea where to start. There is so much to read about. I could use some help to point me to the right direction to catch up with all this stuff here. Any help would be much appreciated.
You now have a hard way from knowledge to practical application in the bounty, everyone must go through it, it's like dedication to a more serious level. Especially investing now does not make much sense to you, and I think you do not have much finance for this. Develop and learn from your mistakes, and we can direct you only in the right way.
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:56:39 PM

Stick first on where you want to know or what you want to know, then you can start from there so you won't be confused where to start first. I also was not able to know where to start reading at first but I kept on reading everyday so I can move my way around and so I will be educated at the same time while I was also trying out trading.
ledinasaliasi

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:40:07 PM

Dear all,
First, you have to ask yourself what do you get involve in this cryptocurencies for? Trading or Holding? then start accumulating knowledge before doing anything related to cryptos, choosing a good coin to invest is very important, so you have to do your own research before trading, trading requires a wise head and a lot of practicing.
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:58:02 PM

Dear all,

Welcome on board, you're on a right place to learn and earn crypto. Suggest you to go through http://lopp.net/bitcoin.html to gather knowledge about each topic about crypto currencies especially Bitcoin. If you have any questions or doubts to be clarified, just create a thread here in this forum and there are plenty experienced members who would guide and help you. All the best.

usmanov123

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:02:52 PM

cryptostreetpodcast is good
Lopp's site has a great resource sections
on twitter I follow @needacoin @notsofast @thisisnuse @growdigi @Cryptomickey

and yeah go check the topics for begginers as others mentioned
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:31:53 AM

Good decisions you joined this forum you can learned a lot of knowledge here about cryptocurrency. Before you start investing in this cryptocurrency learned the whole process. Because without knowing about the whole thing you will gain nothing.
akitha

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:33:05 AM

You should start on what is crypto currency.Well you are now in this community and you can learn that from here. Anyway there are lots of information about crypto specially bitcoin, eth, and etc..

honglu69

Activity: 1553
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:48:06 AM

Learn and try to join several airdrops.  Airdrops are free to join with no risk.
arenjer musik

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:06:06 AM

What a loaded question.

You are in one of the best place to learn BUT note that as much as there are so much good info here....there is so much "noise" or bad info as well that finding the real "golden nuggets of info" becomes difficult.

The basics.
Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.  Not really but a good one anyway.
The higher the risk, the greater the reward.  Very true in crypto but learn to minimize your risks by going with stable/known coins & tokens first.  Take more risks once you have enough knowledge.
DYOR= do your own research.  Do not rely on anyone's advise at face value.  Take it as a guide then research.
FUD= fear, uncertainty and doubt.  This usually creates massive sell off, market crash/dip which most "seasoned" traders see as opportunities.  Take advantage of it and not be a victim.
ATH = all time high.  Highest price the coin/token reached.
FOMO= fear of missing out.  Usually jumping in and investing w/o research...just because so and so mentioned it is the next x1000 coin or because market is buying it like a feeding frenzy by piranhas.  This usually ends up in buying at ATH and followed by a dip/loss.  DYOR.
Buy low, sell high.  The golden mantra...when in doubt, default to this.

If I am new (or my mom asks me where to invest), my suggested portfolio (today) will be comprised of;
BTC,
ETH,
NEO,
ICX,
VEN,
XMR,
ARK,
KNC,
ELF,
QTUM,
WTC

If you can only afford a few coins, go from top to bottom of that list.  Remember, this is a suggestion...use it as a go by or a starting point and DYOR.

There are lots of good info at youtube.  Look for crypto videos and usually, the ones with most followers/views are good indications of good source for advise.

Coindesk, Reddit and Github are good sources of info as well.

Blockfolio is a good cellphone app to track you coins.

BTW, stay safe!  There are many ways to lose money, the fastest is by getting hacked.  Use strong passwords, use 2FA (two factor authentication) AND secure your wallet/exchange keys as well as 2FA keys.  Save them on paper (printed) AND on a thumb drive you can store safely.  NEVER on your computer where it can be accessed easily if you get hacked.  Next to losing it, nothing worse than knowing you have money but you cannot access it.

Good luck!
thank you for all the info you provided
this is a valuable lesson for me to deepen about bitcoin
Because I'm also a beginner in bitcoin
ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:50:25 AM

1. Learned how cryptocurrencies worked and learned why is cryptocurrencies worth billion and people trust on it.
2. Learn how to create wallet and how wallet worked and learn how to keep your wallet safe.
3. Learn the price and read about why cryptocurrencies potentially take over the world.
4. Learn another coin or alternative coin except bitcoin and how its work.
5. Never trust person 100% in cryptoworld and dont trust fud or someone.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
mybtcasset

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:08:18 PM

two best suggestions i can give u is study  the market in coinmarketcap.com and follow news CCN.com if u do this daily u can understand how the market work and follow bitcointalk and twitter social media
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:13:26 PM

Dear all,
If you are looking for coins beside bitcoin which have potential, then you can always go for Ethereum, Monero, Litecoin.
Ethereum with its smart contracts which can hold state and arbitary code, is the second most popular crypto and can cross the $900 mark by dec 2018.
Monero is the best privacy coin. which makes it accprtrd by many companies and hence shoot up its market value.
Litecoin has shown great stability in the past 3 years and has one of the best development teams behind it. You can have good returns by investing in it.
BattleZeo

Activity: 350

Global loyalty & rewards

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:26:45 AM

Since you probably don't have enough funds, you should try ICOs. Retainly would be good
Suggest person, who just begins to know this market, to try ICO? That’s worst advise I’v heard until now. I can predict the beginner will be very disappointed after his first betray by ICO.....

dalimex

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:31:05 AM

Maybe you should learn more about the knowledge of the crypto mainly increasingly developed. bitcoin If understanding about bitcoin I think will become familiar with all things after you entered this world.
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:39:16 AM

Dear all,

Go to Meta section on this forum and read the Beginners and Help thoroughly to understand about what needs to be done before starting in crypto market. It also explains the various methods or ways to earn crypto currency, I started as such and want to suggest you the same. If you have any doubts, then create a thread on that and everyone here will help you on clarification or advise.

Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:40:59 AM

Dear all,

Use coinmarketcap.com to know what are the crypto that is already existing and then study about tokens/coins and their usage . Research about trading as it can help you out to gain profit .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: