Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:47:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Block Erupter Blade (New Model)]Low Price, Limited Quantity  (Read 39954 times)
GodHatesFigs

Activity: 557
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:50:58 AM

How much profit will one make buying these at 4btc each. i think they will loose guaranteed  Embarrassed

udontsay.jpg - anyone paying more than 0.5btc is a fool.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
h@shKraker

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 06:15:06 PM

Since this thread has to do with the gen2 BE blades and since those blades are not supposed to be overclockable I was wondering if anyone has attempted to overclock one.  I remember reading a thread somewhere where someone was developing an overclock kit BUT I seem to have misplaced the link to said discussion topic.  Any help finding said thread would be mucho appreciated.

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 07:06:38 PM

Since this thread has to do with the gen2 BE blades and since those blades are not supposed to be overclockable I was wondering if anyone has attempted to overclock one.  I remember reading a thread somewhere where someone was developing an overclock kit BUT I seem to have misplaced the link to said discussion topic.  Any help finding said thread would be mucho appreciated.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321159.msg3439083#msg3439083
h@shKraker

Activity: 403

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:25:51 PM

Many thanks Swimmer63.

H@shKraker

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:22:14 AM

That's actually attempting to sell overclocked blades. The thread in question, regarding kits, is here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310752.0

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Spotswood

Activity: 512

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 03:53:29 AM

Anyone interested in an open-air case for ASICminer blades?

Each blade is secured to the tray via a custom plastic bracket.  The beam that the brackets and fans are attached to could be mounted on the opposite side.

Any comments/suggestions?

p.s. Does anyone have an accurate drawing of the backplane mounting holes?

xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:18:47 AM

No drawing but an accurate photo...  Smiley

Spotswood

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 04:25:35 AM

No drawing but an accurate photo...  Smiley

I do have a pretty accurate (low-tech) method to transfer mounting hole locations:

• Attach normal standoffs to the board.  In this particular case, the six mounting holes around the perimeter and the two (?) down the center.
  • Place a bath towel on a hard surface.
  • Place poster board on top of the towel.
  • Press the board with the standoffs down onto the poster board.
  • Label a reference standoff location, relative to some landmark on the board!!!

That should leave accurate impressions of each standoff in the poster board.

helipotte

Activity: 650

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:29:32 AM

Open air case for blades. YES PLEASE! Shocked

Maybe a small 12 port or similar Ethernet switch and cable loom. Grin
xzempt

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:34:10 AM

I do have a pretty accurate (low-tech) method to transfer mounting hole locations:

• Attach normal standoffs to the board.  In this particular case, the six mounting holes around the perimeter and the two (?) down the center.
  • Label a reference standoff location, relative to some landmark on the board!!!

i'll try to get some posterboard tomorrow.....  dont have any here at the moment
Spotswood

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 04:39:10 AM

i'll try to get some posterboard tomorrow.....  dont have any here at the moment

Awesome!  But, I might be getting a board shipped to me pretty quickly.   Grin  I'll be sure to let you know if that doesn't happen.

xzempt

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:53:19 PM

ok thanks!

with the server power supply mounted and the slots filled on the backplane  it just seems like something to support the blades and that psu would be a wise investment.....

Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:30:54 PM

The full set up is a little flimsy due to the weight.  But if you keep it on a large flat surface with psu backed up to a wall or board, it's fairly secure.
xzempt

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:53:15 PM

The full set up is a little flimsy due to the weight.  But if you keep it on a large flat surface with psu backed up to a wall or board, it's fairly secure.

id rather not have a 1000w psu backed up against a wall just as a safety precaution...  and i was planning on having about 10 backplanes full and hashing away... some type of open air case/tray is preferable
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:18:06 AM

Yeah if you are going ballistic get frames.
I wish I could but I'm running out of amps.
whitefeather

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:56:30 AM

Each blade is secured to the tray via a custom plastic bracket.  The beam that the brackets and fans are attached to could be mounted on the opposite side.

Interested. My biggest concern is that 1000W PSU that I have plugged into my backplane. Right now, it is supported by the wall, i.e. leaning against the wall. Really a bad solution but I have no other options. If you can add a frame around your open air case to provide support for and securely prop up the PSU, I'm in.

Also, maybe an option to have a push/pull fan arrangement, so fans on both sides? A fan exclusively on one side of the blade may not be enough. My blades run very hot.
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 07:02:06 AM

In friendly cooperation with highend-computer.de (the point of contact for powerful,
water-cooled Silent PCs), we can now offer water coolers for the blades, manufactured by ekwb
Smiley

more infos and pics here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=328841.0

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
xzempt

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 01:57:38 AM

liquid cooling blocks.....  those look amazing......  how does that affect potential ROI down the road....   i bet those have to be expensive
xstr8guy

Activity: 784

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:06:48 AM

Each blade is secured to the tray via a custom plastic bracket.  The beam that the brackets and fans are attached to could be mounted on the opposite side.

I'm glad to see that you are thinking about doing this!  But any case I'd use would need to accommodate the HP server PSU mounted on the end of the backplane.  Your design doesn't seem to allow for it.  The PSU is tall and top heavy and needs something to hold in place so it doesn't wobble too much if you breath too hard in the general direction.
Spotswood

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 02:27:25 AM

I'm glad to see that you are thinking about doing this!  But any case I'd use would need to accommodate the HP server PSU mounted on the end of the backplane.  Your design doesn't seem to allow for it.  The PSU is tall and top heavy and needs something to hold in place so it doesn't wobble too much if you breath too hard in the general direction.

Yep, the final product will have support for the PSU. 

All I need to know is by how much the PSU overhangs the backplane and the dimensions of the PSU itself (in millimeters, please).   Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: