Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:46:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Block Erupter Blade (New Model)]Low Price, Limited Quantity  (Read 39954 times)
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:13:58 AM

So this is the "Block Erupter Blade (New Model)" thread right? I got confused, i thought it was the "every other thread where people compare one vendor to another which drives the OP very very far off topic" thread.

But anyway, i thought the new blades had USB? And as someone mentioned and someone else quoted (i cant find it now because there are too many tardfight posts) asking if you need cgminer or it is self sustained.

And also the other post asking about where to get the backplane.

Why should it has USB ? Thats soooo stupid. Its a standalone unit.. USB would requite a PC to host it.

Maybe an option for those new to mining wanting only one or a few easily hooked up???

Yeah thats stupid. It would require that you have a host pc 24/7 runnning. With this blade design you just connect them to your router and its done..

It's that easy?
I hope someone posts a tutorial.
 Smiley

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 01:21:19 AM

So this is the "Block Erupter Blade (New Model)" thread right? I got confused, i thought it was the "every other thread where people compare one vendor to another which drives the OP very very far off topic" thread.

But anyway, i thought the new blades had USB? And as someone mentioned and someone else quoted (i cant find it now because there are too many tardfight posts) asking if you need cgminer or it is self sustained.

Why should it has USB ? Thats soooo stupid. Its a standalone unit.. USB would requite a PC to host it.

Maybe an option for those new to mining wanting only one or a few easily hooked up???

Yeah thats stupid. It would require that you have a host pc 24/7 runnning. With this blade design you just connect them to your router and its done..

It's that easy?
 Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205369.0

That is for the old blade, will do one for the new ones once friedcat gets me some samples over but they're pretty similar.

metal_jacke1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:45:58 AM

ETA on when these badboys will go out?
runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 01:48:01 AM

What's the point of the OP? I don't see any prices posted.
Thinking about this some more, it's not common for a manufacturer to specify the price of their product. That's for the retailers to do. Try asking Intel how much their Core i7-4771 CPU costs and they will refer you to a retailer.

http://ark.intel.com/products/77656/Intel-Core-i7-4771-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz?wapkw=core+i7-4771

Recommended Customer Price: $320.00 :p
Oh, yeah, forgot about MSRPs Smiley.

But I'm sure I can find a manufacturer that does not provide MSRPs if I wanted to Smiley.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:49:23 AM

oh yeah, ethernet vs USB. I'll take usb. usb hubs are a lot cheaper than ethernet switches. we don't all have open connectors on our router. Roll Eyes
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:52:55 AM

Thinking about this some more, it's not common for a manufacturer to specify the price of their product. That's for the retailers to do. Try asking Intel how much their Core i7-4771 CPU costs and they will refer you to a retailer.

http://ark.intel.com/products/77656/Intel-Core-i7-4771-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz?wapkw=core+i7-4771

But I'm sure I can find a manufacturer that does not provide MSRPs if I wanted to Smiley.

There are instances where cars are bought for more than sticker when they are new and supply is limited.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:03:44 AM

With the fed, sure, money gets printed. But everyone knows how much there is and trusts that the fed wont be irresponsible and dump too many dollars on the market at once. In bitcoin land, yes, we all know how many coins are in circulation. But all the ASIC vendors are displaying zero responsibility towards the network. You can't bash the fed for printing dollars and cheer the waterfall of Asics hurting the market; it's the same process, except one is charged with trying to promote stability and the others are all driven by short term profits, the effects of all those chips hitting the network be damned

wow you are so demented - printing 85 billion a month for how many years now?

you must be on a government tit

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:04:02 AM

There are instances where cars are bought for more than sticker when they are new and supply is limited.
I ran across one of those... IIRC, it was a 1989 Turbo Trans Am that had an MSRP of $23,000 along with a $46,000 sticker price.  I asked the salesman how they could justify such a high sticker price and he told me that it was such a highly sought-after and rare car... then I asked him why it was still on the lot after 6 months if it was so sought-after....

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:19:23 AM

It's that easy?
 Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205369.0

That is for the old blade, will do one for the new ones once friedcat gets me some samples over but they're pretty similar.

Awesome and Thanks!

Looking Forward to it as I'm not the most inclined.
 Wink

atomriot

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:21:57 AM

Stupid or not i was just asking a question. It could be handy to run it off the existing cgminer people have running. How are we to know that these things dont just run at 20gh/s and the other 10gh/s goes to some pool friedcat has running. (Not that im accusing him of that, just providing an example)

My 4 original model blades are churning away on their own and i would need to get another network switch if i added more, vs my empty 10 port usb hub is sitting there waiting to be used.
atomriot

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:23:57 AM

ETA on when these badboys will go out?

I think canary said he should have them by the end of the week but i could be confusing that with something else. You can put your orders in for them though on his thread
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 02:48:39 AM

Is the picture accurate?  Are you using 32 chips to get 10GH?

I imagine...

32*.336GH= 10.752GH
Seems like a lot of unnecessary expense... 32 chips vs 3-4 from other concerns for the same hash rate.  I can't see get 10x as many chips for the same or less money.

Please show me where you can get brand new ASIC miner delivered to you in a week.
Ah, yes, you can have it now, you just get $^%&#^ in the process.  It's been true ever since May 4th when the 1.99BTC erupters came out, why should it be any different now?  Spare me your sanctimonious crap, it's still highway robbery.

It's a bad deal, for sure.  But I have to say it's pretty bizarre how you rag on Asicminer all the time, yet defend Butterfly labs to the hilt.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:55:16 AM

Does it operate with CGminer and P2Pool, or same embedded software as in "old" Blade?

This is a question I would like answered too. Hopefully someone knowledgeable see's it through the other stuff.  Undecided
If you want cgminer support, don't buy them.
That would be a mistake buying them.

It seems AM likes the idea that people shouldn't be able to use the best mining software out there when they ship their devices.
I guess they think that supplying us with hardware in advance will be a drastic effect on the massive profits they make.

Simply - don't buy them.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:56:09 AM

Does it operate with CGminer and P2Pool, or same embedded software as in "old" Blade?

This is a question I would like answered too. Hopefully someone knowledgeable see's it through the other stuff.  Undecided
If you want cgminer support, don't buy them.
That would be a mistake buying them.

It seems AM likes the idea that people shouldn't be able to use the best mining software out there when they ship their devices.
I guess they think that supplying us with hardware in advance will be a drastic effect on the massive profits they make.

Simply - don't buy them.

im with you kano.

+1
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 03:01:05 AM

Is the picture accurate?  Are you using 32 chips to get 10GH?

I imagine...

32*.336GH= 10.752GH
Seems like a lot of unnecessary expense... 32 chips vs 3-4 from other concerns for the same hash rate.  I can't see get 10x as many chips for the same or less money.

Please show me where you can get brand new ASIC miner delivered to you in a week.
Ah, yes, you can have it now, you just get $^%&#^ in the process.  It's been true ever since May 4th when the 1.99BTC erupters came out, why should it be any different now?  Spare me your sanctimonious crap, it's still highway robbery.

It's a bad deal, for sure.  But I have to say it's pretty bizarre how you rag on Asicminer all the time, yet defend Butterfly labs to the hilt.

The guy has issues ....& is a total sock puppet ...int30h comes to mind....I ignore 3 ppl on the forum as I like talking to morons ...but this guy is on my list

int03h
limitless
bcp0.9

Golden Sockpuppet award ....

P.S Dont feed the trolls ..lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 03:14:25 AM

Was Avalon highway robbery?  At the time of preorder, no, but many today would say they are due to not making a positive RoI.
Was BFL highway robbery?  In the past, no, today, yes, in the future, it could go either way.

Avalon B1 and B2 have positive ROI.  In USD and in Bitcoin. BFL has always been highway robbery, not based on their prices, based on the fact that they don't actually deliver.

bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 03:24:20 AM

I imagine...

32*.336GH= 10.752GH
Seems like a lot of unnecessary expense... 32 chips vs 3-4 from other concerns for the same hash rate.  I can't see get 10x as many chips for the same or less money.

Ah, yes, you can have it now, you just get $^%&#^ in the process.  It's been true ever since May 4th when the 1.99BTC erupters came out, why should it be any different now?  Spare me your sanctimonious crap, it's still highway robbery.

It's a bad deal, for sure.  But I have to say it's pretty bizarre how you rag on Asicminer all the time, yet defend Butterfly labs to the hilt.
BFL sold product at a fixed pre-order price then sold at a final price once they had a product.  ASICMiner sold at the edge of what the market would bear, repeatedly.  It's funny how you have proof that ASICminer fleeced people over and over, but you refuse to see it all cause BFL is the 'long con'.  I've seen several resellers comment on how they bought and then had the rug pulled out from underneath them before they could even try to sell.  BFL ain't the stellar example of how to run a company, but ASICMiner could give PT Barnum lessons in snake oil selling.  The products BFL is currently shipping CAN earn more than they cost at this point in time.  The erupters haven't yet.  The current blades sure look shakly.

The tired old "product in hand" is a ripoff.  Sure, BFL took more orders than could guarantee everyone made a profit.  Yet they never gouged their customers to reap every penny.  100,000 people clamored to buy shovels.  BFL tried to make a hardened steel one that seldom needed sharpening, but the supplied metal was too brittle and they had to try again and again.  ASICMiner sold you an iron one at top dollar that needed sharpening once a week.  Yet, according to you and others, the fault doesn't lie with the 100,000 clamoring for shovels as they elbow each other for a share of the pie... it's all the salesmans fault for selling too many shovels.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 04:05:01 AM

I imagine...

32*.336GH= 10.752GH

BFL sold product at a fixed pre-order price then sold at a final price once they had a product.  ASICMiner sold at the edge of what the market would bear, repeatedly.  It's funny how you have proof that ASICminer fleeced people over and over, but you refuse to see it all cause BFL is the 'long con'.  I've seen several resellers comment on how they bought and then had the rug pulled out from underneath them before they could even try to sell.  BFL ain't the stellar example of how to run a company, but ASICMiner could give PT Barnum lessons in snake oil selling.  The products BFL is currently shipping CAN earn more than they cost at this point in time.  The erupters haven't yet.  The current blades sure look shakly.

The tired old "product in hand" is a ripoff.  Sure, BFL took more orders than could guarantee everyone made a profit.  Yet they never gouged their customers to reap every penny.  100,000 people clamored to buy shovels.  BFL tried to make a hardened steel one that seldom needed sharpening, but the supplied metal was too brittle and they had to try again and again.  ASICMiner sold you an iron one at top dollar that needed sharpening once a week.  Yet, according to you and others, the fault doesn't lie with the 100,000 clamoring for shovels as they elbow each other for a share of the pie... it's all the salesmans fault for selling too many shovels.
Do you know what happens when an ASIC manufacturer doesn't charge the most they can charge (ie. "market price")?

What happens is what we saw with Avalon devices: people buying devices for $1,000 from Avalon, and selling them on eBay for $10,000.

So you've got a choice. Either let the manufacturer make the money or let some random buyer make the money. Who do you think deserves it the most?
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 04:20:05 AM

The thing I like about these is I don't see those little voltage adjustment knobs!  Just plug and play, no tuning at all (although that extra 3 GH/s a board will be missed) I could see these being very quick to deploy.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:33:49 AM

Do you know what happens when an ASIC manufacturer doesn't charge the most they can charge (ie. "market price")?

What happens is what we saw with Avalon devices: people buying devices for $1,000 from Avalon, and selling them on eBay for $10,000.

So you've got a choice. Either let the manufacturer make the money or let some random buyer make the money. Who do you think deserves it the most?
Who?

The bitcoin community who buys the mining equipment.

If the bitcoin community didn't exist, FriedCat would be leftovers in the trash can out the back of your local restaurant.

Basically, companies like AsicMiner and Avalon are pretty much on target to destroy the Bitcoin community in the near future.

I would not be the slightest bit surprised if Bitcoin either had next to no mining community in 12 months, or bitcoin was itself dead and gone.

At the moment AsicMiner is a short sighted attempt to grab as much cash and BTC as possible and doesn't give a damn about the bitcoin community except how much it can damage it by fleecing it of as much BTC as possible.

I will also point out that AsicMiner only started to sell hardware under duress.
I guess they took that duress and shoved it where the sun don't shine for everyone who bought AMUs and most people who bought blades.

Yes of course some people will buy devices and sell them on ebay for more.
But deriding that is directly deriding AsicMiner for doing the exact same thing to literally everyone who buys hardware from them.

P.S. tell me where above I am wrong ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: