Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:42:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WARREN BUFFET says Bitcoin won't end well  (Read 3768 times)
Frances_McGlothlin

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:17:33 PM

Just brew coffee, sit on a chair, turn on your laptop and go to,, news,,.Pay attention to the hype around bitcoin and altcoins.Only a fool can't understand that soon we will live quite differently.Remember when it was in dreams and it seemed fantastic to see a person on the screen from another country or continent. Now it's reality.Now the situation with bitcoin is the same.And I can say that with bitcoin everything will be fine

Yeah, but where is that hype coming from? Our community of course. In this day and age with personalized news feeds, everything has turned into an echo chamber. You only find bitcoin positive news because you personally choose bitcoin positive news. The algorithms don't expose you to any negative news because that's what you wouldn't like.

You are right though, we do live differently and the powers that be are seeing this as a threat to their autonomy. But their powers have been slipping through their fingers ever since the internet has been invented, which is why they are getting more desperate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AvadaJigurda

Activity: 231
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:40:08 PM

I think Warren Buffett is a great investor and his opinion may indeed be true, especially considering that he said this just before bitcoin started to fall, but still I think bitcoin has a good future and we should not panic because of the opinion of one person, even such as Warren Buffett.
muddy waters

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:59:51 PM

What is your  opinion as per  Warren buffet statement, he is a wealthy giant globally he told CNBC on Wednesday the recent craze over bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies won't end well. "In terms of cryptocurrencies, generally, I can say with almost certainty that they will come to a bad ending,"
Am really scared hope the end is not near. I want to hear from knowledgeable individual what the future holds.
I would say that Warren Buffet will not end well if he continues to discourage bircoin  Cheesy
I just can't figure out why would anybody believe the words of this old and a bit crazy man?
Is he an expert in blockchain and perspectives it can bring to our world??

PotassiumIodideCryptoc

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:18:25 AM

Most capitalists won't love tech that threathens their hegemony. They have filled up with their stable asset. When bitcoin give opportunity for all people to hold their wealth. Capitalists will worry and spread FUD EVERYWHERE
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:16:29 PM

I think Warren Buffett is a great investor and his opinion may indeed be true, especially considering that he said this just before bitcoin started to fall, but still I think bitcoin has a good future and we should not panic because of the opinion of one person, even such as Warren Buffett.

Warren Buffett has been saying the same shit about crypto for quite some time now. If my memory serves me right, he had first voiced his opinion about bitcoin (or should I rather say against it?) as early as in 2013, that is 5 years ago. He didn't change his mind since then as far as I know, so you can't actually claim that he was quite prophetic about bitcoin's ups and downs. Somewhere in between 2013 and now bitcoin collapsed to below 200 dollars and then rose to almost 20k. Thus his track record is not quite there considering he has been defaming crypto all this time.
Kb4real

Activity: 70

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:35:55 PM

He is just saying trash and keep jealousy with the success of the bitcoin and cryptocurrency at a large, he will witness the more success of crypto in future.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
panningforcoin

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 03:48:42 PM

Buffet also refused to invest in Google and Amazon when in their infancy, saying he didn't believe they were sustainable, so he is capable of missing the boat big time.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:50:53 PM

Bitcoin Classic rolls out, and days later there is no word about it in the News Media.

Mike Hearn declares Bitcoin dead and within hours it is in the New York Times.....
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/17/business/dealbook/the-bitcoin-believer-who-gave-up.html

Mark my words: Bitcoin is getting ready to be in a fight for it's life.

On one side are the Blockstream/Core players.  Liars, manipulators, shill, not afraid to destroy the fabric of Bitcoin with every bit of FUD they can dredge up - even if it kills bitcoin, but if they can't have total control, no one can.

On the other side you have Mike Hearn w/R3CEV/Hyperledger/Banks (AND Mainstream Media & Govt backing - don't forget that!)

We are at the start of a foot race to see who gets ready forst for the upcoming global financial meltdown. 

It's pretty clear that Bitcoin Classic will prevail in the upcoming March Fork given the huge amount of support / concensus for it.  But Blockstream seems to wat to make this a do or die fight, and they appear to be willing to destroy the good name of bitcoin if they don't get their way.  The looming battle may be the perfect backdrop of confusion and chaos for a Fiat Coin to rise from the shadows, and with the help of Gov't & Media nods - be introduced to the masses.

Fasten your seatbelts kiddies.... this is going to be a wild ride.  Right now I am betting 50% on Classic / 50% on Fiat Coin.  Current 1mb Blockstream/Core Coin not even worth mentioning in my opinion.  I see 0.001%.
We all know that bitcoin is a potential crypto currency and I guess is the most successful and the most popular crypto currency among all available in the market and thus there are millions of people around the world who find bitcoin to be very much trustworthy and the most important factor playing a very important role in the success of bitcoin is its sustainable nature that bitcoin has made its existence for more than a decade and there are still many decades to go with bitcoin and I also thinks that bitcoin could not dead as easily.
Amandaturner

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:04:12 AM

I really doubt that he really knows how bitcoin works and the way that it can revolutionize the entire world, i am more than sorry for him, but bitcoin is not going to be dying on a near future, it is just matter of time until it shines.
tee-rex

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:35:57 AM

Buffet also refused to invest in Google and Amazon when in their infancy, saying he didn't believe they were sustainable, so he is capable of missing the boat big time.

Can you provide the source where he says this? I remember him saying that he doesn't invest in hi-tech companies because he is kinda shy of them since he doesn't understand them, doesn't understand their business model and how they earn profits, and so on. I don't remember him saying that he didn't believe in Google or Amazon as they were not going to make it. Buffett is an old bug, he is not a venture (aka vulture) capitalist, so his preference for regular companies producing common goods is understandable even if it means losing a lot of investment opportunities (and not losing your money if these startups fail to deliver).
regnidorhcs

Activity: 173
Merit: 19

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:10:12 AM

I have high respects and admiration to Mr. Warren Buffet and I respect his opinion but that doesn't mean that whatever he says is true and will happen. He doesn't believe and trust crypto currency then that is normal and very acceptable. No one is forcing anyone to believe and trust crypto currency the same way that no one should be hindering the things that you want to do just because of an opinion of someone famous who believes otherwise.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
TradeParty

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:42:50 PM

I admit that Warren Buffet is really an admirable person and as a human he has his own thought but it doesn't means that what he says will bound to be happen.
cmaxwell

Activity: 195

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:56:42 PM

i don't expect anything less than that statement from warren buffet because from the on set he has no passion for cryptocurrency all because he sees the way digital currencies are breaking record of the global economy. many of this richest people believes crypto currencies is a treat to them and their businesses so therefore they want to do everything to speak against it. there is no statement that can stop bitcoin from its acceptability all over the world.
Tduty

Activity: 448
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:28:02 PM

I know Warren Buffett is a great investor, but that means is not it that his thought is correct all time. Bitcoin is not going to be dying in a near future. Bitcoin has a bright future. We should not panic because of the opinion of one a person like him. Always ignore peoples, who don't like crypto or always say negative things about crypto. If you believe in bitcoin, you won't listen to these business magnates' old sayings. Just ignore it and keep your mind open to new things.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]       Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●          ►          Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓          ◄          ●
FACEBOOK               TWITTER               INSTAGRAM               TELEGRAM
tee-rex

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:11:53 PM

I know Warren Buffett is a great investor, but that means is not it that his thought is correct all time. Bitcoin is not going to be dying in a near future. Bitcoin has a bright future. We should not panic because of the opinion of one a person like him. Always ignore peoples, who don't like crypto or always say negative things about crypto. If you believe in bitcoin, you won't listen to these business magnates' old sayings. Just ignore it and keep your mind open to new things.

Damn, if I'm not confusing him with someone else (which is unlikely), Buffett is notoriously famous for evading direct answers at all costs. His famous phrase is kinda "I don't know". I remember him and his sidekick, Charlie Munger (not to be confused with Charlie Lee) being interviewed on the prospects of the stock and bond markets, and when confronted with a direct question about the future price of a certain bond (that was a 15-year US treasury bond if I remember correctly), he answered humbly "I don't know".

By the way, Charlie Munger (who is not Charlie Lee) is also famous for his saying that people calculate too much and think too little.
abojamal

Activity: 322
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:24:18 PM

I feel that the publication of such topics has a negative impact on the market as a whole
I am resentful of those who say their opinion on the cryptocurrency without strong arguments
Just just feelings.
I hope these themes disappear.

POZESS
Photo Sharing Social Marketplace That Rewards its Users
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  YouTube ♦  Reddit ♦  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
Akande13

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:34:53 PM

Bitcoin has soared in recent months, spurred by greater acceptance of the blockchain technology that underpins the exchange method and optimism that faster transaction times will encourage broader use of the cryptocurrency. Prices have climbed more than four-fold this year — a run that has drawn debate over whether that’s a bubble.
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:12:42 AM

What is your  opinion as per  Warren buffet statement, he is a wealthy giant globally he told CNBC on Wednesday the recent craze over bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies won't end well. "In terms of cryptocurrencies, generally, I can say with almost certainty that they will come to a bad ending,"
Am really scared hope the end is not near. I want to hear from knowledgeable individual what the future holds.

Warren Buffet have a banks share. Its not surprise if warren buffet againts bitcoin or cryptocurrency because it will disrupting banks bussiness. I am believe bitcoin and cryptocurrency will have a good future.
KseniaLard

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:31:53 PM

Warren Buffett makes his investment on the basis of fundamental principles. Therefore, I can say with certainty that Warren Buffett and any fundamental investor do not have a positive opinion about Bitcoin.
Mandarava

Merit: 103

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:38:35 PM

Without a doubt, Buffett is a respected businessman and knows a lot about many things. However, do not rely on his opinion on this issue. He is just a man and can not see the whole picture of what is happening. He is also a representative of the older generation. The older generation was always famous for having conservative views on any innovations and technologies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: