Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:37:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can ethereum reach the top?  (Read 5082 times)
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:40:16 PM

These days I prefer Ethereum to Bitcoin because Ethereum is becoming the vehicle for the global economy. Bitcoin is only serving as the father protocol but Ethereum is serving as a crypto economy. I love ETH because it will reach the top soon. The price will go to the moon!

Eth can't possibly reach the top in any possible case you imagine and that's simply due to the concept it was made of and the small technical detail that Eth's max supply is infinite , meaning that Eth tokens will continue to come , thus making the overall market cap lesser by each coin mined .
If i was to compare Eth and Bitcoin , i'd certainly say that both are certainly in a race , but in totally different tracks where one track has a finish line and the other doesn't have one , making it impossible for it to have a winner status .
Eth is certainly much more better than bitcoin in terms of usability , fees and transactions time , but it's scaling makes it so hard for him to  compete with the OG of all coins .
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:45:14 PM

These days I prefer Ethereum to Bitcoin because Ethereum is becoming the vehicle for the global economy. Bitcoin is only serving as the father protocol but Ethereum is serving as a crypto economy. I love ETH because it will reach the top soon. The price will go to the moon!

Eth can't possibly reach the top in any possible case you imagine and that's simply due to the concept it was made of and the small technical detail that Eth's max supply is infinite , meaning that Eth tokens will continue to come , thus making the overall market cap lesser by each coin mined .
If i was to compare Eth and Bitcoin , i'd certainly say that both are certainly in a race , but in totally different tracks where one track has a finish line and the other doesn't have one , making it impossible for it to have a winner status .
Eth is certainly much more better than bitcoin in terms of usability , fees and transactions time , but it's scaling makes it so hard for him to  compete with the OG of all coins .

You have a good point there and I must say that I agree on it. Bitcoin and ethereum are competitors but they race on a different field. Bitcoin is very indemand and same with ethereum but they have different cover, different specialty and different strong factor. Both have good offer for its traders. Yet for now, bitcoin is more prominent.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Dyn@styN3rd

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:47:17 PM

Not sure about ETH reaching the top since there's still plenty of room to grow, aside from that there are always obstacles an altcoin must overcome before reaching that "top". I'm proud of being an ETH hodler though because whenever it dips, it always goes back to its stable price of $1100-$1200 making my portfolio somehow balanced.
Spiero7

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:50:31 PM

ETH can actually replace Btc up there as the Apex coin. However, its not feasible anytime soon. Its gonna take some time for that to happen. All statistical evidences shows the long way ETH will go before such a feat nears possibility.
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:59:30 PM

I think, that in time BTC will be less expensive than ETH because today Ethereum grows and develops, it's more comfortable to use it everyday, a lot of tokens are based on ERC-20 and it is very important. I don't think that bitcoin will coast a little bigger zero, but it is possible that ETH and BTC will be like Euro an Dollar, one is a little bigger than another.
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:00:42 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 12:05:55 PM by ThunderCatSteve

Price of Btc is keep going down.
which one do u choose?
BTC or ETH for ICO?

All the market is red, ethereum cant be on the top right now but who knows what happens after few years, ethereum is a very long term investment and it has a great infrastructure.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:02:41 PM

Ethereum is already in top altcoins actually. It have the best value and potential after Bitcoin right now, and experts said that it will go to the moon in the near future, because many big investors started to buying huge amounts of this coin since it is highly needed for investing in the ICO projects.
lunnatic

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

COMBONetwork

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:09:21 PM

The different of value bitcoin and ethereum is very close just different $8k. If bitcoin value keep going down then ethereum can take over. Which is the ethereum increases when the bitcoin price falls.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
zynan

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 11:16:17 PM

I don't think ETH will reach the top and be at number one, I believe it will increase it's value this year but it will not replace bitcoin as number one. Bitcoin is still the best crypto and well known by all people. But, as I'm thinking ETH price increase this year, I want to hold tight my ETH, I will sell all my altcoin holdings just for ETH.

╔╦═╦════╣◆ TOPEX.IO - ICO & Bounty for Brand New Cryptocurrency Exchange ◆╠════╦═╦╗
╠╬═╬═══╣with loss compensation and profit  distribution between TPX token holders ╠═══╬═╬╣
╚╩═╩═══╩══╣FACEBOOK ✅ ╠═══╣ TWITTER ✅ ╠═══╣TELEGRAM ✅ ╠══╩═══╩═╩╝
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:22:09 PM

Ethereum is a star on the rise. Bitcoin has commited many acts of self harm, mostly related to the miners not wanting to have adequate feed. IMO that is a very short sighted attitude that has driven bitcoin into a series of forks that have generated even more valueless forks of people attracted for the easy money.

Ethereum on the other hand has a clear path ahead, with forks yes, but also with many projects built on the protocol.
louisvuitoon

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:29:43 PM

A good investment strategy is to just keep your investment when you believe in it.
If you believe in Eth, there shouldn't be a doubt saying it reaches the "top". Because for investment that contains a good future. They will always appreciate.
I believe that Ethereum will go up more than just $1,500/eth, so I kept my investment. Even though now is not a good market timing. Ethereum has this thing where alt-coin can partner with, and bitcoin does not. That makes Ethereum the most powerful coin in the future.
danjonbit

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

DanJoN

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:50:55 PM

well i will certainly choose BTC over ETH in an ICO, we know that ethereum has a very big potential to grow much more and still rising now on its value while bitcoin is sinking its value nowadays but bitcoin is still on top of all cryptocurrency and it will remain for a long period of time, and also it is the first ever crypto made, plus you can deny its solid background and ither stuff that make the bitcoin the best!, so that is why i will choose it over ETH.
and i am not saying that ETH has no chance for the top!, it is now on the top with BTC and other good cryptocurrency, im also supporting all altcoins especially ETH coz it is now the major currency used in ICO's.
cheers!

THE GREAT DANJON HIMSELF !
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:59:57 PM

which one do u choose?
BTC or ETH for ICO?

All the market is red, there cant be on the top right now but who knows what happens after few years, ethereum is long term investment and it has a great infrastructure.

Even if the ETH has fantastical goals that are slowly being realized I don't think it can replace Bitcoin yet. In a long-term everything is possible. Crypto market is one big minefield that is currently going through the significant changes. Most of the weaker developers are hoping that their specific coins will reach the top. BTC and ETH will be in the constant duel for a next 5 years. Will the ETH prevail?( actually, no one knows)

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:00:43 AM

which one do u choose?
BTC or ETH for ICO?
Both these crypto currencies are profitable but now ethereum is better than bitcoin. Who knows after a month bitcoin will recover again and bouncing back the price back to normal price. Ethereum now mostly used in ICO's project and that's what make ethereum most getting popular and make it expensive because of the demand.
Bitcoin is bitcoin and ethereum is an altcoin and altcoins depends on bitcoin price movement so it is impossible that ethereum will on the top of all cryto currencies.

Sofiyah

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:02:01 AM

which one do u choose?
BTC or ETH for ICO?
[/pre]

I choose ethereum. why? because the price is gradually rising allows us to make a profit, and again almost all ico use ethereum for payment. we just wait for some time until ethereum replaces bitcoin.
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:19:06 AM

I truly believe in btc ,this is the  mother of cryprocurrency and I dont think so if eth can reach it.As for now,btc is going down but I trust in bitcoin that it will increase soon,no matter what happen btc is always number one for me.
Xetonica

Activity: 706
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:43:03 AM

The ethereum was in the number two in the market cap but still a big difference in terms in value of bitcoin, as i said ethereum can not get into number one but i like ethereum because is not easy to dip in price unlike bitcoin.
Kaneki Ken

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:50:58 AM

which one do u choose?
BTC or ETH for ICO?
https://cointelegraph.com/storage/uploads/view/f88e17e41f607dc0aef238230dd40cc6.png
[/pre]

Yes one day it will definitely cross the price of Bitcoin.Ethereum have this ability because of this technology present behind this.
but maybe not in the near future and have to go through some process but seen from the existing reting ethereum price is increasingly showing its class
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:54:04 AM

which one do u choose?
BTC or ETH for ICO?
[/pre]

I choose eth, since bitcoin get down I should do some action to protect my asset, and finally exchange all coins become eth is the right one. Besides that, many project more accept eth than bitcoin and I still don't get it why it happen? because bitcoin transactions too much delay, bitcoin price too high or something else. This time ( 2018 ) is ETH year, it will not beat bitcoin but I'm sure eth will become the best second coin.

Ethereum platform has a great platform for smart contracts and its prefered mainly because of its steady growth and several ICO's using the ethereum blockchain.
sic_null

Activity: 99

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:59:22 AM

I wouldn't underestimate NEO either. More and more ICO's are going on the NEO blockchain and I don't think that will stop any time soon. With that being said however, Eth will still have seniority rights imo.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: