Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:48:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for old people?  (Read 1327 times)
Arumi.Bilqis

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM

Most of the old people are don't believe in Bitcoin because they think it is just a prank. But we need to make them understand that it is not a prank. It is a good side of investment rather than gold. It has a great future
it is true most parents will assume that this is a joke for them but not all parents think like that.
this happens in my area there are already some people who start joining and the result is very good they have a very good intentions and now they make a permanent job because it is retired Cheesy
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:15:51 PM

It might be really difficult for elderly people to understand people. I have talk to many elder people and they couldn't understand the purpose of Bitcoin existence. Most of them was surprised that the money they are using, is in fact worthless. Elder people seem not to understand the inflation and the dangers which come with it. It will be really tough to help elder people switch to cryptocurrencies. Many of them still don;t use online banking because they find it dangerous and not convenient.
panukurap

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

DAEFROM.com

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:16:12 PM

I think it will be difficult, to teach parents to use bitcoin, because they are in different generations, and certainly will not be easy to teach it to parents. it's better to teach bitcoin to my child, which would have been easier to understand and it would be useful for his future.

Rc Cola

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:17:57 PM

Old people is an experienced person so they will not agree easily in terms of digital currency. I think they are deceived when they are young so in terms of this matters they will avoid it. We can make them believe by let them see that we are earning real money. When they are now convinced I think this is the best part time job for old people. They will stay at home and can afford necessities.
bitcoinajax455

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:18:37 PM

Bitcoin for old people? Y not!!! But it depends how we threat or explain bitcoin for them. Bitcoin is for everyone, to those people who have interest in bitcoin. I'm sure bitcoin well gave special treatment for the old people.
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:44:54 PM

How to spread awareness of Bitcoin in a way so that old people start to use more bitcoin?

I think the best way to tell bitcoin to parents is by showing evidence that we've made a lot of money with bitcoin.
to get parents to know about bitcoin is very difficult because their memory is reduced, so we have to be patient.

bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:50:53 PM

How to spread awareness of Bitcoin in a way so that old people start to use more bitcoin?

This is a good question and I think it requires general change in the attitude of people.

Recently there was this thread about elderly couple who bought bitcoin and later found out that it is only a plastic toy-coin. Almost everybody in the thread thought that it was funny. They didn't see the couple as scam victims, rather they saw them as uneducated and actually that they deserved it.

So it is not only about spreading awareness in older people, it requires changing attitude of nerdy younger generation towards older people as well

newb-dev

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:53:42 PM

Elder people usually don't use technology so maybe bitcoin is not for them. Only for a small part of them it could be something they will use
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:04:40 PM

You can't, 99.9999% old people won't use new technologies.
Better spread awareness of bitcoin among younger population rather than thinking doing it among old generation  Wink

Exactly. And I am even afraid that among people trying to "spread awareness" about Bitcoin among older people there would probably be also a lot of scammers ripping them off by selling them scamcoin like Onecoin or similar.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Nakakapagpabagabag

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:08:54 PM

The Bitcoins are for everyone, so it is also possible for them. All we have to do is educate them but we really find it difficult because most older people today do not know the computers, cellphones so we are obliged to teach them well.

So the next generation really maximizing the use of bitcoins as we are now starting to be old and have a son!

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:09:58 PM

Maybe just telling them now how you are having an income.  They have likewise have an opportunity to earn even just staying at home.  Showed them how isnit done and teach them basic computer skills.  I do not suggest gadget such as smartphone because it is quite hard to operate.
Jesabela04

Activity: 540

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:12:21 PM

I think it is a good idea to spread the awareness and goodness of people to oldies. However, there are things to consider for them to understand things. Their level of understanding for our technology today would be quite difficult so we much be sure to inform them little by little. They must gain knowledge about the strategies in crypto world so that they would gain what they deserve.
yogaantoni

Activity: 156

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:18:03 PM

By giving proof of what you can get through bitcoin. making it easier for me to introduce bitcoin to my parents. By looking at the evidence that bitcoin technology as a sophisticated technology is sure org tuia will arise desire to know what is bitcoin.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:18:46 PM

By "old people" do you mean Elders or Adults?
Well if it is about elders, then here is what I think.

Elders tend to get paranoid about new things (worse than adults), most of them think excessively about new innovations. Meaning it is a really difficult thing to make them believe in Bitcoin or even just to make them understand what Bitcoin is. Concerning their age, they must have really low interests on a new technology that is going up these days. They would think "why do I have to witch into cryptocurrency when fiat has done well for a long time?".

Telling them about Bitcoin would be like giving a bird a parachute.

faucet used to be profitable
doblok

Activity: 285

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:24:08 PM

It does not matter if it is taught to the parents but we need to think that this paku is acceptable to them because given the mindset that is sometimes difficult to understand what we will say later,
but we have to go back to the beginning that bitcoin is ours all young people or elderly people are free as long as it has a high will.
LeroyMxaon

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:27:08 PM

Special courses should be created to train them, focus on easy-to-use platforms, such as metatrader 4 ... But these courses should not be like those we know "online" should be in real spaces, where older people can reflect all their confusions, doubts, and solve each of its dilemmas regarding the new virtual market. It's a pity that few people bet on something like this.
ariscan

Activity: 131

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:47:07 PM

Actually it is good, but on our parents' age not many understand the technology now. Only the educated are able to understand what bitcoin is, and how the bitcoin works.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:50:34 PM

I don't think there's any difference between bitcoin for young people or old people.
Bitcoin is universal, it's not like we need to be at a certain age to be able to access and use it.
As long as we have internet and money to buy bitcoin, we can use it.
Old people tend to not interested in this kind of thing though, unless they're investors. But maybe we can convince them by saying bitcoin is a great investment for old days or such? Since bitcoin is quite profitable and doesn't really take time or energy, it'll be great for old people who can't work anymore, and use it as a source of income.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
sarta afdal17

Activity: 103

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:57:12 PM

I think this is a great idea but if all parents can understand it so that all back to the personality of each core is goodwill Wink
maryhansenn

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:58:00 PM

My grandparent don't know how to use a PC so bitcoin is not for them since they only know how to control a TV. There are elderly people who can easily be bitcoiners
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: