Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:49:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Privacy coins list - which one is the best ??  (Read 11511 times)
eiijee160613

Activity: 448
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:59:19 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 03:20:03 AM by eiijee160613

Well, guys, i've done little research and made a comparison chart of most common currencies from which we can clearly see that DeepOnion has many advantages over others.

Oh! That's a helpful chart . As i've seen, privacy coin are given with good security features but for anonymty, i guess some are not enough and i think that matter advantages DeepOnion from others! Thanks man!

I just noticed no cloakcoin on the list of privacy coin choices on topic?  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
napman

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:54:51 AM

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on Pre-ICO stage right now, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
ra213

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 05:12:49 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 07:18:04 AM by ra213

Could you please add shield to the list? They have planned a quantum proof and masternode supported privacy coin.
https://www.shieldx.sh/

It's a hard choice to decide from your list. I hold a few privacy coins (shield, verge, sumo), but my favorite is DeepOnion. All connections are made through the tor network (obfs4 supported), they recently released stealth addresses and DeepSend is under development. The technology is solid, but they differ in one important point. They try to create use cases and to achieve mass adoption for their currency and this is the only way how a coin can prevail on the market. Not everything is about speculation.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
freddanso2

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:09:13 AM

Lets not forget that wanchain also have privacy coin features . with its ring signature option .
freddanso2

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:15:18 AM

I think Deeponion is my fav out of all the privacy coins due to its deep vault features
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:19:04 AM

There are many more coins and their forks  with privacy features. Many forks of top privacy coins  Monero and Zcash need to be checked too. 
paoad

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:20:00 AM

Privacy coins are the future in crypto, they have a real use-case and some of the are really promising projects. Personally I hodl a bag of Monero, but my biggest bag is on DeepOnion, which has an enormous potential and it's still under the radar of most. It combines the best features of other popular privacy projects like Zcash (Zero knowledge), Monero (Rings signatures) and Dash (Coinjoin technologies) and it's natively tor integrated. It's extremely undervalued for the moment given that we are only 3 weeks before the end of the airdrops and one of the most expected feature of the whitepaper (https://deeponion.org/White-Paper.pdf), the VoteCentral is also coming soon.

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1655593
DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Team NOW! ⚡
Be light

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

In crypto we trust!

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:58:47 PM

Good topic. I personally also bet on the privacy coins, in my opinion, doesn' matter how to future market would regulate, privacy always matters.
If I need to choose one privacy coin from this list. For now and future development I pick DeepOnion. Really fast, secure project, which I have tested on my own.
xaviervilla

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:06:53 PM

Wow, I never really thought that there really are pretty much a huge number of privacy coins out there. The only thing I really knew about was monero and nothing more. Had I not seen this post I would have remained blind to all the choices I could have made. Thanks for posting this man, this really is such a big help for a lot of newbies and even people like me that do not have that much time to look for the best coins out there. I really need to read more about all these coins mentioned since I really need to use these type of coins.

EDIT : Thanks for the comparison 05w3z0, really saved me a lot of time.
China8888

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:51:57 PM

DeepOnion
DeepOnion is natively integrated with the TOR network and ALL connections are made over the TOR network. Recently, it also supports Obfs4 (protocol on top of the tor network, allows access to tor in the regions that tor is not allowed or banned). Nice DeepVault feature - allows adding file validation credentials(hashes) to the blockchain, can be used to verify a file integrity. More privacy features coming. Good marketing.

Thanks for adding DeepOnion. Last week Android Wallet and new Computer Wallet update (Supporting Stealth Addresses) were released. In next weeks we will have Vote Central too  Grin

Interesting thread. Privacy coins have a great future in crypto. I have some Monero and made good money off them back in 2017. DeepOnion is a much younger project and much fewer coins at only 25 million total supply. Check out the whitepaper and see how Tor, Meek and OBFS4 integration enable people to still use this coin in certain countries with internet censorship.
last7minutes

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:15:53 PM

Well, guys, i've done little research and made a comparison chart of most common currencies from which we can clearly see that DeepOnion has many advantages over others.

Oh! That's a helpful chart . As i've seen, privacy coin are given with good security features but for anonymty, i guess some are not enough and i think that matter advantages DeepOnion from others! Thanks man!

I just noticed no cloakcoin on the list of privacy coin choices on topic?  Wink

I suppose it would be better if everybody can save this table. It is a real help. I have heard that some people were not satisfied with the privacy and safety of Monero. I like this coin, although transactions are not so fast.
05w3z0

Activity: 296

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 09:13:37 PM

people pick coins on a personal preference and previous experience, to be honest, I've been involved only in onions and xvg and so far I can tell that deeponion has many advantages and everything is just ... better, for the rest there is comparison chart and numbers talk for themselves.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
ra213

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 09:22:09 AM

people pick coins on a personal preference and previous experience, to be honest, I've been involved only in onions and xvg and so far I can tell that deeponion has many advantages and everything is just ... better, for the rest there is comparison chart and numbers talk for themselves.

Personal preference, marketing, communication are all important factors. I also think that the technology is not the major decision point.

uzitgc

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:31:13 AM

Best privacy coin is not listed here, i have spent a lot of times of researching which coins r worthy investment but i didnt see XSPEC here it is the most updated and advanced privacy coin that will surely give u a full anonimity in ur transactions. U need to do a lot of research and don`t trust what other's people suggestions know it by yourself.
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:06:34 PM

good list and descriptions. thanks for this
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:44:34 PM

Monero
Monero uses Ring Confidential Transactions to improve privacy and security. By bundling the sending and receiving of public keys with older network transactions, a “mixer” is created that is capable of obfuscating addresses. On top of Ring Confidential Transactions, Monero makes use of ring signatures and Stealth addresses to hide both the sender and the receiver in a transaction.

I prefer Monero (XMR) to be my privacy altcoin. Monero already used by many peoples.
Monero is the most popular altcoin that have a cryptonight algorithm to mine.
You can mine it using your CPU.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Nastinmel

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:17:27 PM

Dear Crypto community,

Because the privacy of transactions is, in my view, one of the most important features that cryptocurrency should have - no one wants Big Brother to look at where, how much, and why you use your money - I tried to make an overview of private coins and their main features. I wonder which privacy coin you see as the best one ?
Also, if I missed any good privacy coin, please write about it in this thread.

ZCash
Zcash uses a new method of cryptographic privacy called “zk-SNARKs”. At the basic level, zero-knowledge proofs allow for a way to prove that the information you are sending to the other party (e.g. the amount of funds) is true, without having to broadcast said information besides the fact that it is true. However, Zcash is not “private by default” particularly due to the inefficiency of zk-SNARKs. Zcash offers the choice of optional privacy - “shielding” is not on by default.

Monero
Monero uses Ring Confidential Transactions to improve privacy and security. By bundling the sending and receiving of public keys with older network transactions, a “mixer” is created that is capable of obfuscating addresses. On top of Ring Confidential Transactions, Monero makes use of ring signatures and Stealth addresses to hide both the sender and the receiver in a transaction.

Dash
Dash is not cryptographically private. Dash promises privacy through mixing, utilizing a modified version of CoinJoin – a method initially created to “anonymize” Bitcoins. Dash functions similar to Bitcoin, in that the blockchain is transparent by default while offering optional privacy by way of mixing. However, the mixing is being done by masternodes and there is nothing preventing these masternodes from logging the user’s output destinations, and there is no way to audit whether or not a masternode is logging anything at all.

Verge
Verge is not cryptographically private. Verge only offers “privacy” by way of Tor and I2P routing, to obfuscate traffic and conceal a user’s IP address when transacting. There are no cryptographic privacy features with regards to the blockchain, the linkability and traceability of transactions and addresses, nor the concealment of the amounts being transacted.

ZenCash
ZenCash uses zk-SNARKS (Private transactions with hidden sender/receiver information) like ZCash, however it has got more privacy features like Domain Fronting (Hides internet connection endpoints to prevent censorship}, IPFS (Publish or access data anonymously via a distributed system) and Secure Nodes. Unlike ZCash, it utilizes DAO-style governance model.

PivX
Pivx uses Zerocoin protocol - Zerocoin transactions (using so-called zPIV coins) exist alongside the PivX currency. The first step is converting PivX into anonymouns zPiv coins. Users then send zPiv to other users (splitting or merging is used along the way). Receiving users then convert zPiv back into PivX. PIVX is also working on implementing with the Invisible Internet Project (I2P), so that the IP address of every PIVX node will be hidden from its peers by defaut.

NAV Coin
NAV Coin is actually two blockchains, the main Nav Coin blockchain and another called the Subchain. When a user wants to send an anonymous transaction, they send the amount of Nav Coin and the recipient’s address to a NavTech incoming processing server. The NavTech processing server creates a transaction of random size on the Subchain and sends the transaction, and the encrypted address of the recipient, to a randomly selected outgoing server. The outgoing server decrypts the recipients address and sends Navcoin, from a pre-filled pool, on to the correct recipient.

And which one is the best for me? ZenCash
Let me know your opinions..

Added on the recommendation of the community:

DeepOnion
DeepOnion is natively integrated with the TOR network and ALL connections are made over the TOR network. Recently, it also supports Obfs4 (protocol on top of the tor network, allows access to tor in the regions that tor is not allowed or banned). Nice DeepVault feature - allows adding file validation credentials(hashes) to the blockchain, can be used to verify a file integrity. More privacy features coming. Good marketing.

SpectreCoin
SpectreCoin is integrated natively in TOR network and it supports masking TOR traffic mechanism (OBFS4). Additional privacy features are zero-knowledge proofs, ring signatures and stealth addresses (they are currently optional but will be made default in Q2 2018). Another nice feature will come in Q2 2018 - staking on Stealth Addresses.

Intense Coin
Intense Coin is a low market cap privacy coin also used as a utility coin for VPN services - a new approach to VPNs whereby peers can offer their own internet connections as encrypted tunnels for interested parties. VPN providers will receive Intense Coin (ITNS) in exchange for their services. Ring signatures are used to ensure privacy - the same technology is used by Monero (XMR). Uses CryptoNight proof-of-work mining algorithm - CPU mineable.

Sumokoin
Sumokoin is a low market cap coin - slightly improved Monero fork (ring Confidential Transactions (RingCT) with minimum ringsize (mixin) of 12). Developers do their job, people talk about it. Aims to be used easily by normal users - they've got easy miner and intuitive GUI wallets.

Electroneum
Electroneum is a Monero fork from autumn 2017. It doesn't have any improvements over Monero regarding privacy, and I haven't found any plans to implement new and planned Monero features since the fork in their roadmap. The Electroneum team seem to be good in marketing and they also concentrate on user-friendly interface. They made a "mobile miner", however the app is just a marketing trick and does not perform real mining – it's only a simulation of mining (distributing premined coins).

Many people on btctalk talking about different projects of XMR zcash, and you heard about coin Karbowanec? It says that it's good
euggio

Activity: 433

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:00:56 AM

In my mind each of these altcoins deserves to have this attention in long-term investments, also privacy coins become more popular with that time         
rost1989

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:07:33 AM

Dear Crypto community,

Because the privacy of transactions is, in my view, one of the most important features that cryptocurrency should have - no one wants Big Brother to look at where, how much, and why you use your money - I tried to make an overview of private coins and their main features. I wonder which privacy coin you see as the best one ?

ZCash
Zcash uses a new method of cryptographic privacy called “zk-SNARKs”. At the basic level, zero-knowledge proofs allow for a way to prove that the information you are sending to the other party (e.g. the amount of funds) is true, without having to broadcast said information besides the fact that it is true. However, Zcash is not “private by default” particularly due to the inefficiency of zk-SNARKs. Zcash offers the choice of optional privacy - “shielding” is not on by default.

Monero

Dash
Dash is not cryptographically private. Dash promises privacy through mixing, utilizing a modified version of CoinJoin – a method initially created to “anonymize” Bitcoins. Dash functions similar to Bitcoin, in that the blockchain is transparent by default while offering optional privacy by way of mixing. However, the mixing is being done by masternodes and there is nothing preventing these masternodes from logging the user’s output destinations, and there is no way to audit whether or not a masternode is logging anything at all.

Verge
Verge is not cryptographically private. Verge only offers “privacy” by way of Tor and I2P routing, to obfuscate traffic and conceal a user’s IP address when transacting. There are no cryptographic privacy features with regards to the blockchain, the linkability and traceability of transactions and addresses, nor the concealment of the amounts being transacted.

ZenCash
ZenCash uses zk-SNARKS (Private transactions with hidden sender/receiver information) like ZCash, however it has got more privacy features like Domain Fronting (Hides internet connection endpoints to prevent censorship}, IPFS (Publish or access data anonymously via a distributed system) and Secure Nodes. Unlike ZCash, it utilizes DAO-style governance model.

PivX
Pivx uses Zerocoin protocol - Zerocoin transactions (using so-called zPIV coins) exist alongside the PivX currency. The first step is converting PivX into anonymouns zPiv coins. Users then send zPiv to other users (splitting or merging is used along the way). Receiving users then convert zPiv back into PivX. PIVX is also working on implementing with the Invisible Internet Project (I2P), so that the IP address of every PIVX node will be hidden from its peers by defaut.

NAV Coin
NAV Coin is actually two blockchains, the main Nav Coin blockchain and another called the Subchain. When a user wants to send an anonymous transaction, they send the amount of Nav Coin and the recipient’s address to a NavTech incoming processing server. The NavTech processing server creates a transaction of random size on the Subchain and sends the transaction, and the encrypted address of the recipient, to a randomly selected outgoing server. The outgoing server decrypts the recipients address and sends Navcoin, from a pre-filled pool, on to the correct recipient.

DeepOnion

SpectreCoin
SpectreCoin is integrated natively in TOR network and it supports masking TOR traffic mechanism (OBFS4). Additional privacy features are zero-knowledge proofs, ring signatures and stealth addresses (they are currently optional but will be made default in Q2 2018). Another nice feature will come in Q2 2018 - staking on Stealth Addresses.

Intense Coin
Intense Coin is a low market cap privacy coin also used as a utility coin for VPN services - a new approach to VPNs whereby peers can offer their own internet connections as encrypted tunnels for interested parties. VPN providers will receive Intense Coin (ITNS) in exchange for their services. Ring signatures are used to ensure privacy - the same technology is used by Monero (XMR). Uses CryptoNight proof-of-work mining algorithm - CPU mineable.

Sumokoin
Sumokoin is a low market cap coin - slightly improved Monero fork (ring Confidential Transactions (RingCT) with minimum ringsize (mixin) of 12). Developers do their job, people talk about it. Aims to be used easily by normal users - they've got easy miner and intuitive GUI wallets.

Electroneum
Electroneum is a Monero fork from autumn 2017. It doesn't have any improvements over Monero regarding privacy, and I haven't found any plans to implement new and planned Monero features since the fork in their roadmap. The Electroneum team seem to be good in marketing and they also concentrate on user-friendly interface. They made a "mobile miner", however the app is just a marketing trick and does not perform real mining – it's only a simulation of mining (distributing premined coins).

I think that you could also add Wancoin to the list. They implemented a possibility to send and receive private transactions.
I just don't get the idea of all privacy coins. Of course privacy is important but I think privacy will  become a feature of every coin soon.

Melnikof

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:47:29 PM

Dear Crypto community,

ZCash

Monero

Dash

Verge

ZenCash

PivX

NAV Coin

DeepOnion

SpectreCoin

Intense Coin

Sumokoin

Electroneum

I mostly like coins that are Zencash and deeponion, for that they both based on some of DAO consensus, I like them
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: