Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:38:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Privacy coins list - which one is the best ??  (Read 11518 times)
WhoKn0ws

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:53:01 PM

DeepOnion as mentioned in your post has been recently delivering advancements as far as their privacy and security goes. With new updates such as  TOR EDGE 3.3.0 + OBFS4 and most recently added MEEK as pluggable transports it can be said that internet censorship is not an issue.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:53:50 PM

Take a look at NAV coin.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:57:50 PM

I want to invest in a privacy coin but I am not able to decide which is good one .Some people say verge is good but when the mcafee shillings started and the coin dumped I am no longer sure. Does it technically have what it takes to be a good privacy coin like monero in future ? How good is the team?

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
novocaine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:02:13 PM

i think deep onion too is very good in concerns of privacy of the users, as well Monero that i like so much the total anonimity of transactions between wallets

other coins listed are good too in terms of privacy of their enviropments, but i think this year will be more new coins like those due to tthe high demand all around the world of more anonimous transactions different from the classic BTc transaction

anyway good list, thanks for the share  Smiley
mrchef111

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:05:36 PM

I definitely vote for DeepOnion as the best privacy coin. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time investing in this anonymous coin that uses the Tor network. I know I know, everyone says that about their favorite coin. Well here are the reasons why I like this coin and have invested heavily into it:

-Free Airdrop (I could stop here, but won't)
-Integrated with Obfs4
-Secure Wallets for Windows, Linux, and Mac (Mobile Wallet almost out)
-Amazing community (They hold contest, bounties, giveaways, and other ways to earn more onions).
-Active and Deeply committed Dev team.

The list goes on. Check out the white paper here: https://deeponion.org/White-Paper.pdf

Come on over and join us. If you like what you see, stay awhile.
uobaaagrf

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:06:47 PM

I think XMR and DASH, XZC more suitable for investment, very simple, technical strength really good, especially XZC, the current unit price of less than 50 dollars, I think it is a very good buying opportunity.

mrelich (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 06:11:30 PM

I want to invest in a privacy coin but I am not able to decide which is good one .Some people say verge is good but when the mcafee shillings started and the coin dumped I am no longer sure. Does it technically have what it takes to be a good privacy coin like monero in future ? How good is the team?

Verge is not bad but still a bit overhyped. There are other good privacy coins with a lower market cap - look at the list at the beginning of this topic.
I think Verge have quite a good development team, there are a lot of developers, however most of the work is being done by just few of them - look at https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE/graphs/contributors
borpolev

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 10:05:25 PM

I like ZenCash because of zk-SNARKS,Domain Fronting,IPFS and DAO. Also IntenseCoin should have a bright future.

ycoin123

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:06:44 PM

Dear Crypto community,

Because the privacy of transactions is, in my view, one of the most important features that cryptocurrency should have - no one wants Big Brother to look at where, how much, and why you use your money - I tried to make an overview of private coins and their main features. I wonder which privacy coin you see as the best one ?
Also, if I missed any good privacy coin, please write about it in this thread.

ZCash
Zcash uses a new method of cryptographic privacy called “zk-SNARKs”. At the basic level, zero-knowledge proofs allow for a way to prove that the information you are sending to the other party (e.g. the amount of funds) is true, without having to broadcast said information besides the fact that it is true. However, Zcash is not “private by default” particularly due to the inefficiency of zk-SNARKs. Zcash offers the choice of optional privacy - “shielding” is not on by default.

Monero
Monero uses Ring Confidential Transactions to improve privacy and security. By bundling the sending and receiving of public keys with older network transactions, a “mixer” is created that is capable of obfuscating addresses. On top of Ring Confidential Transactions, Monero makes use of ring signatures and Stealth addresses to hide both the sender and the receiver in a transaction.

Dash
Dash is not cryptographically private. Dash promises privacy through mixing, utilizing a modified version of CoinJoin – a method initially created to “anonymize” Bitcoins. Dash functions similar to Bitcoin, in that the blockchain is transparent by default while offering optional privacy by way of mixing. However, the mixing is being done by masternodes and there is nothing preventing these masternodes from logging the user’s output destinations, and there is no way to audit whether or not a masternode is logging anything at all.

Verge
Verge is not cryptographically private. Verge only offers “privacy” by way of Tor and I2P routing, to obfuscate traffic and conceal a user’s IP address when transacting. There are no cryptographic privacy features with regards to the blockchain, the linkability and traceability of transactions and addresses, nor the concealment of the amounts being transacted.

ZenCash
ZenCash uses zk-SNARKS (Private transactions with hidden sender/receiver information) like ZCash, however it has got more privacy features like Domain Fronting (Hides internet connection endpoints to prevent censorship}, IPFS (Publish or access data anonymously via a distributed system) and Secure Nodes. Unlike ZCash, it utilizes DAO-style governance model.

PivX
Pivx uses Zerocoin protocol - Zerocoin transactions (using so-called zPIV coins) exist alongside the PivX currency. The first step is converting PivX into anonymouns zPiv coins. Users then send zPiv to other users (splitting or merging is used along the way). Receiving users then convert zPiv back into PivX. PIVX is also working on implementing with the Invisible Internet Project (I2P), so that the IP address of every PIVX node will be hidden from its peers by defaut.

NAV Coin
NAV Coin is actually two blockchains, the main Nav Coin blockchain and another called the Subchain. When a user wants to send an anonymous transaction, they send the amount of Nav Coin and the recipient’s address to a NavTech incoming processing server. The NavTech processing server creates a transaction of random size on the Subchain and sends the transaction, and the encrypted address of the recipient, to a randomly selected outgoing server. The outgoing server decrypts the recipients address and sends Navcoin, from a pre-filled pool, on to the correct recipient.

And which one is the best for me? ZenCash
Let me know your opinions..

Added on the recommendation of the community:

DeepOnion
DeepOnion is natively integrated with the TOR network and ALL connections are made over the TOR network. Recently, it also supports Obfs4 (protocol on top of the tor network, allows access to tor in the regions that tor is not allowed or banned). Nice DeepVault feature - allows adding file validation credentials(hashes) to the blockchain, can be used to verify a file integrity. More privacy features coming. Good marketing.

SpectreCoin
SpectreCoin is integrated natively in TOR network and it supports masking TOR traffic mechanism (OBFS4). Additional privacy features are zero-knowledge proofs, ring signatures and stealth addresses (they are currently optional but will be made default in Q2 2018). Another nice feature will come in Q2 2018 - staking on Stealth Addresses.

Intense Coin
Intense Coin is a low market cap privacy coin also used as a utility coin for VPN services - a new approach to VPNs whereby peers can offer their own internet connections as encrypted tunnels for interested parties. VPN providers will receive Intense Coin (ITNS) in exchange for their services. Ring signatures are used to ensure privacy - the same technology is used by Monero (XMR). Uses CryptoNight proof-of-work mining algorithm - CPU mineable.

Sumokoin
Sumokoin is a low market cap coin - slightly improved Monero fork (ring Confidential Transactions (RingCT) with minimum ringsize (mixin) of 12). Developers do their job, people talk about it. Aims to be used easily by normal users - they've got easy miner and intuitive GUI wallets.

have you heard of deeponion i don't see it anywhere here
sunnycoiner23

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:08:26 PM

Dear Crypto community,

Because the privacy of transactions is, in my view, one of the most important features that cryptocurrency should have - no one wants Big Brother to look at where, how much, and why you use your money - I tried to make an overview of private coins and their main features. I wonder which privacy coin you see as the best one ?
Also, if I missed any good privacy coin, please write about it in this thread.

ZCash
Zcash uses a new method of cryptographic privacy called “zk-SNARKs”. At the basic level, zero-knowledge proofs allow for a way to prove that the information you are sending to the other party (e.g. the amount of funds) is true, without having to broadcast said information besides the fact that it is true. However, Zcash is not “private by default” particularly due to the inefficiency of zk-SNARKs. Zcash offers the choice of optional privacy - “shielding” is not on by default.

Monero
Monero uses Ring Confidential Transactions to improve privacy and security. By bundling the sending and receiving of public keys with older network transactions, a “mixer” is created that is capable of obfuscating addresses. On top of Ring Confidential Transactions, Monero makes use of ring signatures and Stealth addresses to hide both the sender and the receiver in a transaction.

Dash
Dash is not cryptographically private. Dash promises privacy through mixing, utilizing a modified version of CoinJoin – a method initially created to “anonymize” Bitcoins. Dash functions similar to Bitcoin, in that the blockchain is transparent by default while offering optional privacy by way of mixing. However, the mixing is being done by masternodes and there is nothing preventing these masternodes from logging the user’s output destinations, and there is no way to audit whether or not a masternode is logging anything at all.

Verge
Verge is not cryptographically private. Verge only offers “privacy” by way of Tor and I2P routing, to obfuscate traffic and conceal a user’s IP address when transacting. There are no cryptographic privacy features with regards to the blockchain, the linkability and traceability of transactions and addresses, nor the concealment of the amounts being transacted.

ZenCash
ZenCash uses zk-SNARKS (Private transactions with hidden sender/receiver information) like ZCash, however it has got more privacy features like Domain Fronting (Hides internet connection endpoints to prevent censorship}, IPFS (Publish or access data anonymously via a distributed system) and Secure Nodes. Unlike ZCash, it utilizes DAO-style governance model.

PivX
Pivx uses Zerocoin protocol - Zerocoin transactions (using so-called zPIV coins) exist alongside the PivX currency. The first step is converting PivX into anonymouns zPiv coins. Users then send zPiv to other users (splitting or merging is used along the way). Receiving users then convert zPiv back into PivX. PIVX is also working on implementing with the Invisible Internet Project (I2P), so that the IP address of every PIVX node will be hidden from its peers by defaut.

NAV Coin
NAV Coin is actually two blockchains, the main Nav Coin blockchain and another called the Subchain. When a user wants to send an anonymous transaction, they send the amount of Nav Coin and the recipient’s address to a NavTech incoming processing server. The NavTech processing server creates a transaction of random size on the Subchain and sends the transaction, and the encrypted address of the recipient, to a randomly selected outgoing server. The outgoing server decrypts the recipients address and sends Navcoin, from a pre-filled pool, on to the correct recipient.

And which one is the best for me? ZenCash
Let me know your opinions..

Added on the recommendation of the community:

DeepOnion
DeepOnion is natively integrated with the TOR network and ALL connections are made over the TOR network. Recently, it also supports Obfs4 (protocol on top of the tor network, allows access to tor in the regions that tor is not allowed or banned). Nice DeepVault feature - allows adding file validation credentials(hashes) to the blockchain, can be used to verify a file integrity. More privacy features coming. Good marketing.

SpectreCoin
SpectreCoin is integrated natively in TOR network and it supports masking TOR traffic mechanism (OBFS4). Additional privacy features are zero-knowledge proofs, ring signatures and stealth addresses (they are currently optional but will be made default in Q2 2018). Another nice feature will come in Q2 2018 - staking on Stealth Addresses.

Intense Coin
Intense Coin is a low market cap privacy coin also used as a utility coin for VPN services - a new approach to VPNs whereby peers can offer their own internet connections as encrypted tunnels for interested parties. VPN providers will receive Intense Coin (ITNS) in exchange for their services. Ring signatures are used to ensure privacy - the same technology is used by Monero (XMR). Uses CryptoNight proof-of-work mining algorithm - CPU mineable.

Sumokoin
Sumokoin is a low market cap coin - slightly improved Monero fork (ring Confidential Transactions (RingCT) with minimum ringsize (mixin) of 12). Developers do their job, people talk about it. Aims to be used easily by normal users - they've got easy miner and intuitive GUI wallets.

when i think of privacy i think of these 3three:-
Zencash
Monero
and
DeepOnion
mrelich (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 01:45:19 AM

A lot of people here talked about different projects of Monero ZCash, and you heard about such a coin Karbowanec? They say that it surpasses such serious projects as Monero, probably worth exploring this project more seriously

Hi, made a quick look at it, and it looks like just an older version of Monero (with CryptoNote). Looking at their roadmap, they don't plan to include newest Monero improvements. Does it have any advantage over Monero? Form a quick look, I can't see any..
mrelich (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 01:51:51 AM

I heard sumo is a fork of monero

Yes, it is.  Aims to be used easily by normal users - they've got easy miner and intuitive GUI wallets. However they don't bring any new technical idea as far as I know.
#CapsLOck

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:28:05 AM

Base on what I read and I saw, the coins that really captivatid my attention is both the navcoin and moreno because you can actually observe that the transaction are both secured and thats the best thing that the coin should have.
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:51:06 PM

I think that it's important to differentiate between privacy and anonymity.

Anonymity is when people will not know who initiated a transaction. This is how monero, dash etc works. But this is not really enough. If a government agency wants info about who made which transaction, they can always find the IP that the user initiated the transaction from. BAM it's over.

Privacy is when you have both anonymity and your location is kept private. This is achieved when using coins that operate over the TOR network like Deeponion and Spectre. These are the coins that will rocket when people finds out how vulnerable monero/dash is.
borpolev

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 03:30:56 PM

Anonymity is when people will not know who initiated a transaction. This is how monero, dash etc works. But this is not really enough. If a government agency wants info about who made which transaction, they can always find the IP that the user initiated the transaction from. BAM it's over.

Privacy is when you have both anonymity and your location is kept private. This is achieved when using coins that operate over the TOR network like Deeponion and Spectre. These are the coins that will rocket when people finds out how vulnerable monero/dash is.

Hi,
TOR helps when you need to connect to some exchange or online wallet, which might keep track of IP addresses that connected to them.
I also like DomainFronting, which is hiding the endpoints as well, and is used in ZenCash.

However, I believe this level of security might not be so much needed in the future, with P2P transactions and decentralized exchanges (which are becoming more and more populari). If there is no "central" point which logs IP endpoints of transactions, how would they know who initiated the transaction? There is no IP info stored on the blockchain.  

aci69

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:46:14 PM

Hi,
TOR helps when you need to connect to some exchange or online wallet, which might keep track of IP addresses that connected to them.
I also like DomainFronting, which is hiding the endpoints as well, and is used in ZenCash.

However, I believe this level of security might not be so much needed in the future, with P2P transactions and decentralized exchanges (which are becoming more and more populari). If there is no "central" point which logs IP endpoints of transactions, how would they know who initiated the transaction? There is no IP info stored on the blockchain.  

In my opinion, and maybe I'm making a mistake, you are reasoning with the actual legislations.
In the future who knows what is going to happen?
Me too, in my long term portfolio, I invested in DeepOnion, ZenCash and NavCoin because I think
they could solve some issues will pop up.
Expecially DeepOnion and ZenCash, I like them a lot. Wink
Jon88

Merit: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:58:56 PM

If they promise what they say then IntenseCoin for making profit.
snowboard

Activity: 158
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:13:31 PM

Spectrecoin definately nr 1, then zoin, take a look at zoin
Sikka157

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:32:13 AM

DeepOnion is definitely the best privacy coin out there. It has an active community, excellent development team that never gets tired of bringing more updates. The roadmap is awesome--Votecentral, Deepsend, DeepVault online, smart contracts, mobile wallets and many more things are coming soon. DeepOnion uses the latest TOR EDGE 0.3.3 with OBFS4 and MEEK that lets it be used in the countries like China which blocks TOR. The marketcap is also very low and the coin supply is also very low, so it has a huge potential for growth.
Here is a link to the whitepaper if interested to read https://deeponion.org/White-Paper.pdf
stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:29:19 PM

DeepOnion is definitely the best privacy coin out there. It has an active community, excellent development team that never gets tired of bringing more updates. The roadmap is awesome--Votecentral, Deepsend, DeepVault online, smart contracts, mobile wallets and many more things are coming soon. DeepOnion uses the latest TOR EDGE 0.3.3 with OBFS4 and MEEK that lets it be used in the countries like China which blocks TOR. The marketcap is also very low and the coin supply is also very low, so it has a huge potential for growth.
Here is a link to the whitepaper if interested to read https://deeponion.org/White-Paper.pdf

There is nothing more to say. At the moment there are free airdrops every friday, i think after the airdrops are finished (should be 9 weeks left if i`m right) the price will grow this year to a three figure...i guess.  Cool
The only thing i can add is the online shop for some merch (https://deeponion.shop/) and the DeepOnion song with prof. music video. Cheesy Really active community as you can see Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7cxoz9d8gQ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: