Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:39:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads  (Read 651 times)
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:13:55 PM

Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
Instagram and facebook are nothing in cryptocurrencies. No one depends of those social media. If they ban ICO ads, I think the developers not care enough about the social media. There are many social media that can accept ICO promotion like telegram, twitter, steemit, medium and others. Developers still can use bitcointalk forum, and website and blog. This is free market and free world. No facebook no cry.
N-gen

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:20:33 PM

I do not think it's just instagram crypto ads, I also read that Facebook has also done the same thing, it does not mean we should not promote ICO, which is banned only ads ICO. But if you are interested to invest in ICO, I suggest to join daneel.io, because the only project that is very promising for this year, why? You can see the information here www.daneel.io
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:22:09 PM

Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
Instagram and facebook are nothing in cryptocurrencies. No one depends of those social media. If they ban ICO ads, I think the developers not care enough about the social media. There are many social media that can accept ICO promotion like telegram, twitter, steemit, medium and others. Developers still can use bitcointalk forum, and website and blog. This is free market and free world. No facebook no cry.

Well Facebook is a different story as there are more features that can be utilized. Facebook is somewhat material but long term it won't matter. Though I still see lots of crypto ads in Facebook. I haven't tried Instagram but who cares. There are lots of alternatives to Instagram.
steins19

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:51:49 PM

The government across the globe is trying their best to minimize the popularity of crypto currency because this will likely affect the global standpoint of each country financially. And things beyond their control are not acceptable. Mostly this covers the different social media sites that has the biggest impact in the popularity of crypto currencies.    

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:56:52 PM

Well instagram already followed what fb did. The target market for fb or instagram i believe was a cassual people i mean more mainstream audience rather than vivid fans of crypto. This mean mainstream people will get rekt less if they follow that shitty ads
carlbreezy

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:23:54 PM

Your position?  Shocked
This is really happening now. Governments are really doing all they can to prevent Bitcoin and other ALTS and ICOs from accessing and making a popularity about them. This would really cause some problems in terms of bounty campaigns. This followed the facebook outright banning the ICOs and other Crypto news. I hope they will see how beneficial the ICOs are and only those scam ICOs should be banned. Or, ICO industries should make a policy and coordinate to instagram and facebook, which are only one owner.

Can't blame them. Lots and lots of ICOs out there were just a bunch of craps, begs people's money and run away, leaving the coins dumped after a brief pump after listed in exchanges. Not really good for legit ICOs either.
rajeswari_BTC

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 01:34:17 PM

facebook banned advertising crypto ICO? I've googled but found only information about different story as there are more features that can be utilized !!

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:36:35 PM

They are right, just trying to protect their users from the people trying to run ico's stealing other people's money. Too bad for the projects that are meant to be serious.
mikeey89

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

Blockchain enthusiast

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:37:08 PM

It's similar to what governments are doing. They don't want to ban crypto, they want it regulated. Regulation takes time, so the initial position is to ban everything until such time as there is sufficient oversight, then cryptos will be allowed again. They even say this 'policy is intentionally broad'. Give it time, the scams will be blocked and legitimate projects will be permitted.
I think you're right. The countries whoever that will ban cryptocurrencies will be left behind. Thus is the future and it has grown too much to be stopped now.
rleannar

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:37:47 PM

facebook banned advertising crypto ICO? I've googled but found only information about different story as there are more features that can be utilized !!
no, I read the article about it, but today I see the ad in my facebook feed
Bastime

Activity: 519

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:41:34 PM

Your position?  Shocked

I would agree with social media networks that they no longer support in promoting ICOs and Altcoins stuff because their platform is to keep people closer to the communities and not be the victim of scams and fraud ICOs it things like that.
There's a lot of ways in promoting ICOs and Altcoins outside Facebook and Instagram and Twitter.
Youtube is the most reliable source of information about ICOs and Cryptocurrencies.
I believe banning ICO ads doesn't affect ICOs promotions.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Bastime

Activity: 519

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:44:45 PM

no, I read the article about it, but today I see the ad in my facebook feed

Is not yet final, but I believe someday when they fully ban anything ako about ICOs and Altcoin ads.
Scammers could pay for ads because that's not that expensive but Mark and his team are concerned with people who are victimized by fraud ICOs and lose their hard earned money.
Facebook position doesn't help scammers but to avoid people into falling scammers' trap and Tim people's lives.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

cherryscarlett

Activity: 238

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:47:10 PM

While facebook has banned the advertising of ICO, Instagram is sure to ban it. Because Instagram is invested by facebook's companies, they may be in trouble with their policies.

Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:48:45 PM

Government are trying their best to minimize the ICO as much as possible due to the rapidly increasng of ICO's which most of them are scam's and cryptocurrencies dont have tax and by that government are trying to put to stop of this
LuckySarah

Activity: 88
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:58:27 PM

Of course Instagram has banned cryptocurrency. Facebook owns Instagram, what did you expect?

Go-go-go, power girls !
jyotianand01

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 02:13:23 PM

As per my view it is still not cleared that facebook totally banned ICO ads as still many altcoin pages are running smoothly and i don't see much bounties use instagram as a social media campaign. We have still many options available like reditt, twitter and medium.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
KTPU777

Activity: 154

AMON - Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:18:56 PM

Instagram is the brainchild of Facebook. Therefore, this should be expected after the ban on ICO on Facebook. But this ban concerns paid advertising. Nobody forbids you to advertise ICO on your personal page. In any case for now.

GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:50:46 PM

Yes, not just Instagram also Facebook ban this kind ot ads but Ceo of Twitter today tweet about support for cryptocurrency, war of crypto started at big social media companies now.
fallensky7

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:55:22 PM

Why bother, today they prohibit advertising ICO tomorrow will be solved! Every day there is news, but I do not think it will affect the ICO. Simply because they are trying to protect people from fraud. And as I understand they prohibit advertising of certain content
Iyanu14

Activity: 795

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:00:21 PM

It is logical that the fact that Instagram and fb is owned by the same company when facebook banning of crypto add was announced Instagram too won't accommodate it. It is simple as that.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: