Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:25:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Campaign no more!!  (Read 5788 times)
OuterTech

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:14:19 PM

Do you agree that facebook banned all that promote ico's and bitcoin?

Facebook's ban on ICOs advertising is a legitimate act now, as Facebook observes that most of the ICOs are lending and ponzi advertising and that potential ICOs are only bounty-building campaign and promote Facebook as the personal post instead of using the Facebook advertising system.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 10:17:45 PM

Seems like ban affects only a built-in advertising , so bounty hunters will continue their work . But I'm afraid very soon facebook can ban a post advertising too . To much depends on the U.S. regulation policy
Yana_1

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:25:30 PM

Don't they banned just paid ads??
I think we all can post freely about ICOs!
IMO they can't delete my post/voice/opinion for nothing.
Yes, the are! It is only for bussiness ban. For bounty hunters it is still free. By the way FB often trying to delete my post/shares when there are links from twitter - you know t.co/.... etc.
Dissident991

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:25:56 PM

I think it is good for ICOs, all this reposts and bounty posts seem like more spam than meaningful content. A lot of people created accounts in Facebook just to make money, Facebook is not designed for it.
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:31:12 PM

My facebook is still alive, although I participate in the bounty campaigns. In some extent I agree with this decision , there are hundreds of scam ICO, that fooled the investors. but I still do not understand on what basis will the ban happen. on the basis of complaints or everything, that is associated with ICO. hm, we will see in the near future. medium started to block crypto content too.

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 10:35:54 PM

I didn't see this coming because Facebook never usually turns down a quick bit of cash on a fad. Honestly it won't impact too much because you can just create good content to be shared by bounty campaigns or shared in groups.

Just really shooting themselves in the foot and losing some revenue. Personally I just think it is a marketing campaign to seem more moral after the whole Russia election scandal.
I second this! Facebook and Instagram are CIA operated platforms, and Zuckerberg is their puppet. And the CIA is owned by the Illuminati which means this whole social media thing is a conspiracy from the start. Facebook would unlikely ban anything on its site that generates revenue. This is just another strategy to build more profit. Just think about it, by imposing to ban ICO’s, Facebook can demand or set a higher advertisement fee once these ICO’s come running and begging to reconsider! Makes sense right! Clever stuff!

joletartare

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:36:32 PM

For me the problem is that FB can't separate real & serious ICOs from scam... and good project advisors risk FB ban.
WNbahr

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:39:18 PM

yes it is a pretty wise decision, because otherwise it will be a lot of fraud that can affect the credibility of ico itself, the decision as a firm action against the perpetrators of fraud and minimize the risk of facebook in its role against cheating and abuse of ico and bitcoin in social media.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:13:29 PM
Merited by audrey12 (2)

I agree that facebook banned all advertisement regarding cryptos because at some point facebook has been used to promote illegal activities which people cannot detect because of wrong assessment of the project. People can manipulate the market by having sort of positive comments for a particular advertisement even of it's not true with this those who depend their judgement based on what they only see become a victim of many scam. But since facebook will not tolerate this anymore people will be obliged to make proper research and assessment

alexeylom

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:41:57 PM

In fact, it seems to me that the team of Facebook instead of making improvements only makes it worse. This incomprehensible design and insanely uncomfortable, too complicated security system and even a disgusting support service that will respond only after death, unless. Well, what about the new ban so most likely Zuckerberg did not buy bitcoin and now he is envious. I consider not reasonable bans for ICO company
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:52:09 PM

I do not agree if facebook campaign removed. Because many people are looking for income from facebook campaign. And certainly there will be many people lose the opportunity to get money from facebook account they have. And I believe with the facebook campaign, an ICO project has a greater chance of success, because facebook has the power to reach investors.
asifcoiner23

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:55:49 PM

i believe that this was a marketing stunt by them they maybe creating a currency of their own
bitcoiner0101

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:56:17 PM

i believe that this was a marketing stunt by them they maybe creating a currency of their own
coin0101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:56:43 PM

i believe that this was a marketing stunt by them they maybe creating a currency of their own that is why this marketing stunt
crypto440

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:57:26 PM

well yes was sick watching my news feed fulled with cryptos i don't follow
Manc89

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:01:07 AM

I agree to remove the ICOs scam that pops everywhere on this platform. On the other side, I do not agree to make a systematic decision to penalize the legit businesses like Coinbase on the crypto space.

Anybody will agree to remove the scam accusion of ico but not all ico is scam.
There are many of them are very good and has working product. So the question is, how can we filter the ico wheater it scam or not. Its difficult.
bundo

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:46:30 AM

If it gives a positive value and magnifies the world of cryptocurrency I hope there is no term banning. Regular facebook only prohibits links that have bad impact, useless content and unusual activity. But I agree with the ban on ICO scams promoted on facebook.
Babyfaceless

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:00:58 AM

Facebook should have a good system to filter spam or legitimate ICO postings in their site. There are so many crypto postings right now in facebook that it covers personal and legitimate posts of their users. I think its just their way of eliminating those posts.
Xiao Mei Mei

Activity: 291

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:07:28 AM

I do not agree because facebook is a good place to promote ICO than twitter.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:13:33 AM

Reason why Facebook banning almost all cryptocurrency ICO ads in their site because so many ICO scam and many people scammed. So facebook try to protect their users from scam ICO's by banning all ads regarding cryptocurrency ICO...  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: